Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Scavenger Hunt ❯ Mix Up at the Spa ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. This fan fiction has no commercial value, and I am not making any kind of profit or income off of this story or the use of characters owned by Sunrise and Bandai.
 
Mix Up at the Spa
 
No one ever said maintaining peace and stability would be easy, and they knew that, but no one had informed the youths that it would be riddled with meetings and conferences either. It was at one of these conferences that brought five of them together. Relena Darlian was there as part of the government, Dorothy Catalonia attended to report as a member of Romefeller (of which many of the members were under strict surveillance), Quatre Raberba Winner was at the conference as one of the representatives for the colonies, Sylvia Noventa was there representing her family—this event was held in honor of her grandfather—and Heero Yuy only came as a bodyguard for Relena.
 
Being friends, they all had lunch together at the cafeteria. However, on this day, it was not a peaceful meal. Relena and Dorothy had made appointments at a very exclusive spa. Only one slot was open. Two different women took their appointments, and it seemed one had to be dropped. The spa did not want to insult either woman, so they, having good faith the girls could work it out between themselves, left the decision up to Relena and Dorothy. The one who conceded would have to wait three more months to attend the spa.
 
“Dorothy, that day is mine! I need it more than you!” Relena insisted.
 
“You'll just waste it! You'll take calls and work through the whole thing,” Dorothy persisted. Heero, as a rule, stayed out of other people's arguments—especially when those people were both female. Quatre had tried to smooth things out between them, but there was no compromise to be had, and he had given up. Sylvia had kept her mouth shut, for she had a slot in the spa. Instead of interrupting the fight, she was scribbling something on a sheet of paper.
 
“I need a spa day!” Relena shouted.
 
“Well, I called first!” Dorothy returned.
 
“We called at the same time.”
 
Dorothy quickly produced a sheet of paper and handed it to her friend. Relena inspected it and snorted. “Okay, so you called five seconds before I did.”
 
“Ergo, the day is mine.” Dorothy wore a superior smirk.
 
“I'm the Vice Foreign Minister—I'm Relena Peacecraft!” she blurted out before she could stop herself.
 
A delighted smile crossed Dorothy's face. “Oh? So, you feel you are better than the rest of us?”
 
Relena's face flushed. “That is not what I meant, and you know it!”
 
Before she could dig herself in a deeper hole, Quatre spoke up. “If you two can't compromise, surely there is a better way to pick who goes instead of this bickering.” Both women shot him a dirty look, but they relented.
 
“Rock-paper-scissors—best of five,” Relena was quick to offer.
 
Dorothy rolled her eyes. “Are we seven? Let's have a fencing match.”
 
“Is that your answer to everything?”
 
“It serves its purpose.”
 
“Yeah, because you always win.”
 
Dorothy opened her mouth to retort, but Sylvia cut her off. “Scavenger hunt. How about you two have a scavenger hunt to decide?” The girls exchanged stubborn looks.
 
“Who'll make up the list?” Dorothy questioned.
 
“It'll have to be a neutral, outside party,” Relena answered.
 
“Done!” reported Sylvia excitedly. She left to make a few copies of the list and quickly returned, handing both a list.
 
“How many things are on here?” Relena gasped as her eyes scanned the list.
 
“I think fourteen,” Sylvia responded.
 
“But, a couple of them require us to go to multiple people, so there's really…nineteen things,” Dorothy calculated.
 
“You do have two weeks to get everything,” Sylvia pointed out.
 
 
“Let's make something clear. You can't go to one of Une's gardens, though,” Dorothy objected. “They're not the same.”
 
“What if she made the garden under Treize's orders?” Relena inquired.
 
“That would work,” Sylvia consented. “However, only under his direct orders—she can't have made it as a memorial or something for him.”
 
“And it can be any crown?” Relena asked.
 
Sylvia nodded. “You don't have to grab it either, just get a picture taken if that's all you can get. Oh, and also, don't go to a chain café. Go to one that's only on L-3 so I can verify it.”
 
“I suppose Heero and I can do it easily enough,” Relena decided.
 
“You can't have someone help you!” Dorothy objected.
 
“Heero's my bodyguard. He has to come—whether I want him to or not.”
 
“Then I get Quatre!”
 
