Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Heart Trilogy #1: Together We Meet ❯ All parts included in this chapter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Forgotten Heart Trilogy Fan-Fic #1: Together We Meet
NOTE: This fan-fic is set after "The Endless Waltz" its after when the Gundams were supposedly "destroyed". There is NO Yaoi/Yuri in this fan-fic. There is also NO hentai in this fanfic. This fan-fic is based on the English version of GW.
Name Meanings:
Katai-Stubborn
Heiki-coolness; calmness; composure; unconcern
Anrui- Silent Tears
Part 1: Welcome to Earth
Heero watched the TV screen and listened to the news reporter comment on the new up-risings. Seems that a new military group had approached earth. The Military group's name was MMPU, Military Missions Peace United. He looked at the screen in disgust, Peace, thats what they claimed to be fighting for...thats what they CLAIMED to be fighting for...perhaps they were...99.9% they weren't.
Lights, a buzzing noise, a door opened. Bright light shone through the door of the air-plane as it opened. Katai walked out the door yawning she brushed a piece of her dirty-blonde hair out of her eyes. She took out a brush and gently stroked her long, strait hair with it. Checking her waist to make sure her hand gun was still there. She walked down the stairs from the plain as she was led to the air-port. She finally found a taxi as the driver lent back in his seat and said, "Welcome to Earth."
"That is strange...the computer screen it just went blank." Relena commented. "I better call Heero at his room at the high school he's better at computer stuff then me." She stood up and went to the phone dialing Heero's number.
Duo hit his computer in a mad rage. "WHATS WRONG WITH THIS THING NOW?" The screen went blank and he almost fell of his chair. "Okay that is it time to get a new computer." He picked up the screen and went over to the garbage can shoving it in the garbage can he slammed the lid shut on it. His servant walked in shaking his head and muttered, "The fifth one this week."
Quatre's face was as blank as the screen of his computer. He had tried everything to get it back online yet nothing seemed to work. He prodded the screen with his finger. Finally giving up he unplugged it.
Katai had her laptop out in the taxi as she shut down the cities whole computer system. The taxi driver looked back at her kind of nervous "What are you doing on your computer lil lass?" Katai grinned and said, "Just playing solitaire." The Taxi stopped at the front of a high school. "Excellent. Thank you."
Heero had got phone calls from Duo, Quatre and Relena so far saying there computers had shut down. Running to his laptop he tried to turn it on. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" His voice echoed down the hall as the screen went black.
The MMPU was having a conference at that High School. Katai wasn't sure why they had chosen that High School. But she knew her mission "Find And Destroy." She went behind the school were she had stored her Gundam in advance. "Hello. Long time no see. Ready to destroy?" Katai asked it as she climbed into the cock-pit. She aimed the rockets set into the left arm of the Gundam. "Set, Aim, Shoot." She whispered as a rocket shot out of the gun. She heard the glass from the windows explode then she watched as the building crumble in front of her eyes. "Luckily nobody was in it...yet."
"Did you hear? At the other high school? Another gundam!" Heero said in alert over the phone to Duo. "Yeah I thought we got rid of the only Gundams ever made. We better go check it out." "Okay I'll meet you there tell Quatre, Wufei, and Trowa." Heero said hanging up he ran out the door.
Katai looked at the boy, he looked around her age. He was standing in front of her blabbering on about seeing a Gundam. She shrugged and put on an innocent smile as if she had seen nothing and said "I don't know what your talking about? Last thing I saw was a construction crew demolishing the building. I got to go ta ta! See you at school." She gave a half-hearted wave and walked off. Heero stood there looking perplexed, as Trowa, Wufei, Duo and Quatre cane running up behind him. "What just happened?" Trowa asked. "I don't actually know." Heero said with a bewildered look.
The Next Morning...
Katai stood in front of her mirror making sure her hair was braided right. A long braid dangled down her back as she wore there school uniform. She was a little short but the average size for a girl her age. She had hazel eyes...nothing unusual or so people would think until they got to know her...
Walking down the halls of her new school she saw people openly staring. Katai didn't really care what they thought of her. After all this job was only temporary. At least that is what she kept telling herself. "No. Emotions make you weak. Your not to get attached to Anything or Anyone." She muttered under her breath. Truth was she liked the Gundam and was getting used to it. Shaking the thought out of her mind she held her head high and walked into her first class. She saw a person she recognized there....the boy who knew about the Gundams. There were no other empty seats. The teacher glared at her and pointed to the one empty seat. Katai told herself to keep her face as stone and sat down in the empty seat looking strait ignoring the boy. She took out a pen and paper and started taking notes. It wasn't as if she needed them but she had nothing better to do.
