Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle For The World ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: The Battle For The World
Author: Sefarina Malaika
Pairings: 1x2, 3x4, 5xS
Warning: Language, yaoi, AU, OOCness, some character descriptions used from the novels DragonLance
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or DragonLance...although it would be cool

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Part 3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Relena, Quatre and Dorothy were waiting patiently for the two cornels to arrive. "I hope they'll be arriving soon Dorothy." Relena said, the sincerity apparent.

"They'll be here soon, don't worry." Dorothy put her hand on her friends shoulder comfortingly.

A knock came from the door and all three heads shot towards it. "Come in." Relena commanded.

The door opened to reveal Pargan. "Miss Relena, Mr. Yuy and Mr. Change have arrived. Shall I send them in?"

"Yes right away" Pargan bowed and went to retrieve the two men mentioned.

A few minutes later he returned, with not just two men but four. "Miss Relena it seems that they brought along two companions. One is Mr. Barton from Zointalina and the other is unknown. What shall I do with them?"

"Send them in too. I need to speak with Mr. Barton as well." Relena instructed.

"Alright Miss Relena." Pargan turned around to retrieve the four men in the hall. Soon a boy with messy brown hair, and intense Prussian blue eyes followed by one with onyx black eyes and hair tied in a tight ponytail walked in. They were wearing they're uniform, which indicated their rank as well as who was their commanding officer. Behind them, a tall boy with pointed ears, emerald eyes and a forelock, who caught Quatre's attention right away, accompanied by a boy that had the most distinct purple eyes Relena had ever seen as well as a braid that ran past his waist.

"General, you wanted to see us as soon as we arrived." Wufei asked.

"Yes, I did. Cornels, this is princess Relena." Dorothy motioned to the girl that was sitting across from her. Wufei and Heero bowed and then awaited further instructions.

"Who are your two friends?" The General asked.

"Hn, they're not friends. We only brought them along because he, "Heero pointed to Trowa. "Was told to speak to you."

"Really and who is your companion Trowa, is it?" Relena asked taking her eyes off of Heero to glance at Trowa and Duo.

"Hn, this is Duo." Trowa replied.

"Duo huh. Well what is your purpose to be here Duo?" Relena asked the braided boy.

"Huh? I'm sorry what did you ask?"

Relena huffed. "I said what is your purpose to be here?"

"Oh, I have no purpose, I'm just along for the ride that's all." He replied, shrugging his shoulders.

A knock at the door cut Relena off before she could continue her interrogation. "Come in." She huffed.

"Miss Relena I'm sorry for the interruption but Miss Hilde is here to see you. She says it's urgent." Pargan explained.

"Alright. Boys take a seat." Relena motioned for the four to sit down. She purposely moved over for Heero to sit beside her, however he ended up sitting beside Duo.

Hilde rushed into the room and stopped dead in her tracks." Relena, I just had a vision. The five that were to save the world are to - " Hilde took a good look around at the other people in the room as she trailed off. "Arrived any day." Hilde's face paled. "Relena, Dorothy could I have a word with you in private please. Right now." She urged.

She received a nod from both Relena and Dorothy as they stood up to go into another room.

Once they left the room fell into silence. Duo, never being the one to it still or be quite for that matter, for too long, began to fidget. "So master mage, what's you name?" he inquired to the blond sitting across from him.

"Huh? How did you know that I was a master mage?" Quatre inquired, slightly confused, for he was dressed in casual wear and not his normal robes that showed everyone is rank.

"I just did, that's all. My name is Duo, this silent one is Trowa, the guy over there with the ponytail is Wufei and the guy right beside me here is hero. Now out of curiosity what's your name?" Duo inquired the blond once again.

"Well please to meet you all. I'm Quatre. May I ask you a question?" Quatre asked.

"Well technically you just did but ya go right ahead." Duo joked.

Catching on to what Duo meant Quatre chuckled softly. "Yes, well, where are you from? I don't believe I've seen you around in the surrounding towns and I know you're not from Clyssandria or Miro, cause that's where I'm from. And some one with features like you is hard to forget. Now where are you from?" Quatre asked his curiosity eating away at his core.

"Well you've got me there." Duo looked from each boy in the room to the other, realizing that they were all waiting for an answer. Sighing inwardly, Duo replied. "I'm from the island of Robiaska, which as I told these three earlier is in the middle of nowhere in the ocean. Ok?" Duo replied.

"Robiaska?!" Quatre exclaimed. "But that's the legendary island of the Irda, and it's impossible to get there, unless," realization finally dawned on Quatre. "Unless you're an Irda."

"Well yes that always helps now doesn't it?" Duo commented sarcastically.

"But I always heard that Irda had gold eyes and silver hair." Quatre commented.

Duo's eyes glazed over in anger and pain before the laugher returned to conceal it. Hoping that no one had noticed he replied. "Yes they do. I was just so lucky to be different that's all."

Heero having noticed the look in Duo's eyes had wanted at that very moment to take the boy in his arms and demand what could have made him feel so hurt and angry at the same time. However he just sat there and said nothing.

Just then, before the discussion could go any further, the three girls walked back into the room.

"I'm sorry to have this meeting end so soon but something urgent has come up that needs my attention right away. Since I was only expecting four guests and there are no more available rooms, one o you shall have to share a room with Duo. Again I am sorry. We shall continue this discussion tomorrow. Good evening." Relena excused herself, along with Dorothy, who dismissed her to cornels from duty, and Hilde.

"Hn, I wonder what could be so important that all three had to leave like that? Damn Onna's always rushing around." Wufei commented disapprovingly.

"Oh well. So who am I going to room with?" Duo asked energetically as he changed the subject. No one replied. "Oh come on I don't' bite, I swear. I run, I hide, but I never tell a lie."

"I am not sharing a room with anyone." Wufei stated plainly.

"I'm not spending another night near you Duo. I've had enough if those to last me a life time." Trowa bluntly stated.

"I would but I need total privacy to study." Quatre admitted.

"Well I guess that leaves you Heero. Are you willing to share a room with me?" 'Please say yes,' the lack of response made all of Duo's hopes shatter. "Hey you don't have to. I'll just sleep on one of the couches around here."

"Hn, baka I didn't say you couldn't." Heero replied.

"Oh, ok." Duo responded, perking up instantly.

End Part 3