Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sunday: Ice rink ❯ Sunday: Ice rink ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sunday: Ice rink

By: Doodle

Rating: PG 13

Contains: Shojen-ai, Yaoi thoughts and hints, language, & Sally Po and Relena Peacecraft bashing.

Pairings: 1x2, 3x4

I don't own the rights to Gundam Wing or any other anime. If you sue me, you're only going to end up getting $20, an Akira sub, a Kiki's Delivery Service dub, a few posters, and a Hello Kitty stress ball.

Like all of the stories I write, it contains a lot of meaningless humor. Just because I write it doesn't mean that I think it's true. If it's OoC, fine. Just as long as it entertains the readers, I'll be happy. I hope you enjoy it. ^_^

It's after the wars. The GW boys are now 22 and work instead of fighting in their Gundams. Having no reason to really go back to the colonies, they all stay on earth. The perfect soldier known as Heero Yue works `secretly' for the Japanese government's as an assassin, Duo Maxwell discovered the rush of extreme sports and works in his extreme sports shop in Wyoming, Trowa Barton works in a circus as an entertainer and lion tamer in Italy, Quatre Raberta Winner continues to work at Winner Enterprises, and Chang WuFei owns a traditional antique weaponry shop in Beijing. They occasionally see one another on the weekends. Since Duo has limited income, they all meet at his house once a month and spend a weekend there. The little two-story house was a duplex Duo spends most of his income paying off. (Well, that and all the food he eats.) It happens to be that one weekend that they meet and it is Sunday evening. Snow and frost barely cover the ground around Duo's house. In the living room of the two-story house, Heero was sitting on the floor and typing away at his laptop as nosy Duo peers over his shoulder. WuFei is in the basement rec room and quietly trying to practice his martial arts. Trowa is downstairs with him but is noisily sleeping on the couch. Quatre is making dinner while listening to a local public talk radio station. Quatre's noisy cooking caught Duo's attention.

"Is dinner done yet, Quatre?", asked Duo impatiently as he jogged into the kitchen.

"Not yet.", said Quatre as he mixed mashed potatoes in a small bowl.

Duo sat at the table in the kitchen as he watched Quatre's every move like a hungry cat. Quatre finished and brandished the serving soon to hold back Duo as he called the others to dinner. Heero sauntered into the kitchen and kept Duo in check for Quatre by holding his braid like a leash as Quatre served the portions onto five plates. That braid is useful for other things besides looking pretty on Duo. WuFei stopped his practice and noticed that Trowa hadn't stirred.

"Trowa! My cold food will not be justified by the fact that you would wake fully rested! Get up!", yelled WuFei.

"You and your justice...", mumbled Trowa quietly.

Trowa rolled over and sat up. Not opening his eyes up, he stood up and shuffled up stairs into the kitchen. Heero stopped quietly necking Duo to see Trowa enter. Duo looked up as well.

"Trowa, your hair! I, I can see both your eyes! At the same time!", said Duo.

Duo snickered. Quatre glared at Duo. Heero rolled his eyes.

"You have to stop slicking back Trowa's hair. He prefers his bangs over his eye.", said Quatre.

Trowa was quite a sight. Just as handsome as ever in Quatre's opinion but he looked like a totally different person. He was less of a hazard with his hair like this. No one had to worry about being poked in the eyes...

"Your hair looks much better.", said WuFei.

"That's because his hair looks like yours.", said Heero.

WuFei ignored Heero and tapped his foot impatiently as Quatre served the dinner. Everyone sat in a chair except Quatre (who was still serving) and as soon as the food was set in front of him, Duo started eating.

"Hey! I have a healthy appetite! You make me out to be as a starved, manner-less, pig.", said Duo indignantly as he saw Quatre glaring at him.

"You are a starv...", said WuFei before Duo stomped on his foot.

Quatre sat down and everyone started eating. WuFei stopped and dropped his fork in disgust.

"I don't deserve this slop. It's too sweet. Just like a woman would make it.", said WuFei.

Quatre was obviously hurt but didn't say anything.

"Don't worry little one. It's just right. The only reason why it's so sweet is because you made it.", said Trowa reassuringly.

Heero put his hand on his face, WuFei rolled his eyes, and Duo paused from eating to stick his finger in his mouth and make gagging noises. Quatre glared at Duo and thanked Trowa who was slightly blushing from embarrassment.

"I think I'm gonna be sick. I can't eat any more.", said Duo.

Everyone stared at him.

"You took me seriously?", asked Duo as he started to eat again.

Heero glared at Duo and then finished off the too-sweet meal before he grabbed a beer and returned to his laptop. WuFei left his partially eaten meal and grabbed a basket of cold, leftover egg rolls from the fridge.

