Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Dooming ❯ Hints ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SK: Sorry this chapter took so long to write up, because of a lack of reviews I didn't feel like writing anymore. However thanks to the urgings of a very instant plot bunny and a friend of mine I wrote more.
 
Zim: Ha friggen zah.
 
SK: Shut up Zim, I could do worse to you!
 
Shadow: She could.
 
Zim: Eep!
 
SK: Anywho, I really need a Beta reader for this story if anyone is up for the position and please Review!! The more reviews I get the faster I update!!
 
With a sigh Duo slid through the door to the recent safe house. He'd gotten a message from G before he arrived here and was told that the others where out on a mission, a fact that he was very grateful for.
 
His bag made a barely audible thump as it hit the ground, released from his tired grip. Again he made the mental note to find and destroy the human who'd invented red eye flights. Making his way up the stairs to his room, his feet dragging slightly. “Must also remember to bring doom to the human who invented stairs.” He paused slightly and blinked realizing that he had sounded just like he had when Dib was ten. Shaking his head entered the bedroom.
 
Turning to a vanity that had come with the house only to once more blink in surprise at his reflection. He had forgotten to turn his holo disguise back on, and now he knew why he'd gotten several odd looks on his way here. It was a bit of shock to him to that it had been so long since he'd seen his true reflection. Taking this solitary moment he reacquainted himself with well himself.
 
Many years ago he had added human DNA to his own to help him blend in on this strange world that would become his home. His skin was still a bright healthy green. The long brunet hair that fell well past his rear was truly his own and not a wig. Pulling off the black air tie he started to undo his infamous braid. As soon as his long hair was loose his slender antenna slid out of their hiding place beneath the soft hair. Duo sighed in relief, for the moment the highly sensitive appendages where free from the constant pressure of the heavy braid.
 
The slender velveteen antenna added a good eight inches more to his height. Though he no longer believed that how tall one is had any relation to ones intelligence he was still please that he had grown on his own to five feet something he was now unlike Tak who had to alter herself with large amounts of human growth hormones to grow. She was a good match for Gaz though. The couple had taken over a nice planet and had turned it into a greatly feared gaming mammoth.
 
Shaking his mind from such thoughts he went back to his self-examination. His faceted crimson eyes where still the same bright orbs though they where now shaped into a more human oval, he still look to thin to be healthy, far to long legs, and clawed fingers of the now altered Irken.
 
Sitting heavily on the chair before the vanity and reached out to grasp his brush… which wasn't there. “Fuck.” He muttered as he remembered his brush was down stairs in his bag. Drumming clawed fingers on the wooden surface as he went through his options in his mind. A) He could brave the stairs again and hope he had enough energy to get back up B) collapse onto the large bed that was giving him the best sad puppy look he'd seen since Gir or C) Borrow Heero's brush and get hewed out for it the next day. Pondering the three choices he decided to borrow Heero's brush, it promised to be the most entertaining.
 
Running Heero's brush through his long hair, being careful of is antenna, Duo Maxwell Pilot of the Gundam DeathScythe once known as Invader Zim of Irk sighed happily. He had changed a lot over the years, watching the stupid worm humans evolve and reach for the stars…. With only minor help on his part. A few introductions of Irken technology here and there and now the colony where up… and causing this war.
 
Duo sighed. “Oh Dib if you only knew what your people where doing now, still so infantile and stupid.” War was an easy concept for him to understand but it had taken Dib a long while to explain that humans had wars amongst their own kind. That was unheard of amongst Irkens. Fight where common enough but wars amongst their own? Unheard of. “Heh, who knew that someday I'd fight along side humans to try and peace to this rotten dust ball? But someone has to protect these humans from dooming themselves.”
 
The sound of a door slamming downstairs and Duo cussed softly in his native language, wanting to hear it even briefly before his respite as himself was over and he'd have to play human again. Still muttering he turned the holo disguise back on and slammed his antennae against his skull. Reaching behind him he separated is hair into three clumps and started to braid trying to ignore the pressure replace on his antennae.
 
