Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Gundam Wing Addict Series ❯ I'm a Gundam Wing addict... Are you? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I'm a Gundam Wing addict. . . are you?


The girl threw herself on her couch and took a sip of her tea as she flipped through the newspaper. She opened up to the entertainment section and began to read when something caught her eye. She threw her pink beret aside and began to read the article:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I'm a Gundam Wing Addict. . . are you?
by S. R. Valentine


Yes it's true. Gundam Wing is so addictive, it should come with its own warning from the surgeon general. At least that's what my studies have come to prove. The following are some warning signs of a possible addiction.

-You find yourself reading this after searching for new GW fanfics.

-You profile one of the pilots for your psychology class (Heero Yuy, THAT would be interesting...)

-You freely admit to those you meet that you are addicted to Gundam Wing, and proud of it.

-Your little brother refers to you as Duo because you're loud, annoying, and eat a lot. You take this as a compliment because you LOVE Duo (C'mon, who doesn't.)

-You're planning on not cutting your hair for three to five years. Why? So you can be Duo or Milliardo for Halloween!

-Before Gundam Wing you aspired to be a doctor. Now you've changed your mind. Trowa and Catherine made the circus a whole lot more appealing!

-You made a sign for your room to count down the days until Endless Waltz premieres on Toonami.

-You dust off your old keyboard and try to teach yourself how to play 'Rhythm Emotion.'

-You watch Disney's Aladdin with your younger siblings and can't stop laughing whenever you hear 'Arabian Nights.' You then proceed to look for people who look like any of the Manguanacs, or any of the Winners.

-Summer's over. You're best friend went to a summer program at Yale. Another friend went to Rome. Another to the Philippines, and another got a job. You, on the other hand, spent your summer doing the following: searching the internet for Gundam Wing sites, pictures and fanfics; writing GW fanfics; spending your money on the merchandise; and taping every episode making sure not to tape commercials.

-You live in constant fear of the day when GW will go off the air.

-You're an expert at noticing that a character on a different show has the same voice actor. (example: you immediately knew that Allen and Van from Escaflowne, were Zechs and Trowa)

-You can't get to sleep at night until you get that fanfic idea down on paper. When that's done, another pops into your head. You end up spending over an hour trying to get to sleep.

-Staying up all night, every night, to watch the uncut episodes on the Cartoon Network, has messed up your internal clock. (it happened to me!)

-You've found a magic lamp, and out pops a genie. Your wishes are: 1. World peace, 2. End to suffering, disease and poverty, and 3. That one of the characters from GW were human and yours. . . all yours.

-You find yourself pondering for hours on end one simple, little question: What color are Quatre's eyes? (maybe you can help. . . they seem to go from green to blue to greenish blue! Argh!)

-You hear a song on the radio and can immediately relate it to a GW character or situation.

-You used three whole ink cartridges printing out GW pictures to create your own GW binder.

-You buy a new RPG and end up naming all the characters straight from Gundam Wing.

-You wonder if Escaflowne and the pink Ryo-ohki ship (from Tenchi in Tokyo) could be the long lost Gundams 06 and 07. Then you wonder what type of MS the power rangers use.

-You know for a fact that Deathscythe Hell could kick Godzilla from here to the colonies.

-You spent X amount of money buying all the Gundams and some Mobile Suits to go with them. Now you're hoping that the day arrives when they start to sell action figures of the characters themselves.

-Hacking never looked as cool as it does when you see Heero do it.

-You find yourself debating which actors should play the characters if there was ever a live action GW movie. (I'm a firm believer that Val Kilmer would make a good Treize. Sometimes he even talks like him. . . freaky)

-You know the system of names and numbers by heart. Not only that, but you know what language the names are from.

-Whenever you count, you think of GW. (Math was never so much fun)

-Occasionally, you're found wearing a silver mask and using an alias. It's these days especially that you shouldn't be messed with.

-You find yourself quoting GW. . . constantly. (example: your friends are fighting so you scream: "We shouldn't be fighting at all")

-After hours of hearing Relena go on and on about peace, you're beginning to seriously think that Absolute Pacifism could work.

-You know it's expensive, and training will be long and hard, but that doesn't matter, you're dying to learn how to fence.

-You're seriously on the lookout for Quatre's 28 other sisters.

-Your wardrobe is composed of one pink beret, a green tank top, khaki pants, a priest shirt, black bike shorts, a grayish purple vest, and a pair of those knee high OZ boots (God I love those)

-You're friends know when to back off and let you have your way : whenever you're wearing your glasses and your hair is up in braids.

-You have a ten year old brother who seems to fit into the target audience perfectly. You, on the other hand, are a 17 year old girl who loves the series more than he ever could.

-You can't watch the Wizard of Oz without bursting into laughter.

-You can't read your horoscope without thinking about GW (yeah Taurus!)

-You're hoping you may learn something about blonde Arabs in anthropology.

-Sure, you may have some problems with Wu Fei, but you'd still readily defend him, should the occasion arise.

-If you fit most, if not all of these categories, you may have a problem. Please receive help immediately. I was cured of this addiction and you can be cured as well. Treat this like any other addiction and receive help as soon as possible."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

The girl placed the paper on her coffee table and sighed. She looked down at her knee high black boots and began to nervously play with her long, chestnut brown braid. She sighed again, "Me. . . an addict? Nahh!"



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Well, there it is. I know it's a little weird. I originally wanted to have more warning signs, but I ran dry. Oh well. Please review it, but be nice. This is my first stab at humor. (Quatre slowly backs away at the sound of the word "stab") Anywho. Maybe I'll think of more. It'll probably take a while since I'm working on my current series and a story that will hopefully end up worthy of the title "horror." Not to mention school (I shudder at the thought.) Well, peace out, and once again... please review.

Oh, by the way, I fit into 31 of these (don't ask how). How many do you fit into? Yeah, I know. . . I have no life ^_^