Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sandrock was no more ❯ chapter 12 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

Chapter Twelve

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

"What's going on?" Quatre whispered as Trowa lead him around the back of the house, away from the police.

Trowa glared, "Catherine." He answered, "She's gone too far this time."

"Where are the others?" the blonde looked around.

"In the hanger with the Gundams."

"Where are we going?"

"Up." Trowa looked up at the tree they were crouched behind. "It leads to Duo's bedroom. We can get into the house this way."

"Trowa…" The smaller boy looked uncertainly at the high window.

"Quatre, do you trust me?" Trowa demanded.

The blonde was startled by the question, "Of course I do, Trowa."

"Then please, Koi, don't ask any questions. I'll explain everything later, but first I need to get into the house and make a phone call." Silently the smaller boy nodded. "Okay, then up the tree." He gave Quatre a small boost then reached up and pulled himself onto the branch. "Keep going, Quatre." He coaxed.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

Catherine was furious. At least one of the four boys should be around here somewhere.

"Miss, Are you sure this is the right address?" A police man asked, looking skeptically at the mansion. "It seems a bit much for four unsupervised teenagers."

"I'm positive, Officer. They were just here this morning." She crossed her arms, "Did you look around in back? Or in the gardens?" She demanded.

"We have, several times, Miss." The officer said with a tinge of annoyance.

"I want my brother to be brought home." She said, "He wouldn't come willingly. If he saw you then he's probably hiding. Go look for him."

"Miss, this is a private residence. We can't go barging in unless we know for sure that he is here."

"I told you he was here this morning." She snapped.

"We'll give it another ten minutes before we take action." The officer told her.

"Fine." She sneered.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

The alarms were going crazy through out the hanger. Hiiro, Duo and Wu Fei were trying to view the security cameras.

"Damn." Duo swore, "It's Catherine."

"And a squad of police and several officials from child services." Wu Fei frowned annoyed, "What do they think we are? 12?"

"Apparently Trowa isn't the age he thought he was." Hiiro said in his stoic voice.

"And how do any of us know exactly how old we are?" Duo scowled, "I mean, Quatre does, well at least he did… anyway, that we can easily look up… and Wu Fei, you do, right? … But Hiiro and I sure don't."

"What's that?" Wu Fei interrupted the babbling boy, pointing at the far screen.

Hiiro magnified it. "It looks like Trowa and Quatre."

"Hey! They're breaking into my room!" Duo objected, "They can't do that!"

"Yes they can." Wu Fei sneered, "Because they just did."

"I want a different room." The braided boy complained.

"That can be arranged." Hiiro said, quirking an eyebrow at him, "We're going to have to leave this place when this is all over."

"Damn." The Chinese boy swore.

"Again…?" Duo whined.

Hiiro shot him his patented death glare. Duo stuck out his tongue, as the image flickered and Trowa's face appeared. "What's up Tro-?" the obnoxious American greeted.

"I've called Preventer Une." The banged boy informed them, "She said that if we are found, do not put up a fight."

"Is she mad?" Wu Fei demanded.

The banged boy shook his head, "No, She can use her influence to get us out by saying we're agents if we don't kill anyone. If we do kill someone, then we'll be held accountable for the murder."

"What is your and Quatre's position?" Hiiro asked.

"We're under the stairwell." Trowa informed, "Trying to stay out of sight."

"Trowa." Quatre's soft voice whispered from off screen, "I think they're going to try breaking through the door."

"Kuso." The banged boy swore, "Did you hear that?"

Hiiro nodded, "Can you make it here with out being detected?"

Trowa exchanged looks with Quatre, "We can try. But they've got this place pretty much surrounded."

"Hiiro…" Quatre asked, "I own this house, right?" The dark haired boy nodded, "And my sisters knew that I was living here, right?" again the boy nodded, "Couldn't I just ask them to leave because they're trespassing?"

Hiiro thought about it, "That might work… It might not. Quatre, most of the world still believes you're dead. The police might not believe you."

"Oh." The blonde's expression saddened.

