Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Soldiers With Unmarked Graves ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G-boys or Duet. Why would I want to own them? Friends don't own one another. ~flashback~

Soldiers With Unmarked Graves By: Iruka Yuywell

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~*

A young lady knelt in the grass before the solemn stone angel. Tears softly ran down her cheeks as she placed a rose above each of the six footstones.

"Happy anniversary guys." She sighed. "I still can't believe it's been only three years sense…" Images of screeching brakes, flashing lights, and a defining crash filled her head as a sob escaped her lips. She looked down at her false leg. "It really should be me laying there not you."

She reached forward and traced the engraving of the first stone. "01. Ah Heero. That's the only name left to you now. Then again Heero wasn't your real name anyway. Did you ever have a name all your own? You always stayed so quiet about such things. I really wish I could have gotten to know you better."

With another sigh, she laid a hand on each of the next two stones. "02 and 02. Duo. Duet. I remember how happy the two of you were at your wedding. Thank Shinigami you had those tissues, Duet, or I would have soaked that pretty dress of yours. And Duo. You were always the one I felt the closest to. Maybe it was all that time we spent just chatting. Or maybe it was all that dirt I had on you. I'll never forget that night in the chat room…

~Duo: ARGH! Sound files... Butt shots... WHAT OTHER DIRT DO YOU

HAVE ON ME!?!?!?

Iruka: Um...full frontal nudity…?

Duo: You know, Iruka... Poop. That's what. Is there a part of me you haven't

seen?

Iruka: Um...no…~

I really wish I could have seen the expression on your face. It must have been something else."

A smile flitted across her face for a split second. Than her hand strayed to the next stone. "03. Trowa, quieter even than Heero, as I remember it. I was always a little scared of you. Don't ask me why. To this day I still don't know why."

She pulled a picture from her pocket as her hand fell to the next stone. "04. Dear, sweet Quatre. The girls wanted to come with me this time. They send their love to their `Quat and Papa.' I brought a picture. I hope you understand why I didn't bring them. If too many of us come at one time they'll find this place. I take my duty as your protector very seriously."

Her face grew dark as she shifted in front of the last stone. " 05. Chang Wufei. Always the warrior. You held out the longest of them all." Another sob ripped its way from her throat as her hand reached up to hold the ring on the necklace she wore. "I never believed you were half as tuff inside as you tried to make everyone think. That was one of the things I loved about you most. Rest well. You have earned it and then some."

Bowing her head, she said a small prayer over the nameless graves before her. Rising again to her feet, she took her cane and left the graveyard behind. "Goodbye brave pilots. Till next year this time."