"Injustice.", WuFei though. "This leaves me cold and empty inside."

He finished eating the egg rolls as Duo finished off his meal and Trowa cleaned up Quatre's and his dishes off the table.

"Duo! How old is this chop suey?", asked WuFei as he poked the contents of a small container.

"About as old as the egg rolls you ate.", said Duo who stabbed a discolored mushroom on his plate with his fork.

WuFei glared at Duo for his indirect answer.

"And how old were the egg rolls?", growled WuFei.

"Um, lessee. Saturday we had omelets. Friday I had pizza. Thursday I had a few cups of ramen. Hmmm. About a month old.", said Duo.

WuFei gagged.

"Damn it, Maxwell!", yelled WuFie as he ran to the bathroom.

"Serves you right! You should have asked him in the first place!", yelled Quatre who was now satisfied that WuFei got his just desserts.

Quatre peered out at Heero who was typing on his laptop. Next to him was the half empty beer bottle, which Duo finished off. Heero glared at him and Duo ruffled Heero's already messy hair. Heero was about to make a grab for Duo's braid but Quatre stopped him with a yell into the living room.

"Heero, turn off that laptop. We're going to the rink.", said Quatre.

"Whoo Hoo! Roller skating! I'll beat you again at the dance contest Heero!", said Duo as he pointed at the irritated Heero with the empty beer bottle still in his hand.

"No. We're going to the ice rink.", said Quatre.

"But I don't know how to ice skate!", said Duo.

Heero smirked. Duo showed off a little too much and this was a good chance to have him shut up for a while. But Heero realized that he'd probably pout the whole time or find something else to talk about. He was screwed either way.

"It's not very hard. It's similar to roller skating.", said Quatre.

"I bet they don't have dance contests.", pouted Duo.

Quatre sighed and told him to bundle up because it was cold at the rink. Trowa didn't ask questions, he fixed his hair, and just pulled an oversized red sweater over his green turtleneck. A grumpy Duo walked into the living room with blue jeans, black gloves, black sweater, and scarf that was decorated with little scythes. Heero pinched Duo on the ass to cheer him up. It worked. They started to fool around. Heero's clothes were tight black denim jeans and an old olive green sweater. Duo was trying to find out if Heero was wearing boxers. There were no visible seams showing through the tight, black pants but Duo persisted in finding out. Trowa blushed and tried to ignore the rowdy pair by hiding his face in a magazine he was reading. WuFei appeared wearing a thick jacket and old, blotchy-colored jeans. Seeing this, Duo and Heero stopped fooling around and Trowa looked up from the magazine.

"What?!? I don't have any clothes for winter and this is all Duo lent me.", said WuFei as Heero and Trowa stared at him questioningly.

You couldn't really blame Trowa and Heero. It was odd to see WuFei in trashy old clothes. He always took great pride in his clothes. Any discoloration or rips would go in the trash. (Since he wouldn't do the `woman's job' of sewing.) Everyone then turned to see the last person enter the living room. Quatre came out into the living room last wearing a soft-looking, sky blue sweater, dark blue jeans, and mittens covered in little pink cherry blossoms.

"Cooks like a girl, acts like a girl, dresses like a girl...", rambled WuFei.

Quatre walked out of the house before WuFei could finish insulting him and started up his 1998 Chevrolet Venture.

"When are you going to get rid of this piece of crap?", asked Duo as he climbed in after Heero into the back seats.

"It's a classic.", said Heero. "This is worth over a million."

"Quatre, did I tell you how much I love this mini-van?", said Duo in an almost eager tone.

Heero tried to temporarily shut Duo up by pointing out his `gun'. He succeeded.

"If you want some later, you'll shut up.", said Heero.

Duo grinned mischievously, nodded, and turned on his tiny portable radio to occupy himself until they got to the rink. Trowa slid into shotgun and WuFei jumped into one of the captain chairs. Quatre transported them downtown and pulled into the ice rink parking lot. As they entered the building, a bad rap-techno song started playing. All the GW boys frowned at the tasteless song except Duo, who promptly started shaking his ass to the music just to mess around. Heero went along with the play. He smacked Duo's ass and Duo let out a fake squeal. WuFei easily wiped away a dribble of blood from his nose but blushed promptly from embarrassment.

"Did you blush, WuFei?", asked Duo with a grin.

"No! Only girls blush.", said WuFei defensively.

Duo put on a bigger grin and WuFei backhanded him in the back of the head.

"The rink will be open in 5 minuets for the night skate. Five skates to rent?", asked a fat woman in her late 40s behind a counter in the back of the room as the GW boys approached.

