Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Raptures of Paradise ❯ Karaoke night: Part 1 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, hope you like this, and this wets your appetite for the WHOLE story. Note,
I'm obviously a Non-Yaoi writer, and a person who tends to write sappy stories,
so if you don't like this kind of story, then GET OUT NOW!!! Also if you don't
care about karaoke fics, leave for that reason as well. Please note that I don't
own any of the characters except Nova. This does have a Sailor Moon crossover in
it. All songs in this chapter don't belong to me. Now, enjoy.

Gundam Wing: Raptures of Paradise
Chapter 10----------Karaoke Night: Part 1
By Sailor Celaeno

"How about you?" Wufei pointed at the first victim.
"Me?" asked Relena.
"Why not vice Minister? You are the host of the party. The honor is yours," Wufei explained.
"Well..."
"Oh do sing, Relena. You sound nice."
"Really? I've NEVER heard her sing, except when she was three. She was trying to sing 'the Alphabet Song'," replied Milliardo.
"Come on, Relena. Can't back out now. Wufei pretty much challenged you," agreed Hilde.
"Oh alright." Relena walked over to the Karaoke machine and stared at the hundreds of songs that the bar owned. After perusing for a few minutes, she smiled. "Hey, I love this song!" She pressed a few buttons to get the machine started. She turned on the mike and tested the microphone. "Hello? Okay good the mike's on."
"So what are you singing Relena?" asked Catherine who was excited to hear her sing. Heero was a little curious, but he remained his stoic self.
"A little Madonna." Relena seemed to be smirking in Heero's direction. He simply couldn't ignore that impish little look on her face.
'What are you up to?' Heero simply cocked an eyebrow. He sat in his chair that, coincidently enough, was not far from the 'stage'.
The familiar melody of "Beautiful Stranger" played and Relena began dancing along in a Madonna-esque style. A few people's jaws dropped at the sexy dance that she was doing.

<
You're some kind of beautiful stranger
You could be good for me
I've had a taste for danger>>

Relena began walking in a circle around Heero and teasingly rubbed her fingers up and down his arm. Then she returned towards the stage. "Wow, she's really getting into this," laughed Duo.

<
But I'm not so I guess I'll stay
Heaven forbid
I'll take my chance on a beautiful stranger>>

Relena did a couple of spins. She caught Heero's attention as she threw a sexy, pouty look at his direction. He had to admit that he'd never seen this side of her. Suffice it to say, he more than a little curious about what she was doing next.

<
You're everywhere I go
And everybody knows>>

Relena gave a little sexy walk towards Heero and sat on his lap. Milliardo was getting a little worried about how far she was going to take the seductive rendition. Heero began thinking about how warm it was getting in that room. The other pilots had big cheshire cat grins on their faces. "He's gonna get a real show," snickered Duo.
"Oh stop! You are SO bad!" Hilde playfully slapped his arm.
"I know babe." Duo planted Hilde a deliciously, wonderful kiss.

<
I've paid for you with tears
And swallowed all my pride>>

She found Heero's lap comfortable and draped her free arm around his neck. She teased his hair with her left hand, while her right held onto the microphone. Duo's amused laughter could be heard. "I must remember to hurt that
baka later," Heero thought when something took his mind off revenge on Duo.

<
Beautiful stranger
Da-da-dum dadum da da dadum!
Beautiful stranger>>

Relena swayed a little in his lap, and playfully bounced on his lap on the last two lines. She blew in his ear and promptly left the comfortable seat. Heero could hear Duo laughing at him. A few new chuckles could be heard. Heero forgot about them and kept staring at Relena who was still singing.

<
But I'm not so I guess I'll stay
Haven't you heard
I fell in love with a beautiful stranger

I looked into you face
My heart was dancing all over the place
I'd like to change my point of view

If I could just forget about you>>

She did another couple of spins and continued dancing. She began jumping up and down like a head banger for the next part.

<
You're everywhere I go
And everybody knows>>

She did another walk around Heero and rubbed his arm with her soft, velvety fingertips. "Go Relena!" Dorothy shouted. Relena smiled and Heero seemed to have a semi-jealous look as he saw Relena walk towards a cackling Duo. Hilde had an amused look on her face. Relena lightly touched Duo's cheek with her gentle fingertips singing:

<
And my world came tumbling down
You're the devil in disguise
That's why I'm singing this song>>

Heero glared Duo a little. Duo shrugged his shoulders with a sheepish look on his face. "What can I say? The ladies love me!" Duo teased. Heero glared again before turning back to Relena who was dancing to the rest of the song.

