Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mars Children: The Warriors ❯ Mysterious souls ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mars Children
Part one: The warriors
Chapter two
Mysterious souls
Author: Supurrkitty

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters other than Haruki, Sakura, and Akira.


At the Mars base in a laboratory on the highest story:
The mastermind behind the whole " RedDust" project, was busy with a clone that was no longer needed. The only people who ever saw him after the project started were the clones that he would soon after dispose of.
Professor Sheiling lifted the pointed needle up to the young clone's face, Showing her the contents. The clone was one of his "failures" that didn't respond well to the materials that the clones were supposed to be resistant to. The clone was strapped down like she was on death row.
" This will stun your muscles and nerves, so you can't move. You will die like so many others, in time." The professor said, showing her the room filled with the dead bodies. Some were dissected and were laid out ready to be. One was still dying. They could hear moans coming from the limp body. The girl glared at the professor as he put the needle to her upper arm. He injected the chemical and stepped away from the struggling clone.
" Anything else before your muscles go into a full spasm?" The professor asked.
" Yeah! I hope one day you'll learn not to take us so lightly. We are made to be superior to you ruthless souls called people! Just like he said, one day we will rein over all and show you just what you created!" The girl shrieked.
" Who told you that?!" The professor demanded
" You're already slowly killing me. Like I'd tell you!" the clone protested.
" Never mind. I shall find this clone and destroy him for putting such plans into the clones' heads. Where would he get such ideas of independence?" The professor wondered.
He headed out of the room as the girls muscles started to twitch all over.
" Yeah, they'll show him that we too have souls." She whispered to herself. Then a huge surge of pain shot threw her body and she screamed aloud.
In the hall Professor Sheiling was walking down he could hear the scream. A smirk spread across his face. Suddenly, his radio on his head beeped. He pressed the button to turn it on.
" Yes?" The professor asked, impatient.
" Sorry sir, but we have a situation. You'll have to come see it. It's seen from the second floor in sector B." The man said
" I'll be right there." Responded the professor.
At the sight, the professor leaned on the railing to see down below. There, clones were gathered around one clone, which was preaching to them about freedom and even earth. The clone's had never been told about Earth and the reasons were clear. The other clones were awed with amazement as the clone spoke. Then the clone looked up from the others and his ice blue eyes met with the professor's green eyes. The professor stood expressionless as the clone glared at him. The clone knew who he was.
" Which one is that?" The professor asked, not taking his eyes off the clone.
" He's number 0013367, sir," The soldier answered
" Send him to my lab tomorrow " Professor Sheiling, said heading back to his domain.
" Yes sir " The soldier saluted.




Back at the winner mansion:
Everyone was eating breakfast when a knock came at the door. Everyone sat and waited for somebody to get it until Quatre caved in and got up.
" All right, I'll get it" He said going out of the room.
He came back in about a minute later, holding a letter.
" It's for you, Akira" He said, handing it to her.
" Thank you" She said, taking it.
She read it, still holding her spoon full of frosted flakes. Her eyes scrolled threw it. Then, having read half of it, she dropped her spoon in her bowl. Everyone turned their heads to her. She read the rest, then sat up.
" Please excuse me." She said, going out of the room with the letter. She was soon gone.
" Dang! She took the letter!" Duo said " I bet it's from one of her ex-dates that she sent a virus to. Probably gonna sue her ass off!" Duo started. Everyone just sighed as Duo contemplated the situation. He kept going until Wufei got tired of him and hit Duo with a large piece of wood.
Haruki leaned forward and thwapped Wufei across the head but soon after, thanked him.
No one saw Akira for about an Hour, until Heero went to the training hall for his morning practice. As he opened the door, he could hear fighting noises. As he neared them, he could see Akira in a tight tank top, camouflage pants, gloves, and combat boots. She was beating the hell out of a punching bag as well as anything else around. Heero closed in further on Akira. With one last kick, Akira knocked the punching bag down, making Heero jump. She sighed and calmed down. Akira took off her gloves and threw them to the ground. She stood there as Heero came right behind her. He prepared to kick her, but before his foot could come in contact with her side, she spun around and grabbed his leg. She twisted it around with his whole body, making him land flat on his face.
" I knew it was you! What are you doing?! I'm not your enemy!" Akira yelled at him
Heero lifted himself halfway from the ground and turned his head.
