Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mini Fics ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ok, hi everyone, SilverShinigami here! So, this is the continuation of my Mini Fics fic. I know that nobody actually reads these, but I was sitting at my cousin's 21 birthday party with seven hours of nothing to do, so I had to come up with something, ne? Yeah. I was bored until we started playing Mexican Train Dominos...but that's another story. It's a really fun game though, if you ever have the chance to try it. Anyway, disclaimer.

*I own nothing but my dreams. And even those have been begged for, borrowed, or stolen.*

Well, enjoy the fic...that's about all I can think of right now. So...read on!

*~*Dominos*~*

The Winner estate sat peacefully on a hill overlooking a valley and a small lake. A light breeze carried the melodies of songbirds through the mansion, completing the peaceful atmosphere. The silence was shattered, however, as a shriek echoed through the estate.

A very surprised Quatre jumped, then gasped as he watched the book he had been reading fly out of his hands. He winced at the loud thump it made as it crashed onto the floor. Oh boy, he thought. That's what I get for trying to read War and Peace. He blinked sadly at it, then rose to investigate what the noise had been.

He tiptoed down the hallway, checking doors as he went. He sighed impatiently after the first twenty or so; living in a mansion did have it's disadvantages... He had stopped to consider a new plan of attack (because plan A clearly wasn't working) when he heard low growling coming from the room on his right. He raised a delicate eyebrow and pushed the door open slowly. He stopped once inside the room and blinked repeatedly.

"Heero?"

"...What Quatre?" came the distracted reply.

"What are you doing, Heero?"

The stoic pilot glanced at him before returning to his work. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Well, it looks like you're playing dominos," said Quatre slowly, as if considering something. "But that can't be right. You're really constructing a model of the OZ base, right? Or planning our next attack with a visual aid!"

Heero looked at him strangely. "Noooooo..." he said, placing another piece, "I'm really playing dominos."

Quatre's eyes widened slowly and he knelt down next to the Wing pilot. "Why?"

Heero carefully placed another piece, biting his lip in concentration. " I always play dominos."

"Are you feeling ok, Heero?" Quatre reached out and placed a hand on Heero's forehead. Unfortunately, as he did so Heero flinched, causing his hand to jerk. The brunette screamed in frustration as dominos flew in every direction from their previous complex pattern. Quatre drew his hand back and his eyes took on the image of saucers.

"Oops."

He gazed up at Heero with growing terror as the spandex-clad boy stood and towered over him, a slightly crazed glint in his eyes.

"Uh...um, Heero? Heero?"

The crazy-look increased and Heero reached for his gun. "Omae o korosu, Winner!"

Quatre 'eep'ed and desperately scrambled backwards.

-five minutes later-

The front door opened as Trowa nudged it with his hip, arms full of groceries. He closed it behind him and quietly and was about to enter the kitchen when a shriek made him pause.

He watched blankly as a terrified Quatre ran screeching across his field of vision, closely followed by a furious Heero, waving his gun and yelling something about...dominos??

Trowa shook his head as they ran through the house, and continued to the kitchen.

*~*x*~*x*~*x*~*x*~*

*~*Teddy Bear*~*

Duo sighed and flopped on his bed. After a few seconds he sighed again and flopped onto his chair. He continued doing this to every floppable space in his apartment, until he finally flopped one too many times and hit his head.

"Oooooww..."

He hopped up and ran over to his vid-phone. He would just call someone. That would cure his boredom for sure!

He quickly dialed the first number on his list. Wufei wouldn't mind if he dropped him a line...

"Hello?"

"Hi Wu-man!" screeched Duo. He was so excited that he would have glomped the his friend if it'd been possible.

"Maxwell! What do you want?"

"Oooo," leered Duo. "Did I catch you in the middle of something?"

"Actually, you did," snapped the Chinese boy.

"Duo gaped. He hadn't thought Wufei was capable of...stuff. "Really?!" he squeaked.

"Yes," came the impatient reply. "Do you mind?"

"Uh...er, um..." stuttered the Deathscythe pilot. "Um, n-no, of course not."