<
You're everywhere I go
And everybody knows

I've paid for you with tears
And swallowed all my pride

Da-da-da-dum da-dum dadadum
Beautiful stranger
Da-da-da-dum da-dum dadadum
Beautiful Stranger>>

"Whoohoo Relena!" clapped Duo. Relena bowed. She had a huge grin on her face.
"Didn't think you had it in you," smiled Lucrezia.
"Well, I had a little inspiration." Heero still couldn't believe what Relena had just done and he could only stare at her dumbfounded. He couldn't believe how sexy she really was. He began chastising himself for letting any possible feelings for her start to bubble. "So who's next?"
Everyone was silent. They didn't think they could outdo her interesting performance. "All right then. Time to eat your words Wufei. You're up!" She handed him the mike.
"What??? I don't want to go next!" Wufei crossed his arms stubbornly.
"All right, I'll go next!" Sally grabbed the mike and ran to the karaoke machine.
"What?? You're going next?" Wufei asked with fury.
"Why not? You don't want to. Relena has been my inspiration for this song." Sally pressed a few buttons.
Color drained from Wufei's face. "Oh God!" He fought the urge to rave. "INJUSTICE!!!!! See what your woman has done to my Sally?" Wufei glared at Heero.
Relena blushed. "Me? Heero's woman?"
"Oh stop it Wufei. Just get over it," Heero returned the glare.
The music began playing.

<
Gonna let it all hang out
Wanna make some noise-really raise my voice
Yeah, I wanna scream and shout>>

Sally's hips swayed to the beat of the song. Wufei's face got a little red.

<
get a little outta line
I ain't gonna act politically correct
I only wanna have a good time>>

Sally stripped off her army jacket. She swung the jacket as she sang and chucked it at Wufei on the last line. He got a little jealous as Duo whistled. "Go Sally!"

<
is the prerogative to have a little fun and...

Oh, oh, oh go totally crazy-forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts-short skirts
Oh, oh, oh really go wild-yeah, doin' it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action-feel the attraction
Color my hair-do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman>>

Sally did a little sexy walk towards Duo teasingly. Everyone laughed except a seething Wufei. He threw a death glare at Duo who only stuck his tongue out. "Yeah, move that money maker Sal!" shouted Hilde. Sally smiled as she made her way back to the stage.

<
The chance to get out on the town
We don't need romance-we only wanna dance
We're gonna let our hair hang down>>

All the girls were singing along as her back-up singers. The guys only sweat dropped as their dates for the evening seemed to be rebelling against them. Soon Hilde, Relena, and Dorothy joined Sally on stage. Lucrezia and Catherine stayed in their seats to clap along.

<
Is the prerogative to have a little fun and...

Oh, oh, oh, got totally crazy-forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts-short skirts
Oh, oh, oh, really go wild-yeah, doin' it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action-feel the attraction
Color my hair-do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!>>

The back-up singers danced along, and Sally began her sexy walk. This time towards Wufei. He wasn't as angry, but looked a little relieved that she was giving him the attention.

<
is the prerogative to have a little fun and...

Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy-forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts-short skirts
Oh, oh, oh, really go wild-yeah, doin' it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action-feel the attraction
Color my hair-do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!>>

Sally gently stroked his face with her free hand before she danced backwards to the stage.

<
Can you feel it
Come, come, come on baby
I feel like a woman>>

Everyone clapped at Sally. She sauntered over to Wufei who was sitting on a couch with Trowa and Catherine. "How was I?"
"You... you..." he stared up at her. He stood up to face her. "I think you were great."
Sally smiled. "Thank you." She leaned forward to give him a kiss.
"Who's next?" asked Relena, who was pouring some tea into her cup.
"I'll go," said a voice. They all stared as a strange blond woman appeared. "I'm sorry I'm late Cathy, but the traffic was a pain."
"That's alright Midii," reassured Cathy.
Trowa simply stared at this woman. It was Midii Une. The girl that he had met years ago when he was Nanashi. The traitor spy who destroyed a part of his life that took him a long time to move past. He failed to notice the gentle look she had given him as she took her place on stage. She pressed a few buttons and the machine played. She looked towards the sea of faces that were before her. She recognized only two, Catherine Bloom and Trowa Barton. She breathed deeply as the music began to play.

<
Crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy
Crazy for feeling so blue>>

Everyone became more sedate as Midii sang solemnly to the old country ballad. "She's a good singer," whispered Hilde to Quatre, who sat on one side of her.
"I know. But this song is kinda depressing."
"It is," sighed Duo, who drank his tea.

<
You'd love me as long as you wanted
And then someday
you'd leave me for somebody new>>

Sally sighed a little at the words. Wufei glanced over and got worried. "I won't leave you, Sally."
She looked at him. "Of course you'll stay. I'm just sad because this song is depressing."