" Anyone who can fight better than me is an obstacle." He said
" That's stupid!" She said, turning around.
That was a bad idea, thought Heero. He spun around on the ground, attempting to trip Akira, but she jumped up, doing a side flip, landing on her hands and flipping herself back to her feet.
" You're un-human." Heero snorted
" I wonder about that sometimes" She said
Akira got into fighting position and waved the gundam pilot on.
" Come on, you really want to go at it or do you want to keep trying to catch me off guard?" She egged him.
" Well, I can't refuse a challenge..." He said, getting into fighting position.
" What's your style, Yuy?" Akira asked
" Anything." Heero responded
" Fine by me."
So they started. Heero made the first move as he charged her with a kick. She jumped , avoiding it and lashed back with a punch. Heero grabbed her arm. Akira took his arm and threw him over her shoulder, making him hit the ground, hard, on his back. He quickly rustled up so Akira couldn't take the advantage. She appeared to be going in for a trip. Instead, she went around him and gave him a big kick in the ass. He stumbled, but gained balance. He turned around, stunned at the last move and stared at Akira. A huge smile spread across her face.
" Did I hurt your pride, perfect soldier?" Akira joked
Heero walked up to her and put out his hand as if to help her up. Akira took his hand and Heero lifted her up. But then he threw her over his shoulder, making her land on her back. He turned around and smirked at her (surprise, surprise!!!). He put out both his hands to help her up, but Akira just glared at him.
" I'm serious this time. I don't have anything up my sleeves" Heero assured her.
" Sorry to burst your bubble, Heero. But you're wearing a sleeveless shirt" She said, smiling
She reached with both her arms and took both of Heero's hands. Instead of him pulling her up, she pulled him down and flipped him over with her legs. He landed, on his back, just above Akira. He turned his head to Akira.
" That wasn't very nice." He said
Akira just smiled at him. They both started to get up.
" So, what was up with that letter" Heero asked her
Akira sighed as she picked up her gloves and put them on.
" My big sister is coming to stay with me. My mother must have told her where I was" She said, victimizing another punching bag.
" I thought you hadn't seen her since you were twelve though. Wouldn't you be happy to meet her again?" Heero asked
Akira stopped punching and turned around.
" You were listening to Mine and Quatre's conversation, weren't you?" Akira eyed him.
" Free country" Heero replied
Akira sighed, smiling and leaned against the punching bag with her hand on top of it. After a while of silence, Akira spoke up.
" Shall we call it a draw?" She asked
" Let's call it a " I'll see you after dinner to finish this"." Heero challenged.
" Sounds good to me" Akira said, continuing to kill the punching bag.
" So, really. Why aren't you looking forward to your sister coming?" Heero asked
" She's a lawyer." Akira said beating the bag even harder.


Later when Akira came out of the training hall, she was greeted by Sakura. She crawled up to Akira's feet and Stretched her arms up to be held. Akira picked her up and Sakura sniffed the air. She held her nose and pointed at Akira.
" Tinky! Tinky!!!" She yelled
What an intelligent baby, Akira thought, as she stared at her.
" Well, you don't smell too good yourself. At least I have an excuse, I've been working out." Akira said.
Sakura pointed to herself
" Yes. You tinky!" Akira said
Sakura still pointed to herself but glared at Akira.
" No tinky!" Sakura shouted then pointed to Akira " Tinky!"
Akira laughed at her as Haruki walked in.
" There you two are, I've been looking for both of you" Haruki said and walked up to them.
" Sakura needs a bath" She said
" Nooooooooo! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooooooo!" Sakura shrieked as Haruki took her.
" No, you're only supposed to say that when Daddy wants to give you a bath." Haruki said in a baby voice.
Haruki sniffed the air around Akira.
" You could probably use a bath, too." Haruki suggested and walked off with Sakura, shrieking in her arms.
Akira decided those two were probably right and went to take a bath.
When she came back out she was dressed in jeans and a short-sleeved, white shirt. She went to Quatre to talk to him about her sister staying in his mansion.
" Sure, she can stay. I bet she's nice." Quatre agreed.
Akira just laughed nervously and went out of the room to prepare. Her sister was supposed to be there later in the day.

