Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Arrangements ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sleeping Arrangements

Warnings: bad humor, shounen ai

Disclaimers: Gundam Wing characters belong to Mixx Entertainment, Koichi Tokita, the SOTSU Agency, Sunrise, Kodansha and anyone I may have forgotten, not to me. I make no money off of this.

The clock in the hallway had just finished chiming off the midnight hour when five battle-weary pilots stumbled into the house and dropped their various duffel bags on the floor. Moving as a unit, they climbed up the stairs to the darkness, mutually agreeing not to turn on the lights.

"Where's the bedrooms?" Wufei muttered, eyes half closed and an ice pack against his head where he'd slammed it against the cockpit's side after a missile impact.

"Just one here," Quatre whispered, leaning against Trowa as they climbed.

"One?!" Duo gasped, mouth still active although his mind had deactivated.

"Two beds," Quatre nodded.

"Dibs on the couch," Wufei suddenly said, turning back around to the living room.

"Don't do that," Trowa sighed. "It's only for one night, and we're only going to be sleeping, right?"

Duo stared in dismay at Heero. "Just sleeping?" he asked.

Heero, who had been up for forty-eight hours and couldn't mask the limp in his right leg, scowled. "Duo...we should sleep."

Duo grinned and turned, ignoring the twinge of pain in his side as he put his hands on Heero's shoulders. "Oh, koi, you're so tense...there's no way you'll be able to sleep now...you need to relax...I can make you relax..." His voice, no longer suggestive, was now blatantly begging.

"Not in the bedroom," Trowa said firmly. "Quatre and I just want to rest."

Quatre gave his lover a mournful stare. "Just rest?"

Trowa, whose long body felt like one gigantic cramp, glanced down at him in wonder. "Not you, too..."

The blonde smiled irritatingly. He'd gotten plenty of sleep the night before, and his worst injury was a sprained finger. "It'll make you feel better," he offered. "Of course, we shouldn't keep Heero and Duo up, so let's go over to the backyard. It's warm out, and there's a big rock wall with added security..."

On the other side of the hall, Heero groaned as Duo started to drag him back downstairs to the front door.

"I'm telling you, Hee-chan, it's really warm outside, and the grass looked soft enough. There isn't even much of a wind, and it's so nice in this part of the world, it's not even that humid. We'll be super comfy out on the front yard, sleeping under the stars--oh, hey Wufei, you can have our bed--and you'll see, I promise you'll love this, I'm softer than any pillow, aren't I?" and then the door finally closed, leaving the Chinese pilot mildly surprised but happy the house would be semi-quiet with those two gone.

They howl like cats when they make love, Wufei sighed.

Suddenly Quatre and Trowa came down the stairs, heading in the opposite direction to the back door. "Oh, Wufei, you can have our bed," Quatre beamed, arms firmly glomped around Trowa as he led him out. "Just don't mind Duo or Heero."

Wufei watched them leave, somewhat confused. They didn't tell each other... he chuckled. So the bedroom will be...empty? He grinned despite his headache and got up to head to the bedroom.

The next morning found Heero sitting at the kitchen table with his head cradled in one hand and a braid in the other. Duo sat beside him, grinning as he poured out the cereal into two bowls, filled them with milk, and put them out.

"Breakfast, Heero," he chirped happily even as he put one hand to the throb on his ribs.

Heero's eyes opened a crack, and he started to spoon the cereal into his mouth while still holding onto Duo's braid as if it was an anchor. A light rain began to fall outside, hitting the window, but neither paid any attention to it.

Five minutes later, Trowa suddenly came in, hand firmly wrapped around Quatre's wrist and pulling the smaller pilot after him. "French toast," he grumbled. "You promised."

Quatre smiled nervously and shook his hair, sending water drops flying. "Okay, Trowa. Just a moment."

Duo stared as Trowa sat down on the opposite side of the table. "Geez, what happened to you?" he asked.

Trowa's hair stood upright, uncharacteristically revealing his entire face, and dark circles ringed both of his eyes. "Quatre didn't let me sleep for five hours," he moaned. "And the rain woke us up. And he promised me french toast in for breakfast last night if I stayed up." He glared at his lover. "I should have gone to sleep."

A few minutes later, Quatre set the nice hot breakfast in front of Trowa, beaming happily as he dug in. When he looked at Duo, however, he tilted his head. "Um...Duo? Why is Heero hanging onto you like that?"

"Oh, someone didn't get enough sleep last night," Duo grinned. "I mean, we did get a lot of sleep, but not enough rest, if you catch my--ow!"

Heero suddenly jerked the braid, quieting him despite the angry glare. "It shuts him up," he said dryly.

"Heero!" Duo whined, tempted to dump his cereal on his head.

"Not so loud," Trowa mumbled, trying not to groan as Quatre bounced into his lap and fell asleep.

And upstairs, covered with blankets from two beds and resting on two sets of pillows, Wufei was still enjoying a wonderful night's sleep.

The End

Wufei: Ah, justice at last.

Quatre: Hey, how come I look like a nymphomaniac in this?!

Trowa: Um...

Quatre: Trowa!

Duo: And me, too! And why is my braid suddenly a leash?

Heero: Because it's quite handy. *pulls*

Duo: Ow!