Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Life Is Pain ❯ Part 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Life Is Pain Part 5: Are We Intruding?

Okay, here is part 5. Once again, for those of you who have *not* read the earlier versions, here goes: 1x2, 2+5, 3x4, 5xM (past ref) Rx1, Hx2 (in their dreams), IxC, 9x11 (I probably should have mentioned this one in part 4, gomen!!), YAOI, YURI, AU, OOC, OC, magic, mayhem, um, the kitchen sink... anything along that line.

Life Is Pain: Are We Intruding?
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~

Hilde sighed. *You would think that she'd get tired of hearing the same damn thing, every time she asks me to report,* she thought, kneeling at the dais. "Mistress, there is no information on this woman, nor on her compatriots."

Relena seethed. "You incompetent bitch! What do you mean that there is no information?! I thought all of your kind had resources beyond this plane! Use them, damn it!" she screamed, uncharacteristically showing her rage.

Noin, who had been standing in the shadows, suddenly moved forward and touched a spot on the "Queen"'s neck. As Relena suddenly dozed off, Noin sighed.

Hilde looked at the bodyguard with mixed feelings. "Will she be alright when she wakes?" she asked, as if this was commonplace.

Noin nodded and wiped the sweat off her forehead. "By the time she wakes up, she'll be safely ensconced in her chamber, with the door locked from the outside." Her good eye regarded the smaller sorceress. "If I were you, I would stay down in your dungeons until she is in a better mood, or you have some information that would make her happy."

Hilde nodded. Turning to leave, she stopped and put her hand on the cold stone. She felt the life that was in the fossils embedded in the stone call out to her. *I'm a vitamancer, damn it, not a necromancer! I can't do what she wants me to--I can't kill!* But, there it sat. The Queen had asked her to kill--and not just anyone, either. Duo Maxwell, the self-styled Shinigami. He had killed hundreds of Relena's soldiers in one swoop, only to spare thousands more. *There has to be another way,* she thought, soaking in the cold of the stone.
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~
Akabri nodded. "Ierne's right. I'll go with Trowa, Sköll and Quatre." Her braids seemed to flow as she nodded to each in turn.

Flaming Eagle crossed her arms. "Guess that leaves me with Justice-boy, Ierne, Loudmouth, Chen and Glare-boy." She sighed. "Well, at least that's settled."

Wufei snorted at her nickname for him. Granted, it *was* better than the ones she had put on Maxwell and Yuy, but not by much. "If I may ask, what the hell are you planning on doing?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Akabri's eyes widened. "I thought it was obvious, Chang-kun." She said quietly. "We're finishing what Relena started. She started this with death, and so it will end."

Duo's eyes gleamed for a second. "You mean, I get to be good ol' Shinigami again?" he asked, a grin starting to hint at the corners of his mouth.

Ierne nodded. "Good thing it's this close to the full moon," she murmured, more to herself than to the group.

Chen looked at her out of the corner of her eye. "You're sure?" she asked the petite redhead in a whisper. "Will you be--safe?"

Ierne nodded. "You bet. Besides, I'll get my fill of blood once we storm the castle," she whispered back with a grin. She scrunched her auburn curls with one hand. "Besides, you know that I'd slow you down if I didn't change."

Flame looked at the two talking. :Amazing. Even in the midst of all this planning, Chen still manages to try and protect Ierne. I swear, if it wasn't for the fact that we could permanently die at any moment, I'd swear that they'd take the soonest opportunity and jump each other.: She smiled at the thought. Turning to look at Akabri, she brought her mind back to the plans. "So, you want me to do look out or get us in?" she asked, crossing her arms.

Akabri looked up at her with those golden eyes. "You've got the team better suited for getting us in and out." She stated plainly, seeming to calculate the odds in her head.

Trowa nodded, surprisingly. "With Duo and Wufei *and* Heero, you should be able to get in and out with ease. I don't think that Quatre and I would be suited for--" he paused, searching for the word as he ran a hand through his hair. "For anything like the mass destruction you're bound to get with Duo, Heero, and Wufei."

Sköll looked surprised. :I've not heard him speak that much in--well, a long time.: She smiled. "You know, for the first time today, I think I am shocked. Trowa, you're better at this planning shit than I am."