Shocked she found a folded piece of paper on her desk. It was a note, from the boy. Slowly Katai picked it up and without reading it she ripped it up slowly in front of her. She swept the pieces of paper off her desk and sat there unblinking.
Heero looked at her shocked but he just frowned and turned away.
The teacher took one look at the mess below Katai's desk and said, "Littering in the classroom is not permitted. Come here after school. You shall write on the board 100 times 'It is not good to litter a public place.' " Katai nodded but had no intention on showing up after school she had much more important things to do then play these simpletons games.
After School...
Katai felt a tap on her shoulder as she was getting books out of her locker. She spun around to see who it was and bumped right into another boy her age. "I'm sorry." She muttered helping him pick up the stuff he had dropped. "That is okay." He said standing back up strait. "My name is Quatre." "My name is Katai." She said, grinning for the first time in days. "Can I walk you home?" Quatre asked. Katai nodded and said "That would be nice thank you." She was silent the whole walk to her apartment. Finally he broke the silence saying, "You were the one in that Gundam weren't you?" Katai spun around to face her door and fumbled with the key. "None of your business and even if I had been what does it matter to you? Your the one that destroyed your last Gundam in the first place." She stated, turning the key in the lock she heard him say "There was a very good reason for that." She opened the door and said, "All I want...." Her voice trailed off and she slammed the door in his face. Quatre stood there in shock for a second then turned and walked back down the hall. He didn't answer Heero or Trowa when they showed up around the corner asking, "How'd it go? Did she tell you anything?" Then as Relena showed up saying "You shouldn't pester her you know." Quatre just kept walking. "Maybe I should talk to her." Duo suggested. "No!" Quatre snapped spinning around. "Relena's right. We can't keep bugging her just leave her alone."
Katai sighed and leaned back on the closed door. Life could be so difficult. But she had to keep telling herself "Emotion makes you weak." She took a deep breath and stepped over to her stove setting hot water on it for tea. She undid her hair so that her long hair flowed down her back in waves.
She sat down and waited for it to finish heating up. She heard it perk and went over and then sat back down holding a hot cup of tea. She heard a beep from her computer. Walking over to it she clicked up an e-mail. It said:
MISSION COMPLETE
You did a good job with your first mission. The meeting in MMPU was delayed so we have more time. Were sending another Gundam and a pilot to help you out...You shall meet him in your next mission...here's your next mission...
FIND AND DESTROY
Find and destroy the last Gundam pilots. They already know to much and can't find out anymore.
FROM: Heiki
Katai closed and deleted the e-mail. She was a bit shocked that they were sending another pilot...wasn't she doing a good job? And then the part about finding and destroying the last Gundam pilots....She already knew who they were, and had already talked with them. She had been made to memorize there names and pictures since she was three years old, to make sure she knew who they were. So she had known all along who the boys that had been talking to her were. Maybe she should have known that they would have asked this of her. It was going to be hard. She also realized how important it was for her to kill them. But still.... And also they were all as well trained as her and she was only going to have one partner to help with this. She sighed and walked out on her balcony.
Sitting down she let the breeze blow through her hair. Going back inside she changed into jeans, a low-cut, dark blue T-shirt with orange and red flames on it and black boots. Clipping her hand gun to her waist she walked to the door. Opening it she found a boy standing there about to knock. She put her hands on her hips and said "I guess your my new partner." He nodded. "They sent you fast." She commented. He nodded again and said, "My names Anrui. I guess yours is Katai then." She didn't answer all she did was grab his arm and pull him back into the apartment. She unhooked the hand gun. "Your being followed." She said looking at his shocked face. He had short brown hair and shocking brown eyes. The eyes, so full of emotion. She starred into them then quickly glanced away realizing she WAS starring. His mouth was set in a deep frown. He pulled a pistol out of his pocket and said, "Lets go. We can't hide out in here all day." She agreed. They opened the door and found themselves poking there guns at the back of Quatre. "Hey stop!" Quatre said shocked. Anrui looked at Katai and said, "We could get the first part of our mission done now with only a flick of the trigger." Katai shook her head and muttered, "I'm not in the mood right now. Anyways he's defenseless it wouldn't be a fair." She pulled her gun away from Quatre's back and watched as, slowly, Anrui did the same thing.
