Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Dreams are Made of This ❯ part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet Dreams are Made of This

by Panchan

::yawn:: It's 11:45... p.m... I'm tired, but the urge to write is too strong, damnit! Oh well, guess I'll get on with this. Nah, I wanna talk some more. Thanks to ShinigameShadow for reviewing! (PS. I luv your story!) In this chapter you'll finally figure out what happened to those children! It took me three episodes, but I've got to it finally. Hmm... I need to do a bit more research before I finish this, but that shouldn't take to long. Anywhoo, about the Science element in this chapter... I'm really using some religious stuff in here and mixing it with science. Of course, if you're not a fan of the pagan ways, I don't think you're going to like this that much. Then again, you just might! ^.^ Oh, kreepy! Now I'm starting to become hyper again! ::pumps fist:: Yeesssss! O.o ... my coke (Okay, I'm actually drinking Dr. Pepper but I'm Texan, damnit, and every sort of soft drink, regardless of taste, company, or brand is a Coke!) is almost gone.... hold on. ::turns into chibi-self and runs into her grandparents kitchen to get another DP, holding the empty can out like a snake about to bite:: ::returns in a few minutes her normal self, sipping an ice-cold DP:: mmmmm.... coke... I wonder... is drinking three cans of coke in five hours good for you? Probably not, no da. ... ... ... ... Oh craptacular, now I'm starting in with the no das, no da! And I'm typing to myself, no da! I mean, really! I already hold out loud conversations with myself; I don't need to be doing it when typing, too!! ::sigh:: Are you people bored yet? Thought so. I hope I've scared someone. Hmm, this is good, no da. Now I can scare people without even being with them! And the gods know that my day is just not complete unless I can scare at least _one_ complete stranger! ::suddenly screams:: AAAIIIEEE, no no no, not this song!!! ::changes radio station before "I Hope You Dance"s lyrics can start:: oh that's better... ::content sigh:: alright, I suppose I'll get back to torturing Heero & co.

PART III

"Hell?" Sally echoed softly. (She seems to be doing this a lot lately. O.o)

Kogji nodded (BTW, I'm going to be referring to Heero as Kogji from now on. OOOoo the National Anthem!!! ::turns it up and listens with reverence::), "Precisely. Trinton, who else haven't you been able to see?"

Trinton stared at his 'brother' for a moment, "Kogji... i'm sorry, but I can't find Witch."

"What?" Kogji asked, disbelieving his ears.

"I haven't seen her since we escaped eleven years ago."

"HOLD IT!" Wufei shouted, having already said something twice before to the pair, "You still have not explained all of this."

Trinton looked at them, then sat down on one of the chairs at the table, motioning for the others to find seats, "Fine, but it's kind of a long, complicated story... not even i know all of it, really."

"As long as we get some sort of explanation," Trowa replied, helping Kogji pull over the other chairs.

When everyone was seated, Trinton began his story; "Dr. Mulich is the terrorist who's been threatening our peace for the past few months. I know him because he also, as you had guessed, created this lab. Mulich is a genius, I'll give him that much credit, but mad (as most genius' are....), mad enough to use infants in his genetic experiments.

"Mulich was obsessed with creating a perfect fighting force, but he knew that normal humans wouldn't do. So, using the inheritance he got from his late father, and I assume making money by some means I haven't yet discovered, he went around the world seeking out couples and crack whores messed up enough to sell their newborns to him. However, he'd only take children within a specific age group: from six to nine months only. Once he got the children he needed, he began the experiments.

"You see, there are several energy points on the body, seven total though he only used three," Trinton pointed to the middle of his forehead, "The forehead, called the Third Eye," He lowered his finger to his throat, "The throat," again he lowered his finger, this time to his abdominal area, "and the Solar Plexus.

"He would inject serums of animal DNA into the children at these points, recording what happened to them afterward. He wanted to see if a child could have this done to them, and live. Fortunately for most of them, they couldn't. The unfortunate ones, who lived, mutated horribly. Sometimes the mutation itself would cause their death, the pain being too much for their tiny bodies, or the unstable condition of it. Whatever it was, they, too, were more fortunate than the ones who lived even through that.

