Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Memorial ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing. So there.

Memorial

The house was quiet. Too quiet. After an hour, Heero began to worry. Shutting down his laptop, he headed down the stairs to look for Duo. Reaching the living room, he found him sitting quietly on the couch looking through a rather large book.

Heero sat down next to him. Duo looked up from the book with a tear in his eye. Heero raised an eye. "What's this Duo?" Duo sighed. "Remember that vacation we took to Washington DC last summer? These are all the rubbings I did at the memorial wall." Heero nodded. "I remember. What brought up digging these out?" Duo smiled. "It's memorial Day tomorrow. I just thought I'd get a head start of Remembering." Heero nodded again. "Mind if I join you?" Duo slung his arm over Heero's shoulders. "Of course not."

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~*

This is dedicated to all the men and women of the armed forces, Past and Present. I salute you all.

But mostly this is dedicated to my grandfathers. Private First Class Charles Whelchel of the First Cavalry, Veteran of the Pacific theater of WW II and Private Dranen Moss of the 30th Division, Army. I hope the two of you are happy up in heaven, swapping war stories and being proud of you little granddaughter.