Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Shinigami and the Angel of Death ❯ The Morning After ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Legend of Shinigami and the Angel of Death 5/?
Author: Makiko Igami
Archive: http://www.yaoi.rulestheweb.com
http://www.gwaddiction.com/levlair/
http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/src.php?auth=58906
http://www.efanfic tion.net/authors.php?no=2916
Category: AU, Supernatural
Rating: this chapter... PG? May go up soon...
Pairings: It might take a whole chapter to put all in here... but main: 1x2
Warnings: Yaoi, a bit angst, ... more to come
Spoilers: Since this is AU... none.
Summary: My version of the Legend of Atlantis, mixed with the characters of Gundam Wing. Heero is an ex-slave who is to marry his ex-masters daughter Relena. But one day on the market he meets somebody whom fate sent him...
Notes&Comments: My first try on a AU... I always liked the legend of Atlantis... I kinda make my own one up here, it may not fit into the ones you know... And I don't know exactly what might happen further on...
I'm sorry I didn't get to where I wanted this chapter to move... I hope you like it anyways.
*gets hit by muses (again) to work on chapter 6* Hai hai!

"..." spoken words
'...' thoughts
______________________________________________________________ _________

Duo climbed over the roofs of Atlantis to a special house. He was as silent as a fish in the sea, but if he could, he would have screamed loudly. He was upset, and he didn't really know why.

After a few more jumps he finally reached his destination on top of one particularly big house and he leaned down to knock on a window.

"Hey, Q-ball," he whispered. "Are you there? Q-man!"

The long-haired man heard some rustling on the other side of the window and felt his braid fall down over the edge as a blond young man opened the golden shutters. The blond head looked around in confusion for a while before he saw the chestnut rope right next to him and looked up into almost violet eyes.

"Duo! What in the God's names are you doing here this late!?"

The man in question just grinned down at the shocked and tired face. "I needed to talk, Quatre. I think I'll explode any second now."

'Well, please don't do it on the roof of this house please,' thought Quatre but only sighed as he sat down on the window sill, so that he was facing Duo. He knew his friend just needed somebody to vent his anger about some girl or guy who treated him badly or not as good as he had hoped. "What happened?"

Propping his chin on his hands, the other young man stared off into the distance started to give air to his thoughts.

"Q, you know about this guy I was staying with recently, the one with the club right? Well, he let me in there since this was the last night he'd ever see me and guess who I met? That guy I kissed the other day."

"Who?" Quatre almost meeped as a dark glare hit him. "I'm sorry to ask, but I have other businesses as well, don't you remember? I can't recall everybody you kissed by just one sentence... I need a little more details," he almost pleaded although he didn't really want to know.

"That guy on the market, that I kissed to get away from Hilde, the one who looked like the lost son of the God and the Goddess..." Duo trailed off as he thought that he had given enough description to his friend.

Who looked at him quite blankly as he said, "Oh! THAT guy!" Duo knew he didn't remember it, but he didn't care right now. He had more important things to say.

"Anyways, I was hitting on this really hot chick, long sand-colored hair, eyes like the ocean and a smile as serene as the play of waves against the shore, using my never-failing tactic of buying her a drink when she pointed to a guy behind me. And guess who it was?" he asked finally, looking at his friend expectantly.

"I have no idea," came the sighed answer.

"Quatre! The guy I kissed of course!" Duo almost cried out. "Don't you listen to anything I say?"

The young man in question jerked at the loud accusation and quickly apologized. Duo scolded him for a few more moments but then continued with his story as if nothing had happened.

"Anyways, he was standing there, in this REALLY short green tunic that showed off his gorgeous legs and almost more if it hadn't been for this... skin-tight loincloth-thing pants and I thought, 'Hey, you kissed him. He should remember you and say something about it', but guess what he did? He GLARED at me! Glared at me for hitting on his fiancée! Can you believe it? Once I find the one guy who manages to take my breath away whenever I see him, he's betrothed to one of the richest women in all Atlantis! This is just MY luck!" Almost panting now, Duo was now talking in rage. "How come that the Gods don't like me? How come I am the one they use as a ball to kick around like stones? Why can't I be rich? Why haven't I been born into a family that had money? Why do I have to live on the streets?"

