Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Still thinking of a title ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Another boring day at school

"Hey Rei!!! What ya doin' after school?" Asked Misha as they were walking to their last period.

"Nothing with you unfortunately. I'm a little busy tonight so what ever you had planned will have to be done alone."

"Ah man! What are you doing anyways?"

"If I told you, I'd have to kill ya."

"Oooooo, secrets! You know you can't keep anything from me."

"Maybe but I can always try. Anyways, better get going before were late. Later!"

"Fine then. I'll talk with you later then. Bye!"

After saying their goodbyes, they went their separate ways to class. After school, Rei went right to her apartment to get changed. What she hadn't told Misha was the reason why she couldn't do anything with her was because she had gotten a new job but she wasn't allowed to say what it was. After she finished getting dressed, she left and started for a deserted part of town. Many of the buildings were run down and it wasn't really a safe place for a lone person to be in but she wasn't worried one bit. She walked for a couple of blocks until she finally came to a stop. She was standing in front of a building that had seen better days. She went inside and found the place to be deserted. She walked all the way to the back of the building where she found a sort of key pad hidden behind some junk. She entered a code she had been given and a door revealed itself. She pushed another button and the door opened itself and gave opening to an elevator. She went in a pushed the key to bring her to the last floor. She waited for approximately a minute before the elevator finally came to a stop and opened the door. She stepped out and was greeted but a security guard.

"Identification please!" Said the guard.

"My name is Rei Anderson and I'm here to see Colonel Une."

************

"So you're going to rebuild our gundams so that we can fight against this Hannah person?" asked Quatre.

"Yes." Replied Une

"And you're going to build an extra gundam to help us." Stated Duo.

"We don't need another gundam to help us! Nataku and I are strong enough to fight this Hannah person! And who would be this new pilot? Probably someone weak." Barked Wufei.

"Not as weak as you think Wufei. This person has very good precision and accuracy. The results we saw on the simulations were pretty interesting." Answered the colonel.

"Is that so? So where is this guy?" Wufei once again asked.

"This… guy should be here any…"

Knock, knock, knock

"… moment."

A soldier appeared through the door and Colonel Une approached him.

"Colonel, there is someone here to see you." Said the man at the door.

"Well then, send that person in." Ordered Une. "Gentlement, I would like you to meet your newest ally."

The door then opened up to reveal…

"WHAT!?!?!?!" Screamed Wufei. "You've got to be kidding me!"

"Sorry Wufei but this is the new pilot." Replied Une. "From your reaction, I'm guessing that all know her but just in case, this is Rei Anderson."

"Hey guys! Why didn't you tell me you were the gundam pilots?"

"Well, pretty much for the same reason you didn't tell us that you were the new one." Replied Quatre.

"Yeah but I didn't tell you because I didn't know you were… oh."

"NO! I will not work with this onna! She will only slow us down! I refuse to battle at the side of this weak woman! If I go in my Nataku, I won't come back!" Threw Wufei.

"Shut up Wu-man. I think that it's a great idea. And since the new gundam isn't ready yet and ours are still messed up, maybe we could… you know." Added Duo with a grin plastered on his face.

"Ummmm… let me think about that. No!" Rei replied flatly.

"Now, now. There isn't going to any gundam sharing." Added Une. Duo suddenly seemed quite saddened. "But we're working on a system so that 2 people would be able to control the gundam at once but it's still in the building process." Concluded Une. Duo instantly looked happier upon hearing the possibility.

"Well, I still refuse to work with a weak woman!"

"And I repeat myself, shut up Wufei!" Repeated Duo.

"Thank you" Rei said to Duo.

"Anything for you my sweet."

"Oh god, what have I gotten myself in to?" Rei asked nobody in specific.

"I think you got yourself stuck between a rock and… Duo" Answered Quatre.

"So when are our gundams going to be ready?" Asked Heero who seemed to appear out of nowhere.

"They should be ready to go in 2 weeks" Replied Une. "And if there is anything else, I'll have my people contact you so in the mean time, try to get some rest."

"Ok. See you guys later." Said Quatre as everyone left.

With everyone gone, one of the technical assistance went up to Une.

"So, how did everything go?" He asked.

"I have the strange feeling that one of them is going to end up hog tied and stuffed in a closet." Solemnly answered Une.

************

Rei was walking home peacefully when someone called her.

"Yo Rei! Wait up!"

She stopped in her tracks when she recognized the voice and she even thought about running for it but thought against it since he hadn't done anything wrong. She slowly turned around and put on a slight smile

"Hey Duo! What's up?"

"Not much but I just wanted to ask you something."

"And what might that be?"

"Well, ummm, I don't really know how to ask this but…"

"Hey guys! What ya doin'?"

Just as Duo was about to ask his question, Misha seemed to appear out of nowhere.

