Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami's Stage; Behind the Jester's Mask ❯ Chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date posted: Monday, October 11th, 2004
Chapter warnings: Extreme funniness and language. A lot of cuss words a head.
Pairings: 1x2 :: 3x4 :: 5x? Still a surprise. Hint00?: I am most defiantly not telling you.


Important!

I would like to get things strait, but before that I would like to make a surprise dedication to Avalon Hunter, this chapter is for you.

Okay, so here I go.

Important notes:

I guess you right about the review thing, I kinda bumped it up too high. But I was really disappointed on last times reviewers. I got so little, it was sad. I'll make a better goal, like eleven reviews per a chapter. That should be reasonable since all my chapters are so long. Don't you think?

For those of you who are confused as to what's going on: (This is only the bargaining. Prepared for mucho, mucho more confusion.)

First and foremost there is going to be a lot of mystery pertaining on what happened the past three years. It is the main plot to this story, by the way.

There is going to be a lot of mini plots as well. I'll name some: the origin of Chi and her brothers (two separate stories), Solo (why isn't he dead?), "the fam," and Wufei's pairing.

A lot of questions, minor ones, will be answered when "the fam" comes over (in about two or three chapters later), but with these answers, even MORE questions. I just love building up the suspense! Any way, when the fam comes over, a guideline will be set on how things work. Plus you get to see how completely strange Solo is. You'll only get a taste of it in this chapter. And you'll get to see the differences in Solo and Duo. "Same yet entirely different."

To those who are wondering why the story is progressing so slow, not considering the time it takes for me to update, I would like to tell you this; details, multiple plots, and my own sick pleasure of torturing you so.

Some thing to keep in mind, this is going to be a very long story.

I've estimated around 54 chapters.

Another important note at the end.


Shinigami's Stage: Behind the Jester's Mask
By: Mira Watanabe


:.: Chapter Six :.:
Day ONE of the Reunion:

Wednesday, May 26, AC 201
Age: 21
...............................................
My Mask

Although it is not Halloween,
I still wear a mask,
A mask that hides my true feelings.
This mask lies when I can't tell the truth,
And tells the truth when I should lie.
This mask smiles when I should frown,
And frowns when I should smile,
This mask cries when I should laugh,
Laughs when I should cry.
This mask covers my true feelings,
So everything seems fine.

::Desire Dorn::
...............................................

Shinigami's Stage:

Journal entrée;
I can feel my bones trembling. They tell me to run, run, run and never go back. My mind tells me this also. But I don't. Would I be considered stupid because of this? Is it coward-ness that bids me to go, and courage to stay? I feel, somewhere deep inside me, that this day will change who I am forever. Is it stupid to be scared? Silly? Or just pain paranoid? I do not know. Damn it! I do not know!

How is it that my mind and body yells at me to go, and yet I still stay! Am I so incredibly stupid?

They're here, they're here, they are sherry here to break me, to torture me, to drive me insane. Why does my chest feel like leaded weight? Why does is hurt so? Why do my eyes burn? Why does my throat clog, like it is being squeezed with an invisible hand? I know the gods are cruel, but this is by far their cruelest!

I can feel my bones trembling.
Is it coward-ness that bids me to go, and courage to stay?
I do not know… Damn it, I do not know….

::Duo Maxwell::
……………………̷ 0;………………….

Duo shuffled a laugh that came out as a snort. That did it. He burst out in a fit of mescaline laughter.

Chi woke up from a short nap she had on Heero, Curious, she picked up her head and peered over his shoulder.

"That's… That's… That's so…" Duo couldn't find a word for it, let alone say it through his laughter.

Sam went to the mini Mobil Suit and picked it up. He motioned with one hand for the table to be cleared, and set the toy down after it was done so. Everyone stared at the now up close and personal doll.

Sam laughed silently and took his place, once again, next to his identical twin. Eric proceeded his typing once more and the doll began moving. All watched in fascination as it preformed various tricks for the next three minutes.

Sam's face turned mischievous as he nudged Eric's shoulder. Answering his brother's call, he looked up from the screen, still typing. It only took a clash of hazel eyes to get the message through. Eric gave a smirk that made Antarctica a summer paradise.

Typing a new command, the viewers were surprised to see their new form of entertainment stop. Then suddenly an Egyptian like song flowed through the toy from some hidden speaker, and it began to dance to it. "Like the Egyptians do."

A surprised burst of laughter rang throughout the room. "Okay, okay!" Duo gasped out, "Stop! I don't think we can take any more."

Eric pulled his hands up and away from the keyboard, and Sam pouted.

Duo wiped some tears away, "So what does this have to with school?" Sam and Eric bore identical smirks.

Eric was the one to speak, "Flamethrower."

No one saw Heero's smirk or Chi climbing on top of the table for the toy.

"Flamethrower?" their dad looked both bemused and weary.

