Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Raptures of Paradise ❯ The Rapture of Avatar ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, hope you like this, and this wets your appetite for the WHOLE story. Note,
I'm obviously a Non-Yaoi writer, and a person who tends to write sappy stories,
so if you don't like this kind of story, then GET OUT NOW!!! Please note that I
don't any of the characters except Nova. This does have a Sailor Moon crossover
in it. There are chapters that will give you on the pasts of these deadly women
in the secret organization known as Raptures of Paradise. Now, enjoy.

Gundam Wing: Raptures of Paradise
Chapter 12----------The Rapture of Avatar
By Sailor Celaeno

"Kari! Kari!" A voice called from the silent abyss. "Where are you Kari?"
"Mama? MAMA!!!!!!!!" shrieked a little girl.
"Hurry Kari, RUN!!!!" called the mother.
"Where are you Mama? I can't see you it's so dark here."
"Just keep going," the mother faded away.
"Mama!" the little girl reached out for her mother. Slowly the girl turned into Avatar. She soon snapped awake from her meditation. "Damn it!" she punched at a wall.
For years, she had worked hard trying to hide those old painful memories of her past. The darkness and destruction that haunted Kari. But Kari was dead, there lived only Avatar. The reborn goddess of vengeance was here to wreak havoc on all her enemies and to punish them. Just like a goddess, she possessed telekinetic and telepathic abilities that were constantly growing as she got older and used her powers more. The door opened and a woman with a long black ponytail entered. "Are you all right Avatar?"
Avatar slowly got up. "Yes, Flamethrower. I'm alright." None of the Raptures called each other by their real names. They vowed never to speak of their old personas, only as the names they used to describe their function in
the group. Flamethrower liked to use fire to destroy objects, places, even
people. Midii aka Agent Une, the spy, went out to find the information they
needed on their enemies. Quint was the weapons expert that could kill with any
weapon, ancient or modern. Esmeralda was the resident Cat burgler, who steals
anything and everything, even people's hearts. These five young women were
together for one goal. With the promise of their every desires, they agreed to
conquer the universe. It allowed the Negaverse to infiltrate this universe and
create new soldiers and generals to destroy the Sailor Senshi.
"I don't like you doing this. Past regression can be dangerous, especially since those things happened to you as a child. Everything is distorted."
"They were NOT distorted. Everything was as I remembered. I was only 10 at the time, those memories were clear!" Avatar huffed as she left her room.
Flamethrower promptly followed her. "Agent Une will be here in twenty minutes. She can tell us about these Gundam pilots. A lot better than Cat can tell us about Winner."
"The only reason why Cat is still on the team is because she and Agent Une have been able to provide us with info and technology that Quint has been asking for. Cat is a serious liability. Ever since she found out Quatre Winner is a pilot, she has been making demands that he doesn't get hurt." Avatar shook her head in disapproval.
"That is what she wanted from Tempest. She wanted to be Mrs. Quatre Raberba Winner. Of course she doesn't want the boy to get hurt."
"That maybe true, but since he's a pilot, he's going to get involved, and if gets in the way, it may be necessary to eliminate him as well."
They entered an empty living room where they would have a team meeting in half an hour. "Cat won't like that at all."
"Well nuts to her. We ALL have desires. She'll simply have to find another millionaire to marry." Avatar sat in the chesnut leather chair that she always sat in. Flamethrower sat on one side of a love seat that she shared with Quint at the meetings. There were two English chairs for Cat and Agent Une to sit.
Avatar stared into the fireplace that a fire going, though it was summertime. She stared into the flames, that drew her to the past.