"Those poor creatures had no wits left about them, the pain of mutating having left them severely retarded or completely insane. The former he began to train as servants, and the latter he locked away as shock troops; weapons of mass destruction. As far as I know, they were still alive when whatever happened here, happened.

"For years this went on, until I was found... Mulich was shocked that there was no change in me after he ejected me; after he altered my DNA. So, he named me the Survivor, and reformed the upper level of his underground lab into a training center. Finally, he had succeeded. Still, he continued the experiments. I was a year old when Holly was put through it. I remember that day well...," Here he stopped, looking at their faces, "Yes, I can remember times from then. The serums he gave me effected my mind, I can remember up to a few days after the injections. We all can.

"Holly was called Survivor Two, or S-2 for short. I was the only one who called her Holly, a name she chose for herself a few months after being brought here. Next came Kogji," Trinton nodded to the teen, "Then Timber, followed by Dorin and finally came Witch...

"He stopped the experiments after Witch was found. I suppose he figured that six of us was a good number. After that, he upped the level of our training.

"From the day I could walk, they had been teaching me martial arts, weaponry, making sure i was perfectly fit. Before that, I had been taught the complete history of war, tactics and politics. I was trained to be a leader- they made that perfectly clear. Each of us went through it one after the other. Holly was put on the same program as me, however, because she was to be my second. Timber was to specialize in tactics, Dorin in intelligence, Witch in martial combat and Kogji in weaponry.

"For years this is what our life was like. Mulich and his loyal band of followers training us day in and day out; grueling, gut wrenching, and sometimes brutal training... until we escaped. I was eight when that happened. Somehow, we managed to get away with minimal damage; I think that's when Mulich realized his mistake in training us so fast- even though we were capable of living up to it.

"Unfortunately, we didn't know that the outside world was just as dangerous. We managed to get across to the African continent, though to this day i don't exactly remember how..." At this point he looked at Kogji for help.

"If I remember correctly," Kogji began, "There use to be a strait across to the mainland during low tide..."

"That's right. There was... Once in Africa we came across a large city... Tropier, I believe. It was there that, through some unfortunate circumstances, we were split up. I've only seen a few of the others since then."

A long, contemplative silence ran through the group as the three 'normal' humans tried to log the information. Finally, Kogji broke the silence, "So, it was either Timber or Witch, if it is what happened... or, the Creatures could have gotten loose."

"You've got a point... but no. Those agents wouldn't have possibly lived if they had."

** COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Okay, frankly I'm pooped and I'm going to bed. So, you people are just going to have to wait until I wake up for me to finish! NYAHHH!! ::sticks out her tongue then crawls off to go to bed::

::comes back around eight hours later:: Alright peeps, I've got my five hours of sleep now, let's continue!

**BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAMING**

Just as he said that, as fate would have it, they both picked up on a strange sound emitting from the hallway. It was a sort of smooth sound. Like cloth being dragged across linoleum.

"What is it?" Sally asked, noticing the strange way the boys were regarding the hallway behind her.

"Something's coming," Kogji whispered, gesturing for the others to move out of the way. They obliged, leaving him an open shot to the dark portal. Behind him, Trinton hit the lights and they were plunged into darkness.

Using their heightened hearing, they tried to place the creature. They could tell that whatever it was was having trouble. It's breathing was heavy as it dragged itself along. Both of them came to the same conclusion, the poor thing had been beaten pretty badly and probably couldn't last much longer.

The thing turned the corner with some difficulty, and now even the Normals in the room could hear its plight due to the echoing of that particular hallway. "Shit...," the thing distinctly muttered in a voice that could only belong to a female.

Kogji took off his shoes, and then moved down the hallway as silently as he knew how. For a few seconds there was a slightly aggravating complete calm, during which not even the girl dared to breath. Finally she broke the silence, "Whoever's there, take my advice and run while you still can."

"And we should do that... because?" Trinton asked from back in the kitchen, trusting his voice to be carried to her ears.

"You wouldn't believe me," she said, then gathering her energy she held the barrel of her gun to Kogji's head as he squatted down to try and get a look at her, "I said run you... Kogji?"

"Witch?!"

END PART III

Hmmmm.......... I'm actually starting to like this again! (The second chapter almost burnt me out) I hope y'all do to! Oh, and as for the people who're most likely going to flame me for my poor portrayal of Heero, go ahead! I need something to laugh at.