Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mars Children: The Great Confusion ❯ Enemy? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mars Children
Part two: The Great confusion
Chapter two: Enemy?
Author: Supurrkitty





" WHAT!?"
" I said 'you-are-not-coming-with-us' simple enough." Duo said, as he typed away at his computer in his upgraded Gundam.
" You can't do this to me!" Haruki said, giving a slight stomp with her foot against the medal walk-way, making an echo through the large hangar.
" Haruki, how could we bring you? You don't even have a Gundam." Duo said, letting out a small chuckle but not wanting to piss her off any more.
" I could make one. It would be better than yours and only take a few weeks to make."
" What?" Duo looked at her, cock-eyed. " You have no idea what you're talking about." Duo laughed aloud.
Haruki glared at him, halfway hurt.
" What do you think I've done since I came to Earth, not accepted by most people here, huh? I know the ins and outs of just about everything there is to know about science, math, biology, philosophy, languages, and so forth, that there is to know about Earth. I'm especially good with the elements. I could make an indestructible mixture for shields, killer engines, and weapons that could slice through many tons of metal in one swing. Give me a month and access to materials. I will build it and show you just how much I know what I'm talking about. And DAMN- this has been buggin' the hell out of me!...here..."
Haruki jumped into the cockpit, bent over Duo's shoulder and started to type on his computer.
" You're scythe swing is not one-hundred percent accurate. It swerves to the right, but this will fix it. I know you don't think you'll need it but, if you did, this could save your life." Haruki jumped out and walked to the ladder. " I'm going to go talk to Hilde."
Duo watched her walk away, surprised at what he had then witnessed.
" Why does she always do that?" Duo sighed then thought deeper about what she said, " Oh God, I've unleashed a monster on a mission to build a tool of destruction! I wonder if she really knows all that?"

Haruki grumbled as she walked down the hallway.
" I'll show him! I may not be a Gundam pilot, but I know how to BUILD one. The best they've seen yet..."
She saw Umeko walking to the hangar and turned her frown to a smile.
" Good morning!" She said and continued down the way.
Then she walked around the corner, but quickly ran back behind it and peeked out. There, Akira was helping Quatre work on his Gundam. Haruki snickered to herself.
" I guess they don't need much help along." Haruki said and snickered some more.
She watched on as Akira had Quatre hold some wires out of the way while she screwed a bolt in. They were very close friends already, but Haruki couldn't help but to look at the mushy romantic side of it all.
" I shouldn't, but I just can't resist!" Haruki whispered to herself and stood up straight, trying to appear normal. She waltzed over to the Gundam.
" Hey guys, what's up?" Haruki asked.
They both lifted their heads at the same time, causing collision.
" Oww, I'm sorry Quatre!" Akira said, rubbing her head.
" No, it was completely my fault." Quatre said
" Don't be ridiculous, owwies."
" Are you okay, Akira?" Quatre said and moved her hand away to look at the bruise " We should put some ice on it."
" Oh it's just a bruise, get them all the time." Akira said " Are you allright?"
" Yes, I'm fine. I still think we should fix up your bruise." Quatre said, examining her head by rubbing it with his thumb. By this time, they both turned a bit red.
" I'm fine, Quatre." Akira smiled at him, reassuringly. She looked down and noticed that he still had her hand. She slipped her hand out, slowly.
" We should get back to work." She said. Quatre blushed deeper, noticing that her hand was just now taken from his and he had been holding it.
" Where's Haruki?"

Haruki was long gone by then and smiling, proud of herself. She walked out of the hangar and tried to adjust her site to the natural sunlight. But there was another source of light, well, reflection, as she looked at the morning sky. It swooped up once then gently glided toward the ground, then it was out of sight beneath the trees so far away.
Haruki shrugged, it must have been her eyes messing with her from being in the dark for so long. Come to think of it, it was almost Sakura's feeding time.
" Damn!" Haruki said after she looked at her watch. " I never get free time to build weapons of destruction!"
She gave up her search and went inside.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