A.C. 189
The stars were brilliant that time of night. She stared outside of a space station that orbited Demos. Kari loved looking at the stars. Just like her parents, she wanted to study the stars and see if there were really other life forms out there in the vast heavens. Her dark eyes sparkled with the desire to know more in the universe. Her parents were busy working and left her in their quarters. Her father was an engineer that made sure everything in the research station was in good shape. Her mother was one of the scientists that did astrophysics.
There were seven other children on board, but she was different from them all. Unlike them, she was a 'psychic'. She had powers that were newly discovered in less than 1% of the human race. It was estimated that within her lifetime, there would be more children born with powers like hers. There may even be other children with powers stronger than hers. Right now she was only ten and wouldn't be required to go to special training school until she was thirteen. The children feared her because she could hear their thoughts and move objects. She was too "creepy" for them. She was completely isolated when she caused a computer to explode. She had been working on her laptop, but she ended up deleting some important things. She became angry and lost control of her telekinesis. It exploded and frightened the other children.
"Until Kari controls her powers, she must stay away from the children and vital system areas," replied Captain Tharlo. Her parents agreed and told her that she must ask permission before she could leave her quarters.
Kari sat in front of a beautiful mirror that her father had purchased for her tenth birthday. She cried and leaned her head into her lap. She heaved as she cried and tried to breathe. "It's not fair," she punched the carpeted floor. "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" she banged against the floor. She looked up into the mirror. Her eyes were bloodshot and she crawled towards it. She wore thin black leggings underneath a plaid jumper and a frilly white blouse. She wore flat healed, black shoes. Her long dark hair was loose and she only had a green headband set against her ebony locks.
She touched the mirror with her right hand like she always did. "Oh. I wish I could find a friend. I wish I could find someone who wouldn't be afraid of me." She closed her eyes tightly and thought deeply about her wish. Suddenly she felt the mirror was turning warm. She looked up and she was horrified to see that her mirror was melting. It morphed and shaked slightly. She pulled her hand away, but the mirror's shape was still moving. Slowly a bright flash of light came through the mirror and it turned back into it's original form. She saw a face with catlike eyes staring back at her. She was a beautiful looking woman.
Kari stared with fright at the figure, not sure of what to make of her. "Who are you?"
"I'm the friend you wished for," the woman smiled.
"You are?" Kari inched closer to the mirror.
The woman giggled. "Of course Kari. I know that you have special powers."
"You do?" Kari looked puzzled. "And... and you're not afraid of me?"
"Of course not, Kari. I have powers too." The woman made metalic sparkles fly out from the mirror to tickle Kari.
"Wow. I wish I have powers like yours."
"But you do," reassured the woman.
"Really?" Kari pointed at herself.
"Yes. You just don't know how to use them just yet." The woman smiled at the naive little girl.
"What's your name?"
"I'm Tempest. I can teach you how to use your powers."
"Really? How?"
"Touch the mirror." The girl obeyed and a great bright light enveloped her as a flood of knowledge went inside her mind. After a few moments, the light vanishes and Kari has a glassy look in her eyes. "Now Kari, you are under my control. You know what you must do?"
"I must conquer Earth and the colonies. I will surrender the universe to the Negaforce," she said in a dazed voice.
"Good. Now you will no longer be called Kari when you are serving the Negaforce. You will be called Avatar. As the goddess of deceit, I will be reborn into this alternate universe through you," smirked Tempest.
"Yes, Queen Tempest, great goddess of deceit," Kari said as she bowed to her friend.

"Colonel?" asked Treize Kushrenada.
"Yes, Mr. Treize?" Une stood before Treize in her colonel Une uniform.
"You are aware of Space Station Agammemnon?" he asked.
"Of course. It is a science space station deisgned for the study of possible alien life forms."
Treize nodded as he folded his hands on his desk. "I have been given orders that it is necessary that we must destroy the space station."
"Indeed?" Her eyebrow was arched out of surprise rather than from any particular concern.
"Yes. It seems that some of the scientists may have stumbled upon some classified transmissions between Alliance officials. It has become necessary that these individuals must be dealt with immediately," replied Treize.
"I see."
"There are reports of blackmail from one of the scientists and all of their lives are forfeit. Have one of our men go and destroy the station."
"As you wish." Colonel Une left the office.