Quatre had been listening for quite some time but now he interrupted the tirade of his friend. "Duo... Duo. Duo! Stop it! Don't tell me you would want to live in a house for all your life!"

Blinking for a second, the one on the roof stopped his ranting. "What has that got to do with anything?"

The blond sighed. "Listen, if you wanted to be born into a family that had money, you would have searched for one long ago. But did you stay with one single person longer than a month or two?"

"No... but..."

Quatre interrupted him again. "Listen to me now, please? You don't want to have a stable home. You need the adventure of finding something new every day and THAT's the reason why you live on the streets, fighting for money, food and a living every day. Don't tell me you don't enjoy your life!"

Panting now, his cheeks flushed from his outburst the blond looked up at the now stunned vagabond. Dark blue eyes blinked once in surprise that Quatre stood up to him, then again about he just heard. He was too stunned to say anything as he was carefully contemplating what the blond had just wanted to make clear.

"I'm sorry, Duo... But I don't think you could ever find somebody who stayed with you longer than two periods of the moon. And not because he or she didn't want to... no, because you would flee from their home before you could let them get close to you."

A new bolt of rage shot through the braided man. "That is NOT true! I DO let people get close to me! I just find them boring after a while!"

"Duo... you are lying to yourself. Let's take Hilde as an example."

"But she wanted to make me her slave!" protested the chestnut-haired one on the roof.

"That's not the matter," the blond waved him off. "She wanted you to be close to her and what did you do? You fled. You couldn't stand the thought of being you two being more than a nice diversion for each other, could you? You would have done anything to get away from her, wouldn't you? That's the reason why you kissed that guy. If you had kissed him for any other reason than that, I am sure he would have remembered you. Besides, it's not that bad being a slave."

During the blond one's lecture, Duo had gotten very quiet. He wanted to scream out that this wasn't the truth, that he was indeed able to stay with somebody longer than two months, that he wanted to get close to people, but then it came to his mind that he wanted to be close only to one particular person, his one and only true love, the one who could silent this fire inside him and whose fire he could silence. But he had yet to meet that someone, did he?

Somewhere along his thoughts he started to wonder why this guy from the market was making him so upset. At first he had thought it was some kind of pride-thing that made him want remember him, but then he felt a silent yearning in his heart that wanted to know the stranger's name, his opinion about life and the cosmos and most of all, he wanted to feel how his body felt against his as they were exploring each other's skin. This was something though that had to wait until another day - 'Or forever,' Duo thought grimly as he remembered that guy's coldness and the disgust he had seen in his eyes as he saw him watch him flirt with another young man with exotic almond black eyes and a short tight black pony-tail, dressed all in white, which was a pretty contrast to his own clothes. But the long-haired man was drifting away in his train of thoughts.

"Quatre... what you say is bullshit. And I'm going to prove you wrong," he said all of a sudden, startling the slave, who was lingering in his own thoughts. "I'm going to find that guy and if I have to turn Atlantis upside down, but then I'll prove you wrong about... everything. And that guy will never forget my face again!"

Quatre on the other hand gulped and wasn't sure if he should be afraid of his friend or not as the little glimmer of malice in the violet eyes was making him shiver and break out in cold sweat.

"Uh... Duo... I think you are taking this a little too seriously," he stammered. "I didn't mean for you to go on a... hunt for this guy..." Secretly he felt pity for him.

"No, Quatre, I want to do this... I need to do this!" Duo said and jumped to his feet. "This is my mission! And Hisakata is my witness! I'm gonna find this guy and make him apologize for his rudeness!"

With this he jumped to the roof of the next house and waved bye to his blond friend. "Thanks Q-ball for lending me your ear! See you later!"

"Wait! Where are you going?" Quatre shouted to hold him back.

"I'm going to find some place to sleep and then I'll start my search on the market place tomorrow. Don't worry I'll find him!" And off he went with a huge grin.

"And I have no idea what I did," murmured the blond young man who remained sitting on the window sill.

But not for long as it was only a few moments after he heard the voice of his lover calling him. He smiled to himself and rushed to open the door for him. May Duo do what ever he thought was necessary for his well-being, Quatre had everything he wanted.

