Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Leting go ❯ Letting Go ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the Gundam boys or any other character from the series. I don't own the song "Hold On " It belongs to Sarah McLaughlin and all rights are hers

Warnings: Angst, song fic, Heero POV.

Pairings: 1x2.

Rating: PG

Title: "Letting Go."

Author: Ryouga.

Authors note: // Denotes song lyrics //

"Letting Go."

June 2003 Ryouga

// Hold on. Hold on to yourself

For this is gonna hurt like hell. //

"I'm sorry Heero." Sally's voice interrupted my concentration as I watched the rapid rise and fall of your chest. "There's nothing that can be done for him now."

// Hold on. Hold on to yourself

You know that only time can tell. //

"How long?" I heard myself demanding an answer from the woman as I reached down taking the cold and frail hand in mine.

"I can't say Heero. It could happen today, tomorrow, a month from now. It's only a matter of time before..."

// What is it in me that refuses to believe

This isn't easier than the real thing? //

"There has to be *something* we can do!?" I plead almost desperately.

"I'm sorry Heero, there's nothing." She must sense my anguish as I look into her eyes trying to find answers, because she turns away.

"We've done everything possible. I'm sorry."

// My love. You know that you're my best friend

You know that I'd do anything for you. //

I watch as Sally leaves the room, a serious look in her eyes and I understand now. I think I understood before, but I didn't want to believe it. Not about you.

I would do anything for you right now; even take your place, if I only knew how.

// And my love let nothing come between us

My love for you is strong and true. //

I refuse to let death destroy what we have. You are my heart and soul. My love. My everything. Without you I am only half.

// Am I in heaven here or am I...

At the crossroads I am standing. //

I don't know what to do or think anymore. I'm confused, and for once in my life I think I am truly afraid. My heart beats fast as I think about the way things used to be, knowing that all too soon it will be over.

// So now you're sleeping peaceful

I lie awake and pray that you'll be strong tomorrow

And will see another day and we will praise it

And love the light that brings a smile across your face. //

I climb up by your side and lay next to you, reaching out I touch your face gently. You stir. I pull my hand away from you. It took you long enough to fall into a restless slumber and I didn't want to wake you now that you'd finally settled.

// Oh god if you're out there won't you hear me

I know we've never talked before. //

I often wondered about asking WuFei about his god Nataku. He seems to have a lot of confidence in the deity, but, I don't know what to believe in any more. Not even *I*, the perfect soldier can fix this.

// And oh god the man I love is leaving

Won't you take him when he comes to your door? //

I feel like I've failed, failed the only one I ever loved with every fiber of my being. If there is a god Duo, I want him to watch over you when you finally leave this life.

// Am I in heaven here or am I in hell

At the crossroads I am standing. //

It's hard watching you like this. I feel so helpless and knowing that I can do nothing, makes it worse. You cough, trying to catch your breath but you can't. I sit you up in my arms and reach for the oxygen mask but you push it away.

"Let me go Heero."

You beg me for your release. I tense, realizing you have been holding onto life for *me*.

"It's alright." You reach out and place your hand gently over my heart. "I'll always be with you, here."

Your body starts to convulse and there is nothing I can do but hold you.

// So now you're sleeping peaceful

I lie awake and pray that you'll be strong tomorrow

and we will see another day and we will praise it

and love the light that brings a smile across your face. //

My heart feels like it's being ripped from within me as I watch you slowly slip away. I clutch at my chest with my free hand, working hard to hold back the tears, but, OH GOD!! It's unbearable. I can't stand this pain and I hear you whisper one last time as a tear escapes my grasp...

// Hold on, Hold on to yourself

for this is gonna hurt like hell. //

"Ai Shiteru. I love you!!"

Owari....