"Why were you following him?" Katai demanded as Quatre turned around. "Well I know you know very well who I am and don't you think its my business to know what your up too?" Quatre said starring at her in the eyes. "You do realize were going to kill you. Maybe not now but soon." She said without concern.
"But...I want to help you." Quatre said.
"You can't help. Your useless. You mis-well just sit around and wait for us to kill you." Anrui said ruddily. Anrui didn't like this boy.
"Leave us alone and tell Heero, Wufei, Trowa and Duo to do the same thing. I don't have time for you." Katai said. She started to walk past Qautre down the hall but he grabbed her arm and clutched it tight. "I want to be your friend." He said in a hoarse whisper so Anrui couldn't hear. Katai pulled her arm away from him and said, "Good-bye Quatre. Come on Anrui. We better go start our mission, we'll find Heero first." Anrui followed Katai down the hall. They didn't know that they had left the door to Katai's apartment open. Quatre stepped into the apartment. He looked around and saw a computer. Going on it he clicked on the "BACK" button on the top of the screen and started reading the e-mail that Katai had read only a few minutes ago.
He had known something like this was going on but....that ment Heero was in trouble though. Dashing over to Katai's phone he called Heero talking hurriedly warning him and telling him to try and not hurt Katai or Anrui.
Katai growled as her pager went off in her pocket. Taking it out she also took out her cell phone. Dialing her home number she waited for Quatre to pick up. When he did she screamed into the phone, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY APARTMENT?!!?!I have a tracer thing attached to the phone! Get out of my apartment NOW!"
Quatre winced, "Ouch that hurt don't scream so loud."
"How loud do you except me to scream? Get out now!" She demanded.
"I just didn't want you killing Heero." Quatre said.
"Stop butting in were your not wanted and leave me alone!" Katai said.
Katai slammed her cellphone shut without saying good-bye and turned to Anrui. "We mis-well go back. Quatre warned Heero that were coming so for all we know theres a landmine plated waiting for us." Anrui nodded and they started back to her apartment. When Katai got back she stormed in and slammed Quatre against the wall. "DO you really have to interfere so much?!" She screamed in his face holding his collar. Quatre quickly remembered his fighting skills and hit her hands away. He got in a 'ready' stance waiting for her to attack. But she just stood there rubbing her forehead. "You know this is the reason were forced to kill you." She said looking down at the ground.
Quatre glared at her and said, "We had total peace until you came." Katai looked up and stared at him in the eyes. "Maybe. But would you rather MMPU take over and destroy the world." Her eyes seemed sad in a way. Anrui backed up to the door and said, "This isn't my business I'll leave."
Part 2: Quatre, Whom has disrupted you Mind so?
Katai flopped down on the coach and flicked on the TV. Quatre just stood there still looking at her speechless. Quatre went and sat down beside her and asked, "Do you want to kill us?" Katai's lips moved slightly and she murmured, "Give me a question I CAN answer." Qautre watched her as she gently brushed her hair from her eyes. "It's getting late I better leave." He said getting up and walking out the doors.
It had been two weeks and Katai hadn't shown up to school. Quatre was worrying himself sick. "Eat." Heero said shoving a plateful of food in front of Quatre in the school cafeteria. Heero sat beside him and said, "Its not like you. Your usually happier then this. Why do you care so much about this girl? She is going to try to kill us again." Quatre shook his head and spun his fork around a pile of mash potato's. He looked up at Heero and said, "I don't know. Its not that I care about her exactly...its just...I don't know. I'm going to her apartment today to see if she's okay." Heero gave him a sideways look then sighed and said, "Tell me if she's okay."
Katai curled up on the couch clutching her stomach coughing rapidly. She heard a knock on the door, stumbling over to it her fingers trembled as she touched the knob. She opened the door and fell onto a shocked Qautre. He picked her up in his arms and walked over to the couch. He gently placed her down. Looking at her worriedly she sat up shaking as a cold sweat poured down her face. Her lip trembled and she bit it and said weakly, "I'm okay." "You don't look okay to me." Qautre said staring at her downcast eyes. There were dark rings under her eyes. He lifted her chin so she would meet his eyes and said, "I'm phoning the hospital." "NO! If you do they will no were I live. I can't ever go to the hospital or I'm as good as dead." She said hastily. "Okay, Then I'm phoning a bunch of my friends to come over and see if your okay." He said walking over to the phone in another room.
Katai heard a beep from her computer. Stumbling over to it she saw she had another e-mail. It said:
TO: Katai
From: Heiki
You still haven't killed them! Forget about that for now theres a more pressing matter. MMPU is getting ready to destroy a main office building take your gundam and defend it at all costs.
