Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Parallel World ❯ Escape Castle Hawford ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything that pertains to the Gundam Wing series. That means I don't own the characters or the Gundams; only the one's I made up belong to me. So please don't sue me or anything like that. I'm not a bad person, really I'm not.

AN: Okay, in this chapter, Relena tries to explain what has happened in her world. It's kinda a 'what if the Gundams didn't win the war between Earth and the Colonies.' Don't want to ruin it anymore, read.

Part 3: Escape Castle Hawford
Relena sat patiently on the chair which was next to the bed in her lavishly furnished room. She stared at the floor in silence. "Tomorrow I will die. This is how my life will end: a tool used to strike fear in the hearts of people. How could I let that monster rule? How could I let the people down? I'd cry but I have no tears left. At least I'll be with the people I love..."

She got up and lay on her bed with the intention of sleeping the last hours of her life away. But as she began to fall under, a hand over her mouth woke her up. She opened her eyes to find Heero standing in front of her. Her eyes opened wide and a look of shock covered her face.

"Don't scream," advised Heero. Relena nodded and Heero removed his hand.

"Heero?" she managed to say though still in shock.

"Yes and no," he replied, "I don't have time to explain. Getting you out of here is more important. You have to trust me."

She was reluctant at first, but she soon gave in. "All right. What do you propose we do?"

"Their troops should be coming soon. We have to get to their hangar. Just stay behind me and watch your back." He handed her a pistol. She looked at the weapon as if it were a snake, ready to strike her at any moment. "I know how much you hate violence, but it is only a precaution. I'll do my best to protect you, but you have to take action in case something goes wrong." She nodded her head in agreement.

They stormed out of the room and ran through corridors and down staircases. Heero fired his rifle to ward off any intruder as Relena followed obediently behind his back. A group of Amazons blocked their path towards their destination. Waves of blasts flew past their way. Heero took out a grenade and hurled it in their direction. He grabbed Relena's hand and they forced their way through the blockade.

"I hope you don't mind being cramped in a Griffon with me," he commented to Relena as they make their way to the mobile suit.

"I'd gladly be stuck in a mobile suit with you than trapped in that castle for one more minute," she returns with a smile.

They raced into the cockpit of a Griffon with Relena sitting on Heero's lap. He quickly started up the suit, and immediately after they emerged from the hangar, a small group of other Griffons were ready to take them down. Heero ignited his beam saber and attacked the first opponent. The hard sizzle of metal being sliced caused Relena to shut her eyes and tighten her grip on Heero. He then took out the other Griffons with ease as if he were fighting the air. With the Griffon's engines on full blast, Heero plotted a course for Giza, where the other pilots were patiently awaiting his arrival.

***

The four Gundam Pilots sat around a campfire sipping from their cups of some coffee. They have been waiting for Heero for nearly five hours.

"I wonder how much longer Heero will take," said Quatre. "I hope nothing has happened to him."

"You don't have to worry about him, Quatre," said Trowa, "You should know by now that Heero has a way of always surviving the toughest of situations."

"Looks like we don't have to wait any longer," Wufei remarked as he looked up into the starry sky. The others looked up at a spark of fire traveling in their direction. The all stood to greet their friend and his guest.

"We were just talking about how late you are," Duo stated with a grin at his friend. "And look. You didn't even bring me back a souvenir from the gift shop." He stopped his fooling around to glance at Relena who had a bewildered expression on her face. "Hello Relena. You look kind of funny. Are you all right?"

"You're all...all...alive!"

"Well, of course we are. We've nearly been killed a few more times than I like, but as you can see we are still here," retorted Duo.

"But how is this possible?"

"We believe that we were somehow transported from our dimension into this parallel one. This is about all we can tell you because this is all we know. We are just as confused as you are," stated Quatre.

"Why did you save me?"

"I saved you because you are important to the people and I believe you can help us understand this world," responded Heero.

"Oh," Relena sighed. She was ecstatic that Heero had once again showed up out of nowhere to save her. She had dreamed of seeing him since the end of the first war, since the last time she thought she would ever see him. When he showed up, all of the old feelings for him that she locked away were once again released, especially her love and hope. But, once again, she was just a mission to him, nothing more, and once again, her hopes were dashed. Pushing away her confusing thoughts and emotions, she asked, "how can I help?"

"You can tell us what has happened that leads up to now," said Trowa.

"Okay. I guess I can start from the time you pilots died."

"Excuse me? Did you say died? Because the God of Death can't die," Duo said surprised.

"You all were killed four years ago at the final battle between Earth and the Colonies. The White Fang lead by my brother and the Earth Sphere lead by Treize Kushrenada were battling for the future of the world. Wufei had killed Treize and my brother and Heero were fighting each other on Libra. The space station was on a collision course for Earth when Peacemillion, which had crashed into it, pushed it back into space. Unfortunately, a piece of Libra was being hurled towards Earth which would cause an endless winter.