"Hey Misha! Just the person I wanted to see. Come on, we gotta talk. Sorry Duo but what ever you had to say will have to wait. Later!"

Rei grabbed Mishas arm and started running away from Duo in a random direction.

"Whaaa??? Hey!!! Ah man!" Duo watched the retreating girls until they were out of sight. Sighing, he continued on his way to where ever he was going.

************

"Rei!!! Will you stop running?" Screamed Misha.

"Oh sorry, I just find him so annoying sometimes and besides, I have got to tell you this and he or any of the other guys can't know that you know what I'm about to tell you, do you understand?"

"Geez, it's sounds as if it were top secret or something."

"It sorta is but I just have to tell you!"

"Well, what is it then? Out with it!"

"Not here. Come on. Let's go to that coffee house."

Both girls walked into the small but cozy coffee house and sat in a booth in the corner. A waiter came moments later to take their order.

"Hi!" He said with a smile. "My name is Derek and I'll be your waiter for today. Is there anything I can get for you two?"

"Ummm, I think I'm gonna have a hot chocolate." Said Misha.

"Same please."

"Ok. It'll be here in a few minutes."

"Thanks!" Replied Misha as he left to go make their drinks. "So what's the big secret that you had to bring me here to tell me?"

"Well, it's not really a secret but it's supposed to be. You know about the gundams, right?"

"Of course! Who doesn't?"

"Well, I found out that Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, and Wufi are the pilots and I've been assigned to the new gundam that they're building."

"They're the pilots?!?! Get out of town!"

"I'm serious! Read my thoughts, you know if I'm lying or not."

"Ok, ok, I believe you. Man, who would have thought that those guys were the ones?"

"Yeah, I was pretty surprised myself if you ask me."

"So which one are you gonn…"

"So here are your hot chocolates." Said Derek as he came back to their table, two cups of hot chocolate in hand. "If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask." With a smile, we turned around and went back to serving other customers.

""Hmmm, cute butt."" Thought Misha.

""I must agree with you on that one."" Replied Rei with a smile.

"Anyways, which one are you gonna pilot?"

"Hummm, I don't know yet. I'm probably gonna get the chance to name it once they give it to me but for now, I suppose that it's gundam 06."

"Cool! So when do I get so see it?"

"I don't know, probably not any time soon. Don't forget, you're not supposed to know that I'm a pilot."

"Oh yeah, forgot." Said Misha with a sheepish smile.

"Why does that not surprise me?" Replied Rei with a grin.

"So is everything to your liking?" Asked Derek as he came back to their table.

"Oh yeah! Everything's great!" Answered Misha with a huge smile.

"Are you sure? It looks as if you haven't even touched your cup. Do you want something else instead?" He asked Rei as he looked at her untouched hot chocolate.

"Oh! No thank you! It's perfectly fine, just a little hot that's all. Don't want to burn my tongue." Rei quickly answered.

"You sure?"

"Positive!" And to prove her point, she took a big sip of her hot chocolate. "Mmmm, good stuff! Gotta love hot chocolate!"

"Ok then." He turned and went back to work.

"You burnt your tongue, didn't you?" Asked Misha.

"Yeah…"

"Why didn't you ask for a glass of water then?"

"I think that you can answer that question yourself."

"And what if I can't?"

"Then, you're a lost cause."

"Hey!"

"You walked into it, not me!"

"Well, you didn't have to say anything about it!" Said Misha looking as if she were about to cry.

"Oh come on! Don't start that with me. You know I don't go for your "You don't have to be so mean to me" look. I know that you can defend yourself! Hell, you can defend yourself better then I can. And the only reason you usually act that way is… oh… I see. You don't want to look like a bad person in front of Derek. Right?"

"… Maybe…"

"You know, Derek's looking over here and I think he's even looking at you."

"Really?" Asked Misha with hope in her eyes.

"No. He's busy taking some orders behind you but with what I got from your reaction, maybe you should talk to him."

"Why? I doubt that he would be interested in a girl like me, and besides, I like our dead sexy neighbor."

Standing up. "Oh come on, you have to play the field too, you know." Rei takes Misha's arm, motioning her to stand up "Talk to him like you would any other guy."

Slowly dragging her towards the counter where Derek was working. Misha kept resisting.

"Oh and put on some charm! You're never gonna get him looking scared and unsure of yourself! Now, break a leg!" Rei concluded by pushing Misha to the counter and quickly disappearing through the door.

"Ummm, what was that all about?" Asked Derek as he looked at the slightly flustered Misha.

"That was just my dead friend Rei running away from the inevitable."

"Ohhh. And why is she dead?"

"Cause she thinks I like you when I would rather be in my neighbor's arms…ummm, I mean, did I say that out loud? Gotta go!" and Misha runs out of the café.

"Okay…what ever."

To be continued