Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Little Angel ❯ Little Angel ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Angel

"Yes Trowa, it is," the angel whispered, an eerie echo following his voice.

Trowa sighed a sigh of relief. "But if it really is you, then why are you acting so shy?"

"I'm not. I just don't want to get closer to your heart than I am already; I don't want to hurt you."

"How can you hurt me little one?" he asked the glow that was becoming more like Quatre, the one he knew, but he was transparent, and Trowa knew he couldn't touch him.

"If I get too close, we'll want to hold onto each other and never let go. That's why I have to stay away for now. I can't stay much longer Trowa, but before I go, I have something to ask you."

"Then ask, little angel."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Tell me that you...Forget it. Nevermind," the angel said, shaking his head in disapproval of his own words.

"No, Quatre. I understand why you want to know; you deserve to know. I love you, with all my heart and soul, and I will forever. I'd never let anything happen to you, that is, if you were still alive..." he trailed off, beginning to cry quietly.

"Trowa, I know you love me with all your heart, but not with your soul. Besides love, your missing something, and until you figure out what it is, I can't have your soul to love back. And I can't come back until you figure it out, own your own," Quatre said quietly, trying to get Trowa to look at him. "If only I could make him understand," he thought to himself.

Trowa finally looked up into the blue depths of the angel's eyes. "What do you mean, Quatre? Why can't you love my soul? I don't understand any of this...Quatre, don't leave me again! Quatre!" he wailed through a tear-streaked face.

"See; I've gotten too close to your heart," he called back as he again disappeared into the white angelic light once again.

Trowa's hands out-reached, he tried to pull Quatre back, but it was too late; Quatre was gone, maybe forever.

He sat on his bed, trying to understand what Quatre was telling him; what was he missing? He thought all night, but came up with no answer.

With only about three hours of sleep the night before, Trowa slept most of the day, or tried. All he got in was an hour or two of napping, Duo's loud mouth wasn't helping any. And since he didn't eat much the day before, he ate what he could, due to lack of appetite and Duo had eaten most of the good food.

While Trowa was in the kitchen, scrounging up what food he could find, Duo came in, also looking for food. "Hey Tro. Um, listen, I know you probably don't want to talk about the subject, but...just so you know, we, um, buried Quatre in the rose garden, out past the last turn in the corner; his favorite spot, where the best roses are..." he said quietly, and got softer as he seen Trowa's eyes begin to yet again form tears.

As soon as Duo had said his share to him for the day, Trowa was out the back door and zigzagging through the labyrinth of the rose garden. He found the newly dug up earth, and knelt down next to it, lightly running his fingers on top of the dirt.

"Quatre..."

"Yes Trowa?" a voice came from behind him.

Trowa quickly turned to find the angel, still just as transparent, and dead, as the night before. "Quatre, why did you come back? Did you come to give me a hint, or anything to help me?" Trowa asked hopefully.

"No, I'm so sorry. I'm not allowed to help in any way, Trowa. Love is something everyone, at some point in his or her short lives, must learn to understand. And that includes you Trowa."

"But, I can't think of what it is...to me, I have everything, you just won't accept my soul."

"That's not true Trowa. I would love to have your soul to love, but I can't yet. And don't ask why; I'll just be repeating myself."

"I understand that Quatre, just not what love is yet."

"Everyone must learn, but in your case, you have to learn the hard way."

Trowa turned back to the dirt, staring at it through blurred, teary vision, "I know."

When he turned back to face Quatre again, the angel was gone. In his place, a perfect red, budding rose. And in the dirt, Quatre had written, "Don't give up, ever. You'll learn it one day soon."

To be continued...


Aren't you proud of me?! I finally finished it...but I don't know how many years it'll take me to write the 5th part... o.O'


On to part 4