Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Gundam ❯ Saftely Sleeping ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her eyelids were heavy. The world seemed blurred as she lay completely still. Bright lights filled the room as she lifted her head. Am I dead? She wondered. The last thing she remembered was Heero screaming at her in her ear piece. Her tank top lay heavy on her new bandaged stomach as she tried to sit up. Her vision slowly cleared. A figure lay beside her. She smiled. Heero was fast asleep with his head on the side of the bed. He held her hand. She guessed she was in the infirmary of the station. But how. Her mind raced back to her cockpit. But she could only remember darkness.
 
The Gundam half crashed half landed in the hanger as Heero jumped out with Sarah in his arms. He didn't wait for the others. He ran with all his strength to the infirmary. Julie was typing records into the computer when Heero crashed through the doors landing on one of the beds. He barley breathed as he dragged Julie to the bed.
“Not…Breathing!” Heero stuttered before collapsing in exhaustion.
“AMBER!!! GET IN HERE NOW!!” Julie shouted as she grabbed the electric panels and wheeled them to Sarah's lifeless body. Amber crashed through the double doors.
“WHAT HAPPENED!?” Amber surveyed the room. Heero was slumped against a wall, half sleeping half crying. Julie was shocking Sarah while watching her vital signs. They didn't change. Amber rushed over lifting Heero onto a chair.
“Hang in there Heero.” She held him upright as the rest of the group crashed through the doors.
“STILL NO CHANGE!! HER HEART'S STOPPED!” Julie continued to shock Sarah as Duo ran over to Amber and Heero. He gestured her to help Julie as he kept Heero upright. Amber ran round to the opposite side of the bed. She watched the machine. There was no change.
“STILL NOTHING!” Amber screamed as she turned up the power.
“350 VOLTS! CLEAR!”
“STILL NOTHING!! 400 VOLTS! CLEAR!” Julie shouted.
“DON'T DIE ON US NOW SARAH DON'T YOU DARE DIE!” Amber shouted at Sarah who still didn't react.
“450 VOLTS! CLEAR….” The machine bleeped. A pulse. Julie grabbed the air bag as Amber grabbed bandages. She was alive.
 
Sarah shook her head as she climbed out of the bed. Duo walked in with a cup of tea in one hand and a bagel in another. Obviously meant for the sleeping Heero. Duo stopped in his tracks. Sarah smiled as she used one hand to keep her upright and the other to hold her stomach trying to stop the pain. But in vein.
“Your awake!” Duo said gob smacked. Stating the obvious, Sarah thought.
“Certainly looks that way.” Sarah said she removed her hand from her stomach. Bad idea she thought to late. She cowered over in pain. Duo placed the cup and bagel down on the table as he rushed over to keep her steady. He helped her back onto the bed.
“You should be more careful Captain.” He said smiling. “Or should I say, Colonel.” Duo grinned bigger then ever.
“Colonel! But…But…how?” Sarah sat stunned.
“The rebel's won. Thanks to you.” Duo said waking around the bed. “Because you called a retreat you saved hundreds of rebels and when they saw you floating off into space they went on a revenge sort of suicidal attack destroying what ever poor Earth Sphere Alliance Gundam that crossed their path.” He woke up Heero gently. Sarah smiled. Not only was she safe and alive. She had been promoted and the rebels won the battle. She lay back down. Exhausted, mentally and physically. She rested her eyes. Heero kissed her forehead as she drifted away into a safe sleep.