He quickly hung up the phone as if it had burned his fingers and gaped at the screen.

On the other end of the line, the Chinese pilot smiled softly and climbed back into bed.

"I'm back now, Mr. Fluffy." He cuddled closer to his favorite teddy bear and flipped off the lights.

*~*x*~*x*~*x*~*x*~*

*~*Kitty*~*

Four pilots' heads jerked towards the kitchen door as Duo crashed into the room, gasping and looking as if he'd just sprinted a mile.

"We've got a...an emergency," he gasped out. "Code red!"

Trowa's coffee sprayed out of his mouth. Heero slammed his newspaper onto the table. Wufei grabbed his katana from beneath his chair, and Quatre dropped the plate he'd been holding. They all raced out the door after Duo,

After a few minutes of chasing a madly running Shinigami, they all stopped in front of a yard, beneath an extremely large oak tree. Heero dropped his pack to the ground and started rummaging through it. He handed each pilot a harness, flashlight, knife, and radio headpiece. They quickly equipped themselves and checked their radios. Quatre grabbed a pair of binoculars and peered into the tree's branches.

"Target spotted," he announced. "Commence operation."

Duo and Trowa held back the growing number of onlookers.

"What on earth are you doing to that poor tr-"

Duo stepped in front of the middle-aged woman. "Ma'am, you'd better leave this to the experts."

"But-"

"We've got this under control, Ma'am!"

"I-"

"Ma'am! Please step away, Ma'am!!"

Wufei grabbed a cable out of the pack and tossed it into the tree, hooking his end to Heero's harness without pausing. Quatre caught the flying end of the cable as it dropped out of the tree and immediately began attaching it to a large spool-like machine.

Heero grimly put his knife between his teeth and began climbing up the trunk. Quatre raised the binoculars and kept up a steady stream of spy-talk. Wufei kept the cable taut with the machine and unnecessarily relayed Quatre's messages to Heero.

"Target sighted. Continue upward."

Heero nodded shortly and climbed further, disappearing in the leaves as sweat beaded on his forehead.

"Check, target is moving west," Quatre stated, still peering through the binoculars. "Target moving west."

"Roger that."

Heero grabbed onto a branch and hefted himself up. His eyes darted around as he stood on the branch in an almost-fighting position.

"Home base, target position confirmed. I'm moving in."

"Affirmative, 01, move in."

Heero leapt for the next branch and continued climbing.

"Check, 01, target it moving upwards! Target moving up!"

"Ryoukai. Following target."

Heero jumped for the next branch. His weight proved to be too much for it, though, and it snapped beneath him. The other pilots gasped as he fell, only to sigh in relief when his hand caught another branch.

There was a pause.

"*crackle* Home base, 01 is fine. I repeat, 01 is fine."

A cheer flew up from the crowd.

"10-4, 01. Continue operation."

Heero reached the top of the tree and grabbed the target, tucking it in a pouch strapped to his chest.

"Home base, target acquired. Returning to base."

"Roger, 01. Return to base."

Quatre kept one hand on his earpiece and the other on the binoculars he had trained on the tree. The pilots watched as Heero dropped out of the tree, landing in a crouched position with one hand clutching the pouch on his chest and one on the ground. Duo and Trowa pushed the crowd even further back as Quatre and Wufei ran forward to unhook Heero. Once he was free of the cable, Quatre briskly wound it up.

Heero walked a ways away from the tree and pulled their target from his pouch. He held it up in front of his face and spoke.

"Next time, don't bite off more than you can chew. Stay away from trees! Now, run along, kitty." He set the now trembling cat down and watched as it scurried away.

The other pilots came and stood behind him for a dramatic end shot. Heero dusted his hands together and looked off into the sunset.

"Mission: Accomplished."

*~*End*~*

LMAO! Isn't that hilarious?! *falls over* I crack myself up. I've tried to write more mini fics, but my style has changed too much for it to work. I have, like, plots now. *gasp* Horrifying, isn't it? ^_^ Anyway, be responsible and review, ok? "Mission," remember?