Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Dreams are Made of This ❯ part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet Dreams are Made of This

By Panchan

Hmm… this story isn't very popular is it? Didn't expect it to be, though. I have finally achieved my goal in life! I am as inconspicuous as possible!!! Hehe, although it's no wonder no one's reading this, what with my ranting and raving. ::giggles again:: anywhoo, I might as well continue this while I'm hyper! I write my best angst and fluff at these moments, if I do say so myself! (Though my best certainly doesn't compare to 90% of the writers in this section of FF.net alone…) BTW, you might want to start ignoring my bits of random singing around here… I tend to type out things I'm doing and don't feel like deleting them.

PART IV

"Witch?" Trinton echoed him questioningly, as he was unable to catch her sent from so far away.

"What are you doing here?" Kogji asked S-6 as the gun was lowered from his face. (Okay, note that he couldn't see this action, but he could here it and sense it as the smell of metal and gunpowder wasn't as close anymore)

"No time to explain, you've got to get out of here… NOW" Witch replied, anxiously peering around the corner, trying to hear better.

"What's the matter?"

"shh…" Kogji heeded her warning immediately. There was a long moment of silence before he could hear it: the slightly erratic pattern of heavy footsteps from a few hallways back. He turned his head back to where he knew Witch was.

"What is that?"

"Blitz-mutant." Came the reply followed by a small click that he knew perfectly well to be a gun being cocked.

"We've got to get out of here before it notices us."

"Too late. It knows where I am, it's just toying with me." It was then that Kogji remember that she had been breathing irregularly before… and she still was now. Slowly he reached out and touched her face and came in contact not only with skin, but warm liquid he knew to be blood; severe amounts of it at that. Why he hadn't noticed the distinct smell before was beyond him. (Maybe it's because your idiot writer forgot that Witch is suppose to be hurt and didn't feel like re-typing...) "Go."

"You're hurt."

"I told you to leave." She snapped, her voice raising so that the Normals could here her, "Get out of here before it gets you too."

"Kogji, come on!" Trinton gathered up the others, "Lets get out of here."

"But what's the ma-"

"Just come on," Trinton began to pull Sally toward the elevator, the other guys having known better than to argue at this point.

"Witch…"

"Go…"

"Kogji, you know what you have to do." Trinton's voice came from the elevator. In the pale light Kogji and Witch could just barely make out each other's silhouette.

"Can you run?"

"Don't you think I would've by now? Go, I'll cover you."

A low growl from the down the next hallway caught their attention.

"That's it onna, you've given me no choice…" Kogji growled himself, picking Witch up in once swift movement and beginning to walk back down the hallway, knowing that as he grew closer to the end he also grew easier to see. In his mind, something Odin had taught him here came back to him, whatever you do, S-3, never run from them. It will only infuriate them more.

"Kogji, you baka, put me down," S-6 whispered in his ear, lacking the strength to talk anymore. Kogji didn't like this one bit. Even if he managed to get her out, she might die anyway.

She was too light for her size, for one, and obviously was beginning to suffer from blood loss. He could feel the warm, fresh liquid running down his shirt, soaking into his skin. What was worse, the thing that did this to her was about to round the corner. In a way, he wanted to kill it for doing this to her. Nothing seemed better at this moment, actually, but he knew that he couldn't win. Those things would fight until their death, and they were extremely tough to kill… well, unless you were armed with nuclear warheads; which, at the moment, he wasn't. If he tried to battle it he'd just put her in more danger. Not to mention, Trinton, Sally, Trowa and Wufei.

He reached the dining room table when he heard it turn the corner. The thing, for that is surely the only way to describe it, got one look at the boy who was carrying off his prey and charged. Kogji jumped up just as the thing was about to crash into him, bounced off its head as it flew into the table and dodged into the elevator, practically squashing Trowa. Trinton pounded the top floor button as the Blitz was getting up. The thing focused on them and let out a harsh, almost humanoid yell before rushing at them to be met again with hard metal as the elevator traveled upward.

"What… the hell… was that?" Sally finally managed to say, causing Wufei to start in on Kogji.

"INJUSTICE! How could you lead us into such a place when you knew that was there?!"

"Wufei." Trowa warned, nodding toward the now comatose girl in Heero's arms. In the elevator's light they could see what had happened to her and it was worse than Heero had thought.

Witch had practically been slashed to ribbons (Ayashi no Ceres Vol. 1 flashback!) and her left leg was obviously broken. It was amazing that she had been able to talk move at all, much less live. In her right arm, she still held the automatic she had been using.

"Is she…?" Sally whispered.