<
Why do I let myself worry
Wondr'in
what in the world did I do>>

Relena, who sat next to Heero, ended up leaning her head on his shoulder. He looked over and could hear the soft sighing from Relena. He ended up wrapping an arm around her. She snuggled a little closer to him.
Milliardo handed Lucrezia some tissues. Her hormones were going haywire on her already.

<
For thinking my love would hold you
I'm crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
crazy for lovin' you>>

Trowa stared at her. "Clever, Midii. You're trying to make me
feel sorry for you, aren't you?" He drank a little tea, and then placed his cup
back on the table. "It's not going to work. Two can play at this game."

<
For thinking my love would hold you
I'm crazy for tryin'
Crazy for cryin'
Crazy for lovin' you>>

Everyone clapped as she left the stage to sit with Catherine.
"I'm glad you could make it."
"I know. I as afraid I couldn't make it."
"This is my brother, Trowa."
"Your brother?
"Yes."
"Well Nanashi, we meet again. It's Trowa? I like that name,"
Midii smiled good-naturedly.
"Yes, it has Midii. And not long enough," he said icily.
"You've met her?" Catherine asked with curiosity.
"Yes. A long time ago."
"Oh. I do want to know about that..." began Catherine.
"Hey Cathy? You want to go?" asked Quatre.
"Sure." Catherine left Midii and Trowa alone on that couch. They
remained silent as Catherine set the song for her performance. The haunting
melody was soon played.
"Is this another sad song?" asked Duo. Hilde jabbed him and
Catherine smiled.

<
I wore the time like a dress that year.
The autumn days swung soft around me,
like cotton on my skin>>

Catherine looked at Trowa with deep love in her eyes. Trowa
smiled for her sake, despite the fact that he was sitting next to someone he
wanted to be far away from. He had no intention of letting Midii ruin this
relaxing atmosphere with friends.

<
lost their breath and disappeared
My heart went cold and
only hollow rhythms resounded from within>>

Hilde whispered to Duo, "That's how I felt when I was gone from
you."
Duo looked at her with his brilliant, violet eyes twinkling with
life. "Don't think about that anymore. You're here with me and that's the way
it'll stay." He kissed her forehead as they turned back to listen.

<
brilliant as the moon in full.
And sank in the burrows of my keep

And all my armor falling down,
in a pile at my feet.
And my winter giving way to warm,
as I'm singing him to sleep.>>

Trowa began to think about how happy he was with Catherine. The
sister who loved him so much. The only one he ever needed love from. Midii
watched Catherine singing. "What can I do for him now? I can't stop wondering
what will happen next."

<
Gentle on the surface of his thoughts
his body floats.
Unweighed down by passion or intensity.
Yet unaware of the depth upon which he coasts.>>

"Is it me, or does that sound just like Trowa exactly?"
whispered Sally to Relena.
"Funny. That was what I was thinking," Relena smiled.
Heero couldn't help but like the way she was smiling just now.
It has that tender happiness in its warmth. He soon turned back to Catherine and
continued to mentally scold himself about getting emotionally attached to
Relena.

<
For what misfortune sows,
he knows my touch will reap.

And all my armor falling down,
in a pile at my feet.
And my winter giving way to warm,
as I'm singing him to sleep.>>

"Why can't you trust me Heero?"
"Why can't you let me in Trowa?"

<
in a pile at my feet.
And my winter giving way to warm,
as I'm singing him to sleep.>>

The song ended and Catherine returned to her seat. "Hey Cathy!"
said Duo.
"Yes, Duo?"
"You and Trowa ARE related. That was the most philosophical song
I've ever heard."
Catherine laughed a little. "I suppose so."
"Can I go next?" asked Milliardo.
"You want to?" asked Relena.
"Sure. I think I'm going to lighten up the mood a little."
"Alright," said Relena. She was getting a little suspicious with
that grin on his face. He was planning on something.
He went to look at the machine. A smile curled his lips as he
found the song. "Perfect. Hope this will get everyone excited."
"Oh, I gotta see this," laughed Duo in return.
The music began to play after a few moments.

<Get your motor running
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
In whatever comes your way>>

Milliardo began staring at the ladies with a very sexy look on
his face. All of them, except Relena, were affected by it. "Oh God!" she held
her hand on her forehead and shook her head.
The pilots were more than annoyed at the attention the
attractive soon-to-be groom was getting. Heero was just irritated at Milliardo's
display.

