Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Someday ❯ Someday ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Someday

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or any of the Gundam Wing Characters. They are owned by whoever owns them. I do not own the song "Someday". I think Elton John or Disney owns it. I know I don't. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

W ARNING: This is a Yaoi songfic.

Some day out of the blue

In a crowded street or

a deserted square

I'll turn and I'll see you

Quatre Rabera Winner slowly strolled down a busy crosswalk, his eyes staring straight ahead. The starry sky above him twinkled down upon him, the moon adding to the light's that were underneath it. People pushed past the pilot in a effort to cross the street before they were late going to where ever they had to go. He didn't care. With a bobcat grin, he jumped upon the curb and strolled down the paved sidewalk.

He looked at the different faces of the people, a sad look in his eyes that he tried to hide. Quatre placed his hands in his pockets, now whistling to himself trying to keep himself happy. Why should I be? There is no life without.....him, He thought bitterly, the smile still on his lips. He continued to walk, a pounding sound coming from his heart. Stop it. It's not like it's the end of the world. You two have ended the relationship. It's over.

They had been going out for years. Their love had started early on, when each needed each other more then anything. Through the fights, arguments, kisses, and hugs, they survived. As a couple. As Quatre and Duo. Duo and Quatre. Now, it was gone.....

As if our love were new

Someday we can start again

Some day soon

Duo Maxwell was sitting down in a small Cafe, his eyes on the drink that he had ordered over an hour ago. It had gotten cold since then but he didn't care. He just watched the liquid swirl around every time he had moved the cup around. He was just staring at it rather then drinking it. He didn't even know why he had even bothered to order it in the first place. Maybe I am desperate for warmth, He thought. But there is none in this cup. It went out a long time ago.

He had been staring in space for the last few weeks, sometimes at nothing at all. Those who were around him asked what was wrong but he'd shrug it off and walk off to another place. There, he'd stare at another object. Hell, he didn't even know why he was daydreaming. Do I really miss him that much or am I becoming one of those people who do nothing all day?, Duo scolded himself, stiffing a small chuckle. There was no reason for him to laugh. Not now. Not yet. I shouldn't have broken up with him.

It had been a meaningless mission. Something that he had to do. Why didn't Quatre see it? Why did he have to be so damn blind? Was it worth ending their love? It had been impossible for him to continue to love him more then he ever did. He loved him with each beat of his heart. But, when he accepted it, it was like all those years had been for nothing.....nothing at all...

Here comes the night

Here come the memories

Lost in your arms

It had been a month. That's all. Four weeks. Thirty days. But it seemed like forever to Quatre. He was now leaning against a wall, his hands still in his pockets. His head was turned to the right, watching the people walk past him. He'd look at their faces and wonder what they were thinking. Were they happy? Did they have someone to go home too? If so, did they love them enough for them to stay?

"Stop thinking of him, Winner. It's over. He and you were never meant to be. You and Duo are finished. Done." The Gundam pilot muttered to himself, trying to keep his mind off of the subject as he closed his eyes. But, every time he'd close them, a sense of the past would come back to haunt him. It was something he could live with at the moment. But, there was something he had to do before he went crazy.

Down in the foreign fields

Not so long ago

Seems like eternity

Those sweet afternoons

Still capture me

He opened his eyes as a scream pierced his ears. He turned his head forwards as he found the owner of the yell. A girl was being picked up by a man as he swirled her around several times. She let out another cry as she placed her arms around his neck and laughed out. She then kissed him on the cheek as they walked away. They look so happy. I remember when I was, Quatre thought as he watched them walk away in a cheerful mood.

That's when he saw him. The only one that had made him feel the same way. At least, he thought he had. He could be mistaken. Like he had before in the past. The figure was sitting on the other side of a clear window, at a booth, in a small cafe just across the street. All alone. Slumped over something. Damn. Am I seeing things or is this the real thing? He thought as he pushed himself from the wall and prepared to walk across the street to find out.

I sill believe

I still put faith in us

We had it all

and watched it slip away

Duo sighed. He continued to look at the cup, still somewhat in a daydream. He wanted to cry but the tears had long since dried up. There were no more crystal like drops to shed. To him, the tears had left him just like everything else had. Like Quatre had. If he could find them then he'd be pretty damn lucky.

A noise made him look up from the ceramic cup and wooden table. He looked over towards the kitchen as two cooks started to argue. One threw down a towel that he was holding in his hands as he shouted something at the other. The second yelled something else to him as he picked up a bowl of salad that happened to be on the table behind him. Then, he put the bowl on top of the first cooks head and gave him a satisfied grin. The first plucked a piece of lettuce from his shoulder and looked at it then burst out laughing. The second looked at him weirdly then started to chuckle as well. At least someone is happy, Duo thought as he watched them.

Where are we now?

Not where we want to be

Those hot afternoons

Still follow me

Quatre crossed the street and started to walk towards the Cafe. As he got closer, the figure had become even more clearer to him. A light wind whipped across his blonde hair, ruffling it just a bit. He shivered but continued to walk. He stopped at the corner, prepared to cross another street. His heart was beating a million miles a minute and the smile, that had been there earlier, had disappeared. In it's place was a thin line that would probably not go away until he saw the person as proof. Proof that it was him. His love. His heart. His Duo.

The pilot crossed the street, trying to keep himself calm. That wasn't a easy task to do as he found himself beginning to feel a bit more happy with every step that he took. I can't believe this. If it is him then....., He thought as he got to the other side, taking his hands out of his pockets and casually walked to the window. That's when he saw him, looking in another direction. Quatre placed his hands on the glass, a small hint of a smile forming on his lips. Then he walked to the door and prepared to walk in.

Some day out of the blue

Maybe years from now

Or tomorrow night

I'll turn and I'll see you

Duo continued to watch the two cooks, his interest almost fading. Both now were cleaning up the spilled salad, still laughing. If everything were that easy.....

He heard the jingle of the Cafe door being opened and moved his eyes to it. They went wide as a familiar figured entered, his eyes squared on the Gundam pilot. Duo turned his head fully to it, quickly moving out of the booth and standing up to his full height.

"Quatre...." He whispered, smiling.

"Duo...." Quatre whispered back, a smile already on his lips.

"About damn time we saw each other again."

"I was thinking the same thing."

"I missed you."

"I missed you to, my love....."

I still believe

I still put faith in us

~~El Fin~~

A/N: Uh, this is my first Yaoi songfic (if you haven't guessed already ~_~;;) and my first Gundam fic (yea, well, that's understandable, I guess ~_~;;;). Just, um, enjoy.