"No," Both Trinton and Kogji answered. Trinton stared down at Little Dragon, wonder how she had gotten into such a predicament. It seemed impossible really, as he tried to figure out the logic behind it.

Kogi stared down gently at the young girl from his dreams and began to worry if she would be able to wake up or not.

~

An unfamiliar ceiling… was the first thought that registered in her brain once she woke up. (I love Neon Genesis Evangelion…) S-6 closed her eyes again.

"Hey there, Sleeping Beauty," A low voice greeted her from her left.

"How long was I out?" She asked, letting her body relish the feel of a soft bed underneath her. For once, her head didn't hurt with waking memories of nightmares or the harsh cries of a Blitz.

"A coma for two months strait," Kogji answered, she heard a rustling sound that made her think he was standing up, "I suppose you don't remember waking up yesterday?"

"Affirmative."

"Well, you were only conscious for a few minutes," he replied mostly to himself, "Hungry?"

"Starving."

"I'll be back in a few minutes," Footsteps, then the door closed and she was alone.

After a second or two she slowly opened her eyes again, adjusting to the pale golden light. She was in a small, and somewhat posh, room. A white canopy stretched above her held by posts of a deep black-brown that was probably mahogany, though she really didn't know. What she could see of the walls was covered in white wallpaper with small pink rose vines in perfect lines down it. The carpeting in the room was cream-coloured and stretched across everything, stopping at the back wall where wall-length French windows served their duty proudly while draped in fine, honey-golden translucent material. The two in the middle, however, weren't windows at all, but door that lead out onto a balcony. Near her bed she could just see a small couch - commonly known as a love seat - where Kogji must have been sitting.

Cautiously she stretched a little, and was pleased to find that the movement only resulted in a little stiffness. Happily, the girl tossed off the blanket - to find herself clothed in a dark green tank top and black spandex shorts - and kicked her left leg up in the air, stretching it as tight as she could. Witch then sent her right leg up to join it's partner before arching her back up and hugging her legs to her. A low, cat like noise escaped her lips as, after a few seconds balanced on her tailbones, she fell backward into her pillows. Giggling, she released her legs and stretched them out above her head again.

Kogji chuckled as he walked in carrying a tray full of steaming food. Witch dropped her legs back to the bed and sat up, grinning at him, "Where'd the clothes come from?"

"You don't like them?" He sat the tray down in her lap and ruffled her hair, grinning at the muttered thank you before she began to attack the bacon and eggs, "Glad to see you're not wasting time by chewing…"

"Haha," She retorted through a mouthful. After swallowing and downing a gulp of milk she continued, "Like I said, I'm starving. As for the close, they're fine. It's just a little unnerving to wake up in a completely different outfit, you know."

"Yeah. I picked them out myself." At a strange look from her, he added, "Of course the nurse at the hospital was the one to dress you."

"Speaking of which, don't coma patients usually stay in the hospital?" Witch continued eating, though at a decent pace now.

"Hai, but after you regained basic consciousness yesterday and they removed the IVs they figured, due to some information provided by holly, that it would be fine to send you to the safe house."

"Safe house?"

"Hai, I'm now a part of a peace-pro organization called the Preventors. All the people in this house, save you and a few select others."

"Holly was found?"

"Trinton already knew where she was. Hai, hai, Trinton is here too, as well as Dorin. We've no idea where Timber is though."

A shadow passed over Witch's face as she leaned back against the headboard, her eyes filled with sadness again. "He's with them."

"What?!"

"They captured him two years ago…"

"And you?"

"A few weeks after our escape."

"So you've been living with them…" He whispered.

"Hai," she muttered. After a moment, Kogji moved so that he was sitting beside her and wrapped his arms around her slender frame, adjusting himself slightly when she leaned into him. Just as in his memories, this didn't seem strange; like he had always thought contact like this would.

"What happened?"

"They continued my training as if nothing had happened. At first I refused to cooperate, of course, but they told me they had caught Timber. Being my naive little self, I believed them. They kept his life over my head to keep me going. I realized later, of course, that they had never, until the last few years, actually had him."

Kogji shifted slightly to lean against the headboard, letting her lay across his upper torso and making sure to keep the tray in check so that they wouldn't spill anything, "Bad?" (Why do I have "Lean on Me" stuck in my head now?)

"I suppose. You just get really use to that after awhile. Not that I didn't hate it, but… It's all I've ever known, you know?

Four a.m. wake up call, one hour of meditation, breakfast, hour run on the obstacle course, three of martial arts classes, lunch. Two hours of tactics and intelligence gathering, two hours field training, hour of stealth, hour weaponry, two hours of schoolwork, one-hour of disguise work, one-hour of language, dinner, and bed. Just the normal routine."