"Trowa, you need to get out of there. If they do break in then they'll initiate a room by room search." Hiiro said.

The banged boy nodded, "We'll see if we can't make it back to the car." He said, "I don't want to lead them to the rest of you. If we can get to the car then we can call from a pay phone."

"Keep in touch." Hiiro ordered.

"Hey Tro-…" Duo called.

"Trowa…" Quatre's voice pressed as there was a thud at the front door.

"Quick, Duo."

"Don't let anything happen to him." The braided boy ordered.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He assured cutting of the connection.

Duo looked at his friends, "I hope they'll be okay." He mumbled.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

The taller boy grabbed the blonde by his wrist, pulling him along as the door burst open.

"Damn." He swore ducking behind a door, holding Quatre close.

"Trowa…" the blonde whispered, "I can at least distract them for you…please let me try?"

"No, Quatre…" Trowa firmly shook his head, as the police walked past and began to explore the upper rooms. "We just need to lay low." He held the boy tighter. Quatre nervously bit on his bottom lip.

After several minutes, Trowa peeked out from his hiding place. The coast looked clear. "Come on." He whispered, "We can hide in the pantry." The blonde nodded, squeezing the taller boy's hand. Trowa smiled, and gave a quick kiss on Quatre's forehead, before bolting out of hiding.

"Triton! There you are!" Said the voice that stopped them cold, "Where are you going?"

Trowa glared at the woman as he pushed Quatre behind him, "This isn't going to work, Cathy." He warned.

"I told you I would come back with the police." She sneered, "Why don't you just come peaceably and save everyone a bunch of heart ache?"

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

Quatre was hidden by Trowa's body. Apparently, his fast reaction had prevented the woman from seeing him, but Trowa had been caught. He shuddered as he listened to their bantering… `That voice…' he thought. `I know that voice…'

/`I hope you said goodbye…' The voice taunted, a blurred face popped up on his view screen, `Don't worry, I'll take good care of Trowa.'/

He gasped. "It's her…" He whispered, "Trowa…It's her… the person from Sandrock!"

"What?" Trowa exclaimed looking over his shoulder.

"I'm positive, Trowa…" Quatre whispered.

"Triton, who are you talking to?" Catherine demanded, storming over to him and pushing him out of the way. "Y…You!" she sputtered taking a step back from a distraught Quatre.

"Trowa, she's the person that I saw on Sandrock's screen! It was her voice!" Quatre insisted over Catherine's agitated ranting.

"You can't be here! It's not possible! I killed you…I saw you blow up! I was at your funeral…" The woman's volume was increasing.

"Catherine?" Trowa glared at her.

"He's lying, Triton! Every word." She accused.

"Why would Quatre lie to me?" he demanded, "He has no reason to."

"I'll kill you!" She shrieked attacking the blonde, her clawed hands poised for his throat, "I'll make sure that you stay dead!"

Trowa caught her arm and roughly pushed her away, "You will not touch him." His icy tone promised severe consequences if she ignored him.

"Triton," Catherine pleaded, "He is a liar. He doesn't love you. He could never love you…" She attacked again. "I'll make him pay for hurting you!"

"Catherine!" Trowa shouted grabbing her arms and twisting her into a restraint, "Leave him alone."

"I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! I'M GOING TO MAKE HIM PAY!"

Quatre backed away, his chest throbbing.

"Everyone. Freeze!" The police officer barked, his gun aimed at Trowa. "Young man, I want you to release her slowly."

"You won't let her hurt him." Trowa demanded, his emerald stare left no room for argument.

"I'll shoot anyone who moves without my say-so."

Trowa nodded and slowly released the crazed woman.

"Kid, are you all right?" The officer asked. He got no response.

"Quatre…" Trowa called, his voice low.

At the sound of his name the blonde snapped out of his daze. He looked at the taller boy, a mystified expression on his face. He then uttered words that sent Trowa through the roof, "I remember… everything."

"Really?" Trowa asked. The blonde nodded. "That's great." He started to go to the boy, but the officer stopped him.