<
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once and
Explode into space>>

Heero suddenly had the desire to press the self-destruct button.
The pilots were getting annoyed at how their dates were fawning over Milliardo.
Trowa was even annoyed when Midii was staring at the blond, rock wonder gyrating
with a leather jacket he coincidently brought with him. Lucrezia finally took
her eyes off of her fiancée when she heard Hilde and Sally wishing they could
have him as a boyfriend. "Hey! He's going to marry ME tomorrow! Don't forget
that!" That didn't make Duo or Wufei any happier.

<
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' in the wind
And the feeling that I'm under>>

"Hilde?" Duo stared at his girlfriend. She had a dreamy-eyed
look as she watched Milliardo moving across the stage. "Damn it! I'll show YOU
who's the sexiest guy around here Zechs!" seethed Duo.

<
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never want to die
Born to be wild
Born to be wild>>

Milliardo finished his Steppenwolf impression and sat back down
to the cheers of all the ladies in the room. "I'm NEXT!!!!!!" said Duo fiercely.
He fumbled through the songs until a huge grin spread across his face. "Hey
Hilde, sit up here."
"Why?" she asked suspiciously.
"Come on," he waved her over as she reluctantly sat in an empty
chair near the stage. The music played. Duo began stripping off his jacket and
threw it to Hilde. He began grooving along to the music and the ladies simply
had to clap along to the famous Rod Stewart classic.

<

She sits all alone waiting for suggestions
He's so nervous avoiding all the questions
His lips are dry, her heart is gently pounding
Don't you just know exactly what they're thinking>>

Hilde couldn't help laughing and feeling a little embarrassed at
the same time as Duo gave her a little butt wiggle to the chorus. "Oh dear God!"
she sweat dropped. The ladies were showering the singer with "whoo-hoo's!"

<
Come on sugar let me know
If you really need just reach out and touch me
Come on baby tell me so
Tell me so baby>>

Milliardo got irritated when Lucrezia was happily singing along.
"You will pay dearly Maxwell," said Wufei and Heero.
"Why does Duo have to be such a showoff?" asked Trowa.
"That's just the way he is," Quatre replied. He moved over to
get away from a screaming Dorothy. Midii, Catherine, and Sally joined Dorothy.
Relena and Hilde were also sitting by the other women.

<
Come on honey let's spend the night together
Now hold on a minute before we go much further
Give me a dime so I can phone home my mother
They catch a cab to his high-rise apartment
At last he can tell her exactly what his heart meant>>

Hilde couldn't stand just sitting there watching him. She ran up
to rub against him. He cocked and eyebrow and smiled a little devilishly. All
the ladies began singing the chorus along with Duo.

<
Come on honey tell me so
If you really need me just reach out and touch me
Come on sugar let me know>>

"I'm going next," said Quatre to Trowa.
"If you can get these onna to stop screaming for Duo or Zechs,
I'll be eternally grateful," said Wufei.
"I know," sighed Quatre as he stared at Dorothy gawking at Duo.
By this time, Duo and Hilde did a mini tango to the music when he wasn't
singing.

<Two total strangers but that ain't what they're thinking
Outside it's cold, misty, and it's raining
They got each other neither one's complaining
He says I'm sorry but I'm out of milk and coffee
Never mind sugar we can watch the early movie>>

"How long is this stupid song anyway?" said Zechs over the women
who were just cheering him five minutes ago.
"Just one more chorus and a big finish," replied Trowa with an
unusually loud voice.

<
Come on sugar let me know
If you really need me just reach out and touch me
Come on honey tell me so

If you really need me just reach out and touch me
Come on sugar, let me know>>

He purred the lyrics as he sang the finale. "Duo is so great!"
sighed Hilde and Sally.
"Yeah, I wish I could hear someone sing to me like that," said
Dorothy as she blushed with the other girls looking at her.
"She wants someone to sing to her like that..." thought Quatre.
He began to brainstorm a little on his performance.

<
Just let me know
Just reach out and touch me
Come on sugar let me know
If you, if you, if you really need me
Just come and tell me so>>

Duo panted after that VERY energetic performance. Hilde hugged
him and they went back to their seats. "Wow! I didn't think I could pull it
off!"
"Say can we go on a bathroom break? I really need to go!" whined
Catherine. She had drank a lot of tea. In fact, a few of the others agreed and
they all left for the bathroom. Everyone, except Quatre, Wufei, Heero, and
Trowa.

Author's note:
Okay, so this is a sorry excuse for a karaoke fic. Well I'm
sorry! I just couldn't resist. This isn't the best written one, but I gave a
crack at it. Hope you like part 2. Yes, I swear that part 2 is the last you will
ever hear of karaoke from me.

To continue…