Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Smoke ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing...I'm too poor to own anything.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Smoke

Sitting here in my office, I again wonder why I never took up smoking. I think it would fit me well. I wonder what it would be like to feel the smoke and such deep in my lungs, to feel the poisons running through my body. People ask why I keep an ash tray on my desk. Maybe it's some weird reminder.

Not that I care about living anymore. I have so little left to live for. Since he died I've been on auto-pilot. Don't let the exterior fool you. I died the moment that MS exploded. We had all thought that would end it. Even he did. What was one life to the peace of our world? A lot.

Sometimes I think I should leave this to the children. I have to laugh at that title. None of them are really children. Never were. But then I realize they are children. For all they know and have done they're children. He knew that too.

This work ages you and I'm growing wiry of it. Everyday just sucks out a little more of me out. It would suck them up to if I let it. Guess that's why I stay here. Despite how empty I am inside, I know they're not ready. I don't care if this burden crushes me, just as long as they're spared a little longer.

I think I need a smoke....

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

A/N: I know who this is...do you?