Both boys looked entirely pleased with themselves. "Yep! Got Mrs. Patrick right on the ass! We couldn't get any higher though, due to it's size and all. Although… It does have some pretty nice boosters…" Sam trailed off thinking about how much better it could have been. Eric nudged him and he snapped out of it, smiling for unknown reasons.

Duo shook his head, "You're lucky you didn't get expelled again."

Sam whined, "But they loooove us."

"No, they just don't know what to you with you," Duo said, "That or they are just getting use to it."

Sam shrugged.

"Yep, they are most definitely your kids Duo," the other five nodded their heads, agreeing with Iran.

Duo looked indignant, and had the grace to blush.

Just then a loud thump, like something landing on the floor really hard, was heard upstairs.

"Solo?" Duo called, concerned. A loud 'Waaaahhh!' drifted down to them, muffled a bit.

Eric typed something on the computer. He was silent a second before he started laughing softly. It was one of those rare moments he looked his seven years of age. Curious, Sam looked away from the ceiling to the screen, and joined his brother's laughter.

Duo tore his eyes from the door leading to the foyer and looked at his sons, "Boys? What happened?"

"Looks like Houdini is back," Sam barely got out of his laughing.

Duo shook his head, a smile playing on his lips. "Solo! She is not going to hurt you," he yelled in a tone used for kids.

You could here Solo stumbling down the stairs before he got to Duo and lunged into his arms like a scared child. "Get it away! Get it away! That… That… That… That… That…Cat," he choked on the last word like it was poison, squeezing his arms he had around Duo, seeming to want to push both their bodies into one being.

At that time a white Siberian Tiger entered the great room at an easy stride, and Tails moved out of the kitchen. Both dog and cat stood at even height, which was pretty tall for an animal.

"Rasha down," Duo commanded, and the cat sat, its tail swishing slowly, lazily. Waiting. "Go. Living room. Now." And she was gone, not totally since the living room was part of the great room. But at lest she was behind the couch.

"Shit! I really didn't need that. Damn, I was only finishing my shower, getting dressed, and she just pops up in the bathroom with me! She must really like scaring me or some…." Solo trailed off.

Curios as to what Solo saw that he couldn't, Duo turned around and stopped in his tracks.

"You!" Solo yelled viciously.

"Oh shit," Harry said, just coming into the Kitchen from the opposite side.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Harold?" Solo said, turning red.

Harry crossed arms over his chest and leaned sideways so he rested on the door frame. He was totally relaxed and ready to see what 25 year old could dish out, "What does it look like?"

Solo pulsed, no longer clinging to Duo, as his hands opened and closed with the urge to strangle something, anything, preferably Harry.

"Solo," Duo said seriously, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Not now and not hear. Anyway, he has Night Duty and Nicky threw him out again." Harry shrugged, what could he do about it? Solo growled protectively.

Just then the door opened again and another "We're home," came from the foyer before it closed again. Two men walked into the great room, both standing at similar height of around 6 feet 7. Both had a good muscular built that didn't go bulky, and a good amount of groceries in each hand. No strain.

The first man, about 22 years old, wore a white lab coat, his neck adoring a stethoscope like a necklace. His medium-light brown hair fell in soft waves to his shoulders like clouds. It framed his crystal clear blue eyes, eyes that were the same as a Husk's.

The second man was a few years older, 26. He had strait black hair that went to the small of his back, long but not as long as Duo's whose hair his is knees. He had the average brown eyes, but with a distinct Chinese features and a black dot near his left eye. He wore a black business suit with glasses hanging from a cord.

Duo sighed in relief.

"Solo is everything okay?" the doctor asked.

Solo nodded his head and relaxed a little, "Yes… yes…" slowly yet reluctantly he smiled, "Welcome home." Both men smiled in return, "Good to be home." Solo went up to give them a both a hug at the same time, one neck cradled in each arm. Letting go, he step back so they could go give Duo a hug too.

Someone cleared their throat from the table, most likely not liking being left in the dark for so long.

"Oh, I'm sorry, please excuse me," the doctor said, embarrassed, "I am Doctor Johnathan William Blake, Solo's fiancé. I'm glad to finally meet all of you."

The black haired Asian stepped up then, inclining his head a little, "And I am Professor Nataku Lee Shinron of the Willow Wood collage, also Solo's fiancé."

(Should I stop here?-running away-Don'tkill me!!!)

Shocked silence filled the heavy air. The people in the nook stared, just stared, a few blinking owlishly. Duo hid his face in his hands.

"Wait," Catherine said, blinking slowly, "Wait, both of you are his," she pointed to Solo, "Fiancés." She gave the last syllable some emphasis.

Solo beamed, "I know isn't it great?!" No one seemed to know how to answer that, not even Duo.

"What about Duo? I got the impression that you were both…" Duo was franticly waving his hands, as if warding off a blow, "Nononononono…"

Solo turned to Duo with kicked puppy eyes that could rival Quatre's, "But Duo," he wined. Duo was still waving his arms, "No, no, no. No!"