Trowa looked up at her with shock. "Th-thank you, I think."

Quatre smiled. Touching Trowa's arm, he let his pride flow. "It's a rare compliment," he whispered, only for Trowa's ears. "She doesn't admit that she's not good at anything unless someone else is spectacular at it."

Trowa looked down at his golden angel. For one brief moment, he felt like he would cry, but as that moment passed, he simply smiled. "I know."
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~
Une sat at her desk, lit by a small candle. Her dress-shirt was untucked, and all in all, she looked a mess. She had her eyes closed with her glasses on the table. It seemed like the pain that she felt would simply not go away. *Damn that woman. Damn her and her hypocritical ways. That last interrogation nearly killed me.* That realization made her open her eyes.

Noin silently walked into Une's office, closing the door behind her. "I heard," she said softly, as she walked towards the desk, carefully maneuvering in the dark as if it were as bright as day. "So, how's the other guy?" she asked, leaning on the edge of the desk.

Une managed a weak grin. "She's better than I am. The guards left me for two seconds, and the bitch started beating me up. I thought she was chained, but," she said, sighing painfully and shrugging. "Turns out the dolts started to chain her, but got distracted by one of Hilde's creations." She spat the name out like a curse.

Noin put a hand on Une's cheek. "Hilde only created those golems female so that she wouldn't get distracted experimenting on them. Though why she made them stacked, I have no idea." She winced as she felt Une's pain wash over her. "Why didn't you go see the medics? They'd have patched you up so you wouldn't feel it so much--let alone the migraine."

Une snorted. "And let them lecture me about taking better care of myself? I think not." She winced as she shifted in her chair. "Besides, when I'm thinking, the pain isn't that bad."

Noin smiled gently. "Liar. You know as well as I do that if you don't get something for that migraine, it will get worse." She started making the pain go away, holding it like a ball in her mind, slowly willing it to become smaller.

Une leaned into her lover's hands. "You're better than one of those medics, any day."

Noin laughed, though a thought nagged her at the back of her mind. *Why won't she tell the Queen about the attack?*
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~
Quatre looked at the castle through binoculars. "Nice security. Absolutely none, save the guard on the far turret, but he looks like he can be distracted easily." He said to Trowa and Akabri.

Sköll was up in an ancient oak tree, as high as she could climb silently. Akabri was afraid of heights, though she refused to say why, and Trowa had put his foot down at climbing the tree.

Akabri nodded. "I'll take care of the guard. Signal Duo--let him know that we've got the distraction we need to let them get in."

Trowa glanced at the black woman. "You're sure?" he asked, frowning.

Akabri nodded again. "I'm sure. Besides, he'll be so busy trying to undo his pants, he won't notice the pain in his neck." She smiled, her fangs obvious even in the low light.

Quatre shuddered slightly, but lifted up the small flash. *I hope she knows what she's doing,* he thought as he started the code.
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~
Wufei muttered and paced around the small clearing. *I don't want any part of this--Meiran's memory would crumble in my mind---this is madness, trying to storm a castle with only ten people, and you can't even call half of them people, really.* He thought, glaring up at the tree where Maxwell and the redhead sat.

Flaming Eagle suddenly appeared in the space where he was last, stopping him. "You're not doing the grounds any favors, and you're starting to piss me off." Her voice was light, but the look on her face was deadly serious.

Wufei glared at her. "Out of my way, kisama."

She glared at him. "Listen, asshole, you can either help us, or get left behind. I'm not gonna jeopardize the whole crew simply because of your damned stupid prejudice about women. So listen and listen good. Meiran loved you. She *still* loves you, damn it." Flame watched his reaction. "Not only that, but I can't stand seeing you risk yourself by doing nothing when we are here for a reason. Now, either work with us, or don't, it's up to you, but if you don't, so help me, I will make sure that you see Mei-chan much sooner than you thought."

Wufei stopped suddenly, shocked as what she said sunk in. "You wouldn't."

With lightning quick speed, she had a knife at his throat with one hand, and a gun in his stomach with the other. "If you prove to be a liability, you bet your sweet ass I will."