" The time to attack is near! By tonight, the entire world will be running in circles, wondering what to do about their new 'enemy'. And while they send the only weapons they have left into space, we will overthrow the leaders and show the world just what they've created!" Alex yelled out to the large crowd of clones that had gathered in the main hall to hear their new leader speak.
Alex had gone out to speak for Ice. He stayed in the lab monitoring the progress of the ships sent for Earth at full speed that morning. They would be at Earth that afternoon. Ice still didn't agree that putting the guards in the prison cells of those ships was a good idea, but the majority of the clones voted for it. And it's usually quantity over quality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Haruki held Sakura in her arms as turned on the T.V. to watch the afternoon news. The little redhead started to grab at her mothers nose as she sat down.
" Sakura..." Haruki sighed as she pulled her daughters hand away and smiled at her. The little girl giggled.
An announcement interrupted the regular news program.
" Attention Earth-dwellers! A fleet of ships has just been spotted outside of L3. They are not responding to any hails and appear to be heading for Earth. One ship was destroyed with two passenger deaths as preventer officers tried to stand in it's way. No one knows where these ships came from or who is in them. We are asking all those still holding fighting mecha to report to the nearest preventer base. You will not be arrested or punished. These weapons are needed to keep these intruders from entering the atmosphere. We only pray that they mean no harm. Please stay tuned as we receive more details."
Haruki ran out of the house and shoved open the heavy hangar door.
" GUYS! HURRY, IT'S AN EMERGENCY!!" She yelled, startling everyone.
They all ran to where Haruki stood, holding the little girl.
" What the hell is going on!?" Wufei demanded.
" Are you allright, Haruki!?" Duo said, catching his breath as he came to a halt by her side.
" I'm fine, but there's a threat to Earth!" She shrieked
" What do you mean?" Akira asked.
" There's a fleet of ships heading to Earth right now! They already destroyed a preventer ship and haven't stopped after all the hails!" Haruki gasped in some air.
" Where are they now?" Heero asked
" They were last seen at L3." Haruki said.
" We have to leave now." Trowa said.
" Guys, I can't go. My Gundam isn't ready yet, I'm having problems with the cannon. I can't fight without that cannon."
" It's alright, I'll stay here with her, you guys go ahead. I'll talk to Relena, too, you better get going." Haruki said

