Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon Years ❯ Falling Apart ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

26 Dec 02

Pairings: ?

Warnings: Wufei's POV, angst, bad words, & violence

Disclaimer: Don't own Gundam Wing

The Dragon Years

AC 199

Year 2.2: Falling Apart

Music boomed loudly in the club and there were bodies everywhere. Gazing down into his drink, Wufei wondered what in the world he was doing here. Somehow Quatre and Duo had talked him and the other two into coming here. It had been a way to relieve stress and relax the two imps had said. Of course it didn't help when they wouldn't take no for an answer and had basically forced them to go.

"Oi Wufei!"

Looking up at the speaker he noticed Duo grinning down at him. He seemed slightly out of breath and sweat glistened on his pale skin. The other man had been dancing non-stop since they had gotten to the club and had many admirers.

"What is it Duo?"

"Come and dance with me?"

Snorting slightly he glanced back towards his two companions. Heero was watching him with some amusement and Trowa appeared slightly distracted. Following his companion's eyes, he noticed Quatre chatting enthusiastically with a scantily clad female. Cocking an eyebrow at this he wondered just what was really going on between those two.

"Hey are you listening to me?"

Gazing back at Duo he smirked and shook his head no. Wufei watched as the other man stomped his foot and then began to pout.

"I will dance with you Duo."

Wufei turned his head and gazed at Heero in surprise. The other man appeared dead serious and had a slight smile on his face. Glancing at Trowa and then Duo he noticed that they were surprised as well.

"Alright Heero."

All Wufei could do was watch as the two men walked out on the dance floor. It soon became painfully obvious that Heero didn't know how to club dance.

"Ow Heero my foot."

"Sorry Duo."

Letting out a chuckle at there antics Wufei gazed back down at his drink. Things had been slowly improving with his relationship with the other Gundam pilots. They were trying to make sure he fit in and felt comfortable around them. He could feel a tenative friendship forming with them but still felt insecure. And one of the reasons was Trowa and his reserve around him. It seemed that the other man was still angry at him and he was unsure why. Wufei had his suspiouness that it had something to do with Quatre and not the others. Tossing back his drink, Wufei knew that soon he would have to confront the other about this soon.

*

Opening blurry eyes Wufei gazed up at the white stucco ceiling. He could hear cars in the distance and tried to focus on what had happened. Last night's memories all came back in a rush and he groaned softly.

They had just left the club and had arrived back home a few minutes ago. Clubbing had been a complete success and all of them had been relaxed, except for Trowa. The other had been moody and withdrawn. When any of them had asked what was wrong he refused to answer and seemed intent on getting drunk. Wufei had a feeling something bad was going to happen the moment they had stepped inside the mansion.

"Trowa whats wrong? You have been acting moody and quiet all night?"

Wufei could feel the other two tense beside him but he continued to watch Quatre and Trowa. Those two seemed at a stand off and the tension between them was thick.

"Nothing is wrong Quatre."

"That's a lie Trowa."

Feeling everyone look at him, Wufei shrugged his shoulders. Walking over to stand next to Quatre to offer his support, he regarded Trowa thoughtfully.

"You have been acting weird ever since Quatre was talking to that other girl if I remember right."

He watched as the single green eye narrowed in anger and something else.

"Butt out of this Wufei."

"No."

Wufei could feel the tension grow even thicker and could feel the rage coming off of Trowa. Somehow he knew that the relationship between him and Trowa was going to get worse.

"How dare you interfere in my life after you have been gone all this time Wufei. I can't believe that you would have the balls to come back into our lives after they way you shunned us these last few years."

Flinching slightly and feeling hurt, he could only stand there. He could hear the others gasp in surprise but none of them moved to stop him. For some reason that hurt more then the words Trowa had just spoken. He wondered if the others felt the same way but would not tell him that to his face. The funny part was everything that he had said was the truth and Wufei had no right to even interfere in there lives.

"I am sorry Trowa."

"Well sorry isn't good enough."

Bowing at the waist he turned around but stopped when a hand gripped his arm. Glancing over his shoulder he regarded Trowa passively and with no expression. He didn't want the other to know that his words had hurt or effect him in any way.

"You know I think I will tell you what is wrong Wufei."

"Trowa?"

"Shut up Quatre."

Gazing up at the taller man he noticed malice shinning in the green eye.

"I hate you Wufei. I hate everything that you stand for and especially you in general."

Everything seemed to freeze in that instant and yet not at all. Feeling something shatter inside Wufei let out a sigh and smirked up at the other man. He watched as surprise appeared on the other's face and wariness. Wufei shook his arm slightly and felt Trowa release him. Taking a few steps back he glanced at the other three and noticed that they would not look at him. Striding towards the door he opened it and could feel them watching him. Blinking back the tears he took a few steps outside the door before hearing someone call his name.

"Wufei? Where are you going?"

"I am going no where Duo no where at all."

Wufei had walked out of the door and the others had not tried to stop him. He had walked for hours and tried to think about the whole situation. It was pretty obvious now why Trowa acted so reserved around him and now he knew the truth. He wondered if the others felt the same way and yet why offer him there companionship? Everything was just to confusing to figure out and he decided to stay at a hotel. Going back to the mansion tonight seemed like a bad idea and didn't feel ready to face the others just yet.

Rubbing his eyes tiredly, Wufei wondered what he should do. Going back to the mansion was a definite no since he didn't feel up to facing the others and especially Trowa. Gazing over at his the table he noticed the vid-phone and decided to make a phone call.

"Sally Po here."

"Hello Sally."

He watched as the brown haired woman smiled at him delight before it quickly turned into a frown.

"What's wrong Wufei?"

"I want to return to active duty again."

Seeing her about to open her mouth and ask question Wufei shook his head.

"I will tell you when I am ready Sal just please don't ask."

Wufei sighed in relief as the woman slowly nodded her head in agreement.

"Alright then Wufei but I want to know later. Now you will have to get a physical and Lady Une's approval before becoming active again ok?"

Nodding his head in agreement, he said goodbye and shut off the vid-phone. Getting out of bed he quickly stripped off his clothes before entering the bathroom and taking a shower. Resting his head on the cool tiles, he let the water pound away his pain and the water wash away the tears.

*