Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Snow Games ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Snow Games

Warnings: shounen ai, possible ooc

Setting: After the war

Disclaimers: Gundam Wing characters belong to Mixx Entertainment, Koichi Tokita, the SOTSU Agency, Sunrise, Kodansha and anyone I may have forgotten, not to me. I make no money off of this.

It was a lazy afternoon in Quatre's northern estate, with all the work done and no mission assignments from the Preventers headquarters. It was also a cold afternoon, which meant that the gundam pilots were all bundled up beneath layers of heavy blankets. Quatre undoubtedly had it best, sandwiched between Wufei and Trowa under the down comforter. Wufei drowsed, between sleep and wakefulness, on Quatre's shoulder, but he'd occasionally mumble something into the blonde's ear that would make him blush. On the other side, Trowa tried to keep Quatre focused on the storybook in front of them, playfully competing with his Chinese lover for Quatre's attentions. It was a game they enjoyed that they could all agree on.

On the other sofa, Heero had completed his work and now found himself playing solitaire on his laptop. He still wore his spandex and tanktop despite the cold weather, but Duo had dropped a blanket around his shoulders earlier, and the same braided American lay stretched across his lap with another blanket, keeping him warm. All in all, it was a peaceful, relaxing day.

"I'm bored..."

They all groaned. There was no need to look up and see who'd said that. The tiny statement boded mayhem and destruction if Duo didn't find a creative outlet fast.

"Really?" Heero asked, and ran his fingers through Duo's hair.

Duo sighed happily and stretched. "Yes, I'm bored. I wanna do something."

"Read a book," Wufei grumbled.

"That's boring, and you got rid of my comics," Duo pouted, sticking his tongue out at him. "I know!" he suddenly yelled, sitting up quickly and grabbing his boots from the floor. "I want a snowball fight!"

"What?" they all gasped. Even Heero.

"Yeah, it's still winter and there's snow on the ground!' Duo grinned. "C'mon, get up and get your coats!"

"But...it's cold out there..." Quatre argued.

"You'll warm up," Duo smiled. "Plus, you might be able to nail Wufei with a snowball!"

A devious smile popped up over Quatre's deceptively innocent face. Five minutes later, they were all outside.

*****

"Gonna get you, Heero," Duo whispered, a big snowball in his hand as he stealthily crept through the gigantic backyard. He could see Trowa, Wufei and Quatre in a far corner, engaged in a normal snowball fight, but it figured that the Perfect Soldier and the Shinigami would opt for something a bit more...psychotic. Like Search-and-Destroy-Snowball. Winner got to be on top that night.

He used the thick bushes along the house as his natural cover, keeping his eye out for spots Heero might use to hide. The trees were out, since none of them had any leaves anymore, and the small pond was definitely out but only because it was frozen over. If it hadn't been, he wouldn't have put it past Heero to dive in.

"Hmm...could be under the snow..." Duo mused, looking at the white landscape. "No, he couldn't. There are no footprints out here."

While Duo tried to find out where his lover was, Heero was having the same problem. He sat down on the hard surface and looked out over the entire backyard.

I thought the roof would be the perfect place to spot him first, Heero grumbled to himself. But I can't find him anywhere. He scanned the front yard again, then looked back over the sides. No Duo in sight. His movements dislodged a little snow, however, and a few handfuls of it drifted over the side.

Duo spotted the white trickle just a few feet ahead of him, and his eyes narrowed. "He wouldn't...no, he would." He looked up and reached his hand back, about to launch a random shot.

Up on the roof, Heero suddenly realized that the roof did have one blind spot, directly around the house. He got on his hands and knees and looked over the edge. Just in time to see Duo. More specifically, just in time to see Duo make a last-second change in his aim. A small white spot that he couldn't identify seemed to get bigger and bigger...until he caught the snowball right in the face.

"Ha ha! Got you!" Duo crowed triumphantly, doing a little dance. "You're mine tonight, baby!"

More upset that he'd been hit than the imminent bondage and whipping in store for him later, Heero pushed a load of snow off of the roof and directly onto Duo, turning him from black to white.

*****

"Injustice!" Wufei yelled, ducking for safety behind a large tree. "No fair teaming up against one person!"

Quatre and Trowa, who were both aiming at their mutual lover, smiled at each other. Both of them tried to sneak up on the Chinese pilot, not noticing that the snow crunched audibly beneath their heavy boots.

"Really, Wufei, it's just snow," Quatre giggled. "Cold, wet, drippy snow..."

"This is not fair," Wufei repeated, not coming out. "If I hit you, Quatre, I'll be sleeping on the couch for a week!"

"Which is why I'm teamed up with him," Trowa admitted.

Just as they were about to surround Wufei and pelt him with snowballs, he jumped back and landed a powerful roundhouse against the side of the tree, shaking the top branches violently. At the same time, he raised one hand to ward off Trowa's snowball, but Quatre's broke through his guard and soaked his top coat.

And then suddenly all the snow that had been held up in the tree branches shook loose and toppled down, showering all three of them.

For a moment, once all the snow had stopped and lay softly on the ground, Quatre and Trowa stood in mute shock, eyes wide and jaws dropped as the chill hit them. They were absolutely covered in snow. Wufei, despite being similarly covered, began to laugh. "Oh, your faces...you look so funny! I never knew you could get that kind of expression on your face, Trowa!"

"I...thought you didn't want to sleep on the couch," Quatre snapped, but he was starting to giggle again.

"But I didn't hit you," Wufei pointed out, still laughing. "The tree got you!"

Trowa stepped over to Wufei's side and grabbed his shoulders, pushing him into the huge pile of snow. With a startled yelp, Wufei struggled to get back on his feet, but then there were two pairs of hands tickling him mercilessly.

"Stop, stop!" he cried, weakly trying to fend them off. "I yield!"

"Oh no," Quatre gave him a grin that rivaled Duo's darkest smiles. "You really asked for it this time!"

*****

It was a quiet night in Quatre's northern estate, with all the playing done and still no mission assignments from the Preventers headquarters. It was also still flu season, which meant that the gundam pilots were now all bundled up beneath heavy blankets and spoonfuls of Nyquil. Quatre undoubtedly had it best, with only a light sniffle, and he did his best to take care of Wufei and Trowa, who were huddled under the down comforter. Wufei drowsed, exhausted from their snowball fight, on Trowa's shoulder, but he'd occasionally launch into a small coughing fit that would wake him back up. On the other side, Trowa tried to keep Quatre focused on keeping the chicken soup coming, competing with his Chinese lover for the Halls Coughdrops.

On the other sofa, Heero had agreed to take the cold medicine Quatre had given him and now found himself drowsily staring into a deactivated laptop. He still wore his spandex even though he'd soaked them through, but Duo had forcefully pulled his tanktop off and dropped a blanket around him while turning the heat up. The same braided American lay stretched across his lap with another blanket, having changed into a robe, dry boxers and slippers, keeping Heero warm. All in all, it was a peaceful, if still cold, night.

The End