"Take one step and I'll shoot." He warned. Trowa sighed and remained in place. "Kid, are you okay?" The cop asked again.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Quatre replied.

"He's not fine… He's lying." Catherine shouted, "He tried to kill me!"

"What!?" The boys exclaimed together.

"That's not true." Quatre denied, "I never touched you."

"You were the one who was trying to kill him!" Trowa glared at her angrily.

"Oh, Triton… You're confused." She chided. "You don't know any better."

"I'M NOT TRITON!"

"Enough." The officer shouted. "Lady, I don't know what kind of game you're playing here, but I've had enough."

"Kid, do you want to press assault charges?"

Quatre exchanged glances with Trowa, "Yes, I would."

"Actually, officer." Trowa asked, raising an eyebrow, "Wouldn't it be attempted murder? She did attack him with the intent to kill. She said so herself." He watched in silent satisfaction as Catherine's face ranged between disbelief and betrayal.

"You're right. I don't think there is a single cop here who didn't hear her threats. Catherine Bloom, You're under arrest."

"Triton? How could you do this to me?" Catherine wailed, "ME! Your own sister!"

"Get her out of here." The cop barked. He turned to the kids that were watching the police struggle to put a fighting Catherine into the patrol car. "Kids, we're going to have you come down to the station and fill out a report."

"Right now?" Quatre frowned. Trowa placed a supportive hand on his shoulder and the blonde relaxed slightly.

"We're expected somewhere." Trowa said. "Is it possible to do it later?"

The cop studied them closely, "I've got child services out there. They aren't going to let some minors live by themselves."

"Sir, I guarantee that we are all eighteen or older." The blonde assured with a note of authority. "I can have the birth records sent over if you would like."

"Alright." The older man sighed scratching his head, "In that case, I need at least your names and numbers where I can reach you." The cop said. "You need to come down and file a report within two days or we'll have to release her." The boys nodded and the cop took out pen and paper. "Names?"

"Trowa Barton."

The cop looked at him, "Not Triton Bloom?" the banged boy shook his head. "Okay, Trowa Barton…and you?"

"Quatre Rababa Winner." The blonde said.

Again the cop looked doubtful, "I heard you were dead."

"It's a long story." The boy said quietly.

The cop shrugged, "Number?" Quatre looked at Trowa and the banged boy supplied a number. "Alright, boys. Remember, two days."

"Thank you." Quatre said ushering him out.

"That was a bit unexpected." Trowa mused, watching the squad drive away. "We probably could get her on trespassing if we wanted." Quatre shook his head and leapt at the taller boy, who barely reacted in time to catch him as the blonde threw his arms around Trowa's neck. "Quat…?" The blonde placed a finger over his mouth quieting him.

"I remember everything." The smaller boy reminded his love.

Trowa couldn't help it. A huge smile broke through his mask and he lifted the boy up and spun him around. "Quatre…MY Quatre!" He murmured into the boy's ear. "I've missed you."

"I told you I'd return." The boy reminded him.

"I know." Trowa smiled, before drawing him up into his arms and kissing him deeply. "I know."

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

"Aw, isn't that cute." Duo cooed, earning himself two glares from his friends, as he and the others watched on the security monitor.

"Shut up, baka." Hiiro scowled, yanking on the boy's long braid causing him to yelp in pain.

"DAMN IT, HIIRO!" He protested rubbing the back of his scalp, "Why do you insist on doing that?"

Hiiro didn't answer, but he was finding it difficult to hide the smirk that threatened to break through his mask.

"You should be grateful that he didn't threaten to kill you." Wu Fei said, his arms crossed as he turned away from the screen. "Now if you don't mind, some of us have work to do."

"He can threaten me all he wants." Duo said under his breath. "It won't do him a bit of good." That earned him two more glares, one promising ultimate death if he didn't cut it out. "You can't kill death." He explained smugly, his amethyst eyes twinkling with mischief.

Hiiro snorted, "Don't tempt me to try."

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* +*+

To be continued…