Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Memory of a Lost Soldier ❯ CHAPTER 1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Return of the Guardians

It's been a while since I said that I would continue with the sequel to Memory of a Lost Soldier, but I figured that since it didn't receive too many hits that no one really read it. But since I had a reviewer state that they wanted to read it, I decided what the heck. I don't own Gundam wing, just the character's I've created: Adina, Nataku, Sagi, Nako, and Tila.

*

Peace was finally attained in the year A.C. 195 on Christmas Eve. The final battle fought by Heero Yuy and Miliardo Peacecraft was over, and Heero had saved the earth from a permanent winter by destroying the battleship Libra. Now that true peace was attained, mobile suits, and their pilots were no longer needed.

In a different dimension, Adina sat with her red globe watching over Trowa. She longed to see him again, but knew that she couldn't. She promised him she would return, but in her heart she felt that she was unable to keep her promise. The red globe floated in her hands, and a soft glow appeared around it, as Trowa's image was inside.

"Adina? Are you in here?" called a voice. A girl appeared in front of her. She had long brown hair, but shorter than Adina's, that curved around her face and set on her shoulders, and brown eyes.

"Oh, Tila," Adina said hiding the globe behind her back, "you startled me."

"What are you up too?"

"Nothing."

"Is that so?" Tila held out her own green globe and it glowed in the room. The red globe behind Adina came floating from behind her. Tila saw that she was watching Trowa again. "This is nothing to you? How come you're watching him again?"

"I have to, I'm his guardian remember? I have to make sure that no harm comes to him. I don't want to see him get hurt like the last time. Ever since that day that he lost his memory I've watched him like a hawk, and I will continue on doing so." She took her globe back and snapped, "Besides, like you don't spend all your time watching Quatre!"

Tila stepped back startled. "I'm his guardian I'm supposed to...oh boy, I'm sounding like you and giving the same excuse."

"I miss him Tila."

"I know, and I know he misses you too. However, we need not worry too much anymore that something will happen in battle. The war is over, and there's peace now."

"It does seem like that, Tila. However, I am uneasy." She started waving her hands around the red globe and the image of Trowa disappeared as she began to meditate her powers towards the it. "I sense something happening. Something that will shatter this peace and start chaos once more...like an endless waltz."

"A what?"

"An endless waltz. The way history keeps repeating itself, who knows if this will ever end. More wars will spring up, and more people have to be sacrificed."

*

A.C. 196. Adina, Tila, and three other guardians were gathered at a meeting. All sat with their globes in hand ready to start. Nataku, a girl with blue hair and golden eyes, stood up to start the meeting.

"Attention please. The reason for this emergancy meeting is very important."

"What's going on, Nataku?" Sagi, a blond-haired, blue-eyed girl asked.

"You should know, if you've been keeping close watch of Heero, the person you're supposed to be guarding."

"I have been keeping close watch on him, but I've noticed nothing."

"Surely you've noticed how hard he's been working," Nako, another blond-haired, blue-eyed girl asked.

"Well, yes," Sagi admitted. "I have noticed."

"But you don't know why?"

"No."

Nataku sighed with adgitation. "Something is going to happen, Adina has said so herself."

"Do you sense something?" Nako asked.

"I do," Adina replied nodding.

"Is it the same feeling you've had before?" Tila asked.

"You remember," she replied seriously. "Yes."

"I have a question," said Sagi. "Although it's not for you, Adina."

"Oh?" Adina asked looking up. "Then who's it for?"

"For Nataku."

Nataku sighed, "What is it now?"

"Why did you name yourself after Wufei's Gundam?"

Everyone gasped at the question. A few giggles were heard as well, as Nataku clenched her fists together and gritted her teeth a hint of pink on her cheeks.

"Yeah, you never really told us why," said Tila.

"Oh, boy. Can we avoid this subject?" Nataku asked.

"But I want to know!" complained Sagi.

"I swear you are so annoying!" She sat back in her chair and sighed. "I didn't name myself after his Gundam, he named me."

"What do you mean?" Nako asked elbows propped on the table.

"I might as well show you." She held out her blue globe and raised it up. It floated from her hands and went to the center of the table. She showed them how she got her code-name with images of her past, and she explained the images.

"I wanted a different way to be guardian to Wufei. You all were shadows, but I didn't want that. So, I decided to be inside his Gundam, to be a part of it. He began talking to his Gundam and calling it `Nataku.' That's how I recieved my name. He gave me one."

"Does he know about you?" Adina asked.

"Yes. I appeared to him one day. He got startled and attacked me, thinking I was an enemy." She showed the others the sceene inside her globe. "Once I explained who I was, and my mission, he stopped and listened to me. I thanked him for naming me and told him I was the one protecting him from all those battles. He's been talking to his Gundam ever since, thinking that somehow, I'd hear him." Her globe stopped glowing and returned to her. "So, you satisfied Sagi?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Good, now let's get back to the more important matters. Adina, is there anything new that you sense?"