"This all sounds exactly the way things occurred in our world," said Trowa.

"All the Gundams had boarded the falling piece and began to demolish what they could. Although you all managed to destroy part of the piece, it was not enough to stop the effects of its collision."

"In our world I gave Heero his Twin Buster Cannon which he used to obliterate the section," interrupted Wufei.

"I'm afraid Heero's cannon was destroyed in a battle. There was only one choice left: to self-detonate. At a precise moment, all six Gundams self-detonated and the Earth was saved. But, we lost all five of you and Zechs." Relena closed her eyes and took a moment to gather her thoughts.

All the boys looked at her in disbelief. They always believed they were somewhat invincible that it never occurred to them that they could die. Duo broke the silence by saying, "You're joking, right? I mean you can't kill the God of Death."

"I'm afraid you all perished. But that's not the end. Peace had spread throughout the whole world. All weapons and mobile suits were destroyed and the people lived contentedly. A year after the end of the war, a colony decided to end that harmony."

"Let me guess," cut in Quatre, "It was Mariemaia and Dekim?"

"You are correct. Mariemaia and Dekim went to war with the ESUN. We had no defenses other than the four Gundam suits made by Sally Po and Noin. Both of them including Lady Une and Dorothy set off in their Gundams and tried to hold back a second attempt at Operation Meteor. Despite their best efforts, they were no match for hundreds of Serpent mobile suits. I regret to say that only Dorothy survived; the others were killed in battle. With no opposition standing in their way, the Barton Foundation was able to take over ESUN very easily. I lost all my friends and they were threatening to massacre my people. I was forced to hand the government to Mariemaia. She turned the government into a monarchy where she and her close friends would benefit. She confined me to Castle Hawford and stripped all the officials of all their commodities and titles. All they were left with was the shirts on their backs. The economy dropped and the lives of the people began to falter. I thought that this was the worst thing that could happen; I was wrong. A year later the Amazons attacked the Barton Dynasty. They killed Mariemaia and any associated with her and established their own tyranny. Dorothy was their original leader, but her general, Shavilla Charsen, murdered the queen and is currently the reigning queen."

"Dorothy is dead!?" said Quatre. Relena looks at him with sympathy. "I'm sorry. It just sounds weird to hear Dorothy is dead. You see she is my wife in my dimension."

After giving a small smile of comfort to Quatre, Relena continued, "For two years, Shavilla has abused her power and destroyed any hope the people had left in their hearts. Different factions have broken out in protest of the monarchy. There have been little riots here and there but nothing serious enough to bring down the dictatorship. Meanwhile, I was still in my prison trying not to have a breakdown. I thought she had done everything to persecute the people, but she just keeps on surprising me with her black heart. Yesterday, she announced my execution only to kill any faith the people had left. I have to stop her, even if I lose my life trying."

"Do you mind telling me what has happened to Cathrine Bloom and Sylvia Noventa?" asked Trowa.

"I'm sorry to say that Cathrine was on Colony BJ22 where the Amazons exploded the colony. Sylvia died on a passenger shuttle on its way back to Earth," replied Relena.

"What about Sai Mee?" asked Wufei with worry.

"You mean Loo Sai Mee?"

"Yes."

"She is still alive, but I don't know why you would want to know how she is doing," said Relena spitefully. "She's Shavilla's general. She is just as responsible for the ravaged communities and families."

"The Sai Mee I know is nothing like that. She might have worked for Shavilla but she doesn't have an evil thought in her mind," Wufei shot back, the anger clearly evident in his voice. Heero gave Wufei one of his death glares, warning his Chinese comrade to watch it where Relena was concerned.

"You'll have to excuse my buddy here," broke in Duo. "Sai Mee is his girlfriend and she is one of our good friends, including one of your best friends."

"I apologize but things here are much different from what you say."

"Could you tell me what has happened to Hilde?" asked Duo with apprehension.

"Hilde is still alive, but she is being help captive at Lance Penitentiary. She is the leader of the largest group of opposers. She was captured and sentenced to three life sentences. Many of her followers have tried to break her out, but they were all unsuccessful."

"That settles it. I'm not going to let Shavilla get away with this. I'm going to take back the government from her," said Heero.

"I'm in," agreed Duo. The others gave their compliance as well.

"Duo, catch," shouted Heero as he tossed him his gun.

"What's this for?" Duo asked.

"You'll need it when you rescue Hilde. We're going to need her if we are going to save the people."

"All right. I'll rescue Hilde, and I'll do it in before dinner." Duo rushed off with Deathscythe Custom in the direction of the prison. "I hope she remembers me."

AN: Okay, so hopefully Relena explained it all. That's it.