Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Silent ❯ chapter eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Silent: chapter eight (?)
 
 
Authors Notes: Oh. My. God! I just looked at how many reviews You guys have givin this fic! 103! Yay! This is my second most popular fic! You guys are the best! thank-you sooooooo much! I tried posting this eairler, but ff.net wouldnt let me :( I promise i'll do individual review responses next chapter! Please, please R&R thank you!!!
 
 
I just decided to read this fic myself. I normally kinda.....dont like my own fics, so, once i've typed 'em up, I leave them be. I've only just realised that I actually like this one! It's not as bad as I first thought....
 
 
Also, if anyone out there has a particular challange fic for me, involving any unusual pairings, any yaoi pairings (Sorry, I dont do Het, and only do Yuri as a sideline), any particular genre, words, events that must happen, etc, please, please, please email it or review it to me!!! I NEED A NEW IDEA! Writers block has striken me! Plllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeassssssssssseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! An idea, any idea, please! If I dont get any, I'm gonna move onto Buffy the Vampire Slayer and start writing Spike/Xander fics cause I like them......
 
 
Warnings: Sad! Noting really bad this chapter, but it is kinda sad....
 
 
 
 
Chapter eight:
 
 
The boy had fallen asleep before they had arrived at the estate. Treize carried him up into a room that Zechs had called ahead to request to be made up for their new guest, gently placing him on the large, plush bed.
 
 
Sally arrived three hours later. She was shown into Treize's office, where both Treize and Zechs were anxiously waiting; Treize nervously pacing, Zechs fidgiting, crossing and uncrossing his legs from where he sat beside the closed door, leading through to Treize's and his private rooms.
 
 
"Noin said that you requested my help?" Sally said, glancing between the two males. " What seems to be the problem? No more nightmares I hope, Luitennent"
 
 
"She didnt tell you?!" Treize snapped, running his fingers through his short red-brown locks.
 
 
Sally merely raised an eyebrow, looking slightly amused. "No, she did not. I'm guessing this isnt about the nightmares, hm?"
 
 
"What? Yes, I mean no. I mean, God... Look, a few hours ago, we were inspecting one of the local bases, the last one on the list, we.... we came across a prisinor. He-he was being....raped. He's in a very bad condition. My guess is cracked ribs, broken wrist, sprained ankle, a handful of infected bullet wounds, multipul bruising
and a possiable dislocated shoulder. That's not including....other...lower injuries." Zechs added, as Sally, now looking a mixture between serious and horrified, gasped.
 
 
Zechs and Treize hurredly let the young docter to the unknown prisinors room.
 
 
 
"Oh my.......No.....not him....." Sally gasped, rushing forward.
 
 
"You know him?!" They both exclaimed, trying to follow him into the room.
 
 
".....In a manner of speaking, yes.... Now, if you please, I need to start my assessment. I will call for you when I am done" She ordered, as Treize and Zechs reluctantly left.
 
 
"Oh Duo...."
 
 
Sally managed to treat him, cleaning his infected wounds and wrapping them before he awoke.
 
 
"Duo.....Calm down. It's ok, it's me, Sally. I need to set your shoulder. I need you to keep still, this is going to hurt. I'm sorry, Duo" Sally calmed him down, as she pulled his shoulder back into place.
 
 
Do barely winced. His bandaged hand, however, crept towards his messy, tangled, dirty half-braided hair, carefully, cautously clutching it.
 
 
"Oh Duo....What happened to you? Were you the only one captures? Do the others know that you're here? " She asked, sighing; Duo looked so lost, so small, so fragile, so broken, so...Un-Duo like. He looked like the lost little boy he truely was. He just shook his head, tears leaking from his eyes, trailing down his face.
 
 
"Duo...." Saly half-whispered, half-sobbed, as she pulled Duo into her arms, allowing him to silently cry into her blouse.
 
