Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ More than Rejects ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Supurrkitty
Disclaimer: I do not own any GW characters. That is all.

Damn me! Writing so many fan-fictions at once! Please read and review.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More than Rejects
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


" Rae! Rae, where'd you go?" Trowa asked, walking around the circus and looking in and under things. " She always does this..."

Then, he saw her hiding behind some of the boxes that were packed up for their next move. The circus was done in this area. They were now on L4 and getting ready to move to another colony.

Rae seemed to be hiding, because she looked over her shoulder every now and then. Trowa smirked to himself, and then went forward.

" Gee, I wonder where she is?" Trowa put his hands behind his back and pretended to look around, " That girl is just too good for me..."

" Daddy!!" Trowa felt something latch onto his ankles. He looked down and saw Rae one the ground, hugging his legs. She was getting dirty, but she smiled brightly up at Trowa.

" There you are!" Trowa pretended to be surprised, " You're just too smart for me, sweetie."

" Really?" Rae asked, " I'm smarter than you?"

" Well, we'll see," Trowa said, smiling at her, " Now, c'mon, get up. You get dirty enough without rolling around on the ground."

Trowa bent down and picked her up off the ground and set her on her feet in front of him. He kneeled down and wiped some of the dirt off of her. He stopped and looked her over. Her red hair had turned a strawberry blonde color and reached just past her shoulder, just like her mother. And, like her mother, here eyes had turned an odd, brown-green color.

" I can't believe it's been six years..." Trowa mumbled, mindlessly.

" What, daddy?" Rae asked, her bright smile never faltering.

" ...nothing," Trowa said, smiling again, " Nothing at all."

He picked up Rae and stood up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. They started to walk over to the lion cages to take care of them, when someone came in their path.

" There you two are." Quatre said, smiling, " I wanted to catch you guys before you left."

" Hey, Quatre." Trowa nodded to Quatre as Rae started to wiggle out of Trowa's grip. He set her down on her feet.

" Quatre!!" She ran over to him and hugged his legs.

" It's good to see you, too." Quatre said, patting her back, " It's been about a year, hasn't it? Excluding my visit last week?"

" I believe so." Trowa said. Quatre was the only one he had seen in years. The others had pretty much lost touch. Of course, that's not too hard when you're Circus is always moving around. Quatre looked different now, his bright eyes lost some of their glow, his hair turned a slightly darker blonde, and he was taller, much taller. Mostly, he just saw Quatre whenever he was on L4. Sometimes, him, Rae and Cathy would visit Quatre almost every day they were there. But, now, the visiting seemed less frequent and they seemed to be growing apart from Quatre. Trowa just accepted that this happens, friends come and go.

" So, Trowa," Quatre interrupted his thoughts. He now had Rae in his arms. " I hear you're quitting the circus. May I ask why?"

" There comes a time in a man's life when he has to stop clowning around." Trowa stated.

Quatre chuckled.

" Oh!" Quatre stopped, " That reminds me! Guess who I saw a few days ago?"

" Us?" Trowa offered. Rae giggled.

" Well...yes, but..." Quatre shook his head, " I saw Duo Maxwell!"

" You saw Duo?" Trowa asked, " Did you say hi?"

" Yeah," Quatre said, " He didn't seem as surprised to see me, though. He said he was here on business."

" What does he do?" Trowa asked.

Quatre shrugged, " I have no idea. He wouldn't tell me."

" That's odd. Did he say how long he was going to be here?" Trowa inquired

" He said he'd be around for a few days. But, he was rather vague in that respect..." Quatre shrugged again.

" Hmm..." Trowa thought, " Well, maybe we'll see him around."

" Who's Duo?" Rae asked, with authentic curiosity.

" He's an old friend of mine and Quatre's." Trowa answered.

" Oh," Rae said, then smiled, " Then, I want to meet him!"

" We might..." Trowa said, still in thought. He felt a chill creep up his back like someone was watching them..

" Would you guys like to come over for tea?" Quatre asked.

" Yeah! yeah! Tea! Tea!" Rae cheered.

" Maybe later..." Trowa said, still focusing on the source of the chill, " But thank you."

" Aww." Rae pouted.

" Alright then," Quatre said, " Do you know where Catherine is?"

" Yeah," Trowa said, deciding not to ask why, " She's in the big tent helping with the bleachers, I think. But, take Rae with you."

" Uh...umm..." Quatre blinked, " Okay."

Trowa watched Quatre walk off with Rae, and then turned towards the many piles of boxes.

" Okay Duo, come out." Trowa said towards the boxes.

" Geez, Barton." Came a voice that Trowa wasn't expecting, " You really suck at this."

From behind a big pile of boxes a man walked out, fully clad in a preventers uniform, with long, black hair and dark eyes.

" Wufei." Trowa said, rather surprised.

Indeed, it was him. His hair had gotten a little longer and wasn't tied in that scary looking, tight ponytail. But, it was now pulled back loosely, letting some hair fall in front of his face. He had gotten taller, but not as tall as him or Quatre.

" Yup." Wufei said, securing his weapon in its holster. " In the flesh."

" What are you doing here?" Trowa asked, still a little fazed. " Preventer business, I presume."

" And that, it shall remain." Wufei said with a wink. " So, what's with the kid?"

" Rae," Trowa said, not quite trusting Wufei yet, " She...she's my daughter..."

" Your daughter?" Wufei asked, surprised, " She looks nothing like you. Not even in the slightest bit."

" I know." Trowa said, staring at Wufei. Wufei studied Trowa, then shrugged.

" It's none of my business, anyway. Well, see you later." Wufei said and made to walk off.

" Wait!" Trowa stopped him, " What are you doing here? And why is Duo here?"

" Ya see," Wufei said, turning around, " That's none of YOUR business. Later."

Wufei tried to walk off again.

" Wufei!" Trowa demanded.

Wufei turned around again, annoyed.

" What?" He said with a sigh.

" Aren't you gonna stick around? If there really is four ex-gundam pilots on this colony, we have a lot of catching up to do." Trowa said.

" Hmm," Wufei smiled, " Maybe next time. Who knows, that might be soon. See you around, Trowa."

" Bye, Wufei...I guess..." Trowa said.

With that, Wufei left quickly so Trowa couldn't catch him again.

Trowa sat on a nearby box and had a thinking marathon (he's winning!!...sorry for my stupidity...).

' Why are Duo and Wufei on this colony? And why are they trying to keep it secret?' Trowa asked himself, ' Perhaps it's just coincidental...But, Wufei knew that Duo was here...And, why was Wufei hiding behind the boxes? Was he spying or something?'

Trowa sighed

' I guess Wufei's right, it is none of my business. Or is it?' Trowa shook his head, ' I have my own things to worry about...'


A/N: Oooh, plot development...What is going on? Why are there four G-guys on L4. It might just be coincidence, unless Heero's there too, then that'd be too platonic. But, is he? Find out next time...maybe...if I'm nice...