They got in their suits and prepared to launch.
" Ready?" Trowa opened the channel.
" Just like old times, hey guys?" Duo asked.
" I can't wait to hear what they say when they realize they had six Gundams among them." Wufei smirked.
" Let's move out." Heero said.
They launched, one after another, until the last one, Heavyarms, took off. Hilde, Akira, Umeko and Haruki watched them take off.
" This is terrible!" Hilde said
" You're telling me! That's my husband up there risking his life for a bunch of Earthlings!"
" You say that as if you're better or not an Earthling yourself." Umeko raised an eyebrow.
Haruki looked at her and swallowed. Then, she looked at Akira.
" We should hurry and get your Gundam ready. Will you watch Sakura?" Haruki said, handing her to Umeko.
" Uh, sure." Umeko looked at the little slobbery baby and gave a smirk.
" Umm, you weren't expecting any visitors today, were you?" Hilde asked
" Only Relena." Haruki said.
" Relena didn't start walking on foot, did she?" Hilde asked.
Haruki turned around and looked at Hilde like she was crazy. Hilde pointed to down the drive, where a lone figure walked towards them.
Akira walked down to the figure and began to make out the few features that weren't covered in the cloak. It was very short. She figured it was a kid or a midget.
(Okay, okay, I know she has a strange mind!)
She stopped just a foot before the child.
" May I help you?" Akira asked, trying to look at it's face. It took off the hood of the cloak, revealing dark green hair that really needed to be washed. She had scratches that needed to be tended to on her face, which was also dirty.
The girl looked up at her, weakly, with deep blue eyes. Then, with a small cough, she collapsed on the dirt ground.
Akira knelt down quickly a grabbed the girl up in her arms. She took off her bag and flung it over her shoulder. Hilde and Haruki ran over. Hilde took the bag and fallowed Akira into the house.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was dark, that's all she saw. Then, she started to hear voices.
" Where did she come from?"
" Well, we'll just have to wait and ask her."
She started to open her eyes and saw light. She moved in her spot and felt some weight on her self. She felt that she was being restrained. Maybe they finally caught her. Had she come to the wrong place, who was the woman she saw before she collapsed?
She struggled to get out and opened her eyes as she shot up. After a bit, she calmed down and looked around her, two women were on one side of her bed, none looked like the one from before. The restraint was nothing more than a large blanket. Still, she had no idea who those girls were.
" What's your name, kid?" One asked her.
She jumped off and onto the floor on the opposite side of the bed.
" Stay away!" She said and reached for her knife, but found that her old clothes were gone and she was wearing a big, white night gown.
" It's okay, we'll help you. I'm Hilde and this is..."
" ...Umeko, what's your name little girl?"
" Where's the other girl? The one who helped me " She said, standing in a ready position.
" Akira, she's working on her Gundam." Umeko said
" Shhh, you're not supposed to tell her about that!" Hilde whispered harshly
" She's a Gundam pilot, so I am in the right place." She said and stood up straight.
" Who are you? How do you know about the Gundams?" Hilde asked
" Hey, be nice, she's just a kid. What's your name sweety?" Umeko asked
" I assure you, I am more than 'just a kid'. I do not have a name, but if you must call me something, call me Jade."
( So the beat goes on. You heard that last part from somewhere else?)
" Where's my stuff?" Jade asked " I must talk to the Gundam pilots"
" Your stuff is here, but Akira is the only one here still. The other pilots left after they heard about the fleet of ships in space."
Jade was going through her stuff.
" It stared allready!? And they're not here!? Crap!" Jade said and ran out to the hangar. Umeko and Hilde trailed after her.
" Wait, you can't go in there!" Hilde said.
" Just trust me!" Jade said, running through the hangar to the only Gundam left.
She jumped to the cockpit and Akira looked at her strangely, recognizing her from earlier. Haruki was on the arm of the Gundam, fixing the cannon.
" Are you better?" Akira asked the little girl. " What are you doing in here?"
" You cannot leave yet. I have some important information for you!" Jade said
" Huh? What?" Akira stopped what she was doing.
" Call them, tell them to come back!" Jade screeched
" Sorry. They're already in space, they're too far out of range." Akira said, still confused
" Then... there's nothing we can do about it..." Jade pouted a little.
" I'm still a bit confused, could you explain."
" It's just a lure to keep all remaining weapons away." Jade sighed " They're gonna lure them even further out so the colonies can't warn them either. There's no way to warn them in time."
Jade rubbed her head.
" Whoa, whoa, back up a bit. This is serious stuff. Who are you? And who has enough human power nowadays to start a war?" Hilde pushed into the conversation.
" Well, that's easy." Akira said and they all looked at her. " Cloning, the major powers of the cloning business. Think about it: As many people as they can make, as many materials as they can mine. The set-up was pretty damn sweet. They never finished the colony to save material, but, they made it look like an attack. Thus, establishing the criteria for the danger of the new "enemy". But, how did you know about this?"