Quatre nodded and paid the fee. As the guys came to collect the skates the woman couldn't help `commenting' Duo and Heero.

"You should smile, you're so lucky to find such a pretty girlfriend!", said the woman as she handed them their skates.

Heero actually laughed. Not like a maniac when he would normally laugh but a genuine laugh. Duo gritted his teeth and growled. But he controlled himself as the baffled women looked at both of them. Now composed, Duo spoke.

"Thank-you.", said Duo in the deepest voice he could manage. "Maybe someday you'll find one as pretty as my boyfriend did."

Duo quickly tied his skates and wobbled/ran over to Quatre.

"Is the zamboni out there?", asked Duo.

"Probably.", said Quatre.

"Can I watch it?", asked Duo.

"Why not.", said Quatre.

"Aw yeah!", exclaimed Duo as he wobbled/ran into the stands that surrounded the rink.

"Duo! Get back here!", yelled WuFei.

"Whatcha gonna do Chang? Karate chop me? You can't even stand up in those things.", laughed Duo.

And it was true. The Chinese boy couldn't even balance on the thin blades. Ornery, he picked up a hockey stick someone carelessly left on the floor and hobbled into the stands after Duo. Heero, who couldn't stand up either, copied WuFei and found a hockey stick of his own that had been stuck in the side of a beat-up vending machine.

"Note to self: bring camera next time.", thought Trowa with a smile as he stumbled into the stands after Heero and WuFei.

Quatre tottered as he followed his Trowa into the stands. Duo was yelling at the zamboni driver for a spin on the large ice-cleaning machine. Heero was going to pull Duo's braid in a vain attempt to shut him up but lost his balance and fell backwards into the stands, bringing Duo with him.

"Hey! Heero! I was gonna get a ride on the zamboni!", pouted Duo.

"No you weren't. You were just annoying the driver.", said Heero as he rubbed a bump on the back of his head.

"You almost ripped my sweater off me.", said Duo.

"I'll rip it off you later.", said Heero with an almost invisible grin.

Duo smiled and grabbed Heero's thigh as he stood himself upright. The driver eventually drove the large vehicle off the ice and the rink was finally open.

"Duo-chan!", squealed Courtney who was with a few fan girls up in the stands.

"Who are they?", asked Trowa.

"Girls.", muttered WuFei. "A lesser form of women."

"Not just any girls though. Fan girls.", said Duo.

WuFei, Heero, and Trowa moaned.

"Girls that adore us...", Duo said with a cocky grin.

"...and control our actions in fanfics.", Duo added quietly.

Quatre looked a little fearful and WuFei scowled.

"But it's not so bad. They're kinda cute.", said Duo.

"That's like calling a roach cuddly.", said WuFei.

Heero gave a sidelong glare to WuFei.

"Hey Courtney!", yelled Duo.

"Is Big Bertha up there cute too, Maxwell?", asked WuFei after he scanned the tiny crowd of girls.

"WuFei! She's not that fat!", yelled Quatre.

"She looks under 180. She wouldn't be any use at the circus. Right Trowa?", asked Duo.

Trowa nodded, Quatre scowled and hit his arm.

"I bet she's an American, Maxwell.", said WuFei.

"Hey! What's that suppose to mean?", said Duo.

"Fortune cookie! How's your wrists?", asked a fan girl sporting glasses and long, brown hair.

"You! You wrote that `fiction'!", roared WuFei.

He tried to climb up the stands to get at the girl as he swung the hockey stick like a broad sword.

"I'm so sorry WuFei-chan.", said a plump girl. "It just came to me and I didn't want to loose the idea."

"I'll kill you! Sally Po! Of all people you paired me with! You had her use bondage on me! You had her rape me! I'll kill you!", yelled WuFei in fury.

"It was just a story! I didn't know it would really happen WuFei-chan! I'm so sorry!", said the plump girl apologetically.

`You're sorry now? Wait `til I get though with you!", spat WuFei.

Duo held him back and Trowa tied WuFei up in his own jacket. WuFei continued to yell obscenities towards the plump girl until Duo bound his mouth shut with his scarf. Another fan girl drew attention away from the plump girl and WuFei.

"Quatre-san! You are so cute!", said a tall, tan, Asian-looking fan girl.

"Thank-you miss.", said Quatre as he blushed.

"Trowa. Trowa.", murmured the glasses-wearing fan girl quietly.

But Trowa didn't hear the girl. Nor did Heero notice a fan girl with a very short skirt and light brown hair leering at him. In fact, Duo had given a last wave to the girls and now all the GW boys ignored the fan girls, for the moment.