"… Damn. Witch I… I'm sorry I couldn't prote-."

"Don't you dare!" She jerked up, glaring down him; "I don't want to hear that from you, Kogji. It is NOT your fault that I was stupid enough to get caught!"

"…"

"…"

For a long, silent moment the two stared at each other. He was leaning back on the headboard, half stretched out on the bed with her positioned awkwardly half above him, her back twisted a little to stare him in the eye with her left hand resting on his chest for support.

(::sings:: if you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. If you fall I will catch you; I'll be waiting time after time…)

"Ooooooo…" A woman giggled from the doorway. Both teenagers turned towards the red-haired person, in shock and slight embarrassment at the position they had been caught in.

Witch stared at the woman, taking her in. She stood approximately 5'9 and had curls of deep red hair cascading down to her shoulders. Her bright green eyes were laughing at them as she sauntered over.

Witch jumped up and into the older woman's arms, "Holly!"

"Witch!" The elder woman exclaimed, hugging the Chinese girl tightly, "How are you, luv?"

"Great now…" She replied, letting her 'sister' go and turning halfway back to Kogji, an apology in her eyes for being so quick to leave his side.

"You certainly do bounce back quickly, you know. Most people would have still been in bed…" Holly scolded, looking to Kogji reproachfully for allowing her out. To Witch, it was almost as if the split had never happened.

"Don't give me that look, sis," Kogji retorted laughingly as he got up, "Do you actually think I can stop her granite-hard-head from doing anything?"

"Good point."

"Hey!" Witch glared at them for a moment before joining in their laughter.

"It's good to see you both again," Holly said, once she could regain her breath, "I've missed you all so terribly much…"

The other two nodded in agreement before she continued, "Anyway, Kogji, out. I'm to make sure this child washes and dresses _properly_ before we go out."

"Hai." Kogji took the tray and left, shutting the door behind him.

"So…" Holly turned back to Witch with a mischievous eye, "Let's get you ready, then."

"Ready for what?" Witch asked suspiciously, not liking the look the older woman was giving her.

"Your interview, of course. And shopping… lots of shopping."

"Why? And what do you mean by, interview? An interview with who?"

"Lady Une, of course; she's the leader of the Preventors and the director of the Mulich investigation. As for the shopping, honey, you're going to need some new clothes, you know."

"Okay, the latter I understand… sort of… but the former…?"

"The Preventors are a society dedicated to preserving the peace between Earth and the colonies. They're the ones that found the old lab, that's why Kogji and Trinton where there."

"I see… and why the interview?"

"To find out what happened from you. Because of the Blitz's they can no longer go down there and that's where all of the important documents, like security recordings and such, would be kept. Of course, you would know that part."

"Of course. Now… why are these clothes unacceptable?"

"They're for guys…" Holly raised her left eyebrow in a quizzical manner, not believing that Witch hadn't known that.

"And your point is?"

The red-head sighed, "Just trust me, k?"

"Okay, but I don't see the point. I don't have any money."

"You just leave that to me, hun," Holly grinned, happy at getting her way.

"But-"

"No 'but's, girl. I have the cash, and if you still have a problem with it- which you had better not- just think of it as sixteen years worth of birthday presents."

"Yes ma'am. Thank you."

"You're welcome, sweetie."

"Now about that 'properly washed' comment…"

~

Kogji finished in the kitchen then grabbed his laptop and wandered out onto the verandah to finish a report he was typing for Lady Une on the Mulich experiments. After a few minutes, a familiar step pattern sounded behind him. She was hesitant at first, then bold, coming up at a fast clip.

"Hello Heero." Relena said, hoping that the pilot would decide to speak to her this time. She had been rather confused lately, for it was the longest she had gone without seeing him. For eight months, she had been threatened, had several assassins actually attempt to go through with them, and not once had he shown up.

She had been told by Duo of rumors of some strange sort of past, some strange girl Heero had been taking care of and she most certainly did not like _that_ at all. (Duo was let into the secret operation at some point during the three-month skip.)

"Relena," Kogji answered, not bothering to inform her of the identity switch. Come to think of it, this personality wasn't much different from who he really was. Odin had 'programmed' him to display the personality he had always shown to the teachers at the laboratory; which was only half of himself, really. The more intimate side he reserved only for special friends, such as Witch, Holly and the others.

"It's been a long time," She paused for a moment before coming around the table he was sitting at to take the chair across from him, "Aren't you going to say something?"

"I'm a little busy."

