Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Man ❯ Rainy Day Man ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi everyone… this is my first attempt at a death fic and a song fic but I'm trying my best. ^_^

Warnings: death (Heero), a little blood in beginning, sad

Rating: PG-13

Comments: Yes, this is my first attempt to a death fic and song fic. But I am hoping it came out well. And as always… please review! ^_^

[blah blah blah] = lyrics

~*~*~Rainy Day Man~*~*~

[ When I think about the first time
I thought I found someone who cared for me
But things were not as they appeared to be ]

/////////////dream sequence////////////

The shots rang out as 3 bullets hit his chest, the large body collapsing to the floor… a lost life over something so stupid.

"You have better get out of here fag boy before we shoot you and your pretty hair." The punk snorted.

Duo ran to Heero's side… picking up his limp body and running away, trying his hardest to save Heero's life. He knew his time was running out.

//////////////end dream/////////////

Duo awoke at 2:37 AM startled and sweating. It was the nightmare again. About that day, a year and a half ago. He sat up in bed and wiped his face with his hands… the other half of the bed empty like it has been for a while. Why… he would always ask himself… why…

Duo knew he had to get sleep… so he turned back over and closed his eyes… hoping he wouldn't have the dream again.

*~*~*

Duo got up very tired the next morning at 7 to his alarm clock and got into the shower. After that he got dressed in jeans and a t-shirt that said, "You laugh because I'm different… I laugh because you're all the same" and brushed out his hair… leaving it down instead of braiding it back. Today would be a painful day for him… the second time he'd gone and seen Heero since he was buried.

A year and a half since a gang shot his lover and almost him because they were holding hands in a public park. A year and a half since he had to wait in that emergency room… seeing if they could get enough blood into Heero's body fast enough to save him… but they couldn't.

//////flashback//////

"Mr. Maxwell?" The tall doctor says quietly after walking out of the ER door and into the waiting area. Duo looks up from his drawing of Heero… something he would do all the time. He would draw, paint, whatever he could get his hands on, but only of Heero.

"Yes?" Duo asks looking up at the doctor.

"I need to tell you about your friend, I'm sorry…" Duo's bright eyes suddenly became dark but grew wide, a sudden shock coming over him all at once. "You can say goodbye to him right now if you would like… he is at rest now."

Swallowing and looking away from the doctor Duo stood up and placed his hand to the door handle… readying himself for what he was about to see.

Duo walked in and time stood still for what felt like an eternity.

////////end of flashback///////

[ Rainy Day Man
On your shoulder I cried
When my first brush with love
Left me shaking inside
Rainy Day Man ]

Duo grabbed his keys and headed out to his car, a simple Honda Accord. He stepped in and turned it on… breathing deeply… calming himself for today. He started driving to the cemetery.

Duo quietly parked towards the back to not disturb the main street that was busy now. He walked up and through the gates… careful not to disturb other graves. Following the path back a little ways… past 10, 12 trees and bushes, every once in a while glancing at the graves to count how many more until he had to turn to Heero's grave. Duo stopped… his black boots silently touching on the small rock path in front of a medium sized grave. Heero's grave.

"Hey Heero… miss me? Aw what the hell am I talking about? I'm not even sure if you can hear me. Well… I've been listening to a song lately… every time I hear it I want to cry… and I do. It hurts that you're gone. I figured it would be me to die first."

[ Ever Since I can remember
Just like a brother you've been strong and true
Always been the one to see though ]

"Always the strong one, even through the war… after self destructing and living through that… I don't know how you did it but you're amazing." The wind started to pick up… making Duo's hair softly lay across his face as he sat down in-front of his love's grave. Duo looked up at the time is was starting to sprinkle a cool rain.

`Where'd that come from?' He thought to himself… but didn't care.

"Remember those times we'd go to the mall or park and I'd hang all over you? You'd hate it so much but then become sad if I stopped." Duo gave a slight chuckle at the memories as his eye lashes started to collect rain and tears. "Yeah… fun times…"

Duo just sat in the rain for a while… thinking about that night and how vivid his dream has been over this period of time. Bringing his knees up to his chest, Duo closed his eyes and pictured Heero. His unruly hair in the wind with a loose t-shirt and tight jeans on. Then he wished he had brought his sketchpad with him… he hadn't picked up the paper and pencil since Heero's death, but he thought he might be able to do it now… sine this was his last and final goodbye to his love.

"Hey, Heero, does it get lonely where ever you are? I wish I could talk to you one more time… or just touch you for 2 seconds… I'd do anything to be able to do that." The rain started coming down harder onto Duo but he didn't care.

[ Rainy Day Man
You've much more than a friend
I would give anything
Just to see you again
Rainy Day man ]

"You could always tell what I was thinking… and feeling. If I was sad you would know how to hug me the right way and if I was hyper you knew how to tire me out." Duo gave a wry smile at the thought but it quickly disappeared. "You were my best friend and my love… and no one can or will take your place… I promise."

[ Always been the one to see me though ]

"Yeah, those were good times…" Tears silently fell down Duo's face as the rain started to pour in heavy sheets… stinging his skin and back. Duo slowly stood up and kneeled in front of the grave for a few minuets… tracing his fingers over the letters- H-e-e-r-o Y-u-y… then the date… his mind engraved on that one last date… the last time he saw his love breathing and alive… the last time he held him.

[ Rainy Day Man
On your shoulder I cried
When my first brush with love
left me shaking inside ]

Duo stood up one last time and turned around…

[ Rainy Day Man
You're much more than a friend
I would give anything
just to see you again
Rainy Day Man
Rainy Day Man
Rainy Day Man
Rainy Day Man ]

He never returned…

/runs and hides/ Eeep! Don't hurt me! Just review. ^_^;;

-Pagan