Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sandrock was no more ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+

 

Chapter eighteen

 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+

 

"Are we supposed to believe her?" Quatre asked quietly, breaking the silence.

 

"Hilde would never lie to me." Duo said solemnly and just as quiet. "She…" He wiped his eyes with his pajama sleeve.

 

"It does make sense." Trowa pondered, "Why they were all meeting at the palace last week."

 

"So what do we do now?" Wu Fei demanded. "This is the former Queen of the frickin' world, we're dealing with! We can't just go arrest her!"

 

"I doubt the Preventers will want anything to do with this." Quatre mused, "It's one thing for it to be just Dorothy or just Catherine, but it's Relena…"

 

"I'll kill her." Hiiro said, standing from his seat on Duo's bed. The former pilot's Prussian eyes narrowed dangerously, promising to carry out the threat.

 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+

 

Relena Peacecraft was pacing around her room, very nervous. `Quatre's dead … Hilde's dead … Duo's dead…Damn…' she couldn't control her breathing. "This is all my fault…" She moaned. She was panicked, "Hiiro's going to kill me."

 

"Now why would he do that, Miss Relena?" Dorothy asked.

 

Relena spun around, startled and angry, "DOROTHY! How did you get in here?"

 

"Through the door." The tall blonde sneered, "How else would I get in?"

 

The former queen glared hatefully at the other girl, "Where's Catherine?"

 

"Who?" Dorothy blinked feigning innocence. "I don't know any Catherine."

 

"You didn't…" Relena reeled back, horrified, "Bitch, how could you?"

 

"I'm sorry, Miss Relena, but I have no idea of what you are talking about."

 

Relena's body shook, as she fought off the urge to vomit, "Four people, Dorothy… /Four/…"

 

"Miss Relena, you don't look so well. Perhaps you should lie down and get some rest? I could summon the doctor for you?"

 

"No…" Relena gasped, her voice barely audible, "Leave…now…"

 

Dorothy turned to leave, "I was planning on dropping by to see Hiiro, Wu Fei and Trowa…I was wondering if you would like to join me, and extend you sympathies."

 

"Extend my…sympathies…" Relena couldn't believe what she was hearing, "Dorothy, you are the lowest of scum."

 

The tall blonde acted hurt, "Oh, Miss Relena, you've hurt my feelings."

 

Relena just gaped at her, words failing to come.

 

"So you'll join me?" Dorothy quirked an eyebrow.

 

"Yes." Relena swallowed, regaining some of her composure as a thought struck her, "I believe I will join you."

 

"Good, I'll wait for you in front. I want to leave in the next ten minutes."

 

Relena simply nodded. "I'll be there."

 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+

 

"Do you want me to come too?" Quatre asked as Trowa looked for his keys.

 

"Yes, I do." The taller boy admitted, "But if you do, it's going to cause problems."

 

"I guess." Quatre frowned, hugging himself.

 

"Koi? What's wrong?" Trowa asked, wrapping his arms protectively around the boy.

 

"What's not wrong, Trowa?" The blonde countered, "A close friend is dead- murdered, because three others go crazy…I don't…It's too much."

 

"I know, koi."

 

"I just wish everything was back the way it was."

 

Trowa smiled and brushed away blonde bangs from aquamarine yes, "I wouldn't doubt it if we all wish for that." He kissed his koi on the forehead, "Why don't you give your friend a call?" He suggested, "I bet she could cheer you up."

"I'd like that." Quatre sighed, "But Hiiro and Wu Fei both think that Dorothy will become more direct in her attacks. I'd really hate myself if I put Robin in danger." He walked over to the nightstand, and opened the drawer. Silently, the blonde tossed the other boy his keys. "You should get going, the lawyer isn't going to wait."

 

"Right." Trowa nodded, gathering a folder that contained falsified birth certificates for all of them, and turning to leave. "You know, Quatre… Hiiro and Wu Fei have this place pretty secure. The phones were one of the first things check, I'm sure it's safe to call her."

 

The blonde, looked down at his feet. "Maybe I will then…"

 

Trowa smiled and walked out of their room.

 

"Trowa…" Quatre called, stopping the boy.

 

"Nani?" Trowa asked, reappearing in the doorway.

 

"I love you."

 

Trowa smiled, "I love you too, koi. Watch your back."

 

"Back atcha'." Quatre smiled, before sitting in front of the Vid phone.

 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+

 

Wu Fei frowned at the security monitors. He was trying to figure out how the murderous women kept getting into the hanger. He had looked at this footage of tapes a year ago and hadn't found anything, and he doubted that he'd find something now.

 

"Don't you think that maybe you disregarded them because of who they were?" Sally asked peering over his shoulder.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be taking care of Maxwell?" Wu Fei scowled at the monitor. He wasn't in the mood for company.

 

Sally laughed, "That boy is being taken care of just fine."

 

"Yui?" The Chinese boy raised an eyebrow.

 

The physician nodded, sitting in a near by chair, "Duo will be up and at his pranks before this week is over, I guarantee it."

 

The boy snorted, "Whoopee."

 

"Oh, come on. You were worried about him too." Sally teased, "It was all I could do to calm you when you phoned me of the emergency."

