Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Dreams are Made of This ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet Dreams are Made of This.

Hah! I'm back with another poorly written excuse for a story chapter! Grr… I really need to work on my Ranma ½ fic right now but this damned writer's block! ::pounds with large mallet on a gigantic marble block with the words "Ranma ½ story block" engraved into the sides:: AURGGHHH!!!

PART II

Trowa smirked. About that time the two landed at the foot of the stairs, facing Sally and Wufei plus a few other Preventors with flashlights and one tall Korean man with a crow bar, and a few with guns drawn just in case. One man stepped forward and put a crowbar into the handle space, they having already tried opening it normally. For a few moments the door creaked and groaned, then swung open revealing nothing more than an elevator.

"An elevator?" Some smart-ass in the back asked, "And they still built a stairway? What losers."

"Subterranean levels." Heero commented, hoping he was wrong though he knew he wasn't. This can't be happening, this can't be happening.

Wufei stepped inside and looked at the buttons, "He's right." A few people muttered under their breaths, wondering why he would know. Heero stepped toward the elevator, big enough to fit at least five of them in there at once.

"We going down?" He asked, looking at Sally.

"Of course, Trowa?" She replied, getting in after him.

The clown stepped forward also, "Of course."

"I'll come too. Hans, you supervise the bunker level dig," The man with the crowbar ordered, taking a few flashlights out and passing them around to the others in the party. The man called Hans nodded and started ordering the others up.

"Hans, take this," Sally said, handing him a two-way hand-held radio, "We're on channel 2."

"Got ya."

With that the other man, who later introduced himself as Tod, stepped into the elevator and Wufei pushed the button for the second level.

When the doors opened, there were no lights. The flashlights turned out to be of little help in this darkness, but at least there was good air. For some reason it wasn't stuffy down here, though it seemed to be completely closed up. Much to his surprise Heero found that with the flashlights, it was almost as bright as day to him. As usual, he decided not to worry about it and continue with his mission, ignoring the little voice in the back of his mind that was screaming for attention and yelling some nonsense about how that ability had always been there.

"What the hell is this place?" Sally whispered. Heero didn't blame her for being to scared to speak properly, he just wanted to run. There were too many bad memories here. Memories?! They're just dreams, damnit! Just dreams!

That's when it hit him. Those weren't dreams he had been seeing… they were memories! Memories of his true childhood, not the one that Odin had brainwashed him into believing. At this moment, he was standing in the kitchen of the one place on Earth he never wanted to be again.

"Heero?"

S-3 turned to Trowa swiftly, obviously forcing himself to pay attention, "How long ago was this place found?"

"Around five months ago," Sally answered while investigating the contents of some jars on one long, stainless steel table, "The agents who found it only barely made it back alive. They seemed to have caught some sort of disease while out here and were hospitalized for three months. During that time we thought the tales of this place were just fever dreams."

"I see," Heero replied, switching back to his 'normal' monotone, for once not finding it normal at all. A disease that not even Sally knows of? Someone must have given them something from the medical lab.

"Found a light switch, "Wufei commented before flipping the switch.

Only a few of the fluorescent tubes came on, however, the others having been busted up by something. Whatever the cause, they at least had enough light to see the room they were standing in.

It was a huge kitchen, as Heero knew it would be; or at least, half of it was. The back half of the room was divided into two rooms - one in either corner - and a long, dark hallway down the center.

The kitchen was set up with the cooking area on the left side and one table down the center of the right. Oddly enough, given the table's length, only two chairs were set at the table, five others where stacked by the elevator.

"A kitchen? Harmless enough," Wufei muttered

"Then why keep it underground?" Sally replied, sensing something wrong here. She crossed the kitchen and peeked inside the right-hand back room, "A dentists office?"

"Handy," Trowa commented before opening the door to the left room, "And here's a storage room."

While the other three looked about in the back rooms, Heero began walking down the kitchen counter where Sally had been looking awhile before. It was then that he remembered the other man, Tod, who hadn't said a word since they got down here. S-3 looked over his shoulder at the Korean, noticing the slightly apprehensive expression on the older man's face. Tod looked at Heero after a second, each recognizing the other in that second.

No introduction was given; none was needed. Their individual scents gave their identities away to the other. It was Tod, or should we say, Trinton, that broke the silence, "I never thought you'd come back here."

"I wasn't planning on it, where you?" Heero inquired.

"No, but when I heard that this investigation was going on…" Trinton shrugged.

"You wanted to make sure they found the truth." Heero finished for him, liking the idea of it even as he spoke.

"Yes. Also, I think that they recaptured one of us."

Heero's brows knitted together, "Why would you think that?"

"Look at this place. We both know that Dr. Mulich wouldn't just pull out like this, and if he did he would't have left this much evidence behind. Besides, I've been keeping tabs on the others. The only ones I hadn't found were you, who I assumed had done this; Timber whom I lost track of two years ago; and…" Trinton trailed off, looking back at the others who had come out of the back rooms and were staring at them.

"You know this place, Heero?" Sally demanded.

"Yes; and my name is not Heero, it's Kogji."

"Then why…"

Heero smirked, which -needless to say- shocked the confused three even more, "I pulled a Trowa, you might say, no offense meant, of course," Heero nodded to the aforementioned pilot, "An old… friend… of mind wiped my memory of my childhood. Until now I had almost managed to forget about this place."

"Wiped you memory?" Sally asked.

"If you remember what the Perfect Peace people did to Quatre that one time, then you'll know how he managed it with me. Besides, I was only six at the time, it wouldn't have taken much."

Trinton snorted, "Then again, maybe it would have."

"So then, what is this place?" Wufei demanded angrily.

"Hell," Both S-1 and -3 answered.

END PART II

Hmm… a plot. How neat.