Ierne looked down at the two on the ground. "Kill each other on your own time. We've got the signal." Her auburn hair hid her eyes as she watched them.

Chen looked down also. "It would be a pity to kill him here, particularly if Relena thought that he died *protecting* her." Her fire-green eyes shone, even in the lack of light.

Duo looked at the women, then at his partner. "You think Wu-man's lost it?" he asked quietly.

Heero shrugged and said nothing.

Duo sighed. *Ya try to get him to say something, and it backfires. No big surprise there,* he thought. He looked over at Ierne. "It's a go?" he asked, looking at her cautiously.

Ierne looked at him. "It's a go. We have five minutes for Akabri to get the guard gone. Then, we're on our own until we get inside."

Heero sighed and lightly jumped down. "Let's not waste time." He said, briefly motioning for Duo to follow him to the ground.

The clouds in the night sky shifted, sending a blast of white moonlight into their clearing.

"Uh oh." Ierne growled.

Duo, Heero and Wufei all turned to see what she meant.

Ierne twitched, and suddenly the fur started sprouting as her limbs lengthened and a tail grew. Her hair shortened and coarsened into grey fur as teeth that were sharp even in the beginning became razor sharp. When she finally stopped shifting, she was in wereleopard-human mode. Her eyes dilated in the low light, making the most of it to see. "She's got him. We have to move." Her voice was rough and velvet soft, like a purr.

Wufei was dumbstruck. Duo simply nodded as Heero made sure there was a round in the chamber of his gun.

Chen rolled lightly to her feet, landing like an acrobat. "We either move now, or not at all." She stated flatly, glaring at Wufei.

Flame nodded and started loosening up. "To get over that drawbridge, we'll have to move fast. You three ever channeled energy before?"

Chen looked at the Indian woman, her eyes wide. "You're not serious!"

Flame nodded. "You bet your sweet afterlife I am. We need to move as fast as Ierne-kitty here, and the only way we can do that is if we feed them the energy to make them move that fast."

Chen grumbled something under her breath and started gathering the energy from around her. :Shit. Just as I feared. Not only is there no energy pool here, but it's all tainted with blood-magic. I *hate* necromancy.: She pulled her head up. "Unless you've got a store of energy the size of this castle in your pocket, we won't be able to do a thing. The whole place is tainted with necromantic energy."

Flame grumbled in a similar way. "Damn damn damn. Just figures. The stupid woman built her empire practically with death, so why shouldn't the land be as tainted."

Duo looked at them, puzzled. "Death magic, you mean?" he asked, feeling the hair on the back of his neck rise.

Flame's eyes snapped to the braided pilot. "What do you mean?"

Duo shrugged. "I can feel the energy, that's all." He fidgeted and looked at the shaman. "Why? Is that bad, or something?"

Flame slowly started to smile. "Hell no, that's great! We've finally got a necromancer, and he's feeling the energy!" She put her hands on Duo. "You feel it? Pull it up into you, like a rope, then feed it out to Justice-boy and Glare-child over there. Don't physically do it," she cautioned, grabbing his wrist as he started to throw his hand out. "See the rope in your mind. Imagine those two holding their hands out for that rope like a lifeline."

Duo closed his eyes, and followed her instructions. "It's there," he said, softly, as if in his sleep.

Wufei felt a surge of energy rush through him. The energy seemed to fill him from top to toe, making him want to run, see how fast he could go, see if he could out run the others.

Heero let the energy ride him, burning out the sleep-deprivation he felt.

Duo, above all, felt like he had when he killed--the rush of the kill, the feel of the energy rushing in like a waterfall.

Ierne looked at him, then back at Chen and Flame. "Can we get moving now? While Akabri is trying to suck him dry, preferably?" her voice grew rough as she got sarcastic.

Flame smiled. "Now, we run."
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~
Mwahahahaha...neat twist, ne? Think this was supposed to happen? Not on your life.
Ryu-kun: Will they be able to storm the castle? Will the five scary ladies finish their job? Will Duo let the death ride him? Will Keiryn-neko ever leave me alone so I can sleep?
K-n: Hey! -.- I heard that!
Ryu-kun: ::sigh:: Stay tuned for part 6, 'Mind if we cut in?'