Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets Kept in Pain ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Not owning on the Gundam Wing…nope…
A.N. and Warning: This is a side fic to Family Curse Arc. It takes place during chapter one and is a major SPOILER if you haven't read FCA. Read through chapter 2 (Heero's Secret and Surprise) first, unless you want a spoiler…
 
*********
Secrets Kept in Pain
 
Relena looked again from the envelope in her hand to the bassinet next to the bed. She wanted to go to the baby shower for Duo's new daughter, but she still looked like she'd just givin birth. People would ask questions and she wasn't ready to give answers. Keeping her pregnancy a secret for so long had been hard enough, but telling Heero he was now a father? She just didn't know how she was going to do it.
 
A small burble from said bassinet brought her attention back to her new born son. He looked so much like his father. No one could mistake that hair and those eyes. If the public ever found out…she didn't even want to think about that. The world was just not ready to see how far their beloved political princess had fallen.
 
And then there was the Duo factor. He and Heero were so happy together. She didn't want to ruin that for them by springing a baby on Heero. She had no doubts that Heero would love his son. Since the wars, she'd been lucky enough to see his softer side. They'd even become somewhat friends.
 
That was kind of how she got in this situation. Why she had decided to have that beer at the New Years party? She'd never had a drink before that. No alcohol tolerance at all. She'd been drunk and on the couch with Heero before she could even think about what she was doing. And then when the little strip showed two stripes…
 
For months she'd thought her life was over. As she swelled out, she'd had to cancel more and more meetings or do them via video conference. Some people had gotten suspicious, but no one had been able to prove anything. She thanked the heavens everyday for her private physician. He'd been so kind and caring. Not to mention he kept his mouth shut about his employer's `condition'.
 
Now that her son was here, She faced another set of problems. Keeping an infant hidden in her private home was one thing, but once he got older, not so easy to keep under wraps. Toddlers had a way of making themselves known. In the worst of times and ways.
 
`And there…' she thought, `is the big problem.' How would the world take the news of he un-wed motherhood? How was she going to balance her work and her duties as a parent? It was easy now. She was on bed rest and able to give her child her full attention. What happened when she was up and busy again?
 
She couldn't be the mother she wanted to be. She knew that. As much as it hurt her to admit, she knew that she could not give her son the love and attention he would need.
 
Looking once again at the invitation in her hand, Relena made a decision. A hard, nearly heartbreaking decision. It would take time, but in the end it would be what was best for them all. When the time came, she would call her lawyer and make the arrangements.