" I am a clone from mars. I fought through the guards and stole a ship..." Jade started to explain.
"So it was you who we were searching for!" Hilde let out.
" Yes, that was I. I stole some of the most important materials, too. The clones don't know how to work with it, because it's too complicated to break down and then build once more. But, scanning through the computers at Mars, I believe there is someone here who can." Jade looked around, then sweat-dropped " Where is she?"
Then, Haruki jumped down from the shoulder of the Gundam and landed right next to Jade.
" Oh, it's her." Jade said and pointed to Haruki.
" What!? Me!?" Haruki jumped back
" But, how can it be her!?" Akira asked
" Why not?" Jade, Umeko, and Hilde said in Unison.
Haruki and Akira looked at each other, then at the other three girls.
" ...um...was I really on record...?" Haruki asked.
" Yeah, wasn't hard to find. You were first on the list of humans to clone." Jade said.
" Clone!? I would never agree to that!" Haruki said
" Who says you'd have to. If you refused, they'd take you and you would be owned by them." Jade said
" But, why her?" Hilde asked.
" Isn't she well known here on Earth?" Jade asked.
" No. Why would she be?" Umeko asked
" Well, being the only human that has the ability to open special portals, convert energy as a living weapon, go through walls, fly, transport, absorb info in seconds, and be the strongest being known, would give her the ability to destroy or rule everything, if she wanted. That is, her and her daughter, Sakura." Jade said
" They know my Daughter, too?" Haruki asked and Jade shook her head.
" Surely if that were true, the whole world would know by now." Hilde said and looked at Haruki " Is this true?"
Haruki nodded her head. " Duo and I didn't want to cause a scene, so we've done the best we could to keep it quite. The boys and Akira are the only others who knew. I'm from far away from here, where these powers were a gift granted to me through my family. And, believe me, my family was never left alone once others found out. Soon, this gift became a burden, so I came here to try and get away for a while, and I ended up staying here with Duo until a war broke out at my home. I had to use a portal to get there. Using some of the knowledge I had gained from Earth, we built better weapons and won the war. I returned here to stay with Duo. The portals were accessed a few more times after that, but since then, there has been a block that requires someone on the other end to fix. Without the portal, it takes years to get there. Long-story short, we really didn't want the attention. Besides, knowing how you humans are, you would've just dissected me or something anyways." Haruki grunted. " But..." Haruki thought, becoming all the more horrified. " ...they had to have been spying on us to know that, huh?"
" All I know is that your information was in the computer." Jade said
Haruki covered her mouth in thought, looking frustrated.
Umeko and Hilde stood in their places, looking dazed and confused.
" As you have just figured out, Haruki has never been a normal person, aside from her strange personality." Akira laughed, trying to get to Haruki, but she was too deep in thought to even notice.
" So, you're an alien?" Umeko asked
" Please, don't call me that." Haruki asked, still thinking.
" But you look so normal!" Hilde exclaimed.
" Well, our body is the exact same except for these damn ears." Haruki pointed to her ears,and then continued her great thinking experience. " Enough of this now. Akira."
" Yes?" Akira looked at Haruki.
" First, we have to get your Gundam's cannon fixed, we'll keep you and your Gundam on the ground until we get the first sign of the Clones' ships. We'll position you at the capitol. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out this new metal, and you'll have some nice new devices. Till then, I have to make a bitch load of trips to Mobile graveyards to get parts of broken up mobile dolls. I can do that during the day, and figure out the metal during the night. I don't need much sleep, that's a plus." Haruki paced as she spoke. " I'm just pissed that they were spying on me. I can't believe they're using clones as weapons, too!"
" You're pissed? I would have had to have been one, too..." Jade cracked her knuckles. " I can help here with Akira, you go ahead and start."
" Right." Haruki said. " Hilde, you can help them, too. Umeko, please watch Sakura for me."
" Babysitter again..." Umeko pouted.
" Well, I'm gonna take one of the trucks and go to the junkyard about 50 miles from her. I'll leave early tomorrow to go to that other place way off, then I'll start having to go around the world and to the colonies, so... where's Sakura!?" Haruki looked around.
Hilde and Umeko looked at each other.
" Oh... monkeys..." Haruki shook her head " The destruction she can cause at such an age is unbelievable. I better take her with me."
Umeko pouted some more at having no job.
" Well, I'm off then." Haruki waved bye and went to get Sakura and leave.
Akira blinked, everything had been said in a matter of minutes, what an overload.
" Well, my name's Akira, what's yours?" Akira held her hand out to the little girl and smiled.
Jade looked at her confused, she had never been treated like a human, much less, a grown human. She shook Akira's hand.
" My name's Jade." Jade smiled back " Let's get to work then."
They started the preparations of Aurora.