After dark, Trowa agreed to cook( I guess he cooks). He was baking a casserole in the oven when a beautiful red motorcycle pulled up in front of the house. The outside light was on so they could see it. They all went out to see who was there. The motor stopped and a tall and slanky girl hopped off. She took off her helmet , keeping her eyes closed so she wouldn't scratch them. She shook her head, revealing shoulder length dark blue hair. Then she blinked her yellow eyes open and was surprised by the amount of people there to greet her.
" He-llo!" She said, Lemon colored eyes wide open.
Akira made her way to her sister.
" H-hello, sis!" Akira stuttered to her sister.
The girl looked at Akira and lit up.
" Hey sis! What's up!" She said, hugging her tightly.
" Um, yeah." Akira said, being smothered by her much taller sister.
" Why don't you introduce me to your friends here?" The girl said, letting Akira go.
" Okay" She started pointing everyone out. " This is Heero, and Duo, and his wife, Haruki, and Quatre, and Trowa, and Wufei. Oh yeah and that's Sakura, Duo and Haruki's Daughter. Everyone, this is my sister, Umeko." Akira introduced
" Nice to meet you" Quatre said, joyfully.
" Hello. It'll be a pleasure having you stay with us." Haruki said, shaking her hand with Sakura in the other.
" I hope you're not as arrogant as your sister" Heero said
" And just what is that supposed to mean?!" Akira interrupted
" It's nice to have another lovely lady in the house" Trowa said to Umeko.
" Well it didn't take him too long" Duo whispered to Haruki
" Ooh, a polite man! Hot too! Hot in that tall and Mysterious sort of way!" Umeko said, going up to his face.
" It didn't take her too long either" Haruki whispered back.
Trowa started to blush big time.
Wufei was disgusted with the scene and had all he could take.
" Barton, you better check the oven. You don't want to burn valuable food." Wufei interrupted.
" Couldn't have said it better myself!" Duo said
" Shut up, Maxwell!" Wufei said
" Oh yeah, I forgot about that!" He said and went back into the house.
" Well, can I come in?" Umeko asked
" Sure" said Quatre and they all headed inside.
Umeko looked around at the place and asked where to put her stuff. Akira showed her to her room and she set up. Then, Quatre gave her a tour of the mansion and they were back in time for dinner. Umeko went to the table where everyone was dining and sat down.
" Man, this place is bitchin'! I mean, who wouldn't want to stay here!" She said and everyone just stared at her.
" You guys have to show me the wheels ya got in that huge garage! I bet some of those cars can kick my harley's ass! So, what do ya got out there, huh?" Umeko continued blurting.
Akira buried her head in her folded arms. Heero, who was sitting next to her leaned toward Akira.
" She doesn't sound like a lawyer to me." He whispered
Akira brought up her head and saw Umeko asking Quatre about the cars.
" So, Umeko. How's your job as a lawyer going?" Akira asked
" Oh, well, the thing is... I never finished law school... I quit. Please don't tell mommy." Umeko said, suprising Akira.
" What happened?!" Akira asked
" I got bored and went to veterinary school."
" How's that going?"
" I quit that too and started working with big cats, like lions"
" Sounds like fun, what's that like?"
" It was fun and I still love working with them."
" What do you mean "was"?"
" I quit that also"
" So what do you do now?"
" I started a band called " Leo" , because, well, we all like lions! It'd be a better band if the guys didn't drink so much. They should know that the drinking stage is for after we become famous" Umeko explained
" How do you think mom feels about you being around a bunch of Drunk guys?!" Akira asked
" She doesn't know that I'm not a lawyer!" Umeko said
" When are you gonna tell her?"
" When we hit it big. Then I can pay her not to care!"
Everyone fell over in their seats.
Trowa came in with the food just as everyone was recovering from the shock.
" That smells great!! I'm starved!!" Umeko exclaimed
" Hey, Trowa likes lions a lot, too. Don't you Trowa?" Quatre said
" Uhm, Yeah, why?" Trowa asked
" Really?! I love lions! How have you worked with them?" Umeko asked, stars in her eyes.
" I work... at the circus with them."
Umeko climbed over the table and right up to his nose, making him blush.
" That's cool! Do you do tight-roping?" She asked
"...s-sometimes...m...most of the time... I get knifes thrown at me." He tried to explain threw her glowing, Yellow eyes.
" How daring!" She said
" Um, why don't I serve this before it gets cold." He said. Umeko came to her senses and calmed down.
