Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Prisoner of War ❯ Opposites ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: Hola! I'm *still* sick, can you believe it? Thank you all that have been actually visiting the page and especially for commentary. I'll reply to it on the bottom. Anyway, another sweltering day in my little town of Fishers. Well it's growing really, really fast with big schools and all. Homecoming is tomorrow, and I really hope I'll make it to perform pregame. I almost passed out during marching band practice yesterday. Why does it seem like so long ago? Enough of my blathering! 1+2+1 as usual, and yes, more characters will be introduced in here eventually with more pairings. I don't own Gundam Wing! Enjoy!

Chapter Three

`Great, he wants to kill me. I should have known; after all he's not stupid especially with those intelligent-looking, dark blue eyes. Who gives a damn about his eyes?' Duo shook his head, attempting to clear his clouded mind. `And there I was, thinking that he might actually be warming up to me, enjoying my company even. Whatever it is, I guess it's his duty to do so. He doesn't know who I am, what I truly fight for, what the real story is. Even if I told him, would he believe my word? I gotta watch out for this guy; I find it so easy to talk with him. Hell, I even got a little smirk on his lips.' Releasing a deep breath, Duo cushioned his head with folded arms. "So how long will it take before you kill me?" he asked One, his eyes expressing no fear.

"When I deem it's necessary," responded the gundam pilot casually as if they were discussing the weather.

"If you would give me a heads up about it, that would be great. I think I deserve at least that much," spoke Duo, internally sarcastic. He had absolutely no intention to die.

"Hai," Heero agreed to his simple request, not truly believing the ease of acceptation Two had displayed. "Why were you there?" he questioned quietly.

"Why do you think?" Duo snorted. `I can't tell him the truth, not yet, not until I can be sure he would believe me, dammit!'

"You don't work for OZ," Heero concluded at last.

"What makes you so sure?" genuine interest shimmered in his blue-violet stare. `How does he know?'

"Too young,' replied dark-haired soldier.

Duo let out a low laugh, "Do you think they don't break laws?" he asked the Japanese man.

"You don't deny it," Heero pointed out.

"Nor do I admit anything," retorted the braided baka.

"You are good at deception," he nodded. `I want to know all about you, Two, everything. I must.'

"Who said I was deceiving anyone?" Realizing the trick, Duo shot back, grinning innocently.

"No one. I simply made an opinionated statement based on limited information," Heero drawled. "Now that you mention it, you are."

"Ah, tsk tsk… Opinions cannot be proven, and may be viewed as uncertainties when you have nothing left to go on. And those uncertainties are weaknesses." Duo's repetition of One's previous statement caused another small smirk to creep on One's black expression.

"It's a fact," he announced, positive though he provided no further information on his insights.

"I do believe Mr. One, that you have just contradicted yourself, Duo smiled proudly.

"No," Heero disagreed. "I said that saying you were good at deception was an opinion, however, the statement that you are trying to deceive me, is a fact."

"Oh shut up," Rolling his eyes, Duo flushed a light pink.

Stunned, Heero proclaimed, "Shut up?" He almost frowned.

"Yeah," Duo's brow furrowed. "Why? Do you not understand or something?"

"No one has ever told me that before," Heero admitted to the braided one. `Why do I continuously reveal information to this boy? He's the enemy.'

"Well," Duo's expression brightened considerably as a real smile lit the heart-shaped face, "I think you're warming up to me. Aww, I feel so special!" Duo giggled.

Heero uttered no more words as a silence settled in between the two strangers once more. It was not an awkward, uncomfortable silence, but rather the exact opposite, comfortable companionship. A gentle warmth slowly undulated sinuously through his body, spreading into his limbs, and something stirred in his brain. It was something his conscious mind was not ready to understand nor accept. Respect. It was grudging of course, but still . . .

"Tell me," Heero stared deeply into endless amethyst, the color pulling him in. "Tell me who you really are, Two."

"Why?" Duo asked hoarsely. "So you can kill me, get me out of your hair? Sorry to disappoint, but I refuse to accept death."

"Only if you give me a legitimate reason to," Heero spoke gently. "Tell me," he persisted.

`God, you have no idea how much I want to.' "Is this how you get information out of everyone? Does it work so well for you?" Duo accused, "because it won't work on me." He resisted, straining down every ounce of emotion that shrieked protests. Why where they protesting anyhow? `He irks me.'

"No."

"You don't want to know me; believe me," Duo shied away from his burning gaze. "I'm the God of Death; I am Shinigami, and everyone I know somehow winds up hurting."

"Why would you care?" confused, Heero asked.

Duo laughed at his own stupidity, "I have no idea," he shook his head in disbelief.

"Give me your real name," Heero requested. `Why do I want to know so badly?'

Duo could not bring himself to refuse the Prussian eyed pilot again, "Duo," he smiled weakly.

"Heero," he introduced himself on pure instinct, before his conscious mind could interfere with what he was intending to do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

So - like? Don't like? I don't like it . . . Reading over this I'm laughing at myself in misery. Was I high or something? Seriously, I recognize all these little weaknesses, but I'm not going to spend any time making any more changes until I get the whole story done. I've got enough things going on to make this last for at least (I think) ten more chapters. Did I mention that I have 18 already? If I did, the number flies out again. ^_^ I'm completely serious when I say this story begins to warp, straying completely away from this confusion.

* * *

Dewshine- Hi! Thank you so much for the review! I really appreciate people taking time out of their lives to do that, so I take lots of time out of mine to answer back. On ffn it can get ridiculous, but I so love all my reviewers! Oh look, I'm off rambling again. So anyway, confusing? Oh my gosh! Haha! I get it now!!! At first I really screwed up with the chapters thing, and they came out separately instead of together. The first chapter makes things a whole lot clearer. I'm so sorry! Yes, I would be really confused if I started from the I'm a prisoner part. I'm so embarrassed though. Thanks for a the great comments, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get to hear from you again!