Meanwhile, in space...

The boys chased the ships down, but they seemed to be moving away constantly. The closer they got the further the ships would move.
" Hey," Duo sent out to the others " Is it just me or are they running from us?"
" Hmm. There's so many of them, we could never take them out ourselves, even with all these dolls. They can't be afraid." Trowa said.
" Hn." Heero thought to himself ' That is strange, indeed. Can it be a trap? Where are these guys coming from, anyway?'
" Are we sure this is entirely safe?" Quatre asked " We don't have enough weapons to do much work on them."
" Yes, but we must do what we can." Wufei said
" But that means taking more casualties than expected, then what?" Trowa asked
" Well, nothing is for certain until we can actually get them." Duo said, looking down at his radar, then out at the stars. " Haruki would never forgive the sky..."
" Did you say something, Duo?" Trowa asked.
"...No, nothing..." Duo replied
" ..." Quatre looked out at the stars, too.


Haruki looked over the steering wheel and up at the sky.
" Well, it looks like rain for us today, how does that sound, Sakura?" Haruki looked at the little toddler, who just smiled back.
" That's what I thought. Haruki put her eyes back on the road and continued driving the gigantic truck down the road, till she came up to a secluded junkyard and pulled to the side of the road. She opened the door and stuck her head out, the place was surrounded by a big wall and a gate that was locked. Haruki groaned and jumped out, closing the door behind her. She motioned to Sakura, who was playing with some napkins (strange baby), to stay. She walked up to the wall and looked around, cars kept coming, so, she'd have to do it the hard way. She jumped up as high as she can, but was too short to make it. So, she found a crack in the wall. She stuck her foot in it and hoisted herself up, she grabbed the top of the wall and pulled herself up. She got her arms over it and rested her chin on the top.
" This is what powers are for..." Haruki sighed, then looked around. The place was full of old doll parts, she could even recognize some Gundam parts. In midst of these parts, Haruki noticed movement. Ahead emerged from a pile of metal. She could make the person out. He was tall and had blue hair, he was too far to make out eye color, but he looked like just a boy.
" Hey!" Haruki called out, the boy looked around. " Over here!"
Haruki slipped, but caught herself. When she looked back over, the boy was at the wall.
" Woah! How did you get here so fast?" Haruki asked.
" My feet." The boy said.
Haruki looked down at him. He had blue eyes and looked about ten years old.
" Oh. Well can you let me in?" Haruki asked.
" Why?"
" Huh?"
" Why do you want in?"
" I need parts." Haruki said, a little confused at this boy.
The boy smiled " Well, I knew that. What kind of parts?"
" Umm. Strong metals from mobile suits." Haruki said.
" Why would you need those?" The boy asked.
" Umm, we need to build more suits to save the earth. Do you have Gundanium and Titanium, or others at about the same strength?" Haruki asked.
" Are you gonna send them to those ships out by the colonies?" The boy asked.
" No, we're gonna keep them her to protect the Earth from the clone army." Haruki said, kind of quietly.
" What!?" The boy jumped a bit.
" Uggh... Where are your parents?" Haruki asked, kind of annoyed now.
The boy just laughed. " Alright, you can come in."
" Hold on a second, let me get my daughter." Haruki jumped down on her side of the wall and ran to the truck. She took Sakura out of her seat and walked over to the gate as the boy opened it.
" So, what models do you have parts of?" Haruki asked
" Straight from the last war." The boy said.
" Excellent!" Haruki said, happily. " What kind of condition?"
" Well, actually, if you tell me what this is all about, I'll show you something amazing." The boy said.
" That reminds me, where are your parents?" Haruki cocked an eye-brow.
" Oh... I don't have any parents." The boy said.
" So, you run this place yourself?" Haruki asked and the boy nodded, Haruki shrugged " Well, weirder things have happened... If you really would like to know, the ships are decoys to lead the weapons away and destroy them, while the clones take over the world."
" Oh, that will take a lot of power. Much more than what was sent to space." The boy scratched his head.
" That's exactly why I'm here, to collect parts to make suits." Haruki said
" You could never make enough in time." The boy said.
" I know..." Haruki hung her head. " But I have to try my damnedest!"
" I understand... fallow me..." The boy led her to a really old hangar, he shoved the rusty doors open and walked in.
Haruki fallowed him inside and he flipped on the lights. The place was huge and in it was, as Haruki could count ten suits.
" What the hell...?" Haruki gawked at the scene.
" These are my suits, made of parts from Gundams and some other suits, I even have parts from the older models of Tallgeese." The boy said and walked her through the hangar. " I also have a couple of hangars ready for other suits."
" How in god's name did you get all of this!?" Haruki asked, still gawking.
" He, I have my ways. I'm pretty sneaky!" The boy winked and pointed to his head. " Ya just gotta have the head strength."
" Why didn't you send them into space?" Haruki asked him.
" Oh, they're not quite finished, yet, I'm having trouble with the programs." The boy said and held his head down. " I'm a little faulty at that..."
" That's part of my expertise. I also have some other people, a hacker, a Gundam pilot, a clone, and... well, someone to do handy work..." Haruki thought of Umeko and shook her head.
" A...a Gundam pilot!? I thought all the Gundams were gone!" The boy exclaimed.
" Oh, well, their not. But five of them went to space, we're lucky Akira was having problems with her beam cannon or we wouldn't have any Gundams here." Haruki said
" There's a sixth Gundam pilot!? How did he get to be one!?" The boy asked.
" Oh, Akira's a girl. And she's super intelligent and strong so the boys trained her. We found her at a shrine in Japan." Haruki said, simply, while looking at the suits.
'It would take weeks to move all of this stuff to our hangar and he has more room, why don't we just move Aurora over here? Good idea, Haruki!' She thought to herself.
" No way, I thought they were all gone!" The boy said.
" Say, would mind too terribly if we brought her Gundam, Aurora over here. And continue the work over here. We'll work on these suits and make new ones."
" If it's to save the world, sure" The boy said.
" Great, well, I should probably get going, I'll bring Aurora tomorrow, okay?" Haruki asked
" That'd be great." The boy said.
He led her to the front and out the gate.
" Well, see ya tomorrow. Oh yeah, my name's Haruki, what's yours?" Haruki turned around and smiled.
" Huh? Oh, my name...is...Jack..."
" Oh, well, bye Jack!" Haruki waved and put Sakura in her seat and jumped in the driver's side.
Jack watched as she left.
" A Gundam, huh?" He smirked to himself, and then felt a drop of moisture on his shoulder. He looked up at the sky.
" Rain?" Jack felt as the drops landed in his hand " So that's what that feels like...."




Author's notes: Wow! A lot happened in this chapter, but, man, what a day! With this new clone, will Akira find out who she really is? Just a little too late on that info, Jade. Can Haruki do what Jade says she can do? Can they really build that many suits in such a little amount of time? Will this new guy, Gold, really help them enough? Why does he have no parents? Yeah, I know the answers, but the only way for you to find out is to read on or wait for the next chapter.
P.S.~ Sorry, I haven't posted a chapter in a loooong time!

~Supurrkitty >^-~<