"Quatre, show every one what you can do.", said Trowa.

"Not with the fan girls watching.", said Duo with a grin.

Heero hit him and held on to his braid again like a leash in his folded arms. Then Duo realized that he made a bigger mistake. WuFei's over imaginative and hentai mind had caused the little scythes on Duo's scarf to turn red with his nosebleed. WuFei was too stunned to notice. Duo pulled the scarf off WuFei's face and untied him from his jacket. Duo had to smack WuFei a couple times before he was aware of his surroundings. WuFei tried to clean his nosebleed up as he ran and tripped to the bathroom.

"Damn you fan girls!", WuFei yelled.

"You knew that was coming.", said Duo to Quatre.

Quatre warily looked around his feet for blood but the skates were clean. Over the speakers the song Carol of the Bells played as Quatre skated to the song.

"He can figure skate too?", asked Duo.

"He's the best from the Middle East.", said Trowa.

"He's the only one from the Middle East.", said Duo.

Trowa's smile turned to a frown and he gave a quick glance at Duo. Quatre returned breathless.

"You were great Quatre.", said Trowa.

"11 years of lessons have paid off.", said Quatre sheepishly.

"Show off.", said Duo.

"Hn.", said Heero as he tugged Duo's `leash'.

"Son of a bitch! That hurts, Heero!", yelled Duo.

"Shut up. I'll make you live up to your namesake if you don't quit you bitching.", said Heero. "Get out on that ice."

Duo didn't have much of a choice with his lover pointing a gun at his back. Heero was an enough of a threat with his feet steady but was like a fragile bomb with his gun in one hand and trying to hold himself steady with a hockey stick in the other hand. Duo rushed out on the ice and tripped out to the middle of the rink but as for Heero, he promptly fell on his ass.

"Damn! It's cold!", yelled Heero.

"It's ice, Heero.", said Duo.

Heero aimed the gun for Duo's head and Duo dropped to the ice, covering his head and putting a gash on his chin.

"Well that was stupid, Maxwell.", said WuFei as he hobbled out onto the ice. "You think he would really shoot you?"

"Yeah.", said Duo as he sat up and brushed the ice off his cut.

"He would have shot you if he wanted to. You wouldn't have had time to drop like that.", said WuFei.

Duo scowled at WuFei as he realized that the sexist was right. Over the speakers was a man stating that Relena Peacecraft had a message for children who stayed out past curfew.

"That bitch just won't die!", Heero yelled as he shot several bullets when the speaker as soon as her voice came over the speakers.

"Heero, that's probably because you have to shoot her in person.", said Trowa.

"...We lost a radio and three TVs.", said Quatre in a meek voice.

Heero growled at Quatre who eeped and hid behind Trowa. Duo stumbled over to Heero and kissed him on the head. Heero crossed his arms and grumbled as Duo stumbled off and tried to race Trowa. Trowa beat him but didn't try very hard at all. Duo got tired of losing and took a break. He was the only one sweating and panting. He sat in front of WuFei and Heero and wiped the sweat off his forehead. Then he pulled off his sweater.

"WuFei. I'm hot, sweaty, and look, my nipples are hard.", Duo said with a grin as he pinched and twisted them.

"That's only because it's cold in here.", said Heero.

WuFei started nosebleeding and had to pinch his nose shut and crawl off the ice to the bathroom again. A few of the girls in the stands started nosebleeding too but nobody noticed.

"Duo! You're gonna get sick!", said Quatre. "Put your sweater back on!"

Duo gave a fake pout and put the sweater back on.

"You should stop teasing and flirting with WuFei. He's going to need another blood transfusion.", said Quatre.

"You're no fun.", said Duo as he got up.

Duo challenged Trowa to a few more races. He got the hang of it quickly and beat Trowa once. Problem is, Duo didn't know how to stop very well and crashed top speed into one of the walls. WuFei shuffled out again, put his hands in his pockets, peered over Duo, and kicked him a little in the side.

"Shouldn't he have swirlies in his eyes or something.", asked WuFei.

Duo who was dazed, now growled at WuFei and tried to trip him.

"No. He does have a dislocated shoulder though.", said Trowa as he inspected the long-haired bishonen.

Heero crawled over to Duo and sat him up.

"Leave me alone damn it! I'll be fine. It's not like I haven't been hurt before!", said Duo angrily.

Heero struggled with Duo and tried to make him hold still.

"Hold still! You're going to make it worse dumb ass!", yelled Heero.

Heero popped Duo's arm back into it's socket. Duo, of course, yelled.

"You gawd-damned mother-fucker! That's hurt!", yelled Duo in fury.

