Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Kiss Of Life ❯ Kiss Of Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kiss of Life
-Tsuyoku-
2xR fic others include HildexOriginal and implied Z(6)xN

Please Reveiw, I haven't gotten any so far and I'd like at least one to know how I am doing...

Chapter One...

Relena walked along the corridors of the hospital. She had been visiting Hilde, who had her tonsils taken out. Relena was off to find some water or a cafeteria where she could find some food because she had not eaten in so long.

/"Oh, Hilde! I am really glad that you are ok. I came as soon as I heard." She set down a vase of flowers on a table in the room. "And how are you, Mike?" Relena asked Hilde's husband. They'd be married for almost a year now.

"I can't complain, though Hilde did give me a scare when it happened. I am glad that she is ok." Mike took hold of Hilde's hand and gave her a smile.

"Hey Relena, did you see Duo on the way here?" Asked Hilde.

"Huh?" Relena said.

"Well, Duo was visiting me here and he said that he had to go to the bathroom. I told him that there was one in the room here, but eh was already out the door. It was a little while ago, and Duo wouldn't leave without saying goodbye. I wonder where he went off to..."

Relena stayed around the room for a while. All three of them talked for a while over the stay at the hospital, how things were going, and Hilde and Mike even wanted to know a little about how her work was going.

Relena took a moment and checked her watch. She told Hilde and Mike that she was going to go get a sandwich or something to drink and that she would be right back. Plus, Hilde asked her to look for Duo while she was out, just in case she saw him or anything.

So here Relena was, lost in a hospital. She was in a wing of the hospital that didn't seem to be used at all. It was dark and had various plastic shrouds over things as if it had once been under construction, but was abandoned. Of course, Relena was starting to get scared about all of this. She was in a dark hallway and no one was around.

Wait, there was someone there. She could see a figure through one of the plastic sheets hanging down from the ceiling. But who would be back here now? It could be a construction worker, but why would they be working without a light in? And why alone?

Everything was running through her head at once... She didn't know what exactly was going on, but she wanted to take a closer look. Thankful that she wore casual clothes and not her usual outfit complete with loud, noisy high heels, Relena crept closer to the figure. But now she noticed that there was another figure, it was lying on the ground... The first figure was standing over the figure.

"I'm sorry... It was time..." Were the words that escaped the first person's mouth. Her eyes widened. Relena knew that voice, or at least she though that she did. It sounded like... Duo, but it wasn't cheerful, it was deep, cold..., dead. A braid swayed in what little light was admitted from an emergency florescent. Relena gasped making Duo look up. She started to turn around and run, but before she knew it, the gundam pilot's god- like (pun intended... XP) speed caught up to her and cut her off.

Duo or not, Relena didn't know what was going on. Either way, Relena had good reason to believe that the person on the ground was dead. That meant that she was being held by someone who was killing even after the war was over. He was taking lives still when peace was being spread throughout the Earth, and finally starting to catch on! How could he? Duo was her friend, one of her best friends, and he had to go and betray all that she taught him and all that she had come to think that he believed in!