.oOo.

Heero was upset, more than upset, he was downright furious. Just because that damned club didn't have more stable glasses, he was charged the bill of paying for a new set of the most outrageous beakers one had ever seen, just because it was a nightclub. Relena had given them their address though and everything was fine, but Heero was furious with himself and the waiters in that establishment that they blamed him for being the cause of all the mess. Which he wasn't, he didn't even touch that one glass that exploded to his left as he saw how that long-haired idiot stuck his tongue down another man's throat. And not even that other glass to his right that burst into tiny little pieces as Heero caught the sight of a long chestnut braid disappearing into a secluded area from which he had seen people emerging with flushed faces and their clothes in disarray earlier. It could not have been him. The beakers were just not made good enough.

"Heero... it is okay..." he heard Relena whispering silently as she tugged at his arm.

"No, it is not. You had to pay for something that was caused by me, even if I have no idea how," he said back, the anger clearly audible in his voice.

"I have no idea either, but don't think about it anymore, please?" she begged and jerked closer to the brooding young man as another artificial light exploded next to her. "Ah!"

Their conversation had been like that all the way from the club and Relena bet the stars could make out her way if they looked down - a dark lane in a nice little conglomeration of light. Heero had been talking about this matter at the club non-stop and whenever he did, a light-bulb exploded next to them, making Relena suspect that he did this on purpose. It was even worse two corners ago, when two lampposts stopped working at once, which had Relena almost jump on her savior's back for safety. Something was wrong, very wrong, and it was her inquisitive nature that wanted to find out what it was. So far she had only determined that it had something to do with Heero.

.oOo.

"You won't believe what the mistress wanted Heero to wear," Trowa said, brushing a blond and sweat-soaked strand out of his lover's face. "A tunic so short, one would have thought he was still her slave!"

The blond's ears perked. "A short tunic? Which color?"

"Green, but why...?"

"Oh my Gods! Trowa! I KNOW who that mystery girl is your friend is searching for so madly!" Quatre exclaimed and bolted upright, almost knocking his taller lover out with a well-placed hit of his head on the other's chin. "You said, she had knee-long chestnut hair and eyes as dark as the night-sky?"

"Yes, but... who?" his lover stammered, shaking him on his shoulders.

"I can't say... Just tell your friend to go to the market place again tomorrow and look for her!"

"She will be there? You know her? Where from?" The words came out of Trowa's mouth faster than he could put them together.

"Please... don't ask, just do as I said and tell him, please?" Quatre pleaded with him, giving him his best puppy-eye look, which worked tremendously on his lover. Trowa forgot every protest and just hugged the slightly smaller man to his bare chest who snuggled closer to him almost immediately.

"Okay..."

.oOo.

The next morning wasn't any better than the previous night for Heero. Somebody must have drugged his water as he was feeling a very throbbing head-ache as soon as he moved more than the length of his hand. But his chores had to be done and it was better if he did them now or they would be still there tomorrow. And then he'd have to do the ones of tomorrow as well which meant the double amount of work on one day for one day spent lazily in bed. Besides, he couldn't sleep with that loud banging on his door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he murmured into his pillow before he got up and opened the door to his small room.

He was greeted by the sight of a flushed and panting Trowa.

"You have to go to the market today!" were the first words he was able to get out of his mouth.

Heero just looked at him unmoved. "Why? There is no shopping to be done today."

The slightly taller man took a deep breath. "I know! Just... go!"

The sleepy young man turned his back at his friend and was about to close the door. "Give me one good reason to do so."

Trowa was getting near to be frustrated. "Damn Heero! Just go! I heard that this girl who kissed you will be there today!"

"What!?!"

The mirror that was in Heero's room exploded all of a sudden and both men just had the fraction of a second to duck from the pieces. Nevertheless, they both got a cut somewhere.

Trowa was the first to recover.

"Yeah, and you better go before more of this happens."

Prussian blue eyes fixed emerald green ones and the owner simply nodded. Heero was starting to get scared of these accidents as well... and he somehow hoped it would be over if he met that girl again.

To be continued...
______________________________________________________ _________________

Next chapter: The reunion! This time for real. ^^;;