"You're welcome.", said Heero expressionless as he untied his skates and shuffled off the ice.

"Hey! Maybe it wouldn't so bad if you weren't so rough!", roared Duo after him.

"Maybe if you weren't such a pussy and held still it wouldn't hurt so much all the time.", said Heero.

"Are they still talking about relocating shoulders?", thought WuFei.

"They're causing a sight in front of the fan girls.", thought Trowa.

And Trowa was right. The girls were mixed with feelings of pity for Duo and `excitement' from the last parts of Duo's and Heero's suggestive conversation.

"Guys. We shouldn't fight. We need to get over our differences.", said Quatre.

"Little one. I don't think this is a very good time to try and calm dangerous waters.", whispered Trowa in Quatre's ear.

"You should play peace-maker somewhere else, Quatre.", said WuFei in a warning tone.

"Maybe you should leave Trowa and go fuck off with Relena. You have a lot in common with that pink dotting inbreed.", said Duo angrily.

"Alright Maxwell! Get in the van! You crossed the line when you attacked Quatre! He was just trying to cool you and Heero off! Get in the fucking car now!", snapped Trowa.

Trowa took the hockey stick from WuFei and followed the surprised Duo until they had all took off their skates and retuned them to the counter. Everyone was a little worried of Trowa (except Heero, who wasn't there). They had never seen him get so angry since the wars. (GW boys are never afraid. Girls become afraid. GW boys become `worried'. Don't ask me. It's a pride thing or something...)

"Son. I believe that that is the rink's. You can't take that.", said the woman.

Trowa gave the woman an intimidating, Heero-like glare and walked out with the hockey stick, following the now worried Duo and WuFei out to the van. Quatre timidly followed Trowa and climbed into shotgun as Trowa started up the van and pulled out of the parking lot. He noticed Heero wasn't in the van.

"Where is he?", growled Trowa.

"I think he's walking by foot.", said WuFei.

Trowa didn't have to drive far to find Heero. He got out and started yelling at him.

"Get in the van!", yelled Trowa.

Heero ignored him and continued walking. Trowa followed him and spun him so that they were face to face. Heero calmly looked at Trowa and pulled out his gun. Trowa waited for Heero to aim the gun at him. He had a hockey stick but that wouldn't stop bullets. Heero instead dropped the gun. Heero was going to fight him man to man. Trowa glared at him and threw the hockey stick away.

"I'm going to tell you the last time. Get in the van.", growled Trowa.

Heero turned again to leave but Trowa stopped him again with his hands. Heero twisted Trowa's arm and slammed Trowa face first into the sidewalk. No reaction from Trowa besides a sweeping kick that knocked Heero into the gutter.

"You drew first blood. You won't draw anymore.", said Heero calmly as he spit blood from his mouth.

Heero reached out for Trowa's foot but Trowa positioned himself and flipped backwards. There was an exchange of blows. Heero was very strong but it didn't quite compare to years of extensive training in a circus. They both had excellent endurance but Heero was trained to fight. Trowa was trained to do tricks. Heero had offence and defense. Trowa just had defense. It was experience and proper training over strength. Heero slammed his fist into Trowa's eye with the force of what felt like a 20lb sledgehammer. This caused Trowa to stumble backwards and infuriated him more. He gave Heero an upper cut in the gut and a few punches. Heero slammed Trowa directly in the mouth. Trowa rushed at Heero but Trowa received a kick to his gut, taking the wind from him. Trowa and Heero caught their breath for a moment. Then Trowa faked a charge before he gave Heero an uppercut in the jaw. Heero wanted to end this with a last blow. He tried to aim for the nose but hit Trowa's eye again. They continued throwing fists and occasionally delivering a kick or two. Then, after what seemed like hours of fighting, they stopped. For no reason besides the fact that they tired each other out. Trowa had a fat lip and his left eye was black. Heero's mouth was bloody and he spit out part of a molar. His and Trowa's bodies were sore all over. Still tense and stiff from the fight.

"Fine. I'll get in the van. Anyways, I'd get mugged if I walk though town beat up and tired.", said Heero.

Trowa nodded and walked back to the van with Heero.

"You're going to pay for this though.", said Heero as he looked at his bloody molar.

"I know.", said Trowa.

Quatre had watched the whole thing in horror. WuFei just shook his head in disapproval, thinking that he could fight better. Duo worriedly watched and then when it was over he pouted. Not because the fight ended in a draw but because his lover was going to be sore to do anything that involved sex, let lone kissing.

The two wounded men walked slowly to the van. Too stubborn at the moment to help each other walk. They climbed into the van and silence enveloped the mini-van. Quatre switched places with Trowa and drove them all drove back home.