"I see…" Relena was starting to get sick of this: first he is all cold, then begins to show some interest in her, and finally turns cold again. Oh well, maybe if I wait a few minutes for him to finish, he will lighten up.

A few moments passed before the young pilot spoke again, "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Lady Une asked me to come. She said that you've figured out who's behind these terrorist acts."

"Hn…"

"KOGJI!!" Came a familiar voice from inside the mansion, "WHERE ARE YOU?"

Relena turned to stare at the building, as if the bricks themselves were the ones yelling. The boy in question, however, just continued to type. He only had a few paragraphs left and figured he could finish them within a minute or so if he wasn't interrupted.

The blonde sat in the white wicker chair, staring through the tall French doors as a young Chinese woman wearing an outfit almost identical to Heero's came down the stairs into the mansion's common room. The girl peered into the vast kitchen, then turned, caught sight of them and began to head their direction. I know the Preventor crowd can be a little… odd… but dressing like Heero?

Relena was able to catch a good look at the young woman as she headed over to them. The woman's jet-black hair was cropped a little short at the bottom with the top layers falling down to shoulder length. What strange about that was the small lock of white hair hanging down to eye level. She stood about 5'3, Relena guessed, though with the boots the girl was wearing it was hard to tell. The other woman could be considered good looking, the Vice Foreign Minister supposed, though she had this odd twist of cute and tomboy about her that did not make the word 'beauty' spring to mind. Her mind, at least.

Kogji knew she was coming and, once again, wondered at his friend's impeccable timing. (For those of you who don't know, he was referring to the 'old times') Just as clicked the save button on his report Witch reached them, "Hey there. I know you heard me, why didn't you answer?"

Kogji smiled at her teasing tone, "Just finishing my report."

"I see," Witch looked over at Relena- who looked faintly shell-shocked- then back at Kogji, "Aren't you going to introduce me?"

"Well I might as well wait until… oh, here they come…" He peered behind her to get a better look at the ex-Gundam pilots who were walking through the French doors at that moment. Witch herself turned to get a better look.

The boys all looked solemn- with notable exception on Duo's part- but perked up at the sight of Relena sitting there.

"Hello Miss. Relena, Heero, um…" Quatre hesitated, not yet knowing by what name to call her. All of the boys assumed that S-6 was a touchy subject, though in all the reports that's what she had been called.

"Witch," The girl herself replied, leaning back on the table and steadying herself with her hands.

"Witch," Quatre repeated, smiling at her though he didn't really want to. What kind of person would call themselves that?!

"Witch, these are my… colleagues… Trowa, Wufei, Duo, Quatre, and Relena."

General greetings were muttered, however, Wufei remained silent in the back.

"So Heero, m'man! How's everything been?" Duo asked, dragging up a chair and sitting backwards in it.

"Kogji."

"Excuse me?" Duo's eyebrows quirked up.

"My name is Kogji, not Heero." The Japanese pilot stated simply, shocking the others - with omission of Witch, Trowa and Wufei - for a moment.

"Oookay…"

"By the way, Witch, did you want something?" Kogji asked, looking up at his BFF (Best Friend Forever, and where I'm from is used in general for referring to your best friend)

"Oh it's nothing." The girl laughed, starting to walk away.

"Witch…" He grabbed her wrist loosely.

"Holly and I were wondering if you wanted to come shopping with us," She admitted, staring at the ground near Quatre's feet boredly, "but as you're busy…"

"Just give me a few minutes." He let go of her appendage and settled back normally into his chair

"You'll come?!" The girl turned around, giving a little hop of excitement. At his nod, she hugged him -getting a small smile out of him, which nearly killed the others, especially Relena - then turned and began to run back to the house, "I'll tell Holly!"

"Right," Kougji turned back to his colleagues and was inwardly surprised for a moment at how shocked they appeared, "What?"

END PART IV

Hmm… longer chapter than the others… I think… yeah, I'm pretty sure. I hope you like it! Okay, I know I can't portray the guys very well, I'm just not talented enough in that area, but if anyone wants to help I'd really appriciate it!

Minky: Fat chance, airhead.

Panchan: Heeey!

Minky: Well, it's true. Exactly how many readers do you think you have?

Panchan: One. If she did in fact return to read the other chapters….

Minky: Uh-huh. And you're expecting someone to offer to help?

Panchan: no.

Minky: Then why did you write it!

Panchan: because I felt like it, damn it all! Aren't you supposed to be supportive?

Minky: I'm only your muse, hon. I'm only obliged to offer inspiration, not support if you screw it up.

Panchan: Oh just leave me alone…. X-.-