Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Parallel World ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Parallel World

Disclaimer: I don't own anything that pertains to the Gundam Wing series. That means I don't own the characters or the Gundams; only the one's I made up belong to me. So please don't sue me or anything like that. I'm not a bad person, really I'm not.

AN: Okay, I gave you the synopsis already. What I didn't tell you is that this is the sequel to my first fic, "Secret Society," so you should read that one first. The story will make a whole lot more sense that way. And, this in non-yaoi. Other than that, please read and review.

Part 1: Prologue
Part 2: Mysterious Vanishing
Part 3: Escape Castle Hawford
Part 4: Tyranny's Leader
Part 5: Prison Breach
Part 6: First Confrontation
Part 7: Inside Help
Part 8: Putting Things in Perspective
Part 9: Blown Cover
Part 10: Secret Weapon
Part 11: Final Conflict
Part 12: End Game
Part 13: Homecoming

Part 1: Prologue
The year is after Colony 200. The war between Earth and the Colonies has long been over, Dekim and Operation Meteor have been come to an end, and the Amazons and General Charsen are gone. Battles will always appear, but the Earth Sphere United Nation (ESUN) and the Preventor's Military Instillation (PMI) will be there to stop it. Peace has finally become reality.

***

"We're here," shouted Quatre Raberba Winner, who was running down the hospital hall with his wife, Dorothy Catalonia Winner. They met up with Lady Une, Mariemaia Kushrenada, Trowa Barton, Cathrine Bloom, Sylvia Noventa, Duo Maxwell, Hilde Maxwell, Chang Wufei, and Loo Sai Mee.

"How is she?" inquired Dorothy.

"Lucrezia is doing fine, but we're all very anxious," replied Lady Une. "She's been in there for nearly three hours."

"I'm going to get some coffee. Would anyone else like some?" Relena asked.

"Yes, please," responded Duo and Quatre at the same time.

A few minutes later, Heero Yuy made his casual appearance. "Is Lucrezia doing fine?"

Everyone was startled by his sudden appearance, but they soon recovered. Trowa answered, "She's fine."

"Is Relena here?"

Wufei said, "She's with Lucrezia."

"Zechs and Sally didn't make it here yet?"

"No. He better get here soon."

The minutes passed slowly. Two people stormed through the doors like a gust of wind. "Where is she?" asked Zechs in a hurry.

"In curtain 2. Go quickly," retorted Lady Une. "I don't know how much longer she can stand the pain."

He ran down the corridor nearly running over a nurse. Pushing the doors in, Zechs dashed to his wife's side. Kneeling besides her, he announced, "Lucrezia! I got here as quickly as I could."

"I'm just glad you're...ahh!" cried Lucrezia in pain.

"What's wrong?" asked Zechs with worry.

"She's just having a contraction. She'll be fine. Now let's get you changed," says Relena to her older brother.

***

Outside in the waiting room, the group carries on a conversation. "Can you believe it's February 19th already?" said Quatre.

"Time really does fly by when there is peace. I can still remember all the wars we had to go through to reach this point," commented Hilde.

"I was the cause of one of them," said Mariemaia guiltily.

"And I was the cause of another," added Dorothy.

"Don't be so hard on yourselves," said Sally Po. "That's all in the past. Both of you have good hearts. We don't blame you for anything. You're our friends."

"That's right. The real evils ones were Dekim Kushrenada and Shavilla Charsen," added Sai Mee.

"Enough talking about all this bad stuff. We should be happy for Zechs and Lucrezia," said Cathrine.

With smiles on their faces, Relena and the doctor emerged from the room. "Lucrezia has given birth to a healthy baby boy."

Everyone shouted and shook each other's hands. "Can we see her?" asked Sally.

"Of course," said the doctor.

They all rushed into the delivery room and crowded their friend.

"Congratulations," shouted everyone.

"Thank you," the new parents said.

"So, how do you feel?" asked Hilde.

"I can honestly say that the pain was everything that mothers say it is, but once you see your child and hold him in your arms, all of the agony fades. All you feel is love and joy," answered Lucrezia.

"How does it feel to be a father?" asked Duo with a laugh.

"Better than any anything you could imagine," Zechs responded from his seat on the bed next to his new family.

"I guess the Earth Sphere Unified Nation and the Preventors will have to do without both of you," stated Relena to Zechs and Lucrezia.

"I guess so. But, we can still visit once in a while," said Zechs.

"Have you thought of a name for your baby yet?" inquired Trowa.

"No. Do any of you have any suggestions?" said Lucrezia.

"How about Duo? I don't mind sharing my name," said Duo.

"No way," Hilde laughs, "We wouldn't want another Duo making trouble."

"How's Geraldo?" They all make a disgusted face at that suggestion.

"That's horrible. Try Dilbert?"

"No. Kramer?"

"Ralph," suggested Heero.

"Ralph...I like it. Where did you come up with that name?" asked Lucrezia.

"It's my real name. To be exact, it was Ralph Kurt."

"Well, I think it is a perfect name," said Lucrezia.

"Ralph it is. Our son's name will be Ralph Peacecraft Merquise. You don't mind the middle name, Lu?" Zechs questioned his weary wife.

"Not at all," she said with a yawn.

"I think it's time we let Lucrezia get some rest," said Lady Une.

They all left their friend and returned to their usual lives.

AN: That's the first part. It really has nothing to do with the rest of the story, but I thought it would be nice to start it with something happy. I'm not sure is that is Heero's real name, some other people don't think so, but I do so, yeah. Okay, that's it. Read the next chapter.