Good-bye
Katai nodded her head. She had to do this no matter what. Dragging her feet she tied her black boots up and walked out the door silently so Quatre couldn't hear her. Katai wearily walked down the hall and made her way to the apartment buildings basement. Picking her way down the steps she fell on her face. "My fault. I can't afford to be sick." She muttered whipping the blood from her nose. She climbed into the cock-pit of the Gundam. Opening the secret huge door in the basement she walked the Gundam out. She ran down to the office building she stood in front of it and waited.....
"OH SHIT!" Quatre cursed as he saw the door wide open and Katai gone. In a hurry he ran out the door to search for her.
Katai wavered as she watched a whole troop of new mobile suits come up to her. She aimed her gun and blasted the first one out.
Quatre ran down the sidewalk as he saw people running away from an office building. He looked up and saw Katai's Gundam wavering. "STOP!" He screamed at her but she didn't seem to hear. He ran down to were she was diving through MMPU's mobile suits to get to her. Suddenly her Gundam stopped moving. The commander of MMPU's mobile suits hopped out of his cock-pit. Quatre ignored him and climbed up onto the Gundam. Using all his strength he pulled the cock-pit door open. Katai fell out, limply. He caught her before she fell sooner. Her eyes were closed...a stream of blood came out of the corner of her mouth. He shook her and tried to wake her up but she seemed in a daze.
He heard evil laughing from behind him and turned around.
The commander looked at him strait in the eye with an evil smile and said, "Its no use boy. Poison has entered her system she will be dead in a matter of minutes." Qautre turned back to Katai and shook her violently yelling, "REMEMBER! REMEMBER WHAT YOU TOLD ME?! YOU HAVE A MISSION HERE?! YOU HAVE TO FINISH IT!" ""Attack them and kill the boy." He heard the commander say. Suddenly another Gundam stepped in front of Qautre and Katai's gundam. It was Anrui. "You have to get through me first." He said. Quatre turned back to Katai. "Fight the poison. You can't leave this world so soon. You are like an angel sent to save us all.If you die now I will be forced to kill myself!"
Katai's eyes slightly opened. "We wouldn't want that now would we?" Quatre smiled and hugged her. "Don't die on me." He whispered in her ear. Katai closed her eyes again and said, "Maybe it is my time to go. Maybe this is ment to be." Quatre was scared and frantic her voice seemed to be getting weaker and fainter. He hugged her tighter and said, "Remember emotion makes you weak. Don't give in! Don't talk like that it scares me!" He pressed her head up against his chest. He felt something wet on his shirt and looked down. Tears streaked Katai's eyes as she buried her head into his shirt. "I won't die. I won't die until I'm an old lady sitting in a rocking chair." She promised. A minute went by. Two minutes. Three minutes. And still she was alive...bearly but she was alive. "Your going to live I know it." Quatre said. Anrui had beaten all but one of the Mobile suits....the commander. Quatre gently lifted Katai up and whispered, "We need to get out of here but theres no safe way." He said looking down and seeing that without the Gundam they couldn't get away, for before the Mobile suits had died they had all set bombs to go off. "Y-y-you can't use that. It-s-s-s settings there for me. They won-tt-t-t-t work for you." Stuttered Katai as Quatre climbed into the cock-pit of the Gundam still clutching Katai close to him.
"I'm willing to take that risk." Quatre muttered concentrating on controlling the Gundam. His left are felt heavy but he tried to lift it. He started walking avoiding the bombs. Finally getting past them he ran. Seeing the open door of the basement he walked the Gundam inside. Not even making sure the door was closed again he jumped out of the Gundam hurriedly grabbing Katai out and carrying her up the stairs. He put her on the couch again. He turned around and was startled to see Heero standing by the doorway. He ran over to Katai. "What happened is she okay?" HE said looking at what a mess both of them were in. Quatre's white T-shirt was stained with Katai's blood and tears. His face was sullen and a deep frown. His eyes were so full of sadness it hurt Heero to look at them.
Katai's hair was stuck to her forehead, the trail of blood from her mouth was still there, her face was strained and her lips were cracked and bleeding.
Heero looked at Katai and said, "It takes 10 hours for poison to wear out so if your alive at 6:00 AM then you'll be okay." Katai nodded weakly. Suddenly Anrui came running in , exhausted he went to Katai's side and said, "Were a team. I need you to live." He said. Katai starred into those emotion filled eyes. So compelling. Snapping her eyes away and gently closing them. Anrui nodded good-bye to Heero and Quatre he walked out. Heero said good-bye and left too leaving Qautre to say good-bye.