It was three days later. Kari had proven her dramatic progress in her control of her powers. "Alright Kari. You can move about on the ship now," smiled the captain.
"Yay! Oh thank you Captain!" Kari soon raced from the captain's office. She walked the hallways and she could hear the familiar buzz of people's thoughts. However, as she entered section blue-4, she heard a strange voice.
"Soon, this station will be destroyed and my mission is done." Kari's eyes widened in horror as she heard that horrible thought.
"It's close. This man is very close to here." She ran until the voice grew louder and louder. Soon she found a man with a stolen gray uniform, to look like a junior engineer making repairs. "What are you doing??" she shouted.
The man turned quickly and glared at her. "Get out you little brat!"
"You're going to kill us. I won't let you!" She said determinedly.
"How?" he pulled out a gun. "You'll die anyway, what does it matter if I shoot you or not?"
"NO!!!!" she screamed as he was about to pull the trigger. She shut her eyes tightly wishing that the man wouldn't kill her. Suddenly there was a pop and he screamed as she opened her eyes. She saw that a great gash opened on him, and he was pleading profusely. She used her powers to fire the gun against him. She saw that the bomb he had planted was triggered as he fell on the detonator on his wrist. The clock had only five minutes.
She quickly raced down the hallway. She soon passed her own hallways. The captain already left his office. So she concentrated and heard the captain talking to her mother right outside their quarters. She raced another three sections before she found them. She breathed heavily. "Kari Nahira! What's the matter?" asked her mother.
Kari breathed. "There's... a bomb... on the station. There.. was a... bad man.. and he... he set off... a bomb. He... he... tried to kill me."
The captain turned on his communcator. "Security there is a bomb on board..."
Just then Kari looked up as she heard the bomb in her head. Ticking away all those precious seconds. Tick... tick... tick... Suddenly there was a beep like her alarm clock. She screamed as she saw fireballs flowing through the corridors slowly heading towards them. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!" She held up her hands and suddenly a telekinetic shield covered her. She could see the fireball rush straight at her. "Oh God," was the last words she heard before everything went black.

"Are you okay?" asked a voice. Kari could only moan. "Good, she's conscious." Her eyes fluttered as she realized she was in a sick bay on a space shuttle.
"Where am I?" she thought inwardly.
"You saved yourself from the explosion." Kari could hear Tempest in her mind.
"Where's mami and papi?"
"They're gone. They're all gone."
Kari began crying. "What will I do?"
"You must escape this shuttle," was Tempest's sharp response.
"But how? Why?"
"The crew will realize that you have no family left and you'll be sent away. You won't be able to fulfill your mission if you're in an orphanage. You have to be free to move about otherwise, the mission is lost," sighed Tempest.
"NO! I won't let the mission die," she answered back fiercely. She remembered the man and what he did to her family and friends. She remembered his last thought as he died. He thought of his commanding officer, the one who assigned him. Colonel Une. "I will escape." Her eyes suddenly opened wide and she sat straight up. A doctor approached her and she glared at him. She concentrated and thrust her hand at him. He flew across the room and was knocked
against a wall. She stormed from the room. As she passed by people, her fury
cause her telekinesis to toss them away from her path. She touched a computer
panel and concentrated on locating an escape pod. The computer buzzed and she
stared at the screen as it told her the location of a nearby pod. After another
ten minutes, she knocked twenty-two unconscious and stole the pod. With her
powers she flew the pod towards the Earth's moon.
"Landing procedure beginning," she said aloud, just her friend Lietenant Parker, who taught her how to fly an escape pod. Within a twenty minutes, she landed on the moon and put on the space suit installed in the pod. She entered the colony established on the moon. She wandered the streets, alone and hungry. She realized that it was ten hours after the explosion on the station. She had no money. She saw a well-to-do looking businessman nearby. A smile curled her face. She remembered a trick that Tempest had taught her.
"Excuse me sir. But can I please have ten dollars? I'm very hungry."
"What?" he asked incredulously. "Are you kidding me?"
She looked at him hypnotically. "Of course little girl. Only Ten dollars? Here's thirty."
The man became dazed and began speaking with a monotone voice. "Of course little girl. Only ten dollars? Here's thirty." He handed her the money and walked away.
Kari smirked at the money, and bought her dinner. She began using the hypnosis to get clothes from a store, and more money from people on the street. She managed to get a couple hundred dollars in less than a day. She slept in a small hotel with thirty dollars. As she left, she began walking confidently. "Once I get enough money, I can find an apartment. Then I will plan how to conquer Earth." Suddenly her purse was ripped away from by a slick-haired street punk. "HEY!!!!" She raced after him. With a fury, she pursued the thief. But soon she realized that chasing after him was proving futile. He ran too fast, and she would never catch him on foot.
It suddenly occurred to her that there was another trick Tempest taught her. She concentrated on the thief and suddenly a warm glow enveloped her.

