Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Self ❯ Self ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was dark…very dark. And damp. He was lying in a puddle, he realized…but it was warm. Ah, blood. He raised his head, and a sharp pain shot down his spine. Pain. Humans are so fragile…so easily damaged. But without pain, one would not be even aware of the damage. He pondered this for a moment, still laying on his back in the darkness. He looked around, trying to figure out were he was. Then, he realized, he knew where he <I>was</I>. He was <I>here</I>. He just wanted to know where <I>here</I> actually <I>was</I>. The only light was a small flicker that worked its was through the cracks of his confinement. There was no window…helpful. Ignoring the lancing pain that movement brought him, he managed to raise himself to his feet. He moved over to the door, which he could only distinguish by the faint trickle of light that wandered in through the crevice beneath it. There. He heard something. It was only a murmur, but it was something. He listened intently, but for his efforts his only caught small snippets of the conversation. Not enough. Then, footsteps. Closer. Closer. The sound echoed in the empty room. No, not a room, a death pit. And he was next. Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. The jangling of keys, the click of a lock, the creak of the door as it swung open. He took no notice of any of these. The man walked in, slowly, cautiously, and carrying a torch. He didn't even notice the brightness of that torch. He thought nothing as he looked at the man. Until he saw the man's eyes. They were entrancing, so…familiar…emotionless…blue. Those were <I>his</I> eyes… It was only then that he actually <I>looked</I> at the man. <I>His</I> brown, unruly hair…<I>his</I> deep blue eyes…<I>his</I> cold, emotionless stare. The man, still outwardly empty of emotion, held out his arm toward the boy in front of him, a pistol in hand. It was then, just as the shoot rang out, that Heero Yuy realized that when he looked into those cold blue eyes, he was looking at himself.

Disclaimer: Nope, Heero don't belong to me. Sad.

Just a little note: At the time I wrote this, I was not only feverish, but also suffering from insomnia. Baaaad combination.