" Oh, of course." She said, getting back in her seat.
Dinner went well and Trowa got many compliments from Umeko. Umeko was really tired from the ride, so she went off to bed. All the while her sister was setting up for a rematch.
At the training hall, Akira was in the clothing that she wore that morning(washed). Heero came in while she was putting her hair up in a pony tail.
" We'll go this time with weapons and use the course" Heero said
" Well, since killing each other is not an option, Why don't we use Shanais , K?" Akira asked, smiling.
" Fine" Heero said, struggling to keep his image and not smile back.(*gasp*)
Akira got out two Shanais and threw one to Heero.
Heero grabbed it and waved it to get his hand used to the feel of the leather handle. Akira did the same and got into position for fighting.
" Ready?" She asked Heero
" Ready" He said getting into position, also.
" Go!" Akira said
They circled each other for a while until Heero got impatient and made a swipe at her arm, which was easily countered. He manipulated the next one better and made a quick swipe for her legs. She jumped up over it like a kid playing hopscotch and went for Heero's shoulders. He put his weapon up just in time to block it, but it was hard. They were stuck in a hold for a few seconds.
" You're fast!" Heero said " But not fast enough!"
He pushed her away and she stumbled back.
" I wouldn't be so confident!" She said, dodging some random swipes." Better to be defensive than offensive."
Heero made another swipe for her legs and she bounded up, landing on a nearby box that was part of the obstacle course.
" Ahh, you're getting desperate! Use your head!" She said bounding further into the obstacle course.
Heero groaned angrily and went chasing after her. He lost her in the middle and couldn't find a trace of her.
" Keep your mind in one place! Focus!" Heero heard and looked up to see her at the highest point of the course.
" How did you get up there that fast?!" He yelled, but only got giggles back.
Heero went as fast as he could to the top, but was met three fourths of the way by Akira( Which was still pretty high). He swiped at her because she couldn't jump back without falling off. Instead, she jumped forward, landing on Heero and pushing him off the side. Luckily, Akira grabbed both of Heero's hands and he didn't go down. But Akira was on the edge and started losing her balance. She tried with all her might to pull Heero back up, he could see her arms bulging with muscle. She was teetering at the edge of the wooden box, trying to pull Heero up and suddenly, Heero saw a tail?! The tail helped Akira gain her balance and she pulled Heero up. Then she fell backwards and sighed. At first she couldn't tell why Heero was staring at her like he was, but soon saw that her tail was showing.
" Aw, Dammit! This was supposed to be a secret! I'm supposed to be normal! *sigh*..." She glared at Heero " Why'd you have to go and fall like that!" She yelled, tail twitching back and forth.
" Me?! Fall?!"
"Yes, that's what it's called, Einstein!" She shrieked
" You're the one that fell on me!" He yelled back
" Well, if you hadn't attacked me in such a dangerous area This never would have happened!"
" If you hadn't gone to such a dangerous area This never would have happened!"
" If you hadn't been making such horrible moves this never would have happened!"
" If you weren't such a friggin' good fighter this never would have happened!"
" If you hadn't challenged me to a rematch this never would have happened!"
" If you hadn't beaten me the first time this never would have happened!"
" If you hadn't tried to sneak up on me this never would have happened!"
" Well, like I said, If you weren't such a good fighter then this never would have happened!"
Akira stopped. Dead in her tracks.
" Um, well... Thanks...I...guess." She said, surprised.
" *Sigh* Well, thanks for saving me, I guess" Heero said
" You're the best fighter I've ever been challenged by" Akira said
" Your cute when you're mad." Heero said
( Now that would stun almost anybody!)
Akira sat, big-eyed and tail still, stunned.
" That's cute, too" Heero said
Heero leaned forward and kissed Akira on the forehead.
Akira still sat stunned.
Heero jumped down to the next level of boxes and then the next and stopped, turning around.
" Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go to a bar and wash away my defeat." He said
" Let me go, too" Akira said, jumping to his level.
" Why? I admitted my defeat, you have no reason." Heero said
" But I don't agree. I'd call it a draw." Akira said, smiling at him.
Heero smirked back.
" Okay, I guess" He said " But you have to hide that thing"
He gestured to the Tail.
" Not a problem." She said.
So Heero was the first to know about Akira's tail and the first to know how she loved to drink.