Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Nemesis ❯ Protecting Peace ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Nemesis

Disclaimer: Of course I own nothing to do with Gundam Wing or the Gundam Boys (but I can dream can't I?) all is not mine except for the character of Nemesis or any others that I put in that are not from the series (duh! right?)

Note: Be kind this is my first GW fanfic and I apologize before hand if anyone is out-of-character but I would love to hear you comments and critiques so here goes nothing.


"spoken"
'thought'
>communications unit>
(authors comments)

Chapter 8: Protecting Peace
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After what seemed like eternity, her 'guests' had finished explaining who and what they are, *were* she corrected herself *they aren't Gundam pilots now, not since the Marimea incident* She still didn't agree with their reasons for destroying the Gundams but was too exhausted and really didn't feel like arguing the point anymore. It was 1:30 in the morning and she just wanted to sleep and, if Duo's yawning was any indication, so did they.

"Okay boys, time for you to go home. I refuse to babysit you anymore and since you found me your mission is complete."

"But why would we be told to find you if not to work with you?" Quatre wondered, hiding a yawn behind his hand as he leaned against the crumpling wall next to Trowa, whose single eye was threatening to close by itself.

"If you really are Preventors, why did you even take this mission? Its not like it was before, there aren't many missions since Marimea," she asked, losing her patience.

"Because, it was a Gundam mission," Trowa said from his perch. Nemesis was about to counter when her bag started beepping and the ever-alert Heero pointed his gun at her again.

"Answer it," he ordered her.

"Like I could resist you," she said sarcastically, winking at him and then walking over to take out the console.

<Beep><Beep>

"What do you want Omega?" she asked irratably to the man on the other end as she looked at the usually unfocused vidscreen.

<Where are you?!> came the shout on the other line <How dare you disobey me! You have no idea how important this is to the continued peace. How dare you->

"Would you shut up!" Nemesis yelled back, ignoring the many stares from the other pilots who all seemed very awake now.

<Nemesis, go back and find the other pilots. The peace depends on the fact that you listen to me now>

"I'm an ASSASSIN, Omega, a bad guy, why would I worry about 'ever lasting peace', war brings good business and-"

<You and I both know that you're not a 'bad guy'> the voice said softly, as if it was talking to a daugter.

"Fine then, mission complete," she said winking to the others behind her.

<What do you mean?> Omega asked, his voice sending an edge of warning to the teenage girl.

"I mean they're standing right here, they wanted to talk."

"What is our mission?" Heero asked automatically, walking next to Nemesis to look at the screen.

<There's a hidden factory on Callisto...> the man started.

"There's always a hidden factory," Nemesis mumbled, disappointed that a 'routine mission' had to involve outsiders.

<Not like this, there they are creating Gundams>

"What?!" this time, the outburst originating from all the pilots, everyone crowding around the vidscreen.

<Silence! Honestly the youths of today have no respect>

"Shut your mumbling and give us the details baka," Wufei ordered, his hands flexing nervously on the hilt of his katana.

"Couldn't have said it better myself, Wu-man" Nemesis muttered into his ear, remembering Duo's nickname for him at the gym.

"Its -"

<ahem! I can see this little group might have some problems to work out. Anyway if you can stop your bickering for 2 minutes...Nemesis, I'm transmitting the location to you. You and the others are to destroy the base and find out how they got the plans for the other Gundams, seems they've copied the basic setup of the original five. Contact me when the mission is complete>

"Right but what-" Nemesis started but was cut off when the screen went dead.

"Are we gonna do with the Gundams?" Quatre finished for her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
What'cha think?What'cha think?What'cha think? Sorry but I really would like to hear that someone has read this story, I'm just updating when I feel like it so thats why its taking a long time for each update. Well, give me your comments please!!!!!!! Onto the next chapter ^^