“What?” Quatre's eyes widened. “I'm not going with you on a stupid—”
 
Dorothy grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him so that their faces were mere centimeters apart; he had no choice but to look into her eyes. “You start vacation tomorrow. You have no plans. I have to go on this `stupid' scavenger hunt, and I need a partner who'll fill in the gaps of what I don't know. Now, I need that spa day—see how tense I am? You be my partner or else.”
 
“Or else what?” Quatre dared in a low, strong tone.
 
“We're at lunch with many sharp objects. That seems like a good start.”
 
Quatre considered this. The scavenger hunt did sound like a fun way to spend his vacation, and as long as he kept a good sense of humor, Dorothy could provide lots of fun. He pretended to mull over the idea, for he could not let Dorothy think she could bully him into anything her heart desired.
 
“I'll do it as long as it's fun. Once it's not fun for me, I'm leaving.”
 
“Wonderful!” Sylvia exclaimed. “I kind of figured you'd go with her and Heero with Relena, so I put items on the list involving you two.” She handed the boys copies of the list.
 
Scavenger Hunt List
­­A kiss with a junior senator
Rose from Treize's gardens
Something from the president's desk with his name on it
Picture of Zechs naked
Get a crown (any)
Picture of your companion in only a string of your mother's pearls
A possession of each Gundam pilot
Something from one two Gundams
Ride a horse in American West wearing cowboy outfits (and the guys too)
Get the high score on a convenient store arcade game
Have tea in an L-3 Colony café
Try on a wedding dress at a chic L-4 store
Buy souvenir on Moon
Get a picture from Mars
 
“A picture of Zechs naked?” asked Quatre, disbelievingly, “A picture of me and Heero wearing only pearls?”
 
“Our personal possessions? …A piece of our Gundams?” Heero nearly shouted.
 
“I had to make it two when I realized your partners piloted Gundams themselves, and that would be too easy.” Sylvia took a moment to gaze at their expressions. “Now, no cheating! Heero, Quatre, I leave it up to you two to keep them honest!” The boys nodded.
 
“What's in it for us?” Quatre questioned. “The girls win their day at the spa, but what do Heero and I get for these two weeks we'll never get back?”
 
“I'll make it worth Heero's while,” Relena purred. Heero smirked.
 
Quatre looked at Dorothy. “Please, don't make it worth my while.” She shoved him playfully.
 
“I'll think of a prize for you guys. I'll call you once I do,” Sylvia assured.
 
“When do our two weeks start?”
 
“Let's see, today's the tenth, so you start tomorrow until the twenty-fourth and report at the spa on the twenty-fifth for inspection.”
 
“Inspection?” asked Relena.
 
“Document everything with a camera and bring back as many items as you can.”
 
“No starting until tomorrow,” Quatre warned as he stood from the table. “We have to finish the conference now.” The others noticed the time and left with him.
 
***
 
“Now, what should our strategy be?” Dorothy asked during a later break in the conference as they stood outside with the smokers. “We could get the easy ones out of the way to leave a lot of time for the harder ones. On the other hand, we could do the hard ones right now and get them out of the way so that we can get the easy ones at the end.”
 
“I have a better strategy,” Quatre said. He waved the smoke away with his hand. “Do you know how bad those things are? I don't see how you can smoke with all the information out there.”
 
Dorothy rolled her eyes. “Just tell me what your strategy is.”
 
“We shouldn't concentrate on hardness or easiness. Running from place to place will take up more time. Instead, we should start at the item of farthest distance from the spa and work our way closer. Then, we'll be closest to the spa at the end and won't have to make a long journey and risk losing.”
 
She grinned gleefully and tossed the cigarette away. “I knew there was a reason I needed you with me.”
 
***
 
“How should we do it?” Relena asked Heero as they had dinner after the conference.
 
“Any ideas of your own?” asked Heero.
 
“Well, I should take care of the ones I can do really easily here. Then we should do the hard ones. That way, we can just do the easy ones really quickly.”
 
He nodded. “That's how I would do it. You sure you won't get called away during this? I don't think Dorothy will be too sympathetic to your plight.”
 
“I've thought of that already!” she smiled. “I'm officially on vacation, but if something should come up, we'll just get the items in that area. We won't stick to doing all the hard ones and then easy ones that strictly. Of course, we'll have to be flexible.”
 
“We'll win.”
 
“Naturally we will. But…how are you so confident?”
 
“I always win”
 
***
 
Sylvia sipped her drink and smiled at her two partners in crime. “Let the games begin.”