Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Magic ❯ Chapter 18

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Magic (Pending Title)

Chapter Beta-ed by: DkAdeena. Thanks chica.

Genre: Magic, Comedy, language, maybe some angst, romance, drama, cuteness, self insertion, violence, snobby people-bashing (Relena included), teacher-bashing, wow this list is long-ness…… !

Rating: Possible R-ness. I haven’t decided.

Summary: This is kind of like a Harry Potter crossover, but its not. The boys are attending a magical school full of wacky teachers and rooms.

Pairing: Odin x OC, eventual (takes forever) 1x2, 3x4, 5x6, 13xOC, SxOC, NxH I’ll think of more when the time arises.

A/N: School’s letting out for seniors soon…O.o I’m moving out….O.O….I’ll have to get my own computer and internet service…o.O the horror….not really. ^_^ I’ll manage.

Scarletty: Hiya!! Glad to hear from you again. *munches on cookie* Thank you for the review!!!

Rose Fury: Yes I'm happy I got to update too. It was driving me crazy!! Hi, Luci!!!! Thanks for the review!



Chapter 18

Heero flinched as a pained scream sounded not too far away from his ear. He turned slowly and was instantly assaulted by the sight of the girl, Mariemaria, toppling over from where she stood. His eyes widened in shock as he watched the lempira sink its teeth into the little girl’s flesh.

Mariemaria lay on the floor paling quickly from pain and blood loss.

“NO!!” Raven moved forward as fast as he could to kneel beside the fallen girl. How could this have happened? How could he have let this happen?!

“How do you get this thing off her?” Heero asked numbly. He moved to cradle the girl’s head in his lap ignoring the way the lempira’s tail lashed over his arm.

“I don’t….it’s not going to come off until its finish with that section of flesh.” Raven said in defeat. That would mean the flesh all the way to the bone would be gone by time the girl was freed from the animal.

“Bullshit.” The Japanese student growled. He moved around to the side the lempira was. He grabbed the side of the thrashing creature’s head right between the jawbones’ juncture. The lempira hissed angrily as pressure was applied to its mouth forcing it to opening wider. It hung on stubbornly until the left side of its mouth gave a small crack.

Heero shot back as the lempira tore away from the little girl’s arm. The lempira snaked through the air in a blur turning just before it collided with the ceiling. As soon as it was clear of the ceiling it made a b-line for the floor and the person just below it.

Raven glared up at the creature snatching another piece of paper from the air. He turned it quickly to be perpendicular to his face and chanted shortly. A blast of white flames sent the paper rigid glinting dangerously. He threw it. “Doblar!”

The paper folded in jerking movements forming a shiriken. It spun in a white blur until it finally met with the lempira’s mouth. It sliced cleanly through the creature embedding itself into the wall unstained because of the speed it had traveled. The trail of white behind it traveled from where Raven threw it, through the lempira and to the wall. It slowly faded leaving the lempira to continue its path downward. Seconds later, blood spewed in a straight line from the lempira’s. The crimson liquid showered over the three human’s just below it as it flew into two writhing halves.

Raven moved quickly scooping the two halves into the abandoned cage. The door was slammed shut noisily. Shaky hands took enough time to right the cage just as the lempira’s halves began to wriggle back to life. Within seconds, two fully healed lempira floated inside.

“Call a nurse.” The teacher called out to no one in particular.

It was a girl about five feet tall with chocolate brown hair about an inch past her shoulders. The brown locks fell in curls that framed her face. Wide brown eyes with flecks of caramel, hazel, and chocolate stared determinedly ahead as she made her way to the nurses.

“Is everyone else okay?” Heero asked looking around the classroom. His eyes stopped intently on Duo then Talim then Nita.

“I’m in one piece even though my chest feels kind of tight.” Duo said shrugging. He rubbed absently where the tightness was felt. Before he had felt like he couldn’t breathe at all.

“Same here.” Talim said still lying on his back and staring at the ceiling. His wide eye flickered to the paper ninja star sticking from the plaster.

“I think I sprained my ankle.” Nita grumbled. Indeed the limb was fevered and three times its normal size. Still, she grudgingly pulled herself to her feet. She stumbled momentarily before finally gaining on balance.

“Okay, people, move out of the way, move out of the way.” All eyes looked towards the stern bossy voice coming towards the class. Student after student was moved roughly out of the voice’s owner’s way until a woman no taller than four feet came through the threshold. She was a hobgoblin–large eyes and nose, stubby fingers, a single wart on her chin, and a permanent sour expression. Her hair was a stringy bright yellow mop on top of her head putting most blondes to shame. Her large eyes were lined with heavy mascara making the clear blue of the irises that much more brilliant. In hobgoblin terms, she was beautiful.

She was dressed in a simple white nurse’s gown with a matching hat. The garment covered everything from neck to wrists to ankles. The only flesh showing was her portly hands.

“What a mess.” She said turning up her bright pink lips. Her blues went over all the damage to the classroom before falling on the fallen girl. “Oh deary, let Hannah take care of that.” She said snapping her fingers. Instantly several bright balls of lights appeared from midair. They gathered around the injured student completely outlining her body.

Raven and Heero watched as the girl began to float off the floor. Their eyes followed as the girl was taken out of the room by the lights.

“Okay,” Hannah moved to Raven then to Heero quickly. She flitted expertly through the toppled chairs standing over Talim. “Are you alright?”

“Chest’s tight but that’s it.” Talim said shrugging. Gracefully he sat up coming eye to eye with the blonde nurse. Hannah raised her hand over his chest and closed her hand. The stubby limb began glow softly.

“Hmm….you’ll have to come with me.” She said gravely. She then turned to Duo. “You too.”
Duo could only blink in confusion. He felt fine, really. “…uh…okay.”

The nurse then turned to the young girl that had summoned her. The girl in question was dressed in a pair of jeans, combat boots, and a spaghetti strap top under a fitted hoody. The outfit as whole ranged from black to charcoal in color.

“You, what’s your name?”

“Umm…Amber?” The girl said slowly eyes flitting nervously.

“Do you have a nickname, deary?”
”Scarletty….”

“Okay, Scarletty, could you help the young lady with the hazel eyes to my office.”

Amber nodded and moved to Nita’s side. “Hi, my name is Scarletty.” She said shyly.

“Hiya!” Nita greeted. “Nice gloves.” She said staring at the other girl’s black laced fingerless gloves.

“Thank you.” Scarletty perked. “So…do you need help?”

Nita grinned suddenly leaning towards the girl conspiringly. “Between you and me, I’m going to walk on my own.”

Scarletty blinked then looked down at the girl’s ankle. She winced sympathetically. “You sure?” She asked.

“Of course.” Nita said stubbornly. She threw an arm over the girl’s shoulder and winked. “You’re so nice helping me out.” She said loud enough for the nurse to hear.

“Uh…you’re welcome.”
The two new acquaintances left the room together and headed obediently towards the infirmary with Hannah close behind.

Once the girls were gone, Raven stood numbly. How was he going to tell Trieze that he let his daughter get hurt? Mariemaria was Trieze’s only child; surely the tawny haired man would be highly upset with him. In fact, there was no doubt in his mind that he would. Not that he could blame him. It was his fault.



TBC……

A/N: And so the plot thickens. What’s the shadow doing? What has it done? O.O do I look like I’m going to tell you? Review!!