Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ OK, So You Have Skills... ❯ And They're Off! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I, sadly, don't own Gundam Wing no matter how much I want to. The bishounen aren't mine * sigh *. I love them anyway!
 
Warnings: OOCness, hurt Duo, blood, after-effects of torture, language, implied shounen ai, mean people…it's not too bad, but leave if you don't like blood…yeah…
 
OK, So You Have Skills…
 
Chapter 5: And They're Off!
 
A/N: I can't make up my mind if this happened immediately after the last chapter or years later…probably later. I think I'm gonna write the rest of it as snippets of their lives and it will eventually turn into actual shounen ai.
 
They broke out of jail easily, with Duo picking locks or blowing up doors and Heero knocking guards out. The two ex-Gundam pilots ran through the base, leaving destruction, but not death, in their wake.
 
“I'm gettin' too old for this shit!” Duo yelled after dodging a barrage of gunfire and throwing a canister of tear gas at the guards.
 
“You're only 18.” Heero said in exasperation.
 
“Yeah, but…” They both dodged more bullets, barely pausing in the conversation. “I've been doing this kind of stuff” a pause while they dodge, “for more than ten years! I need a break!”
 
“You couldn't have been a Gundam pilot that long!” Heero said, knocking two guards out with one punch.
 
“Of course not!” Duo replied in a condescending tone, running and peering over his shoulder to look at Heero. “But I've been stealing, breaking into and out of bases and dodging bullets since before my parents…” They both stopped after a look at the door in front of them.
 
“What the…” Duo cursed quietly.
 
“Gundanium” Heero said, confirming Duo's guess.
 
“They couldn't make it easy on us…”
 
“Of course not, Duo. Would you really…”
 
“Nope, buddy. I wouldn't have it any other way.”
 
Duo picked through the bag of treats he'd grabbed from the armory. TNT, C-4… “Ah-ha! This should work!” He pulled out a small keypad and slammed it onto the door to make it stick.
 
“Duo that's…”
 
“Yeah. I know. Get away quickly. The third door on the right should be far enough away.”
 
Heero nodded, silent, and ran back where they had come from, taking the fifth door to the left instead. Duo chuckled at that.
 
Duo stretched like he was about to run a race, which he was. He was gonna enter the code to arm the explosives and run like his life depended on it. Which it did. After his stretches, he put his back to the door and called, “Heero, it's gonna blow. Anyone on the other side of this door is gonna fry!” Then he turned around, punched the code, and started off at a dead run in under two seconds. He wasn't fast enough.
 
Heero listened for the beep that said it was armed and quickly covered his head. He could still hear Duo, though.
 
“Shit! He took too long!” Heero peered into the hall in time to see the door blow while Duo was still only 100 feet away. A chunk of the door was ripped off and slammed into Duo's back, knocking the braided boy down and shielding him from the worst of the blast.
 
Heero ducked back into the room as the blast reached his door and shrapnel was flung like knives where he'd been standing a moment before. When the hall cleared, he ran to where Duo was and shoved the door off of his friend.
 
“Baka! I could've run faster than that!”
 
Duo smiled weakly, “yeah, but the door would've missed you and you'd be dead meat.”
 
“Are you telling me you planned…”
 
“No! Just a happy accident!” Duo said with only slighlty less cheer than usual.
 
TBC…
 
Author's Note: Yeah, Duo would probably bleed to death in REAL life, but this isn't and he's a Gundam boy - he'll get over it! (In response to reviews saying that he would have died from the stakes through his wrists.)
 
Please review! I don't have anymore written, but…I could think of some things. I have other ideas that I could incorporate into this one… (I know it's short - forgive me!)