 
Sally's eyes suddenly widened. Duo Maxwell had been her loudest patient ever; Always laughing, smiling, jokeing, flirting, never not saying anything, really. He had been as annoying as hell, but had been a welcomed difference to the usually somber, silent, nightmare-plagued soldiers and civillians she had had to treat on a regualr bases. But this time, since she had walked in... He had not said a word; Hadn't made a noise.
 
 
"Duo, what's wrong?.....Oh my god, Duo..... You can't talk anymore, can you?" Sally whispered, blinking back tears, as Duo looked up at her in confusion, as if asking 'talk, me? I dont understand...'
 
 
"You've forgottern how..." Sally realised, wiping her eyes, serching through her bag for a notepad and a pencil. Not finding one, she sighed.
 
 
"Do you remember how you got captured?" She asked. He nodded hesitently, obviously not remembering it in detail, if at all, only wanting to please the nice blond lady who seemed to know who he was.
 
 
"Do you remember where you are?" He shook his head. "Who you are?" again, he shook his head. "Do you remember the others?" Again, he shook his head.
 
 
"You are....The person who.... The others are.... The people who saved you are very, very rich. You're inm oe of their estates. They....Dont know who you are...were.... If you do remember, it may be better if you dont tell them...not untill you're sure you can trust them." Sally explained, as Duo, wide-eyed, gazed adorabully up at her, head tilted to one side, blinking in confusion.
 
 
"After all this, and you still look so....innocent"
 
 
Sally packed her bag, gently pulling the covers up over the now yawning (ex?)-gundam pilot, telling him to sleep, giving him two small pills to swallow first, before leaving, shutting the door silently behind her.
 
 
As she closed the door, she was greeted by two anxious-looking men.
 
 
"Is he ok?" Zechs asked. "Why was he there?"
 
 
"What is his name? How old is he? Will he recover?" Treize hurredly asked
 
 
Sally would have found this amusing, had she not known the seriousness of the situation, and the extent of the boy's injuries, both physical and mental.
 
 
"I....The physical damages should heal eventually, but mentally...." Sally trailed off. "He...he has been so badly abused that....To be blunt, he can no longer speak. I do not know if it is merely temparery, or...or if it is permenant." Sally explained, noting their horrified, guilty, shocked and worried expressions.
 
 
"I do not know his name, age, reason for being there or anything about him" Sally lied. "If you still want him to stay here and if you still want to help him-"
 
 
"Yes!"
 
 
"Of course!" both interupted her.
 
 
"Then it will take you a while to get him to trust you. It would be best if, at first, he has contact with as few people as possiable. Dont push him. He needs time. If you help him, though, when he needs it, talk to him, just be there for him, he should grow to trust you, and should recover faster" Sally explained.
 
 
"He's sleeping now; I gave him something that should put out a soldier twice his size out for a day or two. When he wakes up, make sure that he eats something simple, drinks lots of fluids, and takes this medicine" Sally handed the mask-less blond a pile of pill-filled bottles, packets and jars that she had kept in her bag. "He'll want to shower when he awakens, but will need help. Just-just don't touch hir hair without his permission. If he lets you, however reluctantly, it shows that he trusts you" Sally, as they reached the door, turned, saying.
 
 
"Look, he's been through a hell of a lot. I have treated him before, and with wounds just as bad, if not worse, than these. The main difference here is the raping, and...and the fact that his comrades abandoned him, and did nothing to help him. Keep me updated on his condition." Sally said, as she left. "Oh, and just to let you know, once he has recovered-he doesnt like to stay sitting still, being treated like a child, or being insulted. And do not let him see the news or anything about the war or gundams. Though, letting him near mobile suites once he has fully recovered should be ok.
 
 
"Oo-ok then. Um, Treize?" Zechs asked, as they watched Sally drive off.
 
 
"Yes, Milliado?" Treize replied.
 
 
".......Can I take sick leave for a month or three?"
 
 
"Only if I can......"
 
 
 
End of chapter
 
 
please, please R&R! thank-you!