Adina held out her globe and meditated upon it. "I sense danger."

"Can you tell where it is?" Tila asked.

"It's an L3 colony. X-18999."

"What?" the others gasped.

"Who is the leader of that colony?" Nako asked.

"Her name is Mariemea Barton."

"Barton? Trowa has a neice?"

"Not exactly. The Trowa we know isn't the real Trowa Barton."

"Oh yeah."

"It has begun, and another war will break out. They've kidnapped Relena Darlian. Sagi, I suggest you tell Heero."

"Why should I? I don't care about Relena; I'm not her guardian!"

"True," Adina said lowering her globe, "but the sooner Heero knows, the sooner he'll fix things, the better our chances of not going to war again."

Sagi sighed. "All right, I'll go."

"Do you think that another war will break out?" Nataku asked.

"There's a big possibility. I suggest that we all go our seperate ways and tell the pilots before it's too late."

"Our powers won't do the trick," said Sagi.

"What? What do you mean?" Nako asked.

"We're dealing with something a whole lot different now, so our powers need to change." She held out her white globe. "We should take power from our dimension to help us. It should do the trick. Lay your globes on the table."

All did so, and the table began to glow with a bright light. The girls shielded their eyes and stepped back, overwhelmed by the power they felt. Then the light faded, and their globes began to glow their colors even brighter than before, showing their power. The five guardians picked up their globes and instantly, their clothing changed. All wore the same colors as to their globes.

"We're prepared now," said Nataku. "Let's go our separate ways and warn the others."

"Right," the rest of the girls said.

Adina left the dimension in a hurry. She would finally be able to see Trowa again. She wished, though, that her reason for coming back to him was different. She headed towards X-18999 in her shadow form, which was alot easier and faster to travel thanks to her new power. `Wait for me, Trowa. I'll be with you shortly,' she thought to him.

*

Meanwhile, Trowa was standing backstage with Catherine watching the show.

"There's not a big crowd out here tonight," Catherine said.

Trowa looked up and saw several men with suits standing at the entrance. "It seems this colony has other means of entertainment."

"Other means of entertainment?" Catherine asked looking up at him. "What do you mean by that?"

"I'm going to look into it."

"Trowa?" She turned around but he was no where to be seen. She looked down and saw that Trowa had left his mask on the ground. "Oh Trowa!"

Meanwhile, outside, Trowa was knocking the guts out of the several men sent as spies. Once all men were knocked to the ground, he went up to one of them to search them for their I.D. He found a card with the persons' name and a foundation they belonged to.

`The Barton Foundation?' he thought. `Is he still at it? Or maybe it's Leah's daughter. I think her name was Mariemea.' He took the card with him and walked away. As he was walking, he noticed something in the shadows.

"Who's there?" he asked ready to attack.

"I've kept my promise to return," said a voice.

Trowa dropped his stance and stood there puzzled. "Diana?"

"My code-name is Adina," she said as she stepped out of the shadows. "I cannot be called Diana."

"You've come back," Trowa said astonished.

"Of course I did. Didn't think I'd just leave you here alone did you?" She stepped up to him and she was imediately in his arms. "Not a day went by without a thought of you," she said with a tearful smile.

"Those are my words exactly."

"Though we were very far apart, I've kept my eye on you all this time. I ached not knowing when I could return."

"I had faith in you, Adina. I knew that you would keep your promise."

"Thank you for your faith. You have no idea how much that means to me." She found herself kissing him soundly, not wanting to part from him again. As they drew apart, she smiled to him and said, "Looks like you've been working out. You look good."

"Thanks, I've got to keep in shape for my job you know. What's the reason you came? I have a feeling it's not because you're staying permanently."

"You're right," she sighed, "but it's not that I didn't want to come. My reason is for an emergancy."

"What's wrong?"

"This colony, that's what's wrong. Relena was visiting this colony today and she's been kidnapped by-"

"Mariemea?" Trowa cut in.

"Yes, you knew?"

"I kind of figured that. I just discovered a few spies a minute ago and found this on them." He showed her the I.D. card one of the men had with him. "They're from the Barton Foundation."

"Do you know anything else, or what they're planning to do?"

"Not a clue."

Adina thought for a moment. "I've got an idea on how to find out."

"What's that?"

"Join Marimea's military. You could find out more of what they're up to. Just like you did with OZ."

"That sounds good. The more we know the better. However, there is one problem."

"What's that?"

"There's no way to retaliate without our Gundams. Quatre sent them into the sun."

"What? Oh no!"

"Yeah I know."

"Maybe when you know enough, you could steal one of the enemy's best mobile suits and make your get-away."

"We'll see what happens when the time comes. Will you come with me?"

"Of course I will. I've got to protect you, you know. No one will notice me because my powers have improved. Only you will see me."

"That's fine. We should go now."

"Right."

*****

~*~Lady Pheonix~*~