Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Little Girl ❯ Little Girl ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Little Girl

By: Gundamneko

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or anything associated with it.

He fumbled with the keys to his apartment door. In one hand he held a bag of groceries, and under him arm an umbrella.

It was freezing outside and while an umbrella was useful, it didn't keep you completely dry and he needed to get out of his clothes and into the shower.

When he was out he made some stir-fry and then turned on the TV to the 6 o'clock news while he ate his meal.

Heero was tired of seeing nothing but negativity on the news. It seemed to be all that was reported. He never heard of anything good that happened anymore. There was always something bad or another happening. It's not like it would be any different tonight.

"And in other news a young girl was found murdered today at her house. Apparently her father had gotten drunk and shot her. The man has been taken into custody and…"

Heero turned it off. `That's one more bastard in jail.' he thought.

He got up and went over to his bookcase. Taking a book down he opened it up to find a flower he had received a few years ago. He remembered the little girls face, and how she was so kind to him even for that short time. He remembered her dog, Mary. He wished he had gotten her name.

He picked up the flat flower and rolled the stem in his fingers.

Suddenly he realized something. Bringing a hand up to him cheek he wiped away a tear. He was crying.

He walked over to the couch and laid down. No matter how hard he tried not to he just couldn't stop the tears from coming. All that he could think about right now was that little girl.

Soon he realized that it was useless. He grabbed a pillow, turned over, and cried until he fell asleep

He opened his eyes. He still felt the tears on his cheeks.

It was a moment before he realized he wasn't in his apartment any more, but in some park.

There were hills of lush green grass; plenty of open to room. And it was so peaceful there.

Then he knew exactly where he was. He was in the exact same place he was when he met that little girl.

He laid down in the grass reflecting on the memory.

He was brought out of it by the sound of giggling. It was the girl and her dog. Heero blinked not believing what he was seeing. She died from a terrible accident made on a mission of his a few years back. He still blamed himself for it.

She was coming toward him.

"Hello. Are you still lost?"

He was surprised to see that she remembered him.

He could think of nothing to say. Instead he felt more tears.

"Why are you crying? Is it because I'm dead?"

He broke down. "W-why? It wasn't s-supposed t-t-to happed like I-it did. I-it's all m-my fault." He said letting the tears fall. "You should still b-be alive."

"It's not your fault. You didn't do it on purpose. I forgive you." She said giving him a hug.

"What-what's your name?"

"My name? It's Becky."

"Thank you Becky. You were able to do something I was never able to do." He said looking at the flat flower still in his hand.

"What's that?" she asked.

"Forgive me."

She handed him another flower this one a like the first but red. "Well, I hope someday that you'll be able to." She said and ran off giggling with her dog.

Heero laid back down and drifted off to sleep.

He woke up on the couch, the feeling of the tears still there but the presence in his eyes gone.

He looked at his hand to see that in one hand he held the flower that was in his book, and in the other a new one just like the one in the dream.

"Thank you." He said. "Now I can forgive myself."