 

"Onna, I don't know what you're talking about."

 

"I'm sure." Sally smirked. "Would you like some help? Two people will get it done faster."

 

"Sure." Wu Fei shrugged, "Why not?"

 

Hours later, the Chinese boy shook Sally's shoulder, "Sally, wake up." He coaxed gently.

 

"Hmmm?" She stirred groggily, "Chang? What is it?"

 

"I found out how the got in." The boy pointed to the screen, "I can't believe I didn't notice it earlier…" Wu Fei shook his head in self disgust.

 

Sally blinked her eyes, and stretched, a yawn escaping her. "How?"

 

"Look here." Wu Fei enlarged a portion of the screen, "These boxes here prevent the motion sensors from detecting what goes on in that part of the hanger, and they lead directly to the where the Gundams were kept…" He turned the camera angle and enlarged a different section, "There's a vent here that is big enough for someone as small as Catherine to get through."

 

"Why do you say Catherine? Isn't Relena smaller?" Sally asked.

 

The Chinese boy nodded, "She is, but somehow, I don't think that neither the Vice Foreign Minister nor Dorothy would do the dirty work."

 

"So it had to be Catherine… But what if you had the boxes pushed back to the wall, blocking the vent, or removed to allow motion detection? What would they have done then?"

 

Wu Fei shrugged, "Dunno… I gotta show this to Hiiro and the others. Then I'm going to make sure it's handled promptly."

 

Sally yawned and looked at her watch. "They're probably getting lunch ready. Trowa, I think, went to see a lawyer about Catherine. He won't be back till late this afternoon. I've signed the necessary orders, he and the lawyer will take care of the rest."

 

"At least that is one part we can let the law handle… It might get ugly with the rest of `em."

 

 

 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+

 

"Quatre?" The young woman's voice sounded happy but sad at the same time, "I didn't expect to hear from you so soon… Is everything alright?"

 

The blonde boy sighed, rubbing his temples, "Yeah…well as well as can be expected, I guess…Everyone's changed so much… I guess…I needed someone to talk to."

 

Robin smiled, "Quatre." She sighed. "Of course everything has changed, that's the way life is. You can't expect everything to freeze and remain as it was always."

 

"I know."

 

"They treating you alright?"

 

"Of course! They are my family."

 

"Speaking of family…" Robin started, taking a sip from her tea that she held, "Have you called yours? The ones on L4?"

 

Quatre frowned, "No."

 

"Why not?" The girl also frowned, "Don't you think they'll be relieved that you're back?"

 

"That's just it… I don't want to be back…" The boy scowled, "They'll just want to keep me home to run the company. They wouldn't allow me to have a life."

 

"QUATRE RABABA WINNER!" Robin glared angrily, "How can you say something like that about the people who love and adore you?"

 

The blonde gaped at the woman who had snapped at him, "Wha…How…How dare you!" He seethed, trying to keep his temper under control, "What right do you have to talk about my family? What can you say from just watching the news? You don't know anything!"

 

"I have every right that you do!" Robin snapped back, "Maybe even more so!" Her blue eyes looked as if they would erupt in tears at any moment, "Damn it, Quatre…"

 

He winced, his hand steeling to his chest. `I hurt her… hurt her with my words, how could I have done that? I didn't mean to… It was like I was fighting with one of my…sisters.' Quatre gasped and looked at the woman on the screen, "Robin…?"

 

"What?" she sniffled, wiping away her tears before they could fall.

 

"Which one are you?" He demanded, his tone of voice losing it's bite, "Why didn't you tell me you were one of my sisters?"

 

"I'm number 15." She glared, "And I didn't think it mattered."

 

"I'm sorry; I didn't know." Quatre bowed his head. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

 

"I know, Little Brother." Robin offered a small smile, "To be honest, I didn't recognize you until you told me your name. You see, the only picture of you that I own was one taken when you were only a few months old."

 

"I don't think that I'd be able to remember all of my sisters' names, even if I saw them every day." Quatre sighed, "I'm sorry."

 

"Don't be, it really is okay. I shouldn't have gotten angry." She sighed, "Iria and the others can be quite demanding."

 

"I just got this life back… I don't want to lose it again."

 

"I believe that Iria would understand that." Robin smiled, "But I do believe that allowing them to grieve for you when you are not dead is not fair at all."

 

"You're right of course." Quatre nodded.

 

"If you would like, I can arrange a visit with Iria for myself and tell her I'm bringing two friends." She smiled, "That way it'd be a surprise, and they wouldn't have time to make any arrangements before your arrival."

 

"Two friends?" Quatre raised an eyebrow.

 

Robin smirked, "Somehow, I doubt your Trowa to let you go by yourself."

 

The boy smiled, "No, I supposed he wouldn't."

 

"I'll take care of everything, Little Brother." Robin assured, "And if they do overreact, just tell them what you want. You've been living up to everyone else's demands, orders and expectations. It's time for you to have a life of your own."

 

"You think so?"

 

"I know so."

 

Quatre smiled, "Okay, when where you thinking?"

 

"How about next week?"

 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+ *+*+

 

To be continued…