Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Without Sight ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

O.H: Okay I KNOW Trowa was OOC last chapter but…I don't wanna explain it. They're going to be more normal now so don't worry.
 
Chapter Three
 
Heero sat down heavily and turned on the news listening to the worlds problems.
 
"Yuy! I'm home!" Wufei called from the front door as he entered the house. He had found last week that Heero needed to be told who entered the house or else he attacked.
 
"Hn" Heero grunted in acknowledgment and shifted slightly running a hand over his face.
 
"How did the job interview go?" Wufei asked, padding into his bedroom and dressing in his loose Chinese outfit.
 
"Terrible."
 
"I see." Wufei walked by Heero and dropped something in his lap.
 
Pilot 01 blinked a few times and then moved a hand to see what it was on his lap.
 
The thing on his lap mewled and nuzzled his hand, purring softly.
 
"…Chang?" Heero's voice held a soft caution to it.
 
"Yes Yuy?"
 
"Is this a cat?"
 
"Well, it's a kitten to be exact."
 
"Why the hell did you bring this thing home?" Heero snapped even as his hand began to stroke the small fluffy body.
 
"Well considering as you aren't working and I'm gone all day I thought it would be best to give you something to do besides destroying my home." Wufei smirked slightly as he watched Yuy play with the kitten.
 
"…What its name?"
 
"She doesn't have a name. I left that part up to you."
 
"…What does she look like?"
 
"She's all brown and she has blue eyes. She has white paws and a pink nose and she's a fluff ball."
 
"…Baka!" Yuy shouted as the kitten sank its claws gently into his leg.
 
"Meeeeeow?" The tiny one looked up at him blinking curiously.
 
"Her new name is Baka."
 
"Alright. What are you making for dinner?"
 
"Does Sushi sound good?"
 
"Yes. I'll go cut up the fish."
 
Heero stood. "I'll get the veggies."
 
***
 
Quatre stared at the phone wondering if he should phoned Wufei and see how Heero was doing. He reached out to dial the number just as it started ringing.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Q-ball?"
 
"Hello Duo."
 
"Hey. Turn the vid screen on."
 
Quatre did as told and stared in horror at Duo's bloody face. "What happened?"
 
"I think Une's paying me back for quitting."
 
"What makes you think that?"
 
"Well it was an ex Ozzie that attacked me."
 
"Maybe someone wants revenge?"
 
"Maybe…But Sal went missin' to."
 
***
 
Wufei made sure Heero was in bed before he went and phoned Sally.
 
After three rings he hung up. "Why the hell isn't she answering?" He muttered to himself, standing and heading to the kitchen.
 
Baka ran around his feet as he made a pot of tea, but he completely ignored her.
 
It wasn't like Sal not to pick up her phone.
 
Especially to him…She always answered her phone to him.
 
The ringing of his phone tore him from his thoughts and he ran across the room to answer it.
 
"Sally?"
 
"No Wufei, its Duo…"
 
"Oh. What do you want?"
 
"I phoned to tell you that…that Sally's missing."
 
***
 
Heero sat in his room listening to the conversation outside his bedroom door.
 
"I got attacked by an ex Ozzie…and Sally went missin'." It was Duo's voice speaking and he could hear Quatre calling for Trowa in the background.
 
"What do you mean missing?" It was Chang now, voice hard and demanding.
 
"I mean she quit Preventers just like I did and now she's missing."
 
"Its probably just a coincidence."
 
"I don't think so…"
 
"And why not?" Wufei sounded impatient now.
 
"Well, when I was attacked I was told to make sure Heero was locked up safe and tight."
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah…"
 
Heero turned his head to the window and narrowed his un-seeing eyes as he listened to the faint click of his lock opening.
 
He sat listening to footsteps as they got closer to him and growled as he felt warm breath blow across his face.
 
"Paybacks a bitch Yuy."
 
***
 
Wufei looked at Baka as she snarled, and stared as her fur bristled.
 
"What's wrong Baka?" He crouched down just as the kitten ran to Heero's room and began clawing at the door.
 
Chang looked up and narrowed his eyes. "Duo?"
 
"Yeah Fei?"
 
"Do me a favor…"
 
"…?"
 
"Send back up."