Qautre looked at Katai and said, "Let me stay the night. You can't stay here on your own." "No. You need your rest." Katai said softly. Quatre was about to protest but he saw the pleading in her eyes. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow then." Katai opened her eyes and looked up at him sadly and said, "If there is a tomorrow." Quatre looked at her and said, "Then I'll meet you in heaven." With that he opened the door and left. Katai was exhausted and soon fell asleep.
Anrui sat up all night worried about Katai. He shook his head and rolled over in bed. He needed his sleep.
Light? Is that what she saw? Birds singing? Opening her eyes she looked up and touched her face. Dried blood. She sat up but clutched her stomach. Pain reminded her of what had happened. Did that mean? Was she? Was she alive? She burst out of the door to her apartment to find Quatre but saw him sitting by her apartment door sleeping. She shook him awake. His eyes opened and he saw her. "Your...ALIVE!" He jumped up and enveloped her in a hug. She hugged him back. Tears of joy streaked down Quatre's face. Finally he released Katai. "Come into my apartment you can have breakfast." She said giving a weak smile. She was still very tiered and weak but the pain had stopped. Walking in she weakly pointed to a cupboard, "The cereals in that one. Help yourself." She went into the bathroom and climbed into the shower.
Quatre couldn't believe it. He didn't know what he was feeling...maybe it was utter joy that Katai was alive. Whatever it was he was happy. He poured a bowl of cereal for Katai and himself. He started to eat when Katai came out dressed in a flower patterned baby blue dress. He gawked to surprised to say anything. "Its all I have left I have to go do another load of laundry." She said making a face. She sat down at the table combing her hair. She tied her hair back into a loose pony-tail. She ate some of the captain crunch cereal avoiding Quatre's eyes. They ate in silence. When they were done Katai stood up at took the bowls to the dishwasher. Quatre came and stood beside her. "You know....I think I'm falling in love with you." He said. Katai gasped. She avoided his eyes. "You better leave now." She said. He nodded and said "Good-bye then." He left. Katai heard another beep from her computer, "Not so soon." She muttered. Going over to the computer she checked the e-mail.
TO: Katai
FROM: Heiki
Since you can't destroy the old Gundam Pilots on your own were sending an assassin the first one on his list is Quatre.
Good-bye.
Katai gasped. She remembered how fast Anrui came after the e-mail. Running out the door she finally caught up to Quatre. Gasping for breath he said, "Whats so important?" She starred at him then saw a glint off a gun to the left. Diving in front of Quatre she pushed him out of the way of the bullet.
Katai picked herself up and turned to the man who had shot the gun. She went in a kneeling stance then lunged herself at him. He dropped the gun and fell backwards in surprise. The assassin got back to his feet and pulled out his knife. Katai pulled out her own knife too. She glanced back at Quatre to see if he was okay. He was standing there watching her and the assassin fight. She turned back to the assassin. Moving forward she said, "You shouldn't be here. I won't let you kill any of them." The Man sneered at her and said, "Your getting weaker, girl. Emotions will get you nowhere." Katai starred at the ugly man. His face was twisted with hate. He had straggly black hair and brown eyes.
Katai picked up the gun and turned to Quatre. She frowned and said, "He's right you know." Much to Quatres horror Katai raised the gun until it was level with his heart. Her hand trembled violently. She gripped the gun tighter. Quatre looked at her with painfilled eyes. "If you must, get it over with." He said, his voice shaking. Katai pulled the trigger. The bullet shot from the gun...and missed its target. She had jerked her hand away at the last second. The bullet went over Quatres shoulder. She gave him a half smile and said sarcastically, "I guess I missed." Suddenly she found cold steel pressed against her throat. "Silly traitor. You act as if you are part of the MMPU itself! I shall kill you!" Katai gulped and said, "Before you do I'd like to inform you you'd be committing a national crime." Quatre who had already
started towards her to help her stopped in his tracks. Quatre gave her a questioning look. Katai pressed further, "You do know I'm the leader .... Princess of ten major colonies." Quatre looked like he was about to flip his lid. The assassin released her and with a curt bow left.
Katai shifted feet, standing on the sidewalk nervously silent waiting for Quatre to say something. Finally he asked, "Is it true? Are---are you really...?" She nodded her head and said, "They thought it would be good to train a leader as a Gundam pilot."