"Ha! Got some money from that brat," snickered the street punk. He had ran into and alley and inspected the little girl's purse. "Whoa! She has more than a hundred bucks in here!" He gleefully counted the money. As he counted, a strange wind blew. A brilliant flash of light streaked ahead of him and he looked up. There was a silhouette in the light, and as it faded, he saw the girl he just stole the purse from.
"I want my purse and money back," Kari said firmly and calmly.
"HA! Like you actually expect me to listen to a little runt like you?" he scoffed at her.
She marched a few feet closer. "I want my stuff back, and I won't ask again."
"OOOoooooooo!" He mocked her. "Scary, little girl." He smirked at her.
"Oh well," she said emotionlessly. She held her hand in front of her. She clenched it into a fist.
The punk kept smiling until a sharp pain overcame him in his stomach. He looked at Kari, as she continued to use her powers against him. The pressure and pain soon enveloped him. Blood vessels were bursting within him and blood trickled his mouth. He keeled over twitching violently. Kari walked closer until she was the last thing he saw in this life. "All those who cross the goddess of divine justice, will be punished." Her voice was no longer the happy girl from yesterday morning. It was a cruel woman's voice. She released her fist when the punk no longer moved. She bent down and took back her purse. She inspected him and found he had five hundred dollars on him. It was her turn to smile at him. "You won't be needing this anymore."
She silently walked away from the scene of her second murder. "Kari Nahira died on the Agammemnon yesterday. Avatar the goddess of divine justice is born." She wandered the streets, conning people from money and other things she needed. "I will find Colonel Une, and she will pay with blood."

That was such a long time ago. Those days were so long ago now. Slowly she found the other Raptures and became their leader. She also had to steal the Persephone locket from Nova Rokureno's mansion. She released Hecate. Proserpine, her sister spirit, had fled them and was no longer to be found. "Avatar. Avatar," called Flamethrower.
"Yes?"
"Agent Une returned."
Soon Agent Une, Cat, and Quint entered the living room. They sat in their usual seats. "Alright Une, what have you got?" asked Avatar.
"So far, they don't suspect a thing is going on. Although the pilots will be a serious threat. They will be at a wedding for Milliardo Peacecraft to Lucrezia Noin tomorrow. All of our targets will be their, including Lady Une."
That name perked Avatar's attention. "Indeed?"
Agent Une nodded the affirmative.
"Well... Looks like we're going to have a wedding to crash," smirked Avatar wickedly.
"Don't mind if I join," said a familiar voice. They all looked up to see Hecate slink into the room.
"You? Why the hell do we need you?" growled Avatar incredulously.
"Milliardo Peacecraft is the prince of the Sanc kingdom. There will be many important guests at the wedding, as well as a lot of security. As
impressive as your powers may be Raptures, you can't fight three hundred people,
plus 6 gundam pilots. You'd all be killed before you can fire a shot."
"How do you propose to help us?" asked Flamethrower, who also despised Hecate.
"My youma can provide a distraction for the security folks, leaving you free to kill as many people as you want."
"What? Do you think that..." Flamethrower was about to start when Avatar held her hand up to silence her.
"No. Actually, Hecate is of some use."
"What?"
"There will be some resistance, and we will need all the reinforcements to eliminate our targets."
They agreed to the plan and left to bed. Cat stopped Avatar. "Will you allow me to spare Quatre?"
Avatar smirked at Cat. "If he is in the way, then he must go." Avatar swiftly walked away.
Cat only stared in anger. "Damn you bitch! Damn you!"

Author's Note:
Will The Raptures succeed? OR can they be stopped? Find out in Chapter 13.