Solo pouted.

"Guys," came a new, feminine, voice, "Move! Stop hogging the doorway and let us through, now!"

Everyone did and she pushed through, arms loaded with groceries. She was small and petit looking, with a stern aura that made her seem otherwise. Her hair was a long curly brown, and her eyes were a plain brown with thick mascara and eyeliner. She would have been considered ordinary with her faded blue jeans and checkered blue shirt, opened to frame a tan T-shirt, in a tomboyish sort of way. Ordinary… She was far from that.

"Looking good Tasha," Duo joked when she passed him, showing him her backside.

"Duo If my hands were free, I would flick you off," she entered the kitchen.

"Glad to know I still have that kind of effect on you," he grinned.

Tasha dumped the plastic bags on the counter and flicked him off over the bar. Duo laughed.

A Mexican looking man walked through, holding groceries as well, shaking his head at their childish antics. He had short black hair and brown eyes, and he wore a gray oxford with blue jeans. He too dumped his bags on the counter, ignoring Duo and Tasha loud bantering.

Giggles were heard from two girls, one six years old and one seven, both nearly splitting images of Tasha. One of the girls, the oldest, held a bag. She had long brown hair and brown eyes. She was the only one wearing a yellow sun dress. The youngest girl held nothing but a 12 letter of cola. She had her mom's tomboyish look, T-shirt and blue jeans, both dirty. She also had her mother's curls in her much shorter brown hair.

Both girls stopped to see the 'new people' on their way to the kitchen and smiled.

"Lucy, Linda," Tasha called, "C'mon." The girls went to the kitchen and handed their items to their mom, too short to reach the counter on their own. Johnathan and Nataku went to set their bags down as well.

Lucy and Linda both rushed back around the bar to the nook, plopping their heads on the table, both on either side of Heero and Chi. Chi was still playing with the miniature Mobile Suit with Heero.

"Hello," the girl with long hair said, "My name's Lucy," "And mine's Linda!" the other girl piped.

"Hello, Lucy, Linda, my names Quatre," the Arabian said.

"Yep," Linda agreed, "I know you." She looked around, standing on tiptoe, "I know all of you!" she looked smug, "Uncle Duks told us!" Lucy nodded her head in agreement, "Yep!"

The Mexican man laughed, "Yes, Duks has told us a great many of stories." He inclined his head to them, "Hello, I'm Tasha's husband, Raoul."

Lucy smiled, moving to grab his arm, "He's mine and Linda's papa, too." He smiled down to her, "Yep." She beamed happily.

"Ow," Linda cried as Chi grabbed hair. She wined, "Let go… "

Heero moved to help untangle her hair, but Chi had already let go, giggling. Linda waved a finger, the universal sign for no-no, "Yeah, Chi, I knew you were there." Chi giggled again.

A ruckus was heard from the kitchen as Duo and Tasha kept on with their bickering.

Johnathan and Nataku gave each other a look that said, "Should we do something?" Solo caught the guests' eye and shrugged, "They're the closest in our family, living next door and all."

Duo was all arms and a fastly moving mouth as he multi tasked in fighting with Tasha and putting shrimp fried rice bowls out on the bar for lunch.

Yep, good-old Duo.


End Chapter: To Be Continued.


Annoying Author's Notes:

Oh my GOD! I have never been so fucking inspired in my life! I started writing up the next chapter on notebook paper and I just couldn't stop. I kept writing and writing and writing until…. I ran out of paper. (Little imaginary head monster; AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!)

I've been writing since Saturday with little sleep. I couldn't get any! I keep getting great ideas every time I tried to rest!

I skipped breakfast yesterday and ended up having it for lunch.

My wrist was hurting, but after sleeping last night, it feels better now. But my thumb has been in shock since the end of the first day. I'm not sure if it hurts or is just pain numb. I'm going to go with numb, but I think it has a blister under the skin some where. It feels like a blimp! A balloon or something!

Bloody hell!

I estimated over 50 chapters are going to be this story. I got 12 written out, half of those I've wrote this weekend. What I had been working on in months was double in a few days! (0.0;) Oh dear God!

I can't write anything with a pencil now. My thumb won't let me. I have to let it heal for a few days. I hope it hurries though, that little inspiration monster still rains its nasty head and it can't be hold back for long.

Damn it! I still got good things to put on paper!

Thank the Heavens I can type with out using thumbs!


I figured out that this story is going to have a lot of comedy. U.U;; And a lot of weird shit.

If you confused, yes this is a Duo and Heero pairing. I just haven't got that much of their romance in. There isn't any vague showing of their feeling in the beginning; just undercoats you watch slowly develop.

Dear god, I only got 12 chapters written and I'm not even half way through!
Kill me, Kill me now!


Important!

I need more poems! I don't think I have enough for 50 chapters! I don't even think I have enough for what I have now!!!
I need more!!

P L E A S E
R E V I E W!