"What are you going to do now?" Quatre asked.
"Just keep following there missions. They can't do anything to me... But I worry about you." She replied. He grinned and said, "I'm touched, but I'll be fine." Katai swiveled on her foot and walked back to her apartment. Sitting down on the couch exhausted.
Quatre walked the rest of the way home, deep in thought. Katai. A very odd girl. Yet he liked her....a lot. He had scared her though when he had said he thought he was falling in love with her.
Katai stayed on her computer for five hours trying to take down the capital's computers. But she didn't succeed.
Finally she closed the computer down and went for a walk. Breathing in the fresh air she went for a brisk afternoon walk. She saw Duo sitting on a park bench. He got up and walked over to her. "Quatre told me all about what happened." Duo said. Katai crossed her arms, "Oh, Really? Do you guys tell each other EVERYTHING?"
"Well, not everything." Duo said. Katai turned away and said, "I'll see you tomorrow then." Duo nodded. Katai walked back to her apartment.
The next morning Katai yawned and rolled out of bed. She looked out of the window and saw it was pouring down rain. After slipping into her school uniform she went to look for an umbrella, but couldn't find one. She sighed and took one glance outside the window again, braided her hair and left her apartment. She ran, shivering, down to the sidewalk until she came to a crosswalk. Quatre was already standing there, holding an umbrella, about to cross the road. He saw her, shivering and soaked, and motioned her to come under the umbrella. She gratefully went under the umbrella and huddled under it beside him. Katai smiled up at him as they crossed together. "You know you should really smile more often. You have a beautiful smile." She blushed crimson and looked away from him.
They stepped into the school hall and everything went silent. Katai heard one boy whisper, "Did you hear? She's the one that piloted that Gundam the other day." Katai held her head high and walked down the hall. Quatre walked beside her watching her. A question popped into his mind from nowhere. He asked, "When is your birthday? How old are you?" She turned to him and said, "I suppose my birthday is today. And I'm turning 17 the same age as you."
"Your birthdays today? Why didn't you say anything?"
Katai shrugged, "Just not one of my priorities."
"Oh. Well here is my first class." He said waving good-bye and entering a room to the left.
Quatre wondered, "What was he going to give Katai for her birthday?" He got an idea. After school he ran to the mall to find what he was looking for.
Katai walked home. Her face was downcast and not looking were she was going. "Ouch!" Exclaimed a young voice. Looking up Katai saw she had run into Anrui. "OH! I'm sorry!" Katai said. Suddenly she found herself lifted up in his big arms. He hugged her tightly. "Wha'?" Katai said shocked. "I was so worried about you before! And I never got to see you yesterday so I wasn't even sure if you had survived!" He whispered into her ear. Releasing her she got a closer look at his eyes...they looked red and puffy as if he had been crying for along time...not he couldn't have. Those eyes....so strong. "I better go." Katai said. She walked past him down the street.
That night Katai sat on a chair reading a book. She was dressed in a white blouse and a long black skirt with her long hair loose. She heard the doorbell ring. Getting up, she opened the door. Standing there in the doorway was Quatre. He was wearing a white tuxedo, holding a single long stemmed rose in one hand and a small box wrapped in gold wrapping paper. "Happy Birthday." He said flashing her a smile. She was suddenly filled with joy. Nobody had ever told her 'Happy Birthday' in her life. Because her family had died when she was young she had so been wrapped up in her training and politics.
Quatre handed her the rose and stepped inside. Katai closed the door behind him. He bowed and said, "Your majesty I have made reservations at a restraunt down the street after you open your gift we can go there." Katai put the rose in some water then motioned Quatre to sit beside her. He sat down and handed her the small box. Her fingers fumbled as she tried to open it. Quatre placed his hands on hers and guided her fingers over the paper until the box lay open on her lap. Looking inside it there lay a golden heart shaped locket. She gasped. She opened the locket and on the right side of it was her school picture and on the left was Quatre's school picture. Katai lifted her hair and let Quatre put the locket on her. She turned to him with a wide smile. "Thank you." She said, her voice full of gratitude and kindness. "Seeing that smile is thanks enough." Quatre said offering her his hand. She took it and he lifted her up. Placing his arm over her shoulders they left the apartment. They walked down the street heading for the restraunt. Katai breathed in the sweet evening air. Quatre didn't say anything but was content at watching how happy she was.
