Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You Against My Will ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer - It's not mine. It never was. None of it. Not the song, or the characters, or anything. So, don't sue me. I'm just a poor college kid trying to have some fun. Later.

1. A/N- I hope you guys are enjoying this. Later.

Loving You Against My Will

- I don't wanna turn down your side streets -

- I don't wanna pull in your drive -

- Don't wanna see you standing there -

- Don't wanna see you standing there -

- Don't wanna see that look in your eyes -

- Girl, I'm loving you, loving you against my will -

- Your love is like a deep, dark river -

- Pulling me out to sea -

- The harder I try to resist you -

- The weaker I seem to be -

Heero pulled the communicator out of his pocket and checked to positions of the Preventors under his command. They were at a conference hall in the city, waiting for Relena to arrive. It was the day before Christmas Eve, and she was to make a speech and present a check to one of the city orphanages for Christmas, as well as give out a number of gifts to the children who were in the orphanage right afterward. Heero looked around and checked to see if there were any suspicious people lurking about. Wufei's voice suddenly filled his earpiece.

"We're out front, Preventor Wave." he said, referring to Heero's chosen name. "Awaiting your orders to proceed."

"Get her in here." he said quietly. "Everything is cleared." The line went dead, and Heero moved out to watch as Relena stepped out of the limo and onto the steps of the conference hall. He gasped when the woman stepped out of the limo, and into the public's eyes.

Even in a business suit, she looked every bit the Queen of the World that she once was. She really was a beautiful woman, and he wondered again why he had ever left her to be on her own. 'I can't love her!' he told himself sternly. 'She'll just be more of a target. That's why I left to begin with, to keep her safe!'

It was snowing lightly, a sure sign of winter, and she looked like some kind of fallen snow angel to him. 'Get your bearings in gear, Yuy!' he chastised himself. 'You're here to keep her safe, not stare at her! Do your job and keep her safe!' Relena smiled, but the happiness never reached her eyes. She waved at the people who cheered her on and walked up to the top of the stairs.

Heero was waiting there for her, but he knew she would not recognize him. He had a hat on, covering his hair, and a pair of colored contacts that changed the color of his blue eyes to an emerald green. He also had on a fake mustache that covered the majority of his face. He went to move beside her and escort her to the platform, but Relena caught his eyes and they locked with her own. A sudden wash of fear overcame him when a look of recognition came over her face. 'Please, turn away Relena.' he begged her silently. 'I'm not who you think. Just forget about me.' He watched as a look of surprise, then sadness covered her face before she plastered on her cheery smile and nodded to him. He breathed a collective sigh of relief and helped her up to the podium

He done nothing as the speech began, except stand near her. She went through the motions, thanking this person and that person, promising to do this and that. Whatever it took to keep the people happy and peaceful. Right when she was about to bring out the check to present to the orphanage, Heero caught some movement out of the corner of his eye. His guard went up automatically. He'd had a feeling that something was going to happen. The Vice Foreign Minister had been receiving threats for the past week about this speech. Some of them were rather lude and disturbing, but Heero had pushed them aside and doubled security as a preventive measure.

He glanced around one more time and frowned, barking some orders into his communicator. They were inside a closed space, and the rows of balcony seats were shrouded by thick drapes and curtains. He hissed out some orders for the Preventors who were supposed to be in that area, but never got a response. In the next second, a gun shot rang out. Heero tackled Relena to the ground, effectively taking the bullet in the shoulder for her as he heard the frightened screams of the officials in the hall. He made sure that her body was completely covered with his own before he reached for the communicator.

"Maxwell! Chang! Cole! Po!" he yelled into the communicator, "Whoever the Hell that was, get them now! Everyone else, seal off the exits from the top and bottom! I want that maniac caught this time!! He better be on the ground, or dead, when I get back here!!" He could feel Relena trembling underneath him, and he steeled himself for the flight to come. Heero pulled himself up off of Relena and jerked her up from the floor.

"Let's go, Relena." he said, ushering her out of the way. "You can't stay here." The blond girl looked at the Preventor who had knocked her down. His shoulder was covered in blood where the bullet had went in. But it wasn't the blood that had caught her attention. It was the man's voice. It was so familiar and comforting to her. He pulled her along the back of the stage and through a hidden door.

"You're hurt." she said frantically, trying to keep up with the running man. "You need to get that shoulder seen about." Heero snickered and shook his head, quickly leading her out the back of the building and into an alleyway.

"I've taken bullets for you before, Relena." he said, dodging the debris in the way, and loosing the cap he had on in the process. "This time is no different." Relena stopped dead in her tracks when she finally realized who was dragging her out of the building. It was like a bucket of cold water had been thrown on her. Her heart beat faster and she finally put all of the puzzle pieces together.

The large amounts of security.

The guards around the clock.

Stopping her dates with James Dowdry.

The knowing smirks on the Preventor's faces when they were around her.

Duo's slip of tongue the month before when he mentioned a new Security Head.

Milliardo making her promise to be careful every time she went somewhere.

Even Duo bringing her lunch everyday for the past month.

"Heero?" she asked, stopping their forward progress and refusing to move. "Heero Yuy?"

"Let's go, Relena." he said firmly. "We don't have time for this now." He tried to grab her wrist and drag her back towards the waiting limo, but she pulled away from him.

"What the Hell are you doing here??" she asked loudly. "How long have you been back?" She came forward and yanked the fake mustache off of his face, causing a read splotch to appear on his face. Heero rolled his eyes and he frowned at her. Yes, she deserved an explanation, but now was not the time for it.

Another shot was heard and he seen the spark as the bullet ricocheted off of a trash can very close to where Relena was standing.

"I don't have time to explain, Relena!" he yelled. "Now come on before you get killed!" He grabbed her hand and jerked her farther along the alley until they saw a limo waiting at the end. Heero pushed her towards Pagan, her ever faithful butler, and waited until she was inside the car before slamming it shut. "GET HER OUT OF HERE!!!!" he yelled at the driver. With a squeal of the tires, the limo sped off, and Heero spared only a millisecond to look at Relena's shocked and hurt face in the back of the limo before more shots were fired at him.

He took cover behind a trash can and returned the fire, hoping and praying that the girl got back to the mansion before something else happened to her.

A/N - Okay people. Now she knows that he's back. What's going to happen next? Is he going to disappear again, or will Relena be able to keep him around this time?

Leave me a review and tell me what you think. Later. A.A.