Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Maxwell's Mysterious Fruit Machine ❯ Maxwell's Mysterious Fruit Machine ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Don't own the characters in this story. So there.

Warnings: Random silliness, humor, fluff, 1+2, ficlet, various fruits

Summary: What kind of fruit does our braided boy want the most of them all?

*******

Maxwell's Mysterious Fruit Machine by Maaya

*******

"Damn Machine!"

Heero looked up, both annoyed and curious, to see what had lead to the shout that had interrupted his meal. Not too surprisingly, it was a certain braided boy who also happened to be Heero's lover. The boy stood by the meal-teleporter (A machine made to send food from a basic supply to a small tray in the middle of the room.) and glared at a small orange with what seemed to be incandescent rage.

Heero's curiosity raised another step on his gauge. "Whatever the orange did, I'm sure it wasn't intentional."

"But Heeeroooo.." Duo whined and turned around to send a puppy-eyed glare at his lover. "An orange isn't worth anything!"

The short-haired boy blinked. "Excuse me?"

But Duo had already turned around and seemed to play around with the buttons on the machine. After only a few seconds, a grapefruit appeared beside its cousin and lay still.

Duo stared quietly.

And stared.

Then he picked it up and tripped over to where Heero was still sitting with a plate of rice in front of him. He handed his lover the grapefruit and said.

"Exchange."

Heero didn't seem to understand a thing, just stared at the grapefruit that he was now holding in his left hand. "What?" He said meekly after a while.

"Exchange." Duo repeated simply, as it was something everyone should know about. "A grapefruit should be worth at least a hug."

Heero stared at the fruit in his hand for a while longer until he decided that it couldn't hurt to do as he was told. He let go of the grapefruit, pulled the smaller boy into his arms and cradled him tightly to his chest, inhaling the scent from Duo's shampoo and soap, before letting go again. He sat down to continue eating his rice.

He didn't really mind whatever Duo's game or logic was, as long as the result was this pleasant.

Duo stood unmoving for a moment, with something dreamy clouding his eyes, before bouncing over to the food-machine once again.

When Heero looked up from his quickly cooling rice, there was a citrus beside the altogether forgotten and seemingly useless orange. Not surprisingly, Duo picked it up with a slight smile and went over to Heero again.

"Exchange." He handed him the citrus. "Kiss."

Heero was happy to comply.

Leaving his rice behind once again, he stood up, leaned in close to the braided boy's mouth and kissed him softly on those red lips. A hand came up to the braided boy's back and it began to stroke slowly in soothing circles as he tasted him. His tongue pushed questioning, asking for permission to enter and the braided boy opened his lips slightly to allow him to do so. They played with their tongues for a while, but they had to part all too soon and pant heavily for air.

Heero sat down again to eat his now rather cold rice, and Duo didn't stop the routine - he bounced back to the machine and pushed some buttons.

"Yes!"

The shorthaired boy was very close to bite his tongue at his lover's shout of joy. He looked up and saw a big, yellow lemon that lay beside the orange.

He didn't need an explanation; the grin on Duo's face said it all.

It looked as if his rice would be even colder before he could have a chance to eat it.

*******

The End

*******