They walked into the restraunt and found there table by a window. Katai looked at Quatre and said, "I---I wanted to tell you something. I didn't know how to say this-but the other day----I got an e-mail from the scientist that made my Gundam. She said I was to return back immediately. In other words....I'm leaving earth and going back to space." Quatre looked at her bewildered. Every one of the words struck his heart like a knife. She gulped and continued, "There's a rebellion on my main colony wanting to join the MMPU. The last rebellion ended up killing my whole family but my baby sister. In other words....I might never return here alive." Quatre watched her as she said this. Pain creased his face. "I'll come with you." He said. She shook her head, "Its to dangerous. Anyways remember I was supposed to kill you." He looked at her his usually cheerful eyes turning dark and depressed. She looked at him and grinned saying, "Its okay. Its not like we really got to know each other." He met her eyes and said, "But yet, didn't we?"
Katai turned away from Quatre and said, "I better go. My plane leaves tomorrow. When you look at the stars....remember me." She got up and walked to the door. Not looking back she left.
Duo chattered forever on the phone. Finally Quatre had to tell him to shut up. He informed Duo on what was happening. "Well, this could be a good thing. She has tried to kill you on many occasions." He said. Quatre was about to argue this but....maybe it was true?
Part 3: Reach for the Stars and I'll be There
Katai flicked off the radio and grabbed her duffel bag. Anrui was staying on earth to continue there missions. She had said good-bye to him last night after she had told Quatre were she was going. Grabbing her passport and airplane tickets she left her now empty apartment.
Quatre ran. He had to tell Katai something before she left. He ran to her apartment and found it empty. Worried he wouldn't see her again before she left he ran out the apartment building doors again and found a taxi.
Katai was about to climb onto the plane when she heard a crazy yelling and the sound of a fight. She turned around and found three security guards tackling Quatre down as he tried to follow her. Quatre was trying to yell something to her but the security guards were tackling him down and trying to shut him up. Quatre finally pulled free and ran up the rampway to the plane. He grabbed Katai's hand in his and looked into her eyes. She looked at him, realizing what he was about to say she said, "Don't say it. It just makes it worst. And I don't know if I can say it back." She pulled her hand from his. "But I have to say it. Even if you don't return it...I mean what I say." He said grabbing her arm before she could board the plane. "I love you, Katai. With all my heart." Katai looked at him then silently slipped her arm away from his hand as the Security guards came up the ramp and pulled him back. "I will never forget you! Even if the stars collapse and my world is about to end! I Won't forget you!" He yelled after her.
Katai shook her head confused and dizzy she boarded the plane. Katai looked out the window of the spacecraft. She sighed and settled back ready for a long flight. Her eyes closed as she fell into a dull sleep.

Quatre walked out of the doors of the airport. His face was downcast and sad.

Katai woke up depressed. When the waitress asked if she wanted some beer Katai nodded and accepted. The last thing Katai knew was she had a bunch of empty glass's in front of her and her bodyguards were dragging her off the spacecraft.

"Stupid girl. Getting herself drunk the day she comes back to her home." Said one of Katai's advisors sitting in the front of the sports car while Katai struck up a course of, "Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall..." The advisor shook her head and flicked her red hair from her face. She placed her hands tighter on the steering wheel of the car. Her blue nail-polish reflected in the mirror. "What a stupid girl. Did you know she couldn't even kill the old Gundam Pilots? I think she needs more training." She said to the second advisor. The second advisor nodded his head and said, "I agree with you, Miyako, she seems weaker now." Miyako pulled the car up into the driveway of a huge mansion. Heiki, the other advisor, stepped out of the car. He pushed back crowds of people. Half of the people were there pleading for help against the rebellion. The other half was the rebellion that wanted to kill Katai and get MMPU to take over. Body guards crowded around Katai as Heiki supported her to make sure she didn't fall. The Body Guards had to push back the people as Heiki helped Katai enter the mansion.

