Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Pain of Life ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I could never own Gundam Wing. Although I can dream can't I?

Rating: R and higher.

Pairings: We'll see.

Author's Note: I got one review, and figured......Eh. That's enough for me to write something. So I'm thanking the one person who reviewed. Hope I get more.

------------------------------

"Mommy?", Wufei asked again, this time slowly walking in.

His ebony eyes were locked onto the bed, where his mother laid. With a sob escaping from his throat, Wufei ran over to the bed to climb onto it next to his mother. Finally reaching the room, Duo stopped in the doorway to take in the scene inside. Wufei sat next to his mother who laid perfectly still, blank eyes staring up at the ceiling. He stepped into the room, noticing the broken alcohol bottle on the floor. From the looks of it, the bottle dropped from her hand. Staring up at the now sobbing boy, Duo noticed the empty bottle of pills lying next to the still form. He looked back at the spilled alcohol and then back to the body of his 'stepmother' and Duo's face grew a smile.

"She killed herself.", he said low enough for only himself to hear, "She actually killed herself."

The braided boy began to laugh, his eyes staring at the motionless woman on the bed.

"I can't believe the bitch actually killed herself."

He continued with his laughter, holding on to the wall as his laughter made him double over; tears in his eyes.

Tear-brimmed eyes looked up and glared at his brother, who was still giggling to himself. Fist tightening around the clothing of his mother's shirt, he fought to hold back those tears that threatened to fall.

"Stop laughing!", he yelled, giving a sob a chance to escape, "It's not funny! I hate you! It's all your fault!"

Duo stopped laughing at the words, moving away from the wall and towards the small figure on the bed. If he had heard correctly, Wufei had actually raised his voice at him. This was not acceptable. Reaching out Duo grabbed his brother, jerking him forward to meet the boy eye to eye. His cold glare made Wufei's own glare become replaced with wide frightened eyes. Whimpering as Duo's hand pulled back, he cried out in pain as he was harshly back slapped, the force of it violently turning his head.

"Don't you fucking yell at me again!", Duo cried making Wufei try and shrink away.

But he only grabbed onto the boy's clothes tighter, drawing him until his feet dangled above the floor.

"Do you understand me?", Duo asked in a menacing whisper, "Glare at me one more time and I'll make sure you end up like your fucking mother. Got that?!"

Jumping with a startled gasp at the boom in Duo's voice, Wufei hurriedly nodded his head.

At the movement in the doorway Wufei was soon looking to over Duo's shoulder. David was standing just before it and Wufei noticed his father's red-rimmed eyes, meaning he had skipped work for the bar again. Catching site of the scene in front of him, he clumsily made is way in, grabbing on to the wall when he nearly fell.

"What the fuck is going on here?", he slurred, catching Duo's attention and causing the boy to turn his head to look at him.

He dropped his brother, allowing the boy to cut himself on the broken glass and he turned to meet his father's drunken gaze.

"Dad.", Duo said, ignoring Wufei's whimpers of pain, "When did you get home?"

Looking at the floor to where his son now laid, clutching onto a bleeding hand, he looked back to Duo. Although it seemed to them as if he noticed things, the alcohol in his blood was too strong for him to remember anything after thirty seconds later.

"What's the matter with you two? And why the fuck are you home so early?!"

"School finished.", Wufei said in a low voice, making his father mumble something and then turn away.

Upon hearing Duo's laughter, David turned back to look at his eldest son.

"What the hell's so funny?"

At his father's question Duo looked to him, trying his best to tell him in between laughs.

"Dad you're not gonna believe this, but the bitch actually killed herself."

Face contorting to a look of confusion, David shrugged his shoulders. Knowing that his father's drunken stupor had kept him from getting the message, Duo stepped to the side and pointed to the bed. And finally catching site of his wife, David broke out of his drunken state, giving a distraught cry before clumsily making his way to the bed. In his haste he ended up pushing Duo out the way hard enough that he fell to the floor. He knelt by the side of the bed and grabbed hold of his wife's dead body. Looking up at his father from his place on the floor, Duo glared as the man sobbed over the dead woman. With red eyes David turned to Wufei who was now whimpering, catching site of the boy's bleeding hand.

"What the fuck happened to you?", he asked, croak in his voice.

Looking to his brother who glared back at him, he looked back at his father.

"I cut myself on the glass.", he said in a low voice, eyes traveling to the floor.

"Just exactly how did the glass cut you?"

Though he went to tell his father what had happened, Wufei was instead cut off by the man.

"And don't try to lie to me!", his father yelled making Wufei jump and cower away, "Now tell me how that happened!"

Whimpering, Wufei ignored Duo's threatening glares, before telling his father what he wanted to hear.

"Duo did it!", he cried, his father sighing before slowly standing up from his place by the side of the bed.

