Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Own Life ❯ First Impressions ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing, if I did I would make Heero and Duo a couple and the show would be full of yaoi. My show sounds better. - Pouts -

Summary: AU. Heero's home town in Japan holds the tradition of arranged marriages with it's neighbouring town. He is introduced to his bride, one big problem; she is a bride, not a groom. He doesn't want to proceed with the wedding but feels he has no choice. Is his mind is made up to not raise any issues when a braided beauty walks right into him, literally. Is his mind made up for sure, or will he change it? 1+R 1x2

A/N This is the first story I've wrote like this, so your opinion really counts.

My Own Life

Chapter 1: First Impressions

"You know son that now you are fifteen you are expected to be the groom in an arranged marriage. Your bride is to be a Miss Relena Peacecraft. You must love and cherish her as you should any lady."

"Yes Father."

"You must come to FÑ-gio's Italian restaurant tonight at 8 O'clock sharp, you don't want to make a bad impression the first time you meet you future wife do you?"

"No Father."

"You don't sound very enthusiastic Heero."

"I'm excited, just my nerves are kicking in a bit, but I am sure she will be lovely."

That was a lie. He was not excited, he was not nervous, just angry for getting pushed into this and he was sure he would hate her no matter how nice she was. He didn't want to get married, especially to a girl; he was gay. Something his father didn't know.

"That's my boy!" His father exited the room, Heero sighed. He didn't want to disappoint his father, he'd been there for him all his life since his mother had died shortly after giving birth. Now it was time for Heero to do something for his father.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Heero glanced at his watch. Ten to eight. He stood restlessly outside of FÑ-gio, not bringing himself to enter. Walking into this restaurant would change his life, inside sat his future wife, the mother of his unborn kids, the woman who will keep hid life tied down, nothing of his own choice.

Heero took the dreaded steps over the threshold of the door, he was immediately summoned over to a table where seated was his father: Alninio Yuy, a woman: Mrs Peacecraft and a young girl around his age.

`That must be her; she would be nice looking if I was straight.'

"Hello, I'm Heero Yuy, you must be Miss Relena Peacecraft."

He introduced himself then took her hand and lightly kissed it, a rosy tinge appeared on her cheeks.

"Yes, pleased to meet you Master Heero."

Dinner was a light occasion; small conversations were all that took place. It was nearly midnight before their evening drew to a close. Alninio paid the bill and they left the restaurant.

"Allow me to get you a cab Relena," Heero offered just to be polite, in his opinion the evening hadn't gone to bad but it wasn't the evenings leading up to the wedding he was too bothered about, it was the main event.

"Yes please, thank you Heero."

Heero flagged down the next horse drawn cab that turned up their lane.

"Excuse me sir could you please take these two charming ladies home to the Peacecraft manor?"

"Yes of course Mr."

Heero handed over the fee and bid farewell to Chenoa Peacecraft and her daughter.

"Heero, we need to discuss wedding arrangements."

"Okay Relena, how about next Thursday?"

"That's fine Heero. Goodbye."

"Goodbye and take care both of you." He helped them both in to the cab.

"Such a gentleman Master Yuy." Chenoa was obviously pleased with the choice of husband for her daughter.

They said their final goodbyes and the cab rode off.

Heero and his Father walked up the road in the direction of home. They were silent on the journey, Heero was lost deep in thought. This was all a lot for him to take. He was sure if he'd told his father before of his sexual preferences he would never have even asked Heero to do this, screw tradition, Alninio Yuy always put Heero's welfare before anything else in the world. Even if he'd had enough courage to, the Japanese teen didn't know weather he would have wanted to for a different reason; his mother had always liked to follow tradition and since she had died, anything that then involved something in his own power Heero had tried to do to her wishes. He knew she would want him to be happy but would he be happy anyway? He would never be accepted, no-one of `his kind' ever was in this small community. He couldn't leave his father with the burden either; the man with the homosexual son.

Heero thoughts spun round in his head, he didn't know what to do, but the bottom line was; he wanted to please his mother and make his father proud. Only one thing to do. Keep quiet and get married.

Heero shut the door, he'd finally made up his mind. He swiftly shook his head to clear the thoughts and proceeded to the next room. He father was sat in his usual chair he beamed with pride at Heero.

"Thank you for making an effort, it all went well Heero; you were very polite just like a mature young man, just like a youthful groom should be."

"Thank you Father, I'm glad I lived up to your expectations."

"Don't worry; you'll always make me proud my son."

Owari Chapter 1

A/N I'm going to continue this soon, do you think it's worth it? Any questions about this story, just ask, I didn't know what extra info to give.

Sunny Dragoness