Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Scurvy, Jolly Rogers and a Whole Lotta Booty ❯ A Ghost Pirate of a Chance ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Ghost Pirate of a Chance

"What's going on, father?" Quatre asked as he stared out at the ships rolling gently in the distance.

"You are going to board a ship and go home, Quatre, that is what is going to happen. Your mother will be pleased to see you, of course."

"But those ships! One of them is The Zero Star and the other. . . "

Mr. Winner cut off his son mid sentence. "The other is my dear friend and colleague."

Quatre sat for a moment thinking about it, but no matter how he looked at it, it didn't make sense. "But that other ship belongs to the Ghost Pirate Treize, father," he finally said.

A smile spread across Mr. Winner's lips. "No Quatre, it belongs to me."

* * *

Duo tried to push back the zombies and yell to Heero but there were just too many of them. Finally, he resigned himself to being pushed because he was getting very noxious. "If there is anything I hate it is getting pushed around by the undead!!" he said and held a hand up to his mouth.

Trowa only nodded in agreement, his face all ready green.

"They are extremely unpleasant bastards, Duo. But we have worse things to worry about," Wu Fei said through his plugged nose. "What do you think that witch is going to do to our Captain?"

"Probably something really unpleasant," Duo said and for once didn't laugh. Whatever gross sexual act she had in mind was no laughing matter to the braided thief. "But I am a bit more concerned with our problem at the moment."

"You don't think we'll be turned into zombies too?" Trowa finally managed when they reached the hut.

Both Duo and Wu Fei looked at him and were suddenly much more worried about whatever was in store for them.

* * *

When Relena got Heero into her hut she immediately tied him to a makeshift bed.
"Don't want you going anywhere," she teased as she finished the last knot.

"Don't remind me," Heero deadpanned although his mind was in a advanced state of panic. "What do you plan to do to me first?" he asked although he had no desire to hear the answer.

"You'll see, and I know you'll like it, Captain," Relena said as she sat on a floor mat and picked up a rather intricate bone necklace. "I have a little bit of work to finish before we can have fun. But it won't take too long."

"Take all the time you need," Heero said as relief flooded over him. He still had a little bit of time before something really bad happened. And now all he had to do was get free, rescue his crew and the Winner boy and escape an island overrun with zombies and a horny voodoo priestess. Yes, it was all a piece of cake for the most feared pirate on the high seas. Only, he couldn't seem to get the knots undone.

* * *

Quatre's mouth dropped open and he sat like a gapping fish for about five minutes before speaking again. "But father, that means the ghost pirate Treize has been using your ship to rob and plunder villages for years!"

Mr. Winner began to laugh. "Yes, it does. It always amazes me how naive you are, Quatre. How do you think we got so rich in the first place?"

"Well, your business, of course, father."

"And what do you think my business is?" Mr Winner asked and chuckled again.

"Shipping, and things like that. Which is why you despise pirates because they are bad for your business," Quatre answered. This seemed to be a silly game to him. What was his father getting at?

"No, I despise pirates because they are competition!"

"But father, why would a pirate be in competition with you unless. . . ." the light bulb in Quatre's head finally went off, "you're a pirate too!"

Mr. Winner nodded. "I'm glad your expensive education wasn't a waste."

Quatre thought about what all of it meant for a moment. His own father was a pirate. That made him a pirate's son. No wonder he'd felt so at home on the ocean and in the company of other pirates. No wonder he had loved the taste and texture of diet rum. He was a pirate. It ran in his very blood.

"Now that we have all that cleared up. You will board the ship and wait for me to return, and then we will go home."

Quatre's eyes drifted out to the ships in the distance. The way they floated on the water was like a beckoning dance to him. "Yes, of course."


* * *

When Duo, Trowa and Wu Fei entered the hut they were greeted by a large man. He was past middle age but very tall and had unkempt white hair. His face was horribly scared and he gave a new meaning to the word ugly.

"Welcome," he said in a high nasal voice that none of the pirates were expecting.

"Yeah, welcome yourself," Duo spat. "What the hell do you plan to do with us?"

"And it better not have anything to do with zombies!" Trowa added.

The old man laughed. "That idea scares you huh, little pirate? Don't want to be a brainless slave to the Voodoo Priestess Relena?"

"Weakling! Of course we don't!" Wu Fei shouted.

"Well, then it's a shame that we have too many zombies to began with. It would have been fun to remove your brains." Then the old man smiled and revealed that each of his teeth had been filed down to very sharp points. The pirates reacted visibly by taking several steps back.

"What are you gonna do with us then, Hannibal Lector?" Duo asked, although his voice wasn't quite as sarcastic as usual.

Then the old man began to cackle and roll on the floor.

"What is he doing?" Trowa asked after a couple minutes.

"Well, he obviously found something funny. But, I think he's insane," said Wu Fei.

Duo and Trowa both looked at Wu Fei for a good minute but neither said anything. They both figured it wasn't the time or the place to point out the Chinese pirates lack of sanity.

As the old, crazy man continued his fit of giggles Duo crept toward the doorway of the hut. But he was meet by two very large and muscular zombies. "Umm, I guess there is no escape that way," he said as he leaned back in.

"No," the old man said and stood up once again. "You will not escape! And we must start the preparations for the ceremony."

* * *

The Voodoo Priestess Relena worked for a very long time on the bone necklace and Captain Heero worked on getting the knots untied. But it was to avail. No matter how he struggled they just didn't get any looser.

"You won't get them undone, love slave," Relena said without looking up from her work.

Captain Heero only glared at her.

"I was in the girl scouts for many, many years and believe me I learned how to tie excellent knots."

"I should have know you were an ex-girl scout," Captain Heero said, "the foulness of their ways is written all over you!"

"Who said I was an ex-girl scout?" she asked and looked up at the struggling captain. "I am a troop leader in Orlando."

Captain Heero continued to glare but toned down his struggling. He had let his emotions get the best of him for a moment. But then, he really hated any organization that discriminated against people based on their sexual preference. He decided to rest and wait for the right time to make his escape. He only hoped Duo and the others would still be alive.