Katai woke up with a pounding in her head. She groaned and rolled out of bed. The clothes from last night were still on and had the powerfully strong smell of alcohol. Stumbling on her feet with her hair a mess she walked out the door in her socks. She opened the door and found Miyako there with her hands on her hips. She shook her head and turned away from Katai and said, "A certain boy seems to have sent you a letter." Miyako shook her head and shoved the letter into Katai's hands and walked away down the hall. The whole envelop was covered with stamps. "It must have came in the earliest spaceship this morning." Ripping open the seal Katai found a single small note. She looked on it and there was only a small sentence it said, "Hope should always be the last thing to lose." Katai stared at the paper for a long time. She finally crumpled it up and stuffed it in her pocket. Rubbing her bleary eyes she walked to the dinning room. She found her small sister standing there. Her sister looked up at her and plugged her nose, "You should really wear perfume." Commented her sister through her plugged nose. Katai ruffled her sisters brown hair. Heiki shoved a glass of blue liquid into Katai's hand. "What is this?" Katai asked looking at it. "Its a hang over medicine drink it up." Heiki said. Katai made a face the gulped it down and swallowed it. "That tastes horrible!" She said gagging. But soon after the pain in her head decreased and she felt a little more awake. She grabbed a box of cereal and poured it into a bowl. Sitting down at the big, long wooden table Katai ate her breakfast. "COME ON!!! You promised when you got back from earth you'd take me to the park!" Katai's little sister, Amy, screeched pulling the dreary Katai down the path. "Okay, Okay." Katai said yawning.

Quatre stared at the sky from his apartment balcony. "I wonder what she's doing now?" He mumbled mostly to himself not to the Wufei sitting beside him. Wufei just sat there in silence. Quatre got up from the chair and went over to the balcony railing. Breathing in the fresh air he couldn't help but worry. All of them knew that MMPU was planning a major attack but they didn't know on who. Quatre would bet a million dollars it would be on the colony Katai's on. There weak because of the rebellion and if they could take Katai out her younger sister is to little to lead ten colony's...they'd have to give in and let MMPU take control. Quatre knew how low on soldiers and military resources the ten colonies were. He worried constantly. He could never see her again! It didn't really matter though....not to him but maybe it should matter more? He had said he loved her hadn't he? Maybe he should just forget about her. That might be what is best. He should just forget.....yet it was so hard to even forget how her smile enriched her eyes or how her sharp words seemed to be dulled by her sweet voice.
Part 4: Get Out of My Head
Katai stared at the sky from a park bench...odd....lights, flashing lights, burning lights, hurtling down toward the colony. A thought clicked into her mind. She grabbed her sister from the swings and half carrying, half dragging her sister she ran back to the mansion. Out of breath she yelled a warning, "Bombs Coming! From the sky! Get down to the bomb shelter NOW!" Not waiting for reply she dragged herself and her sister to the shelter well she heard a bomb warning go out for the colony. Katai winced as she was pushed to the back of the shelter as more and more people crowded in. She winced as a great boom sounded. She bent to her knee's and waited for the peoples panic to stop. More body guards were crowding around her to try and keep the people from hurting her. Shutting her eyes tight she waited....

"Did you hear? BOMBS were sent by MMPU to attack Colony 112...the colony were the leader Katai is!!" Exclaimed a student excitedly. Quatre, Heero, Duo and Anrui swerved at hearing this news. Anrui grabbed the kid who had said this arm. "What happened? Is Katai okay? How many deaths?" Anrui demanded. "Hey, back off thats all I know!" Said the kid defensively. When Anrui let go of the kids arm the kid ran away as fast as possible. After a long silence Anrui rubbed his forehead and said, "Well. We should have expected this would happen sooner or later right?" Nobody answered all Quatre said was, "I'm going to find a newspaper to find out exactly what happened." Then Quatre turned around and walked off.

Katai sat down and a desk and started signing papers. It seemed that the bomb had also reached her other colony close to them. The other colony had had no warning, yet the effect was less many were killed. Katai frowned troubled, seemed they were going to have to recruit soldiers from earth to defend them. She had letters sent to the perfect generals to be: Quatre, Anrui, Duo, Heero, Wufei, and Trowa. She also sent statements to all the countries on earth asking for help, but seeing that they were swaying towards the MMPU's side she knew she wouldn't get much of a reply. She finally realized she had been hiding behind her advisors and avoiding her true position. Now she was ready. She would lead her colony's to victory. She would save them from dispare. She would fight.
Quatre picked up a paper and sighed a breath of relief to find it reported Katai and her sister were safe and Katai was working hard to maintain the colonies at this very moment. He also found out the 400 people were killed due to the bomb and 102 due to the after affects. Anrui was greatly worried about his own family and the death names would be sent to earth soon...

"We MUST attack now! There weak! We can strike and WIN!" Demanded a member of the MMPU at there conference. "Are you sure about this? We don't want to gain the major colony to find theres nothing left." Said another member. "We should attack if we attack now then we can win and they'll have no defenses." Said yet another member. "Lets vote on it." Hands raised and fell in the end the vote that won was to attack the ten colonies.