“Duo!!” a couple of voices called up as one. Duo could detect happiness in Quatre's voice, a growl in Wufei's voice, and an irritated growl in Heero's. Trowa didn't call up, he was the strong quiet type, which suited the braded Irken just fine, he had gotten over most of the height equals might thing but that the fact that the unibanged boy was taller then him still made him twitch inside.
 
“I'm up here!” he called back, “Heh, Heero is going to verbally ream my ass for leaving.” This amused him for some reason, but he blamed it on how tired he was.
 
“Duo come here.” That was Heero using his I'm he Perfect Soldier Obey Me voice.
 
“I'm braiding hair I'll be right down.” The sounds of footsteps coming up the stairs, soon Heero and Trowa appeared in the doorway.
 
“No your coming down now, we now need to talk.”
 
Duo flashed Heero a fake smile, “I'll be done in a sec.”
 
“Duo its important we need to discuss this.” Trowa's voice was calm as always and curse this little dust ball he was standing tall. With a roll of his eyes and a dramatic sigh he gave in.
 
“Fine. I'll-“
 
“Now.” Heero's voice held enough suppressed violence that he'd make any Irken soldier proud. Tiredly Duo stood and followed the other two pilots down the stairs, and again the mental note to doom the human who'd invented them was made.
 
Bouncing down the last of the stairs he growled slightly as what little braiding he'd started came loose, he flopped down into the overstuffed couch next to Quatre. The blond pilot smiled warmly at Duo as the other pilots arranged themselves in a semi circle around him. “Why do I suddenly feel like I'm going to be integrated?”
 
Heero's eyes narrowed “Where were you? You endangered the mission for what?”
 
“Now Heero! I'm sure Duo had excellent reasons for leaving for those three days.” Ah so nice of Quatre to stand up for the little guy. The blond was a decent human, though how he remained that way in the middle of a war was a mystery to the Irken.
 
“Well then Maxwell I'm sure we're all interested to know those reasons.”
 
Duo smiled at the four pilots. “Quatre' right, I had perfectly good reasons,” he paused for a moment and a wicked smile crossed his lips “And I have no intention of telling you what they are or where I was.”
 
Heero's hands clenched “Duo….”
 
“Yeah yeah I know omae o korosu, you really need a new catch phrase. I'm not going to tell you, live with it. G is fully aware that for three days out of every year I'm to be left alone. Nothing you say or do will change that.”
 
“Maxwell-“
 
“Oh hush WuWu, I don't pry into your past and why you carry that shrine of yours around, honor my privacy.”
 
The dark haired pilot looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding, Trowa nodded as well. Duo knew that Quatre wouldn't pry.
 
“Listen Heero, nothing I did while away endangers our mission. Live with it.” He smiled at the blue-eyed pilot.
 
BAM!!! Duo wasn't the only pilot that jumped as the perfect soldier made a lovely hole in the wall with his fist, then stalked out of he small living room.
 
“Oh my.” Quatre murmured and Duo nodded slowly, Sandrock's pilot sighed, “I think its best if he cools down a bit before we go after him. Duo why don't you get some sleep you look tired.”
 
The longhaired pilot smiled at Quatre “Your right I am, red eye flights are cruel.” He smiled at the other pilots and made his way up those triple doomed steps. The now tall alien never noticed that Trowa followed him with his gaze, green eyes wide.
 
Trowa's gaze didn't waver, even as Quatre and Wufei went their separate ways. As Heero had slammed his hand into the wall he had been watching Duo, the shorter pilot had been startled like the others but he hadn't just jumped with shock… but for a moment… had those been antenna sticking up from his? Standing straight up at that moment of shock, only to be quickly hidden in the long lengths of brunette hair?
 
Shaking his head the Heavyarm pilot stood and decided to find Heero. Maybe Duo did need watching.