Still glaring at the boy, Duo turned to look at his father who stood staring down at the body of Wufei's mother. The same body he was holding and crying over only moments before. He had never hugged or cried for his mother when she had killed herself. What did the Chinese slut have that his mother didn't? Hateful thoughts continued to run through his mind until his father's voice broke them from it.

"Did you hurt your brother, Duo?", he asked in a threatening tone, his back facing the two boys.

Duo shook his head no and began to slowly slide back away from his father.

"I didn't do anything, he did it himself."

Looking over his shoulder at the boy still on the floor, he curled his hands into fist. Since he knew that as a sign of danger, Duo looked up at his father, eyes wide with fear.

"Dad please.", Duo begged, sliding away some more, "I didn't do it, honest. He fell on the glass. It wasn't my fault he hurt himself when he fucking fell. I'm sorry. Please dad don't hit me."

Turning to face the violet eyed boy, David walked over glaring down at him.

"If you didn't do it, then why are you sorry?", he asked, moving closer as Duo backed away farther.

"I don't know!", the boy yelled, vision blurring from tears.

The little bitch was so dead after this.

"Dad I didn't cut him!"

"Don't fucking lie to me!", David cried grabbing Duo up, hand roughly going across Duo's face, "What the hell have I told you about hurting your brother?!"

Throwing down the now crying teenager, he watched as he cowered into the wall.

"No dad stop please!", Duo sobbed watching as his father strode towards him, hands up to block off anything that came next, "I'm sorry! Stop it! I'm sorry!"

Seeing his father remove his belt, Duo quickly covered his face, crying out and sobbing as the hard leather made contact with his back. Wufei was on the other side of the room, watching in horror as his father continuously beat his brother. He didn't like it when daddy was angry and him being drunk only made it worse. Unable to watch as his father beat the hell out of his older brother, he ran out of the room, slamming the door closed behind him. Sitting across from the door, the ebony haired boy closed his eyes tightly, chin resting on his knees. Hands covering his ears, he rocked back and forth, singing a song in Mandarin his mother had taught him. He sang it every time he was sad or in this case to block out Duo's screams.

Still able to hear them, Wufei rocked back and forth harder, singing louder as he started to cry. Sobs racking his body, he jumped when he felt someone grab his hand. Looking up, he stared into his father's eyes, instantly stifling his sobs.

"This is gonna burn.", his father said in a low voice, pouring rubbing alcohol onto the gash on Wufei's palm.

The ten year old boy only whimpered, biting his lip to keep from crying out and clenching his eyes shut. Sighing and opening his eyes as the pain passed, he looked over his father's shoulder. The door to the room was closed. Was Duo still inside?

"There you go.", his father said finishing in wrapping Wufei's hand.

Looking at the boy with a smile, he kissed Wufei on the forehead.

"You'll be alright.", he said standing as he ruffled Wufei's hair, that was in need of another haircut, "You're a big boy right?"

Wufei managed a smile back to his father and he nodded watching when his father went to walk down the steps. His curiosity brought his attention back to the closed door, where Wufei heard the stifled sobs of his brother, causing him to get up and walk towards it. Slowly opening the door, he stepped in, looking to the bed first. His mother's body was now covered by the sheets, the glass on the floor now cleaned up. Black eyes caught his brother still curled up on the floor, face hidden by his arms as he silently sobbed. Wufei cautiously stepped closer. Duo had been wearing a black wife beater, making it easy for the belt of his father to reach exposed skin. Now the swollen welts showed a bright pink, some were red, and the young Chinese boy winced at the site.

"Duo...."

He was cut short when he found Duo's head snapped up at the sound of his voice. Eyes widening as he caught site of Duo's face, he took a step back in shock. There were welts on Duo's face, a dark bruise forming by his temple and along with that he had both a bleeding lip and nose. Staring at the boy, Duo breathed heavily, anger building inside him. Sniffling he wiped his nose with the back of his hand, looking down to see the blood. He could taste it from his burst lip.

"Duo I..."

"You little shit! I'm going to fucking kill you!", he yelled scrambling up and running after the boy who dashed out of the room.

Running down the steps, Wufei made his way to the living room in search of his father. Although he couldn't be exactly sure whose side he'd be on now. Finding it empty he stopped, knowing that if he turned back now, he'd run right into Duo. So he was going to get it either way. Wanting to turn back he was instead knocked on the head, eyes widening in pain as he gave out a cry. He fell to the floor and rolled onto his back only to be met with a kick to his lip. Knowing that it was now bleeding, he could only lie there as his body was repeatedly hit against, soon growing numb. His ears started ringing as Duo's fist made contact with his head and he only stared up at the violet eyed boy, who was now growing blurry. Seeing Duo's lips mutter something he didn't make out, darkness was brought to him with one last kick to his head.

T.B.C.

Another chapter for the one person who reviewed and any one else who actually tried to read it. I hope I get reviews.